FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Stop the Oil Stop Stonehenge

Stop the Oil Stop Stonehenge

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 13 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Reports of these oil types turning Stonehenge orange..

Why blame the druids. It's all over the stones

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iddlesticksMan 13 weeks ago

My nan’s spare room.

This is actually interesting.

I don’t suppose many of the people that go there during the Solstice actually walk there.

Old VW campers are hardly the cleanest running vehicles on the planet, then there’s the generators that go with them.

2000 years ago the stones were probably covered in the blood of a sacrificial virgin, so orange dye shouldn’t be an issue.

Chelmsford

The stones have been there for literally hundreds of years

By *ob Carpe DiemMan 13 weeks ago

Torquay

"The stones have been there for literally hundreds of years "

I remember them being there when I was a kid and you were allowed to climb all over them, I don't think you are now due to park keeper spoil sport types I expect

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 13 weeks ago

chichester

"This is actually interesting.

I don’t suppose many of the people that go there during the Solstice actually walk there.

Old VW campers are hardly the cleanest running vehicles on the planet, then there’s the generators that go with them.

2000 years ago the stones were probably covered in the blood of a sacrificial virgin, so orange dye shouldn’t be an issue. "

Maybe one of the druids could have sacrificed these two imbeciles throwing paint .. certainly would have made for some actual interesting news about stop oil for a change

By *lue RascalMan 13 weeks ago

Cheshire Liverpool Manchester

If this is an attempt to make them seem more interesting so that I’ll visit then it failed.

chichester

"If this is an attempt to make them seem more interesting so that I’ll visit then it failed. "

there are women that have their tits out that visit at the big events , just saying

By *lue RascalMan 13 weeks ago

Cheshire Liverpool Manchester

"If this is an attempt to make them seem more interesting so that I’ll visit then it failed.

there are women that have their tits out that visit at the big events , just saying "

My tickets are booked

By *heel markMan 13 weeks ago

beside the sea

Let's hope a stint in prison shows them the error of their ways.

chichester

"Let's hope a stint in prison shows them the error of their ways. "

they will get a slap wrist and a fine which will be paid for from the stop oil fund budget the organisation runs for its members ..

chichester

"If this is an attempt to make them seem more interesting so that I’ll visit then it failed.

there are women that have their tits out that visit at the big events , just saying

My tickets are booked "

i will bring the baby oil in my SUV .. we can oil up those dam boobs on sight

By *odgerMooreMan 13 weeks ago

Carlisle

I think if there were a load of fit burdz and their slogan was ‘ just stop oil … and i’ll show you my tits!!’ We would be at net xero years ago

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

Just what we need, another reason for people to slow down on that bloody 303

By *oeydogsMan 13 weeks ago

brentwood

Can’t wait for people to tear the colosseum down in the name of stopping deforestation (this is sarcastic btw)

They’re completely restarted shall we say

By *immyinreadingMan 13 weeks ago

henley on thames

What on earth makes this a reasonable target?

Other than the eco-terrorists wanting to wreck anything anyone might enjoy … art, sports events, driving home …

Every time they do something like this they do more damage to their own cause

Chelmsford

"What on earth makes this a reasonable target?

Other than the eco-terrorists wanting to wreck anything anyone might enjoy … art, sports events, driving home …

Every time they do something like this they do more damage to their own cause "

Tom agrees with Jimmy in Reading...

By *arlot o scaraWoman 13 weeks ago

Hell

They covered the stones in oil based paint and I don’t suppose they walked there.

Chelmsford

The buggers have just targeted an area at Stansted, famously used by Taylor Swift, and painted private planes. It matters not. Everyone will ton it's Dutch Airlines

By *oodmessMan 13 weeks ago

yumsville

Every time they do something like this they do more damage to their own cause "

I'm assuming it's a reasonable target as everything will be underwater if nothing is done or rowed back on.

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 13 weeks ago

wonderland.

I think its an awful place to vandalise. They need to be thrown in prison fair play to those that tried to stop them.

Doing it right before the solstice too... shocking x

By *WINGStars23Couple 13 weeks ago

Chorley, & East Lanc's

Reports on Sky news this morning are that they have cut through the fence at Stansted Airport and spray painted some jets.

Criminal damage is not going to help their cause. It's just going to make more people angry at them.

Chelmsford

One eco type has announced that small lichen type species, which are like those small growths on the roofs of those lucky enough to have a roof over their heads, might have been killed. Only Tom is standing up for the small man here.

