FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Living by yourself

Living by yourself

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ubandsub OP   Couple 25 weeks ago

Middlesbrough

I love living by myself, my own space is great, but I sure miss someone else making the coffee in the morning

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *stwo2023Couple 25 weeks ago

Worcester

I miss snuggling my butt into him and feeling him wake up

Middlesbrough

That has its benefits, but having a king size bed to myself, now thats lush.

By *CLM87Woman 25 weeks ago

Derbyshire

I miss not having to choose what's for dinner everyday.

Not having someone there for sex every day.

And of course the hugs, love and affection

By (user no longer on site) 25 weeks ago

Love living alone

I don't have to consider what anyone wants other than me.

Living on my own as easy. But it’s definitely quiet and gets a bit lonely. And a hug or cuddle would be nice again.

Middlesbrough

Having to choose what to eat is easy, i have a bag with meal choices in, so i just dip my hand in and pick a meal at random, all my choices so no one to moan about it lol

By *alloSpaceboyMan 25 weeks ago

Carmarthen

Living on one’s own is unjustly expensive.

I love living in my own ... no arguments over whose turn it is to put out the bins, wash up or set the thermostat. I can be as messy as I want or as tidy as I want as it's all mine.

Middlesbrough

Sometimes the silence is deafening, till i hear myself talking to myself, it dosnt help that im out in a truck allday and that can be a lonely job.

You sure are embracing it op.

I cried for the first few weeks, possibly a month moving into my own place. Because the realisation that I was going to be alone for the rest of my life hit hard. It’s heartbreaking sometimes to know that, I really did find it hard to adjust.

It’s easy living on my own, because it’s tidier, I have my free choices and nobody to compromise about anything over. It’s my responsibility and I know things will be done in this house without relying on someone else.

I admire those that are able to live happily.

By *rHotNottsMan 25 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I think ideally I’d like someone to move in for 3-4 nights a week. I need my independence & space but I don’t want to live alone, life is for sharing.

"I think ideally I’d like someone to move in for 3-4 nights a week. I need my independence & space but I don’t want to live alone, life is for sharing. "

The perfect situation would be with someone where we both respect each other’s independence even if we lived together. Been able to feel like you’ve got the space to breathe under the same roof is wonderful.

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 25 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

Love living alone, knowing that I have my space, uncompromised by others.

Those who successfully cohabit, well done.

Do whatever works for you I say.

By *rHotNottsMan 25 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I think ideally I’d like someone to move in for 3-4 nights a week. I need my independence & space but I don’t want to live alone, life is for sharing.

The perfect situation would be with someone where we both respect each other’s independence even if we lived together. Been able to feel like you’ve got the space to breathe under the same roof is wonderful. "

It’s hard when someone is physically present no matter how great it is. I really need to up at 4:30/5 most mornings, swim/gym , work by 7 and barely have time to have a coffee together most days. I often need to take calls I. The evening too. Whenever I have someone staying in the apartment full time it’s an added pressure I don’t need . If they came on Friday and left on Monday I could adjust and it would actually help me get some work life balance

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 25 weeks ago

St Leonards

I'm sure some personality types overlap whereby living together gives them more than living on their own. By which I mean it builds pleasure, rather than just blunts the edge off loneliness.

I'm even more sure that some personality types get so much more pleasure out of living on their own.

Being alone is very different to being lonely.

There are probably even pretty Venn Diagrams somewhere to help illustrate these points.

But, tbh, I'm busy enjoying my own space way too much to go and find those diagrams.

Soz x

(Yes - of course practical concerns play a role, large or small. Kids, economic precarity, older family members being looked after etc)

By *awty_TwoCouple 25 weeks ago

Near Maidstone

"I love living by myself, my own space is great, but I sure miss someone else making the coffee in the morning"

Have you split up?

"I think ideally I’d like someone to move in for 3-4 nights a week. I need my independence & space but I don’t want to live alone, life is for sharing.

The perfect situation would be with someone where we both respect each other’s independence even if we lived together. Been able to feel like you’ve got the space to breathe under the same roof is wonderful.

It’s hard when someone is physically present no matter how great it is. I really need to up at 4:30/5 most mornings, swim/gym , work by 7 and barely have time to have a coffee together most days. I often need to take calls I. The evening too. Whenever I have someone staying in the apartment full time it’s an added pressure I don’t need . If they came on Friday and left on Monday I could adjust and it would actually help me get some work life balance "

A part time partner!!! that’s actually not a bad idea

It’s like the best of both worlds for both of you.

