FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Trans Swimmer Banned From Olympics

Trans Swimmer Banned From Olympics

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 14 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Lia Thomas the American swimmer who won a college title will not be selected for the Olympics because of going through male puberty. Is this discrimination or a victory for common sense ? It's all over the news

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *eard and TattsCouple 14 weeks ago

Cwmbran

Good

By *wistntwirlCouple 14 weeks ago

Middle Land

It is discrimination.

It is also good sense.

By *mileyculturebelfastMan 14 weeks ago

belfast

It's the correct decision. They have disabled Olympics. Why not trans Olympics.

By *ady LickWoman 14 weeks ago

Northampton Somewhere

I think it's a fair decision for the other competitors.

By *ixon CiderMan 14 weeks ago

Birmingham

Wasn't fair, Leah's massive cock worked as a third leg when paddling

By *inky_couple2020Couple 14 weeks ago

North West

"It's the correct decision. They have disabled Olympics. Why not trans Olympics. "

No, not "disabled Olympics". Paralympics. The "para" stands for "parallel".

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 14 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"It's the correct decision. They have disabled Olympics. Why not trans Olympics.

No, not "disabled Olympics". Paralympics. The "para" stands for "parallel". "

No. You are thinking of the bars...

By *atnip make me purrWoman 14 weeks ago

Reading

No 2 people are born the same. Genetics already give some tremendous advantages over others. The need for trans acceptance is higher than this. I'm sad that she lost this battle.

Maybe anyone born 6 foot 6 should no longer be allowed to play basketball as its unfair to the shorties.

By *irthandgirthMan 14 weeks ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

"No 2 people are born the same. Genetics already give some tremendous advantages over others. The need for trans acceptance is higher than this. I'm sad that she lost this battle.

Maybe anyone born 6 foot 6 should no longer be allowed to play basketball as its unfair to the shorties."

There is far more than physical dimension or amended hormone levels to consider.

Increased muscle mass.

Increased muscle power.

Increased lung capacity.

Different body shapes.

If anyone wants a practical demonstration I would put forward the experiment that they strap on a chest pad and let a female and male boxer of identical weight hit them through it to see the difference.

Genetic males should not compete against genetic females.

belfast

"No 2 people are born the same. Genetics already give some tremendous advantages over others. The need for trans acceptance is higher than this. I'm sad that she lost this battle.

Maybe anyone born 6 foot 6 should no longer be allowed to play basketball as its unfair to the shorties."

Load of nonsense to be fair.

By *rPeachyMan 14 weeks ago

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 13/06/24 14:10:18]

By *racknell_GuyMan 14 weeks ago

Bracknell

[Removed by poster at 13/06/24 14:42:02]

By *racknell_GuyMan 14 weeks ago

Bracknell

Correct decision.

A biological advantage is far greater than a genetic advantage.

Middle Land

I don't think beating women is the best approach for achieving trans acceptance.

By *lowupdollTV/TS 14 weeks ago

S. Herts

Correct decision.

By *hagTonightMan 14 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

It is the correct decision they did too.

By *iberius61Man 14 weeks ago

Pontefract

All Olympic athletes are genetic freaks to some extent, so yes sports are unfair to shorties, but for a male to out compete a female, he doesn't have to be quite such a freak as if he competed in the male event. This is where the element of fairness comes in I think.

There are two competing ideas here, inclusively and fairness. In everyday life I would side with inclusively, but in competitive sport I think we have to side with fairness. A person who has gone through puberty as a male will always have retained genetic advantages.

Bristol

It's good that the olympic committee has finally seen sense over this. Hopefully cycling and other sporting bodies will do the same.

Reading

Can you show me proof that she does indeed have much of an advantage over cis women?

By *ts the taking part thatMan 14 weeks ago

southampton

"It is discrimination.

It is also good sense."

Can't be discrimination, womens sport is for women. Not letting a man enter can't be discrimination as not a woman.

It's truly that simple.

Pontefract

"Can you show me proof that she does indeed have much of an advantage over cis women?"

Not sure what you would accept as proof, and thats a bit black and white, I'd rather talk about evidence. First take a visual look at her body size and shape and compare it to most (but not all) cis women. Next take a look at her results, those from when she competed as a male, and then those where she competed as a female. Those are two pieces of evidence that I find tip the scales. Proof? No, it not black and white, it's a balance of evidence.

Pontefract

"Can you show me proof that she does indeed have much of an advantage over cis women?"

Also I'd question the word 'much' in this context. Almost all Olympic competitions are decided by very fine margins. There really is no need to have 'much' of an advantage. A very small one will usually suffice in Olympic sport.

By *andyfloss2000Woman 14 weeks ago

ashford

Discrimination x

Bristol

"Discrimination x"

It really isn't.

By *ady LickWoman 14 weeks ago

Northampton Somewhere

Since this thread I've looked at photos of Lia standing with some other female swimmers. I'm a little shocked at the physical difference ~ height and how broad her shoulders are! I'd be cheesed off if I was competing against her, in my opinion she has a clear advantage.

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

"Discrimination x

It really isn't."

ashford

"Discrimination x

It really isn't."

We was asked for opinions I gave mine! Simples!

By *weet LisaTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Crawley

Good decision.

Bristol

"Discrimination x

It really isn't.

We was asked for opinions I gave mine! Simples! "

An opnion to which I responded. Simples x

As a competitive swimmer Lia went from being ranked ~ 550th as a male to smashing female records.

So a mediocre competitive male, on HRT can still become a national champion competing as a female.

I hope Lia's records are removed to allow genetic females to break the previous ones.

By *reggSausageMan 14 weeks ago

derby

All top level athletes are not genetic freaks, they are blessed with the discipline to show up every day, maybe every day as a child they were forced somewhat but the my are the result of effort and mentality, don’t believe me? Watch the beckham documentary, his dad used to make him practice relentlessly, the Williams sisters, same again, top level sports isn’t about genetics it’s about the desire.

Changing your gender from male to female will allow you to absolutely trounce the female opponents because of the strength and power developed in bones muscle tissue etc, this is well documented, Serena Williams herself has stated she would get annihilated by anyone in the top 100 male tennis players in the world because of the speed and power a male is able to generate when compared to a female.

The fact that a male swimmer has decided to change genders and is allowed to compete as a female whilst having gone through male puberty shows just how far wrong we are, lia Thomas now holds records that genetic females will never be able to reach because she is effectively still a physiological male, regardless of what blockers or hormones. The human body doesn’t unlearn stuff, the mind can do a lot of things but asking a body to evolve in less than a decade when it takes generations of fine tuning to make even a small change is absolutely madness.

From a distance it looks like Lia Thomas got tired of getting beaten as a male and is deluded enough to think that society will allow it as feelings are more important than science, Lia Thomas should not be allowed to compete in Female classification sports, it’s dead simple

It's not discrimination it's common sense.

ashford

"Discrimination x

It really isn't.

We was asked for opinions I gave mine! Simples!