By *icecouple561Couple 13 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We're heading for disaster, they're trying to bring it to everyone's attention.

Despite it obviously not working and having the opposite to the required effect they carry on.

Obviously a strongly worded letter to The Times isn't going to work.

What will I wonder

By *sleWightCoupleCouple 13 weeks ago

Ryde

[Removed by poster at 20/06/24 09:27:26]

Chelmsford

"Reports on Sky news this morning are that they have cut through the fence at Stansted Airport and spray painted some jets.

Criminal damage is not going to help their cause. It's just going to make more people angry at them."

When you target Stonehenge, museums, the snooker then the authorities and establishment are mildly alarmed. Target the rich, wealthy and those who park their planes at Stansted, like fabbers parking a car at Tesco, and those authorities and establishment figures will be thoroughly pissed off.

These protestors may think that some orange, powder based paint may result in a slap on wrist criminal damage charge. If they messed with Tom's plane then it would be civil action all the way seeking tens of thousands

Target the rich and wealthy and sew what you reap

By *arlot o scaraWoman 13 weeks ago

Hell

Can I have a go on Tom’s plane

henley on thames

I'm assuming it's a reasonable target as everything will be underwater if nothing is done or rowed back on.

"

Really? That’s reasonable?

By *teveanddebsCouple 13 weeks ago

Norwich

Old VW campers are hardly the cleanest running vehicles on the planet"

I bet there lifetime carbon footprint is a lot smaller than a Prius or other battery operated car.

By *8on33Man 13 weeks ago

winfrith

Yes Tom I really don't like to see Historical buildings trashed in the name of protest it's our history they should be punished severely and no media coverage but of course they play right into their hands by splashing it all over the news .

henley on thames

"Reports on Sky news this morning are that they have cut through the fence at Stansted Airport and spray painted some jets.

Criminal damage is not going to help their cause. It's just going to make more people angry at them."

Agreed.

A neighbour of mine has been involved with JSO and ER in the past, and is now scratching her head trying to figure out why she is having problems with things like security clearance.

If they actually wanted broad support, then they would never have engaged in these tactics. Normal people who are concerned about climate wouldn’t go near these orgs now.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I imagine many people who attend Stonehenge for the solstice would be sympathetic to JSO. This might have damaged their cause.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

What I did notice was that one lone woman was trying to stop them. Eventually a man came along and helped then another woman stepped in. All the while someone was conveniently filming.

I smell a set up

By *icolerobbieCouple 13 weeks ago

walsall

Every time they raise their heads, they convince me to use more oil.

By *allandathleticMan 13 weeks ago

Asgard

It's all well and good coming up with a slogan "just stop oil"

What all oil? Just stop mining/refining it completely?

So the electricity grid faces black outs and in a matter of weeks (as reserves deplete) global haulage stops. Essential items, such as food run short.

I understand there are valid concerns with climate change and carbon emissions. However, making a catchy slogan and being a prick isn't the solution.

It'd cause poverty, death and destruction on a scale never seen.

And as for defacing a UNESCO site, with powder paint (manufactured using masses of heat energy)(the irony is unbelievable) they're "bigger pricks than cacti be"

By *odgerMooreMan 13 weeks ago

Carlisle

Whether I agree with their point or not - vandalism isn’t the way… some over educated over privileged knobhead is deciding ohhh lets destroy the Mona Lisa or some other historic treasure - while the people they want support from are having to worry about how to get to work or stay warm and eat or feed the kids. No one’s listening to them because they’re faced with a much bigger immediate problem of staying alive NOW.

The ministers they want to pressure don’t care… the protestors are a welcome distraction on the news while they bury news of another huge tax break for themselves or pay rise for themselves or meaningless NI cut

For us

By *till gameMan 13 weeks ago

two doors down

"What I did notice was that one lone woman was trying to stop them. Eventually a man came along and helped then another woman stepped in. All the while someone was conveniently filming.

I smell a set up"

There is always someone filming it , because the jso organisers are there at every disruption, they are the one egging these daft sods to do it, while they keep there hands clean

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"What I did notice was that one lone woman was trying to stop them. Eventually a man came along and helped then another woman stepped in. All the while someone was conveniently filming.

I smell a set up

There is always someone filming it , because the jso organisers are there at every disruption, they are the one egging these daft sods to do it, while they keep there hands clean "

Yeah, no point if nobody sees it. I just wonder why one solitary woman tried to stop them at first.