I’m popping that on my T profile

By *im_1878Man 25 weeks ago

Formby

"I miss snuggling my butt into him and feeling him wake up "

This, is one of the few things I miss living alone too

By *reeSpiritElleWoman 25 weeks ago

Miles of beautiful golden sand, Dorset

When my son left home 10 years ago, I decided to downsize to a 1-bed garden flat. It took me months to get used to living alone. But I absolutely love it now. I certainly don't think I could ever cohabit with a romantic partner again. I like having company, but I like it even more when they go home and I can have my bed to myself

By *or-QueeningMan 25 weeks ago

Manchester

I enjoy living on my own most of the time although there are things I miss about living with a partner - basically things like snuggling on the sofa while watching a film for example.

Also, I now have Freddie Mercury's Living On My Own stuck in my head. De-do-der-der, de-do-der-der. I don't have no time for no monkey business.

I don't live alone but I don't live with a partner, that I could never do again. I like having time on my own and I don't want to share my life that way.

"I miss snuggling my butt into him and feeling him wake up

This, is one of the few things I miss living alone too "

I miss having people find the stuff that I’ve lost, keys glasses wallets etc.

By *ot to giggleWoman 25 weeks ago

Coventry

I like not having to.think about someone else.

I cant remember what its like to.live with someone... living together but living apart sound ideal ... sharing a few nights, times fun and laughter.

Guys just want to control everything you do, i cant do that.

And i like havung control of the remote

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS 25 weeks ago

dudley

I love being on my own I couldn’t stand living with someone again, I like to do my own thing nice to shut myself off from the outside world sometimes

By *ellhungvweMan 25 weeks ago

Cheltenham

I like the peace when I get home. Dump my stuff where I want and not have anyone having a go at me. Heaven!

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 25 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

"I miss snuggling my butt into him and feeling him wake up

This, is one of the few things I miss living alone too

I miss having people find the stuff that I’ve lost, keys glasses wallets etc. "

Conversely, I don’t tend to loose stuff because it’s where I left it and not where someone else has picked it up and moved it too, because, ‘ that’s where I thought it should be so I put it there instead’

By *alcon77Man 25 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

You can walk around naked everywhere.

Middlesbrough

"I like not having to.think about someone else.

I cant remember what its like to.live with someone... living together but living apart sound ideal ... sharing a few nights, times fun and laughter.

"

Yeah thats us, we are a couple in every other way but live apart, it works great, no one takes offence if we dont meet up, we talk everyday. I suppose its like dating all over again.

Middlesbrough

"Living on one’s own is unjustly expensive."

Cant disagree with you there.

By *dam1971Man 25 weeks ago

Bedford

Having my own space is nice because I can run to my own schedule.

I do miss talking to someone after their day at work, and the falling asleep / waking up with someone when you want each other like crazy is fantastic

Middlesbrough

No, we are a couple but live apart.

By *att71Man 25 weeks ago

Bristol

It has its adavantages and also had big disadvantages.....sometimes you just need someone to talk to with or cuddle up to....but then I also like being alone and no one near me...i can do as i wish and how I like....wander out of bed naked and round the house etc....

By *alcon77Man 25 weeks ago

under the sun & the moon

"It has its adavantages and also had big disadvantages.....sometimes you just need someone to talk to with or cuddle up to....but then I also like being alone and no one near me...i can do as i wish and how I like....wander out of bed naked and round the house etc.... "

You've just got to be careful when the delivery driver / post person knocks..cos you're in that free/natural state of mind and have some clothes or a towel nearby.

By *ayTVTV/TS 25 weeks ago

North Yorkshire

I'm one of those people who actually enjoy their own company....my space, my rules, my books, my food.

I know it takes a certain kind of mindset, but I've learned to really embrace it

By *melia DominaTV/TS 25 weeks ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

I think it's tough for some. I've never lived alone ever, always had others in the house, whether I was in a relationship or not.

I think I would be quite fine with my own space. Definitely would set it up how I'd wanted to.

I suppose that a benefit.

But the rub is the lack of social human contact. That takes work and time which some don't have or others are not so confident with.

It might be a reason why there are so many single males on FAB. All seeking interaction, but struggle with confidence in approaching others for social interaction.

By *atnip make me purrWoman 25 weeks ago

Reading

I live with family so have someone to talk to but don't have to share my bed with anyone! Pefect compromise. And of course i get the sex from here.

Coventry

"I like not having to.think about someone else.