An opnion to which I responded. Simples x"

Cool all is good in the hood!!

By *ackformore100Man 14 weeks ago

Tin town

"Lia Thomas the American swimmer who won a college title will not be selected for the Olympics because of going through male puberty. Is this discrimination or a victory for common sense ? It's all over the news"

They were never going to be selected anyway. It's a non story tom

By *os19Man 14 weeks ago

Edmonton

I think it is the correct decision.It will be interesting what snooker will make of Jamie Hunter only one player has come out against her but as snooker especially women’s snooker is not the most popular sport probably a non starter story.

By *AJMLKTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Burley

There's no need for the "cis" - just "woman" is fine. Most of us know what a woman is

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 14 weeks ago

chichester

I mean at least in darts it doesnt matter as its not really a taxing sport in that sense ..

as a trans woman on hormones of some 14 years ..I still crush my female friends in some messing around games with explosive power even with my hugely reduced muscle mass/ minimal testosterone .. though couple of them absolutely battered me with wrestling as they were so much bigger built lower body ..

I am pretty skinny and at the gym I goto I goof around with some of the muscle bellends and even they are shocked at how much sheer power my frame generates vs them . we did some mess about sparring and sent 2 of them flying on their asses with kickings and throws .

so for me I find what I may lack in stamina to sustain for long vs males I am able to makeup with explosive force generation ... I think this could totally translate to some sports not all though it would be relevant for sure ..

Its such a new thing having trans people openly out in comepeteive sports and we are just not there yet with how best to incorporate some fairness .. making a trans only league is moot currently as there is so few trans people even capable for competing ..plus with the current era of anti trans rhetoric in the global media that we are all demons/dangers etc there really isnt a stomach for it currently to be watched, so no money to be made for advertisers ..

My view is perhaps they should have some sports to have open categories and maybe implement inbuilt penalties to balance out some of of somewhat ... women can then compete in female only events but also opt to compete with trans women/men if so wish , (which we know quite a good few are vocal about being cool with )

Its. tough one as it seems impossible to have a sensible debate about going forward without it ultimately turning into trans women are mentally deluded / perverts ... and cockfags like JK Rowling certainly dont help the situation inciting aggression

Reading

"Can you show me proof that she does indeed have much of an advantage over cis women?

There's no need for the "cis" - just "woman" is fine. Most of us know what a woman is "

There is every need as that is at the heart of the debate. Otherwise I could have just gone with human as most of us know what a human is.

By * and R cple4Couple 14 weeks ago

swansea

Check out the pictures of her standing next to the women she's competing against then check out her rankings as a male compared to when she competed as a female... It's their in black and white it's really not rocket science..

Middle Land

"It is discrimination.

It is also good sense.

Can't be discrimination, womens sport is for women. Not letting a man enter can't be discrimination as not a woman.

It's truly that simple."

Discrimination also means to differentiate. Truly simple

Middle Land

Her achievements as a man vs as a woman have already done that.

Middle Land

"I mean at least in darts it doesnt matter as its not really a taxing sport in that sense ..

as a trans woman on hormones of some 14 years ..I still crush my female friends in some messing around games with explosive power even with my hugely reduced muscle mass/ minimal testosterone .. though couple of them absolutely battered me with wrestling as they were so much bigger built lower body ..

I am pretty skinny and at the gym I goto I goof around with some of the muscle bellends and even they are shocked at how much sheer power my frame generates vs them . we did some mess about sparring and sent 2 of them flying on their asses with kickings and throws .

so for me I find what I may lack in stamina to sustain for long vs males I am able to makeup with explosive force generation ... I think this could totally translate to some sports not all though it would be relevant for sure ..

Its such a new thing having trans people openly out in comepeteive sports and we are just not there yet with how best to incorporate some fairness .. making a trans only league is moot currently as there is so few trans people even capable for competing ..plus with the current era of anti trans rhetoric in the global media that we are all demons/dangers etc there really isnt a stomach for it currently to be watched, so no money to be made for advertisers ..

My view is perhaps they should have some sports to have open categories and maybe implement inbuilt penalties to balance out some of of somewhat ... women can then compete in female only events but also opt to compete with trans women/men if so wish , (which we know quite a good few are vocal about being cool with )

Its. tough one as it seems impossible to have a sensible debate about going forward without it ultimately turning into trans women are mentally deluded / perverts ... and cockfags like JK Rowling certainly dont help the situation inciting aggression "

Open category is the best solution.

By *AJMLKTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Burley

"Can you show me proof that she does indeed have much of an advantage over cis women?

There's no need for the "cis" - just "woman" is fine. Most of us know what a woman is

There is every need as that is at the heart of the debate. Otherwise I could have just gone with human as most of us know what a human is."

I disagree. The heart of this debate is an individual who identifies as a trans woman who is cheating by trying to take part in a sport's category that should be exclusively for women. Probably the world's most knowledgeable individual on this topic is Caitlyn Jenner. As Bruce Jenner, he won an Olympic gold medal, plus several other medals and awards in non-Olympic competitions. As Caitlyn Jenner, she categorically states that transgendered women should not be taking part in women's sports. I trust her judgement, plus that of nature.

By *ugehandsMan 14 weeks ago

Fife/ Newcastle

Woman have fought long and hard to be recognised in competitive sports. Their events and cooetition should be protected for biological women only.

Best of luck to Thomas to live their best live, but they are not a woman in my opinion.

By *loomsburyMan 14 weeks ago

central london

Showing you proof that you find acceptable isn’t an issue.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple 14 weeks ago

Leeds

So he should, cheating cunt.

The mr

Absolutely the right thing to do

But I predict as usual the minority will shout louder than the rest and they will, like everyone else has to, be forced to apologise and reverse the decision

Trans lives matter

Black Lives Matter

Vegan lives matter

I’ll just get on with my life

"So he should, cheating cunt.

The mr "

Winning

chichester

"Absolutely the right thing to do

But I predict as usual the minority will shout louder than the rest and they will, like everyone else has to, be forced to apologise and reverse the decision

Trans lives matter

Black Lives Matter

Vegan lives matter

I’ll just get on with my life "

sports are not backing down to transgender athletes, they are getting more and more stronger in banning people like me from competing ... read up somewhat first

Can you bake me a cake ?

By *illybeachboyMan 14 weeks ago

Guernsey

Common sense prevails.

"Absolutely the right thing to do

Trans lives matter

Black Lives Matter

Vegan lives matter

I’ll just get on with my life

sports are not backing down to transgender athletes, they are getting more and more stronger in banning people like me from competing ... read up somewhat first "

Read the bottom line of my comment

By *stwo2023Couple 14 weeks ago

Worcester

As a competitive swimmer Lia went from being ranked ~ 550th as a male to smashing female records.

So a mediocre competitive male, on HRT can still become a national champion competing as a female.

I hope Lia's records are removed to allow genetic females to break the previous ones."