I know I shouldn't laugh about it but I still stifle a chuckle about the man who glued his face to the road and immediately regretted it. What in earth made him think it was even remotely sensible

By *mmaleiaWoman 13 weeks ago

East Northamptonshire

Real celebrations of the solstice don’t happen at stone henge, that’s where all the hippy Instagram influencing wanna bes go!

Avebury is where it’s at!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Real celebrations of the solstice don’t happen at stone henge, that’s where all the hippy Instagram influencing wanna bes go!

Avebury is where it’s at!"

Don't tell everyone

I don't think most people realise the size of Avebury.

Chelmsford

Tom likes the approach that a VW dealer did in West Germany. Eco types glued their hands to the bonnets of high and cars. The owner just put the lights out, turned the heating off and sent all of his employees home. Within an hour they were ignored, cold and desperate for the loo...

two doors down

I smell a set up

There is always someone filming it , because the jso organisers are there at every disruption, they are the one egging these daft sods to do it, while they keep there hands clean

Yeah, no point if nobody sees it. I just wonder why one solitary woman tried to stop them at first.

I know I shouldn't laugh about it but I still stifle a chuckle about the man who glued his face to the road and immediately regretted it. What in earth made him think it was even remotely sensible "

Depends what time of day it happened, might not of been many around.

I’ve a mate who went to one of there rally’s , out of intrest to see what went on.

Said it was like some sort of religious cult, they whipped them up into a frenzy , then asked for volunteers to come forward if they wanted to help the cause

Scary people

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I smell a set up

I know I shouldn't laugh about it but I still stifle a chuckle about the man who glued his face to the road and immediately regretted it. What in earth made him think it was even remotely sensible

I’ve a mate who went to one of there rally’s , out of intrest to see what went on.

Said it was like some sort of religious cult, they whipped them up into a frenzy , then asked for volunteers to come forward if they wanted to help the cause

Scary people "

I get the impression that they are somewhat evangelical.

However we need to do something we're heading at top speed to a horrible climate emergency. Nobody is taking much notice, even David Attenborough is falling mostly on deaf ears. In 100 years time the history books may paint these people in a very different light

Forum Mod

East Sussex

^^ if there's many people left to write them let alone read them

walsall

"Tom likes the approach that a VW dealer did in West Germany. Eco types glued their hands to the bonnets of high and cars. The owner just put the lights out, turned the heating off and sent all of his employees home. Within an hour they were ignored, cold and desperate for the loo... "

I’d buy a vw diesel now.

two doors down

"^^ if there's many people left to write them let alone read them"

I think the majority of the public don’t like the way the have gone about things, most are annoyed or laugh at them.

Also general public can’t really change a lot, the oil producing countries are not going to give up the revenue from oil

chichester

"Tom likes the approach that a VW dealer did in West Germany. Eco types glued their hands to the bonnets of high and cars. The owner just put the lights out, turned the heating off and sent all of his employees home. Within an hour they were ignored, cold and desperate for the loo... "

lol thats the way to do it .. leave these rotters to it

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"^^ if there's many people left to write them let alone read them

I think the majority of the public don’t like the way the have gone about things, most are annoyed or laugh at them.

Also general public can’t really change a lot, the oil producing countries are not going to give up the revenue from oil "

Yeah, they're not gaining sympathy or support. I don't understand why they continue down the path they're on. They have some very wealthy backers and a lot of followers why can't they come up with methods of protest that will gain support among the majority of 'ordinary' people?

Is it because they don't want to?

two doors down

"^^ if there's many people left to write them let alone read them

Also general public can’t really change a lot, the oil producing countries are not going to give up the revenue from oil

Yeah, they're not gaining sympathy or support. I don't understand why they continue down the path they're on. They have some very wealthy backers and a lot of followers why can't they come up with methods of protest that will gain support among the majority of 'ordinary' people?

Is it because they don't want to?"

Well there is a conspiracy theory that it’s the oil producers that are behind them, getting them to do daft things , so the public turn against the climate protesters

By *ripfillMan 13 weeks ago

havant

It’s a democratic right to protest ( thank goodness ) stay away Putin

But it’s sad they draw attention to a worth while cause of slowing - stopping oil re climate change etc fossil fuel demand is at its highest ever !( thank you China )

Works or art, public antiquities in my view damages their cause to deface them. They need public support not anti support

By *enSiskoMan 13 weeks ago

Cestus 3

Heatwave around the equator, some countries report heat of 50c.