Yeah thats us, we are a couple in every other way but live apart, it works great, no one takes offence if we dont meet up, we talk everyday. I suppose its like dating all over again.

"

Sounds my perfect worldxxx

Coventry

"It has its adavantages and also had big disadvantages.....sometimes you just need someone to talk to with or cuddle up to....but then I also like being alone and no one near me...i can do as i wish and how I like....wander out of bed naked and round the house etc.... "

Haha i love the naked wandering

By *ickyKlungespeareMan 25 weeks ago

St Leonards

"......It might be a reason why there are so many single males on FAB. All seeking interaction, but struggle with confidence in approaching others for social interaction.

"

I think you've covered a lot, for a large group, with that comment.

There's also the more brutal reality that in an online environment, you can seek comments you find noteworthy, ignore others, interact how you choose and when you choose, with whom you choose, then piss off for a cuppa/wank/music blast etc when you want, and pop back again also when you want.

That's not so easy if you're stuck at a social event for 6 hours with only 3 of the 30 people vaguely interesting enough to give your time to, and the other 27 testing your smiley patience a tad too far.

So there's definitely the sadder side - lonely, un-confident, sometimes broken people needing interaction and getting it here.

It's a genuine need - I'm not critical of it. It's heartbreaking.

And there's also a slightly more dynamic time management side to it.

All sorts of stuff mingled over them both too, of course, coz' life doesn't fit easy boxes.

By *a LunaWoman 25 weeks ago

South

I loved living on my own but I hated it when I had friends round and the house was all lively and they went home and the house was then all quiet.

These days I can only dream of a quiet house.

By *akedMMan 25 weeks ago

Witney

I have not been in a relationship with somebody for decades.Downsized 2 years ago .i do like living on my own being naked when i want ,watch what i want on tv but i do miss somebody to chat to now and again.miss having a cuddle,

By *uri00620Woman 25 weeks ago

Croydon

I enjoy it. Visitors are nice, although I'd still rather go to theirs and I breathe a sigh of relief when they're gone and I get my space back.

I'm all for living on my own and can't imagine wanting to live with anyone else again.

By *orksRockerMan 25 weeks ago

Bradford

"Love living alone

I don't have to consider what anyone wants other than me. "

Think this sums it up quite lovely for me too. However it can get lonely at times but easy to shrug off.

By *udding RoseWoman 25 weeks ago

Somewhere out there

I love living on my own, love it too much nearly!! I'm not lonely but my family thinks otherwise, they think I need people.... I'm lonely when I'm with my family, I feel I don't belong there, we're like chalk and cheese.... I want to go home as soon as I'm in there company....

I have a good girl friend who lives near me, we don't see each other that often as she works weekends and I can be busy during the week days, I don't like to go out every week anyway so suits me!

I love going to the fab socials and go on fab hikes, I go between two different fab hikes, whichever date I'm free basically!! I feel more myself with fab people!! I don't feel lonely when I'm with a bunch of fabbers!!!

Just because people live alone, it doesn't mean we're lonely! It drives me mad that people think that..... I probably love my alone time too much but so what!! I do get out and meet people, just not every weekend!! There's nothing wrong with that!!

By *929Man 25 weeks ago

newcastle

I’ve lived on my own about 2 and a half years now after 15 years of living with someone, (not technically on my own as my 2 sons life here full time and i have joint custody of my daughter but assuming the topic is living without partner)

I do kind of like it at times but being total honest still feel quite sad on some nights (maybe half and half) think it might have been easier if I didn’t still live in the family home.

Sometimes find it a bit overwhelming with working full time which is own business so sometimes takes a lot of time up outside regular work hours and having to do all the housework, shopping as well as all the work left to do to the house, it would be nice to have someone to as well as being company on a night time when the house feels most empty to also share the tasks with there was times when the ex didn’t work at all and when she did work it was only part time so could just focus on running the business and it was paradise now looking back

By *arkus1812Man 25 weeks ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Have lived on my own for over 50 years, I have no plans to change that in the forseeable future.

By *entleman JayMan 25 weeks ago

Wakefield

I love living by myself. I never thought I would.

By *onderWomanWlvWoman 25 weeks ago

Wolverhampton

"I love living by myself, my own space is great, but I sure miss someone else making the coffee in the morning"

My workaround for this is a cheap smart plug...set the coffee machine up the night before...wake up, turn it on via my phone... by the time I'm wandering downstairs, the coffee is waiting for me

By *naswingdressWoman 25 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

Living on my own is brilliant.

» Add a new message to this topic