What records has she smashed? At the NCAA meet where she won the 500yd event but didn't place in the others, coming 5th and 11th.

28 records were broken at that meet, 18 of them by one girl. None by Thomas.

These may have been some since this event in 2022.....I haven't looked that far yet lol

At the end of her college career she ranked 15th...yea a higher ranking than on the male field perhaps but not that dominating of an improvement. You need to look at field size etc as well. More male swimmers than female at that level?

I'm not saying this devious wrong as there clearly needs to be further discussions research into perceived and real advantages. But She clearly isn't taking the sport by storm.

Evie

By *oveToPlay.Couple 14 weeks ago

Yorkshire

Question

Would a female transition to a male be an accurate opponent in a male dominated boxing ring for example?

"Question

Would a female transition to a male be an accurate opponent in a male dominated boxing ring for example?

"

If he was late coming home from the pub, quite possibly

Worcester

"Question

"

Isn't that different though because of the weight category etc?

Evie

Yorkshire

"Question

Evie"

Let's say both feather weights ?

Worcester

"Question

Evie

Let's say both feather weights ? "

Patricio Manuel has and won his first professional fight in 2018 I believe. Not sure what weight category though.

Evie

belfast

"Question

Evie

Let's say both feather weights ? "

She would get smashed all over the ring. Or he as she would now be. But it would be really unequal.

Worcester

"Question

Evie

She would get smashed all over the ring. Or he as she would now be. But it would be really unequal. "

See above

Evie

belfast

"Question

Evie

She would get smashed all over the ring. Or he as she would now be. But it would be really unequal.

See above

Evie "

A proper male boxer would smash her all over the ring. That's a fact.

Yorkshire

"Question

Evie

Patricio Manuel has and won his first professional fight in 2018 I believe. Not sure what weight category though.

Evie "

That's amazing just googled and what an achievement!

He made himself the same physically as his competitors- little different to the advantage this thread is in regards to the trans person involved is physically at a greater advantage.

By *LiamMan 14 weeks ago

Midlands

How is that even a question. No way can anyone think it's the wrong decision.

If that's the case I'll wack a bra on and play number 9 for the lionesses. Bring the world cup back with the match ball

By *londebiguyMan 14 weeks ago

Southport

It's a wholly fair decision I think.

They have an unfair advantage over other female swimmers regarding muscle development and stamina.

Create another event to compete in if needed.

Southport

"How is that even a question. No way can anyone think it's the wrong decision.

If that's the case I'll wack a bra on and play number 9 for the lionesses. Bring the world cup back with the match ball"

Are you as good as the lionesses?

Yorkshire

If that's the case I'll wack a bra on and play number 9 for the lionesses. Bring the world cup back with the match ball"

Kinda think they are doing a damn fine Job on their own

By *LiamMan 14 weeks ago

Midlands

If that's the case I'll wack a bra on and play number 9 for the lionesses. Bring the world cup back with the match ball

Are you as good as the lionesses?"

easily

Worcester

"Question

Evie

Evie

That's amazing just googled and what an achievement!

He made himself the same physically as his competitors- little different to the advantage this thread is in regards to the trans person involved is physically at a greater advantage.

"

Potentially but they would have been on medication to reduce testosterone levels etc that will have affected muscle mass and the like. It possibly doesn't change or remove some of the benefits they gained while training as a male though ..I don't know, I'm not a Dr. I assume there is testosterone testing in swimming similar to athletics where there has been a big discussion around one athlete who has very high testosterone for a woman and has been accused of being male.

When I used to go to a running club one of the ultra runners, very fit guy and lean all his life, was saying how he got beat on a short run by a guy who had been bigger and lost a lot of weight. He beat him because of the size of his leg muscle built from years of carrying his larger frame and being able to put more power in to a sprint.

Advantages are not just gained by transitioning gender I guess.

Evie

By *LiamMan 14 weeks ago

Midlands

Kinda think they are doing a damn fine Job on their own "

good job I don't own a bra then isn't it

Yorkshire

Kinda think they are doing a damn fine Job on their own good job I don't own a bra then isn't it"

Worcester

Will you take the medication to reduce your testosterone as well?

Arguments like this are childish at best.

Im all for reasoned debates but you don't seem to understand the process of transitioning and the physical effects it has.

Evie

By *LiamMan 14 weeks ago

Midlands

Im all for reasoned debates but you don't seem to understand the process of transitioning and the physical effects it has.

Evie "

just accept it's the right decision

Worcester

Evie just accept it's the right decision "

I never said it was the wrong decision if you read up a bit.

Evie

Definitely a victory for the commonsense the bloke was born a man and should not be all to compete against biological women

By *ty31Man 14 weeks ago

NW London

"Common sense prevails."

Enjoy it while it lasts.

It may be like a British summer!

By *LiamMan 14 weeks ago

Midlands

"Common sense prevails.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

It may be like a British summer!"

I can see it already

'man who identifies as a dog wins 3 events at cruffs'

Kinda think they are doing a damn fine Job on their own "

I’d love to see the England guys play the England girls

Why do you think that’s never happened?

Because they'd be nobody to wash the kits???????

By *hirley147TV/TS 14 weeks ago

Blackpool

Correct decision. It's not fair on biological women. It makes trans people look foolish competing against women. I don't like the term cis either, it's just women. Trans as its own identity and should have a separate category.

Yorkshire

Why do you think that’s never happened?"

Because the guys are scared of the women winning and bringing it home for a second time

Yes the difference in finishing times swimming as a trans-woman vs the fastest cis-woman.

You just have to look at the records for fastest male vs female.

In the interest of competitive fairness it was the right decision.

In terms of inclusion .... well that's a different issue.

By *hetalkingstoveMan 14 weeks ago

London

Evie "

Yep, this topic always brings out the people with the least understanding of it.

If trans women athletes have such an advantage, kinda weird that a grand total of 0 have won an Olympic medal.

Because the guys are scared of the women winning and bringing it home for a second time "

If you like

Yorkshire

Because the guys are scared of the women winning and bringing it home for a second time

If you like "

Worcester

[Removed by poster at 13/06/24 18:55:11]

Worcester

Yes the difference in finishing times swimming as a trans-woman vs the fastest cis-woman.

You just have to look at the records for fastest male vs female.

In the interest of competitive fairness it was the right decision.

In terms of inclusion .... well that's a different issue. "

Would be interesting to see where the current female record holder would rank compared to the make swimmers.

Evie

"

Would be interesting to see where the current female record holder would rank compared to the make swimmers.

Evie "

The 200m freestyle is 11 seconds, 1:42.00 for men, 1:52.98 for women. The 400m freestyle is nearly 17 seconds, 3:40.07 for men, 3:56.46 for women. the 800m freestyle is 32.5 seconds, 7:32.12 for men, 8:04.76 for women.

Those are big differences in elite level sport.

The only swimming events where it is more even or women beat mean is ultra long distance swimming.

By *allipygousMan 14 weeks ago

Leicester

"It's the correct decision. They have disabled Olympics. Why not trans Olympics.