India and Saudi Arabia report deaths due to heatwave, but as we are away from the equator this shouldn't be troubling news.

chichester

"It’s a democratic right to protest ( thank goodness ) stay away Putin

But it’s sad they draw attention to a worth while cause of slowing - stopping oil re climate change etc fossil fuel demand is at its highest ever !( thank you China )

Works or art, public antiquities in my view damages their cause to deface them. They need public support not anti support

"

Protest yes thats fine , no one cares or is saying they cant protest , its just ridiculous when they commit criminal damage and try hide being well its my right to protest ..

If I owned a business that was defaced by these people absolutely I would go hammer and nails at pressing charges and dragging them through the system to punish their behaviour of that part . .. they need to be made accountable and accept that actions have consequences in the real world ..

Protest by all means but know the legal line of committing a criminal act

Cestus 3

Protesters ruin building or monument to highlight the worrying effects of climate change once called global warming or the greenhouse effect. people are held up in traffic or inconvenienced and they hate those protestors.

Tell the same people their bills and taxes and things dear to them will rise or be at risk and they vote for it.

chichester

"Protesters ruin building or monument to highlight the worrying effects of climate change once called global warming or the greenhouse effect. people are held up in traffic or inconvenienced and they hate those protestors.

Tell the same people their bills and taxes and things dear to them will rise or be at risk and they vote for it.

"

criminal damage is still criminal damage ... we have laws for a reason ..

Cestus 3

"Protesters ruin building or monument to highlight the worrying effects of climate change once called global warming or the greenhouse effect. people are held up in traffic or inconvenienced and they hate those protestors.

criminal damage is still criminal damage ... we have laws for a reason .."

We do have laws and yes for a reason, would some one tell those who ignore it, like the post office or government official who bets on the day of election, when the establishment get their act together instead of deflecting from themselves by blaming those who care for their children futures.

two doors down

"

We are consumers but we only consume what is produced.

I’m sure you remember a while back we were Told to buy diesel cars and if you drove a petrol you were a dirty filthy heathen.

Few years later, total turn around !

Get buying petrol and if you drive diesel your a dirty filthy heathen

We don’t decide , higher powers do

havant

"It’s a democratic right to protest ( thank goodness ) stay away Putin

Protest yes thats fine , no one cares or is saying they cant protest , its just ridiculous when they commit criminal damage and try hide being well its my right to protest ..

If I owned a business that was defaced by these people absolutely I would go hammer and nails at pressing charges and dragging them through the system to punish their behaviour of that part . .. they need to be made accountable and accept that actions have consequences in the real world ..

Protest by all means but know the legal line of committing a criminal act "

Agree !

By *wosmilersCouple 13 weeks ago

Heathrowish

I'm not prepared to listen to them until they stop attacking and vandalising their targets.

Cestus 3

We are consumers but we only consume what is produced.

I’m sure you remember a while back we were Told to buy diesel cars and if you drove a petrol you were a dirty filthy heathen.

Few years later, total turn around !

Get buying petrol and if you drive diesel your a dirty filthy heathen

We don’t decide , higher powers do "

They call it "Programming"

I remember a time when the narrative could be controlled as we only had 3 channels, the radio and newspapers so people pretty much did as they were told.

Now the internet can carry many different views which included climate change so to control the narrative things have been confused with cancelling those who do not agree or spread so many stories no one knows the truth.

By *4bimMan 13 weeks ago

Farnborough Hampshire

we dont get away with this shit in florida

or texas.

you get shot, and shot a lot. and because people know this they do not do it.

By *illan-KillashMan 13 weeks ago

London/Sussex/Surrey/Berks/Hants

I smell a set up

Scary people

However we need to do something we're heading at top speed to a horrible climate emergency. Nobody is taking much notice, even David Attenborough is falling mostly on deaf ears. In 100 years time the history books may paint these people in a very different light"

Hopefully they’ll be painted orange.

*the irony

Chelmsford

"we dont get away with this shit in florida

or texas.

"

Agreed. Shoot the buggers.

By *0ng0 furyMan 13 weeks ago

Birkenhead

it'll come off with a bit of rain

"it'll come off with a bit of rain"

And if there's no rain and the sun hardens it to the stone surface?

