FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Knife Culture!!!

Knife Culture!!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's getting beyond a joke in this country!!

Tonight we've had 3 youths arrested for possession of knives, 1 lad was only 12 and the knife he was found to be carrying was almost bigger than him

What's the obsession with carrying offensive weapons now??

I never remember it being this bad when I was a teen.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

It is terrible but some see it as some kind of status symbol. It didnt happen when i was growing up but there was plenty of it with adults in the 60's. There was fights when i was growing up but they where what i call normal fights, one on one using fists not one gang jumping on an individual.

It is terrible but some see it as some kind of status symbol. It didnt happen when i was growing up but there was plenty of it with adults in the 60's. There was fights when i was growing up but they where what i call normal fights, one on one using fists not one gang jumping on an individual.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

So many wasted lives.

God bless them x

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Its awful, lots of gangs of youths never go out without some kind of weapon, some even at school.....sad, very sad.

I remember growing up it was more one on one with fists but not carrying huge kitchen knives.

It's just mental.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I remember growing up it was more one on one with fists but not carrying huge kitchen knives.

It's just mental. "

They will use them as well....a family owned business not far from me, closed after 50 years as the youngest son, had his face slashed with a knife, all because the key he had cut in the shop the previous day didnt work, he gave the guy no chance to re cut a new key and slashed his face....37 stitches and scarred for life.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Don't get it either!

By *eal_Dick_TurpinMan  over a year ago

Exeter

"It's getting beyond a joke in this country!!

Tonight we've had 3 youths arrested for possession of knives, 1 lad was only 12 and the knife he was found to be carrying was almost bigger than him

I never remember it being this bad when I was a teen. "

I just looked at your profile.

I'm old enough to be your dad, so I was actually there in those olden idyliic days of which you speak, and I have to tell you something...

... we carried *much* better knives than the kitchenware crap these kids carry today, we carried *proper* knives.

Tell you something else, the generation before me, open razors, flip the blade back over the hand, ram it into your face and twist so the edges of the blade break off deep inside the bone.

the so called "mean streets" of today are a fucking kindergarten, and the headlines of which you speak in horror serve their purpose, which is to keep the sheeple scared, and not noticing what really matters...

By *o-jCouple  over a year ago

Outskirts of Notts

When we were in a city centre bar the thought of a knife was always at the front of your mind when breaking up fights

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When I was a kid we had a sheath knife as part of the scout uniform. Learned it was a tool and used it as such.

Seems to me the more they have been frowned on the more people use them for weapons.

I think the knife crime is the same through the years, just now it is reported a lot more.

I'm old enough to be your dad, so I was actually there in those olden idyliic days of which you speak, and I have to tell you something...

... we carried *much* better knives than the kitchenware crap these kids carry today, we carried *proper* knives.

Tell you something else, the generation before me, open razors, flip the blade back over the hand, ram it into your face and twist so the edges of the blade break off deep inside the bone.

the so called "mean streets" of today are a fucking kindergarten, and the headlines of which you speak in horror serve their purpose, which is to keep the sheeple scared, and not noticing what really matters...

"

I know how bad it can get with having a machete buried in my forehead at 22 but that was working security and the bloke that did it was an escapee from a nut house.

It's dangerous just going for a quiet drink now, look at someone in away they don't like and that's all it takes.

dirtybigbadsgirlville

"I think the knife crime is the same through the years, just now it is reported a lot more."
I think you have a point there.

a lady who is a friend of the family and will be 100 in may used to teach the kray twins and they where taking knives of them when they where 8

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

I know how bad it can get with having a machete buried in my forehead at 22 but that was working security and the bloke that did it was an escapee from a nut house.

It's dangerous just going for a quiet drink now, look at someone in away they don't like and that's all it takes. "

It is a big problem, but does depend on where you live in the country to a certain extent....

"I think the knife crime is the same through the years, just now it is reported a lot more."

I disagree. There is far more cases of crimes involving knives and youths. It was almost unheard of when i was a kid. There was gang culture for sure but rarely weapons used. When i was growing up if you used a weapon to fight then you were a coward.

By *ss2011Man  over a year ago

Leeds/Bradford

Depends where you live these days. Not going to get into the discussion of where and how and why though...

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Sometimes I had a penknife in ma pocket, but when I upgraded to a Swiss Army Knife it was too heavy and kept pulling ma shorts down

Seriously though some people are not right in the head, knife/gun culture is with us and will continue to be for the foreseeable future I'm afraid

As Rusty said fistycuffs in a car park, one on one used to be the order of the day. When you're down you're down, end of

» Add a new message to this topic