No, not "disabled Olympics". Paralympics. The "para" stands for "parallel".

No. You are thinking of the bars..."

Am I the only one who burst out laughing at this?

By *ostAirmenMan 14 weeks ago

crewe

It’s common sense and the right thing to do .

In weight lifting a male power lifter changed sex and smashed a load of women’s records . Is that fair for the 1000s of women who train 7 days a week definitely not .

By *imi_RougeWoman 14 weeks ago

Portsmouth

Why don't they introduce a separate category?

Worcester

"

Evie

The 200m freestyle is 11 seconds, 1:42.00 for men, 1:52.98 for women. The 400m freestyle is nearly 17 seconds, 3:40.07 for men, 3:56.46 for women. the 800m freestyle is 32.5 seconds, 7:32.12 for men, 8:04.76 for women.

Those are big differences in elite level sport.

The only swimming events where it is more even or women beat mean is ultra long distance swimming. "

So the fastest ever lady in the 50m freestyle would be 17th fastest in a mixed category. Lia Thomas was ranked 15th in the event she won in 2022. Hardly dominating the sport.

Evie

Evie

Yep, this topic always brings out the people with the least understanding of it.

If trans women athletes have such an advantage, kinda weird that a grand total of 0 have won an Olympic medal."

Caster Semenya. True intersex athlete with 5-alpha reductase. Smashed every race. Competed as a female. Has male levels of testosterone and testicles. Has fathered 2 children.

Worcester

Evie

If trans women athletes have such an advantage, kinda weird that a grand total of 0 have won an Olympic medal.

Caster Semenya. True intersex athlete with 5-alpha reductase. Smashed every race. Competed as a female. Has male levels of testosterone and testicles. Has fathered 2 children."

I can't see anything to back that up about 'fathering' 2 children. Do you have a source?

Evie

Evie

Caster Semenya. True intersex athlete with 5-alpha reductase. Smashed every race. Competed as a female. Has male levels of testosterone and testicles. Has fathered 2 children.

I can't see anything to back that up about 'fathering' 2 children. Do you have a source?

Evie "

A 3 second Wikipedia search..

"Semenya married her long-term partner, Violet Raseboya, in December 2015 (traditional ceremony) and January 2017 (civil ceremony).[127][128][129] They have two daughters, one born in 2019 and another in 2022.[130][131]"

Worcester

Evie

Evie

"Semenya married her long-term partner, Violet Raseboya, in December 2015 (traditional ceremony) and January 2017 (civil ceremony).[127][128][129] They have two daughters, one born in 2019 and another in 2022.[130][131]"

"

I did that search. Where does it say semenya 'fathered' them?

Evie

Tin town

Sometimes common sense is needed. Oh but you don't understand... Oh you're ignorant. That works in many paradigms. Women's sports needs to be protected otherwise it becomes meaningless and those who have not gone through puberty as a male will be unfairly disadvantaged. It's not that hard really. If there's are trans athletes looking to compete, fine, have "open" categories. Probably not all sports but there are certain sports where it is very clearly an advantage to have been born male and in some cases such as contact sports, actually dangerous.

Pontefract

"...The only swimming events where it is more even or women beat mean is ultra long distance swimming. "

Strangely there's a similar pattern in running. The differential lessens the longer the race until you reach ultra distance running where it's pretty even...which actually makes sense when you consider our early evolution as persistence hunters. Bit of an issue regarding short distamce run records though due to probable drug taking in both sexes (and the almost certain wind assisted 100m female record).

Evie

Evie

I did that search. Where does it say semenya 'fathered' them?

Evie"

Many articles talking about the couples trials with artificial insemination, my assumption is they used Caster's sperm, as she is reported to have 2 fully functioning testicles, and her reference to her children, although the couple have neither confirmed or denied this. Regardless of this point, Caster went through puberty with male levels of hormones and (mostly) secondary sexual characteristics, and the athletic benefits this brought with it.

Tin town

"...The only swimming events where it is more even or women beat mean is ultra long distance swimming.

Strangely there's a similar pattern in running. The differential lessens the longer the race until you reach ultra distance running where it's pretty even...which actually makes sense when you consider our early evolution as persistence hunters. Bit of an issue regarding short distamce run records though due to probable drug taking in both sexes (and the almost certain wind assisted 100m female record)."

Genuinely confused by that... How many events in swimming have the faster world records held by women? Or athletics?

North West

Caster Semenya is not transgender. She has a difference of sexual development. She has external "female" genital pattern. She has a vagina. However, she does not have a uterus and what appear to be ovaries are actually internalised testes. However, had she not taken up athletics, the nature of those internal gonads might never have been uncovered.

The default pattern in foetuses is the female gender pattern. If a foetus has a Y chromosome, after about 7 weeks gestation, the SRY gene on the Y chromosome kicks in and the internal gonads start to develop a little differently in males; the orifice that exists differentiates into the urethral opening only, and the material that forms the labia in females will fuse and the internal gonads move externally and into the closed pouch, which will become the testes and scrotum. In females, the gonads remain internal and form ovaries and the labia remain. It's worth noting ovaries and testes are structurally very similar.

In Semenya, she has a mutation on her single X chromosome that means she has complete androgen insensitivity syndrome. Basically, the cells of her body do not possess the receptors for testosterone to be effective and so her body does not respond to it as a male with no mutation would and it becomes altered into oestrogen instead. She has "male" levels of circulating testosterone but her body does not act upon it and so it's not clear that she does actually gain any huge advantage by it. She has a typical female external body pattern (phenotype).

She was assigned her sex at birth based on her physical presentation. This is one example of why it's not so straightforward when we talk about biological sex (before we get anywhere near the construct of gender).

I feel very sorry for Caster Semenya. She has been treated appallingly by international athletics bodies and has been "made an example of" by many, but for their own ends.

It's not her fault she was born with a difference of sexual development and it's not her fault that her physical presentation at birth meant she was assigned female sex at birth and brought up accordingly. She does NOT have a penis or any of evidence of her XY genotype externally.

And again, transgender people are not the same as people such as Caster Semenya. Nor does giving anti-androgen drugs produce the same sort of outcome for her as for most transgender people.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_androgen_insensitivity_syndrome

By *rs spicyCouple 14 weeks ago

Chesterfield near centre

To be fair, he hasn't been banned from the Olympics. He could still try to qualify for the men's team. He would have to improve a lot as he was quite poor when competing with the other men.

I wish him all the best though.

North West

"...The only swimming events where it is more even or women beat mean is ultra long distance swimming.

Strangely there's a similar pattern in running. The differential lessens the longer the race until you reach ultra distance running where it's pretty even...which actually makes sense when you consider our early evolution as persistence hunters. Bit of an issue regarding short distamce run records though due to probable drug taking in both sexes (and the almost certain wind assisted 100m female record).