By *0ng0 furyMan 13 weeks ago

Birkenhead

no rain! it's the uk summer!!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I smell a set up

Scary people

However we need to do something we're heading at top speed to a horrible climate emergency. Nobody is taking much notice, even David Attenborough is falling mostly on deaf ears. In 100 years time the history books may paint these people in a very different light

*the irony"

I thought that when I typed

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Some archaeologists think that ancient monuments should be left to whatever happens to them rather than be preserved in whatever state they were when we first took proper notice of them. The original people who constructed Stonehenge might agree with that, we can't possibly know.

So if the stones are stained with orange paint it's just another part of their long history.

By *cnugatugMan 13 weeks ago

Chatham

It's absolutely disgusting going to the henge just to paint them with dyed corn paint it's absolutely disgusting that they think this action will get more people behind them it's set their cause back not brought it forward I have been to the henge many times and I find it calming in no way does it deserve to have 2 clowns spraying them with orange I mean what does stone henge have to do with oil absolutely nothing now them going after Taylor swifts private jet I understand that action as jets take fuel and genuinely harm the planet Stonehenge doesn't do any harm in fact it actually helps what with the very rare lycan that grows only there just stop oil should be deemed a terrorist group

walsall

criminal damage is still criminal damage ... we have laws for a reason .."

Trouble is the juries keep failing to convict because they agree with their cause. They really are getting away with it. Companies should personally sue them for damages in the civil courts.

By *eard and TattsCouple 13 weeks ago

Cwmbran

That defaced a load of private jets too.

Hopefully one of em was Taylor sniffs

I smell a set up

Scary people

*the irony

I thought that when I typed "

Great minds.

Etc.

walsall

or texas.

Y’all know how to deal with these pesky varmints….

Agreed. Shoot the buggers. "

Ryde

[Removed by poster at 20/06/24 12:45:09]

Ryde

Contrary to the popular stereotype, hippies are among the most violent people around - generally espousing the credo of "peace and love...or we'll beat the shit out of you".

Many of them still take part in the Solstice, so maybe the little gits who defaced Stonehenge should be turned over to the them and let the hippies express their thoughts on it.

two doors down

"it'll come off with a bit of rain"

Apparently the paint is made with cornflour, so rain would make it very difficult to remove

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 13 weeks ago

golden fields

or texas.

Agreed. Shoot the buggers. "

That's right, anyone who throws paint on stuff should be "shot a lot".

Splashing paint =

Shooting people =

If only it was more like the US here with people going rounds shooting and killing eachother the whole time. At least they have no graffiti.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"it'll come off with a bit of rain

Apparently the paint is made with cornflour, so rain would make it very difficult to remove"

It'll make a nice wallpaper paste through

two doors down

Apparently the paint is made with cornflour, so rain would make it very difficult to remove

It'll make a nice wallpaper paste through "

Be harder to get rid of than spunk stains

Cwmbran

Be harder to get rid of than spunk stains "

Now if just stop oil protesters were spraying spunk everywhere I'd happily take a bullet for stone henge

Cwmbran

[Removed by poster at 20/06/24 13:24:36]

two doors down

Now if just stop oil protesters were spraying spunk everywhere I'd happily take a bullet for stone henge "

Chelmsford

Apparently the paint is made with cornflour, so rain would make it very difficult to remove"

Surely not.. the rain is full of acid

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Be harder to get rid of than spunk stains "

Goodness me, there's a special stain remover for that...apparently...erm so I've been told...

yumsville

Really? That’s reasonable? "

I think they have said as much - they are trying to make the point that we will have no future if action is not taken. I think they are making a pretty good effort.

If no one draws attention to a changing climate we are left with Thumberg, an ageing Attenborough, COP's that hype but do enact little, the odd break through technology that goes nowhere and BBC weather reports.

By *ingerSpiceBombCouple 13 weeks ago

Bedfordshire

Absolute losers !

two doors down

Goodness me, there's a special stain remover for that...apparently...erm so I've been told..."

By *ingerSpiceBombCouple 13 weeks ago

Bedfordshire

"Real celebrations of the solstice don’t happen at stone henge, that’s where all the hippy Instagram influencing wanna bes go!

Avebury is where it’s at!"

You won’t see them types either at the winter solstice which it’s also set up for

Far to cold for influencers, who actually follows those types of people anyway

yumsville

Beside Just stop oil creating a lunar eclipse it's quite a bold move painting the Henge. It's fairly poignant given it's a monument honouring the celestial - when man made change didn't exist.

Chelmsford

Avebury is where it’s at!