Genuinely confused by that... How many events in swimming have the faster world records held by women? Or athletics? "

Better WR for women than men:

The discus (thanks to the lighter discus for women at 1kg vs 2kg for men).

On the same terms for men and women, women outperform men at elite level in:

Ultrarunning

Endurance outdoor swimming

Free diving

And where there's no particular advantage to be male or female and they can or do compete as equals:

Equestrian events

Archery and shooting (though there are some women outperforming men on those too)

Car driving sports.

Pontefract

"Caster Semenya is not transgender..."

More common than you think. I grew up with a girl with a similar status, she identified as a girl, but really it's not that simple.

There's a few YouTube channels to watch, one by a girl called Blume, who genetically is XY, but has a vagina. Apparently the % of people with some form of sexual anomaly is about the same as people with red hair. Just think how many redheads you know...you know about the same number of people who are not easily classified as male or female, although some of them won't know it.

North West

"Caster Semenya is not transgender...

More common than you think. I grew up with a girl with a similar status, she identified as a girl, but really it's not that simple.

There's a few YouTube channels to watch, one by a girl called Blume, who genetically is XY, but has a vagina. Apparently the % of people with some form of sexual anomaly is about the same as people with red hair. Just think how many redheads you know...you know about the same number of people who are not easily classified as male or female, although some of them won't know it."

Most of us don't know our genotype. I assume I'm XX, but I could have an extra X. I doubt I have a Y chromosome, but it's not impossible.

Pontefract

"...Genuinely confused by that... How many events in swimming have the faster world records held by women? Or athletics? "

I don't think anyone said that the women records were faster, just that the difference reduces as the distance gets longer. In swimming, Lucy Charles-Barclay and Lauren Brandon are faster than all but a very small number of male swimmers over 2.4 miles. In running, we're not really talking athletics as those distances are quite short, but the ultra distances, 100miles+

Worcester

"To be fair, he hasn't been banned from the Olympics. He could still try to qualify for the men's team. He would have to improve a lot as he was quite poor when competing with the other men.

I wish him all the best though. "

So unnecessary and vulgar.

She has transitioned. She took a year out of competing and took body and hormonal altering drugs to be the person she knew she was inside. She hasn't de transitioned.

Regardless of your thoughts on trans people in sport, to deliberately misgender someone as you have done is crass to say the least.

Evie

Pontefract

"...Most of us don't know our genotype. I assume I'm XX, but I could have an extra X. I doubt I have a Y chromosome, but it's not impossible. "

There's also a whole host of other factors. The Y chromosome itself is not what makes you male, its the SRY gene, which sometimes migrates onto another chromosome, usually the X chromosome...but not always.

Next, if umbilical chords get crossed then male developent can get disrupted by being bombarded with oestrogen, not so common in humans, but quite common in other mammals with larger litters.

North West

"...Most of us don't know our genotype. I assume I'm XX, but I could have an extra X. I doubt I have a Y chromosome, but it's not impossible.

There's also a whole host of other factors. The Y chromosome itself is not what makes you male, its the SRY gene, which sometimes migrates onto another chromosome, usually the X chromosome...but not always.

Next, if umbilical chords get crossed then male developent can get disrupted by being bombarded with oestrogen, not so common in humans, but quite common in other mammals with larger litters."

Very true. Though things like SRY translocation, if they happen, most often result in an external male phenotype, but with XX genotype.

There are multitudes of chromosomal differences that can happen and also lots of new or inherited mutations that can impact sexual development.

Only in the west this sickness exists 2 genders end off Male and Female if they die and they dig up the body 100 years from now they will know if it was a man or woman end off!!!!! ffs!!!!!!

North West

"Only in the west this sickness exists 2 genders end off Male and Female if they die and they dig up the body 100 years from now they will know if it was a man or woman end off!!!!! ffs!!!!!!"

Only in the West is where trans people exist? Is that why the Middle East make anti-trans (and others) laws? If there were no trans people there, they wouldn't need a law, right?

There are trans people the world over and some world cultures have terminology for genders other than man and woman. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_gender

To be more accurate, it is the West that generally considers gender to be binary. Other cultures have varying non binary gender categories.

Pontefract

"Only in the west this sickness exists 2 genders end off "

That's just scientifically incorrect, as I pointed out earlier I grew up with a girl (literally next door neighbour) who was intersex. She had breasts but no vagina (a very small penis). I didn't know her long enough to know her genetic make-up, but undoubtedly there was some abnormality. Sickness? I'm not sure where you went to school, but a sickness is something completely different to a genetic abnormality, perhaps it would be advisable for you to look up the definition, honestly I have neither the time or patience to teach you, and I doubt you have the capacity to understand it.

Worcester

"Only in the west this sickness exists 2 genders end off Male and Female if they die and they dig up the body 100 years from now they will know if it was a man or woman end off!!!!! ffs!!!!!!"

Wholly inaccurate. Go look up other cultures and you will find many that have a third gender. Just a teeny tiny bit of education will help you.

Evie

chichester

Here is a can of Copium

The trans debate in sport isn't quite as clearcut as some would like to think it is. There has been research by the Olympic committee to see whether trans women have a physical advantage. The research so far suggests they might even be at a disadvantage. More research is required but its not as clearcut as the armchair physiologists may think.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lindseyedarvin/2024/04/25/transgender-athletes-could-be-at-a-physical-disadvantage-new-research-shows/

Southport

What an absolute load of rubbish.

Trans and indeed ,intersex exist everywhere.

Even in remote tribes and communities it is evident.

It is nature.

You are also confusing biological sex characteristics with gender which are not the same.

Gender is not a biological term.

Intersex existence shows that you are very wrong.

Do a little research.

Tin town

The "science" behind if and how different genders are made up has been done. The nature side. The nurture side not so much. And both not really relevant to this thread which is about fare athletic competition. It is a fact that in many sports men are faster / stronger / higher than women. Otherwise they would all just compete together. It seems unreasonable to expect those with such a physical advantage be permitted to compete with women.

By *wistntwirlCouple 13 weeks ago

Middle Land

"The trans debate in sport isn't quite as clearcut as some would like to think it is. There has been research by the Olympic committee to see whether trans women have a physical advantage. The research so far suggests they might even be at a disadvantage. More research is required but its not as clearcut as the armchair physiologists may think.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lindseyedarvin/2024/04/25/transgender-athletes-could-be-at-a-physical-disadvantage-new-research-shows/"

Research comparing the performance of athletes before and after transition would be more relevant.

By *ackformore100Man 13 weeks ago

Tin town

"The trans debate in sport isn't quite as clearcut as some would like to think it is. There has been research by the Olympic committee to see whether trans women have a physical advantage. The research so far suggests they might even be at a disadvantage. More research is required but its not as clearcut as the armchair physiologists may think.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lindseyedarvin/2024/04/25/transgender-athletes-could-be-at-a-physical-disadvantage-new-research-shows/

Research comparing the performance of athletes before and after transition would be more relevant. "

Sometimes it's not really necessary though. Common sense is enough. And sometimes it us structured to achieve the outcome that is desired.

By *antastic_Mr_Fox_76Man 13 weeks ago

District 13

Victory, applause

Each to their own with the gender stuff and transitioning but women’s sports, areas and rights are for women aka born with XX chromosomes

I await the backlash to “MY OPINION”

By *orbidden eastMan 13 weeks ago

london dodging electric scooters

It’s called common sense

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

"Victory, applause

Each to their own with the gender stuff and transitioning but women’s sports, areas and rights are for women aka born with XX chromosomes

I await the backlash to “MY OPINION” "

No back lash to your opinion as long as you can accept that someone else’s opinion might differ from yours

As I was born intersex. I realise that the transphobes on here. Of which there are many. Don't have a clue what they are on about, as usual. Why are you all so ignorant? Years of listening and believing the media has really not worked out well. If you must have an opinion try not to be offensive. Do some real research. Ignorance levels on this thread are worrying.

By *ister_EMan 13 weeks ago

Hayling Island

Trans athletes competing in professional sports is far to nuanced an issue to be decided by public opinion polling. I think it's right that it be decided on a case by case basis, by an unbiased panel of qualified medical experts. From what I have read, the IOC appears to be correct in this case. But Ihope that it doesn't extend to become a blanket ruling.

By *antastic_Mr_Fox_76Man 13 weeks ago

District 13

"Victory, applause

No back lash to your opinion as long as you can accept that someone else’s opinion might differ from yours "

I accept others opinions differ gladly

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 13 weeks ago

Chelmsford

"Victory, applause

No back lash to your opinion as long as you can accept that someone else’s opinion might differ from yours

I accept others opinions differ gladly "

Opinions differ but only one truth ..

By *AYENCouple 13 weeks ago

Lincolnshire

Us shorties fully accept our height can be disadvantageous in some situations and happy enough to make the best of what we have - we take up bowls

K

"Victory, applause

Opinions differ but only one truth .."

And that’s your opinion, my opinion differs

Chelmsford

"Victory, applause

Opinions differ but only one truth ..

And that’s your opinion, my opinion differs "

Accepted and your opinion is very valid

By *melia DominaTV/TS 13 weeks ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

"I mean at least in darts it doesnt matter as its not really a taxing sport in that sense ..

Its. tough one as it seems impossible to have a sensible debate about going forward without it ultimately turning into trans women are mentally deluded / perverts ... and cockfags like JK Rowling certainly dont help the situation inciting aggression "

The voice of reason. Love all of this. xx

By *etropolitainMan 13 weeks ago

Redworth Co Durham

I’m sorry, but I have to agree with my friend who is trans

if you were born a woman you can compete in women’s athletics

if you were born a man then no you should not be able to compete in any Female sports, I don’t care what anybody says It’s just wrong for a man born a man to take part in any sport as a woman it’s just cheating as I’m concerned now I’ll probably get wrong for saying it but that’s just my opinion

By *ortyairCouple 13 weeks ago

Wallasey

If genetics and biology don't have much of a say in sports then why is there a separation on the basis of sex?

Why not just have open events we're everyone can compete?

I believe it's because if that's the case most female sportswoman would simply not be able to compete with sportsmen.

The years of training and dedication these sportswoman go through would not relieve their just rewards, either on the sports field or financially. It would all be male dominated.

The reason for the separation is that men and woman are different physically. This is a distinct advantage that men have over woman.

I can understand why sportswoman would be reluctant to want to accept transwoman into their arenas, as their birth sex will give them an advantage, no amount of training could 'level up'.

Having different categories is probably the fairest solution. Any 'open' option would just destroy womans sports completely and I think that's totally unfair.

Mrs x

I do understand the sensitivity to this topic for all concerned and I have to say that I honestly don’t know enough about the science behind it to offer a balanced opinion.

I do have to wonder whether it’s possible to take all emotion out of the equation and look at it on the basis that everyone has a different base level of potential ability regardless of their born gender, race, genetic make up etc and that to get to a top level of sport some will have to work harder than others to get there. How do you address that fairly ?

So far for better or worse that’s been done solely on the basis of gender and it’s pretty much worked so far but of course the world is changing on maybe it’s time for people far more intelligent than I to find a more fair way?

All I know is that I want to join in with ParkRun’s and Strava in my acquired gender and whilst I’m not challenging any of the top spots on the women’s tables I’m going to continue doing that. If I ever get towards those tops spots, my conscience will force me to reconsider but no matter what happens I will have worked damn hard to get there.

It’s such a hard thing to discuss rationally without bringing any personal bias into the topic whatever your background (me included) but I’d urge people to think about both sides and try their best to avoid inflammatory statements such as “cheating” or so forth which in my very humble opinion don’t help the advancement of sensible discussion.

Anyway, sorry, just blurting out a rambling stream of consciousness again

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 13 weeks ago

chichester

Its. tough one as it seems impossible to have a sensible debate about going forward without it ultimately turning into trans women are mentally deluded / perverts ... and cockfags like JK Rowling certainly dont help the situation inciting aggression

The voice of reason. Love all of this. xx "

I just apply some common sense and real world experiences .... though until the media / government stop with this all trans people are a danger to children/society.world and we are here to take over women ... then its impossible to have any form of sensible debate from both sides ... you barely see anyone ask actual trans people what they think , its always a non trans person talking for them or some distorted extreme activist they use as the point of it being see we told you so ...

Chelmsford

I just apply some common sense and real world experiences .... though until the media / government stop with this all trans people are a danger to children/society.world and we are here to take over women ... then its impossible to have any form of sensible debate from both sides ... you barely see anyone ask actual trans people what they think , its always a non trans person talking for them or some distorted extreme activist they use as the point of it being see we told you so ...

"

Agreed and well put. Trans as and TV's are just people like all of us and deserve dignity and respect.

It's not all sport. Some sports.

The Dutch have a trans dart layer who, in Toms opinion, is unfairly treated by some. Total equal playing field.

Other sports maybe not so sure.

By *atnip make me purrWoman 13 weeks ago

Reading

If people read the recent news article about the transgender girl playing on a female team then it shows that tg acceptance should be the bigger issue here.

https://apnews.com/article/transgender-girl-sports-florida-be36fe49a6a4457630107aa56c34dc1e

Chelmsford

It's actually not a big issue for the overwhelming majority. Just for some sports and extreme views at both ends of the spectrum. Most people don't know a trans person or probably never met one and if they do they probably don't give a flying monkeys. Many will never meeet a trans peson. We are mostly tolerant. But we have a tiny fraction with a loud voice but most don't want to listen. Just let people live their lives in peace... Alas, biology does not care a jot for man made laws. It only cares for the laws of nature and nature can be cruel and so can sport

By *eard and TattsCouple 13 weeks ago

Cwmbran

And maybe stop forcing the trans issue.

It's honestly quite desperate

Edinburgh (She/Her)

"

Media scaremongering, society feeling threatened, fear of the unknown, political and religious bias. All factor in the lbgtqia+ bashing.