You won’t see them types either at the winter solstice which it’s also set up for

Far to cold for influencers, who actually follows those types of people anyway "

Tom used to go to the winter solstice at Stonehenge

By *obyn GravesTV/TS 13 weeks ago

1127 walnut avenue

Surely not.. the rain is full of acid"

No you're getting confused with the people that used to attend the festival..

By *ulfilthmentMan 13 weeks ago

Just around the corner

No you're getting confused with the people that used to attend the festival.."

No you're getting confused with the people that used to attend the festival.."

Oh that was good.......

Cestus 3

Really? That’s reasonable?

I think they have said as much - they are trying to make the point that we will have no future if action is not taken. I think they are making a pretty good effort.

If no one draws attention to a changing climate we are left with Thumberg, an ageing Attenborough, COP's that hype but do enact little, the odd break through technology that goes nowhere and BBC weather reports.

"

That is correct someone has to bring this way of life to our attention, we are being sold fossil fuels, that pollute the atmosphere.

The pollution will reach a level were plants will die and oxygen levels will be affected, but we will will have long gone by then, just looking at the weather around the equator at the moment is worrying enough, people dying in 50 degrees.

I suppose it is all part of the plan, get rid of hope and replace it with hate.

By *ichaelsmyMan 13 weeks ago

douglas

the idiots with the paint should be sacraficed to the druid gods

By *ulfilthmentMan 13 weeks ago

Just around the corner

"the idiots with the paint should be sacraficed to the druid gods"

Good call.

By *ivemealadybonerWoman 13 weeks ago

somewhere

I watched the footage, why was there people shouting "no" but not actually doing much to stop them? A couple of people did try but didn't try hard enough in my opinion and if they didn't cycle there then it was pointless and what kind of paint were they using? So many questions.

By *cnugatugMan 13 weeks ago

Chatham

"I watched the footage, why was there people shouting "no" but not actually doing much to stop them? A couple of people did try but didn't try hard enough in my opinion and if they didn't cycle there then it was pointless and what kind of paint were they using? So many questions."
because nowadays even if you touch someone you could be liable for assault

By *lym4realCouple 13 weeks ago

plymouth

Amazing to think we still no bugger all about the "Henge" really or even how they did it ? but i doubt some orange stuff will harm but the rain that contains various nasty nasty stuff due to fossil fuel might ?? but hey 99% of scientists are liars ?? xx

By *dwalu2Couple 13 weeks ago

Bristol

Another brilliant action by Just Stop Oil. Good to see them establishing themselves as masters of art protest.

Chelmsford

"I watched the footage, why was there people shouting "no" but not actually doing much to stop them? A couple of people did try but didn't try hard enough in my opinion and if they didn't cycle there then it was pointless and what kind of paint were they using? So many questions. because nowadays even if you touch someone you could be liable for assault "

They may have looked peaceful but there may have been burly minders there ready to step in if it cut up rough.

By *tsMattyHMan 13 weeks ago

Inverurie

This Just Stop Oil lot are totally clueless. Absolute nuggets. Climate change isn't a thing. The earth goes through natural warming periods and cooling periods. There's a guy that gives a really good explanation about it and how they know this. It's a ploy to push electricity to the front because they can charge more for it in the long run.

havant

"That defaced a load of private jets too.

Hopefully one of em was Taylor sniffs"

Agreed on this action - I have some tall step

Ladders

chichester

hopefully the press will cover what or if criminal damage charges they Get ... I love abit of actions have consequences

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 13 weeks ago

golden fields

"This Just Stop Oil lot are totally clueless. Absolute nuggets. Climate change isn't a thing.

"

"

The earth goes through natural warming periods and cooling periods. There's a guy that gives a really good explanation about it and how they know this. It's a ploy to push electricity to the front because they can charge more for it in the long run.

"

The climate change caused by human activity has nothing to do with the natural cycles. We've had a solid understanding since the late 70s of what causes it, and why.

Climate science is a well understood discipline.

If you want to talk about money, might be worth knowing that the fossil fuels industry received over $7 trillion in subsidiaries in 2022. That's why this industry pushes false information, such as the "it's just the natural cycle" nonsense.

Knowledge is power. Learn the basics of climate science. It's pretty easy to understand.

By *atnip make me purrWoman 13 weeks ago

Reading

2000 years ago the stones were probably covered in the blood of a sacrificial virgin, so orange dye shouldn’t be an issue. "

I'd better stay away then.

» Add a new message to this topic