They started with drag culture in to trans individuals, they'll be send kids of to gay conversion centers again if they get there way!!!

Funny enough though, you never here anything about F to M transition, it is always M to F. It's as if that is the main threat!

And it's all based around the fact the the male of species abuses the female of the species.

So a M to F threatens the female of the species, because they started out as male!!

Poppycock to the lot of that!!!

It's an excuse to slow down social change. The thought of Gender flexibly and neutrality scares everyone.

Oh it's unnatural to want to be with anybody not of a different sex cause the bible says so..... bullshit... blah blah...

By *amantha_JadeWoman 13 weeks ago

Newcastle

The right decision in my opinion. Lia had significant physical advantages - endurance, power, speed, strength and lung size - from undergoing male puberty. It was unfair for her to be allowed to compete against biological women. There should be open categories available for trans athletes.

Chelmsford

"The right decision in my opinion. Lia had significant physical advantages - endurance, power, speed, strength and lung size - from undergoing male puberty. It was unfair for her to be allowed to compete against biological women. There should be open categories available for trans athletes."

How many trans athletes are there ?.

Newcastle

"The right decision in my opinion. Lia had significant physical advantages - endurance, power, speed, strength and lung size - from undergoing male puberty. It was unfair for her to be allowed to compete against biological women. There should be open categories available for trans athletes.

How many trans athletes are there ?."

I have no idea but also don’t feel it would be fair for trans athletes to be excluded if they can’t compete in either male or female categories. What would Tom suggest?

Tin town

"The right decision in my opinion. Lia had significant physical advantages - endurance, power, speed, strength and lung size - from undergoing male puberty. It was unfair for her to be allowed to compete against biological women. There should be open categories available for trans athletes.

I have no idea but also don’t feel it would be fair for trans athletes to be excluded if they can’t compete in either male or female categories. What would Tom suggest? "

Sometimes life's not fare. It's unreasonable to spoil women's sports.

Newcastle

I have no idea but also don’t feel it would be fair for trans athletes to be excluded if they can’t compete in either male or female categories. What would Tom suggest?

Sometimes life's not fare. It's unreasonable to spoil women's sports. "

I dont think I worded my comment very well. I agree that trans women shouldn’t be allowed to compete in women’s category sports. That’s why I feel there should be open categories.

By *ucy AnneTV/TS 13 weeks ago

Woodstock

"All top level athletes are not genetic freaks, they are blessed with the discipline to show up every day, maybe every day as a child they were forced somewhat but the my are the result of effort and mentality, don’t believe me? Watch the beckham documentary, his dad used to make him practice relentlessly, the Williams sisters, same again, top level sports isn’t about genetics it’s about the desire.

Changing your gender from male to female will allow you to absolutely trounce the female opponents because of the strength and power developed in bones muscle tissue etc, this is well documented, Serena Williams herself has stated she would get annihilated by anyone in the top 100 male tennis players in the world because of the speed and power a male is able to generate when compared to a female.

The fact that a male swimmer has decided to change genders and is allowed to compete as a female whilst having gone through male puberty shows just how far wrong we are, lia Thomas now holds records that genetic females will never be able to reach because she is effectively still a physiological male, regardless of what blockers or hormones. The human body doesn’t unlearn stuff, the mind can do a lot of things but asking a body to evolve in less than a decade when it takes generations of fine tuning to make even a small change is absolutely madness.

From a distance it looks like Lia Thomas got tired of getting beaten as a male and is deluded enough to think that society will allow it as feelings are more important than science, Lia Thomas should not be allowed to compete in Female classification sports, it’s dead simple "

Yes, I agree entirely. It is the right decision without any doubt.

By *929Man 13 weeks ago

newcastle

It may have changed now but the required maximum allowable testosterone levels a make to female trans competing in female sports was many times higher than a natural female would ever have, that combined with the skeletal density and natural muscle/tendon strength developed during puppetry should exclude them from ever competing against biological females. It’s not hate or whatever the term is it’s just common sense

Woodstock

"Correct decision. It's not fair on biological women. It makes trans people look foolish competing against women. I don't like the term cis either, it's just women. Trans as its own identity and should have a separate category. "

Well said; I couldn’t agree more!

Woodstock

"Caster Semenya is not transgender. She has a difference of sexual development. She has external "female" genital pattern. She has a vagina. However, she does not have a uterus and what appear to be ovaries are actually internalised testes. However, had she not taken up athletics, the nature of those internal gonads might never have been uncovered.

The default pattern in foetuses is the female gender pattern. If a foetus has a Y chromosome, after about 7 weeks gestation, the SRY gene on the Y chromosome kicks in and the internal gonads start to develop a little differently in males; the orifice that exists differentiates into the urethral opening only, and the material that forms the labia in females will fuse and the internal gonads move externally and into the closed pouch, which will become the testes and scrotum. In females, the gonads remain internal and form ovaries and the labia remain. It's worth noting ovaries and testes are structurally very similar.

In Semenya, she has a mutation on her single X chromosome that means she has complete androgen insensitivity syndrome. Basically, the cells of her body do not possess the receptors for testosterone to be effective and so her body does not respond to it as a male with no mutation would and it becomes altered into oestrogen instead. She has "male" levels of circulating testosterone but her body does not act upon it and so it's not clear that she does actually gain any huge advantage by it. She has a typical female external body pattern (phenotype).

She was assigned her sex at birth based on her physical presentation. This is one example of why it's not so straightforward when we talk about biological sex (before we get anywhere near the construct of gender).

I feel very sorry for Caster Semenya. She has been treated appallingly by international athletics bodies and has been "made an example of" by many, but for their own ends.

It's not her fault she was born with a difference of sexual development and it's not her fault that her physical presentation at birth meant she was assigned female sex at birth and brought up accordingly. She does NOT have a penis or any of evidence of her XY genotype externally.

And again, transgender people are not the same as people such as Caster Semenya. Nor does giving anti-androgen drugs produce the same sort of outcome for her as for most transgender people.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_androgen_insensitivity_syndrome"

Thank you; a helpful and sensible explanation.

Edinburgh (She/Her)

"Caster Semenya is not transgender. She has a difference of sexual development. She has external "female" genital pattern. She has a vagina. However, she does not have a uterus and what appear to be ovaries are actually internalised testes. However, had she not taken up athletics, the nature of those internal gonads might never have been uncovered.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_androgen_insensitivity_syndrome

Thank you; a helpful and sensible explanation."

Yes thank you. So she was intersex, not trans!!

Explains so much more.

Heart breaking to find out as a woman, she can't compete because, she has technically a birth defeat!!

The right decision made but the conversation now needs to seriously happen as to how we actually do incorporate trans athletes into all forms of sports

By *hav02Man 13 weeks ago

Glasgow/London

Like the toilets, make the sports gender neutral

By *alandNitaCouple 13 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"Like the toilets, make the sports gender neutral "

That just wouldn't work. There is a big difference physically between the potential of the (biological) male & female bodies.

The whole reason that it is a problem is Male - Female Trans ladies have a genetic advantage over those born female. Gender neutral sport would mean an end to ladies in sport, as no women are on the same level as a male professional athletes.

Cal

By *rHotNottsMan 13 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Like the toilets, make the sports gender neutral

That just wouldn't work. There is a big difference physically between the potential of the (biological) male & female bodies.

The whole reason that it is a problem is Male - Female Trans ladies have a genetic advantage over those born female. Gender neutral sport would mean an end to ladies in sport, as no women are on the same level as a male professional athletes.

Cal"

I do park run where children males females and people of all ages compete. The women never win overall but they still record and report best in each category.

Having trans (men) Compete against real biological women is a joke, They are effectively cheating by competing against women.

If you need any evidence how unfair this is ask yourself the last time I saw a trans (woman) competing against men.

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 13 weeks ago

chichester

"And maybe stop forcing the trans issue.

It's honestly quite desperate "

you can thank the media and politicians for that , they are the ones obsessed with trans people it seems with the nonstop barrage of bollocks regarding it all ..

By *8on33Man 13 weeks ago

winfrith

I personally think they should be allowed to dominatrix the sport .

By *8on33Man 13 weeks ago

winfrith

"I personally think they should be allowed to dominatrix the sport ."
dominate sorry

Edinburgh (She/Her)

For those still discussing this as a trans issue.

The athlete in question is intersex. That is a person born with both male and female genetial.

They were brought up as a female with no knowledge of there hidden internal male features.

They are not trans. Which is completely different.

Please re-read some of the extended posts above.

By *aughtybrunette94TV/TS 13 weeks ago

London

It’s the right decision, but the comments ain’t it why can’t people just let and live? Clearly so igronant people on here yet again, just let us be honestly.

Someone called them a “cunt” from previous post nasty couple, why are the mods not looking at this?

Scunthorpe

Cal

I do park run where children males females and people of all ages compete. The women never win overall but they still record and report best in each category.

Having trans (men) Compete against real biological women is a joke, They are effectively cheating by competing against women.

If you need any evidence how unfair this is ask yourself the last time I saw a trans (woman) competing against men. "

Park run isn't a competition, and it's massively different to professional sport

By *DGF20Man 13 weeks ago

Dublin

Not allowing male to compete with women in not discrimination! I am sick of some things they pushing...and no I am not disrespecting anyone...

By *enelope2UWoman 13 weeks ago

Fife

Well deserved win for common sense

Tin town

Cal

If you need any evidence how unfair this is ask yourself the last time I saw a trans (woman) competing against men.

Park run isn't a competition, and it's massively different to professional sport"

True but it doesn't change the point and evidence. In fact it's less of an issue for the rarified atmosphere of elite sport and more of an issue for casual and community sports. That's where we need to be encouraging everyone but especially girls and women to take up and stay in sports. I don't what any solution (s) may be but fucking up womens sports isn't it.

London

[Removed by poster at 21/06/24 21:51:49]

By *unchalMan 13 weeks ago

Dartford

"Lia Thomas the American swimmer who won a college title will not be selected for the Olympics because of going through male puberty. Is this discrimination or a victory for common sense ? It's all over the news"

No discrimination. Common sense. Men cannot become women…ever!

By *unchalMan 13 weeks ago

Dartford

Why is there a need for trans acceptance?

Scunthorpe

Maybe anyone born 6 foot 6 should no longer be allowed to play basketball as its unfair to the shorties.

Why is there a need for trans acceptance?"

For the simple reason that there are people out there that feel the way that they do. Many of those people have literally had their biologically modified (through hormone therapies & surgery).

There is also a need to consider that some people are actually born with both male & female attributes. Current statistics suggest that more than 1% of people born actually fit into the intersex category... ie they do not actually conforn completely to either male of female. When gender isn't easilly defined, parents choose a gender at birth. this chosen gender isn't necessarilly right for the child as they grow.

Intersex covers a wide range of deviations from the binary gender model. Some people have both male & female sexual organs, whilst others might have incomplete versions of both, or even no visible sexual organs. There are also people who have male/female sexual organs, but their chromosones don't match their physical presentation... or even chromosones that don't match either such as XXY or XYY.

Unfortunately, it really isn't as simple as "if it's got a cock it's a bloke".

Cal

Just because we don't understand the thoughts and feelings of others, doesn't mean that we can just pretend that they don't exist, life isn't simply black & white.

Cal

Good it's basically a male no matter how you dress it up any person born a male should not be allowed to participate in a female sport end off

By *azza72Man 13 weeks ago

Leeds

A real shame that as she had worked her bollocks off to make the team

Scunthorpe

"Good it's basically a male no matter how you dress it up any person born a male should not be allowed to participate in a female sport end off "

As various people have pointed out, this athlete was actually born "intersex" so neither male or female.

London

[Removed by poster at 22/06/24 18:09:51]

By *ittlemissmistressKCouple 13 weeks ago

Southampton

"Good it's basically a male no matter how you dress it up any person born a male should not be allowed to participate in a female sport end off "

" it " ?? Wow, rude much ?!

Tin town

"A real shame that as she had worked her bollocks off to make the team "

I see what you did there.

Tin town

For the simple reason that there are people out there that feel the way that they do. Many of those people have literally had their biologically modified (through hormone therapies & surgery).

There is also a need to consider that some people are actually born with both male & female attributes. Current statistics suggest that more than 1% of people born actually fit into the intersex category... ie they do not actually conforn completely to either male of female. When gender isn't easilly defined, parents choose a gender at birth. this chosen gender isn't necessarilly right for the child as they grow.

Intersex covers a wide range of deviations from the binary gender model. Some people have both male & female sexual organs, whilst others might have incomplete versions of both, or even no visible sexual organs. There are also people who have male/female sexual organs, but their chromosones don't match their physical presentation... or even chromosones that don't match either such as XXY or XYY.

Cal

Just because we don't understand the thoughts and feelings of others, doesn't mean that we can just pretend that they don't exist, life isn't simply black & white.

Cal"

Why do you think they these numbers are increasing?

Scunthorpe

Cal

Cal

Why do you think they these numbers are increasing? "

Are they increasing, or just being seen?

Scunthorpe

Cal

Cal

Why do you think they these numbers are increasing? "

For every year I can find data for, the percentage of births identified as intersex hasn't really changed over the last 30 years. Each year presents somewhere between 1% & 2%, the average is around 1.7% over that time.

Tin town

Cal

Cal

Why do you think they these numbers are increasing?

Are they increasing, or just being seen?"

it's not that complicated. If there are more now than 10 20 30 100 years ago... Then they are increasing.

Scunthorpe

As I said in my last post, the data I can find shows a similar percentage each year... so there isn't an increase as such.

What there is, is an increased visibility, understanding and acceptance.

Cal