FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The new Dr who

The new Dr who

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asterR and slut maya OP   Man 38 weeks ago

Bradford

Was expecting to hate him .after crap Jodie whats her face.and the last tenant episodes been shit.but love him and the new sexy sidekick.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

Definitely better than the chibnall era for sure, such bad writing.

I am hopefully for the next season and think the new doctor and companion have started off well

By *jorkishMan 38 weeks ago

Seaforth

Jolie Whittaker was let down by poor scripts and storyline, great actress

By *ensuallover1000Man 38 weeks ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I’m presently binging on classic Dr Who on iPlayer

By *asterR and slut maya OP   Man 38 weeks ago

Bradford

"Jolie Whittaker was let down by poor scripts and storyline, great actress"

She OK actress but never should have been the woman Dr.

By *ackandviolet96Couple 38 weeks ago

Gateshead

We think Jodie Whittaker gets a bad rep when in reality she is a brilliant actress and was a victim of poor scrips and maybe an over crowed tardis (in my opinion), like every doctors era she had some real gems and some forgettable episodes. We enjoyed the Xmas special and the new doctor but feel abit meh that we have to wait till May for more.

We are both big fans of modern and classic who, also love Big finish too!

By *lynJMan 38 weeks ago

Morden

I just found Jodie Whittaker's interpretation of The Doctor to be really, really irritating.

Not sure if that's the fault of the scripts, direction or actor.

By *aitonelMan 38 weeks ago

Liverpool

Good actress, of which she is, only goes so far. She is not an exceptional actress and was poorly miscast as The Doctor. Bad writing did her no favours of course but her version (acting/personality) would not have worked with any of the Tennant or Smith episodes.

Ncuti is better, much better but I'm still to get that crazy old man in a blue box vibe.

By *olf and RedCouple 38 weeks ago

Nr Cardiff or at Chams Darlaston

Wolf is a massive Dr Who geek, so he’s still deciding what he thinks of the new one. I like him and think he’ll do better than we’ve had for a while. We liked seeing the backdrop of Cardiff in some of the scenes.

Red

By *ools and the brainCouple 38 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Sadly I think the BBC'S wokifacation meant that they cast a woman because she was a woman not because she was the best person for the role.

I'm sure there's plenty of actresses who could have done it better Awkwafina for one,yes she's American but I think she would have been brilliantly quirky and funny.

I shan't be watching Dr who again the Christmas Tennant one completely ruined it.

Dr is escapism you watch it to forget not have view's forced down your throat good intentions or otherwise.

By *inaTitzTV/TS 38 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Better writing and the song during the Christmas one was great fun

By *ondonFunTimesMan 38 weeks ago

west sussex

Dr who has always been cheesey crap. I tried when it rebooted but it’s just bollocks.

By *inacolada3Couple 38 weeks ago

kettering

"Dr who has always been cheesey crap. I tried when it rebooted but it’s just bollocks. "

Cheesey crap with wibbly wobbly sets and great title music with aunt sallys boyfriend, that was in the olden days before the invented colour, loved it.

But the new Dr Who is a bit....... x

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

The worst thing about the new Dr is not the actor, not the companion, not the glitzy House of Mouse money on show in every scene, it's Russell T Davies back and people think he's some writing messiah.

At best RTD is a mediocre writer. During his first stint the best episodes were not written by him, and those he did write were a confusing mess. Better writers shone, people like Mark Gatiss, Rob Shearman, Paul Cornell, Steven Moffat, Chris Chibnall.

And what's with the Murray Goldsmith music drowning all dialogue out again.

By *essaMayWoman 38 weeks ago

Fairytale Wood

Jodie Whittaker did quite well but was let down by different writing which lost the essence of Doctor Who.

If you had young kids Grand kids you may have come across Sarah Jane Adventures (Elizabeth Sladen RIP). Which was I kids spin-off of DR Who, the writing was very much the same. Also they introduced a lot of PC and environmental twist to it, I guess to raise awareness in youngsters - let's put it frankly, most adults don't give a crap. Furthermore Dr Who was originally a kids programme anyway.

The problem is that everyone is trying to be PC and gender neutral. They introduced the idea of a gay doctor when they introduced Capt Jack and in the Torchwood spin-off. Also they started to imply it very strongly with the development of the relationship between Jodie Whittaker and Mandip Gill ( Dr and Yasmin Khan)

We will have to see how the new Dr Who develops - reserve judgment - but you have to remember that first it is a kids program, seconds script writing has so much PC etc.

You only have to watch the new Star Trek, Quantum Leap reboot to see how much things have had to change. Programmes and script have to be judged on todays standards and not on our preconceived standards.

Sci Fi Geek

By *enSiskoMan 38 weeks ago

Cestus 3

Dr Who is Is-Fi, so it should be progressive and invite new ideas and concepts.

Saying that I learn that the Dr is now a part of Disney plus, why promote Disney plus instead of their own iplayer makes no sense, if the Dr goes the way of the other failing Francises it would be a shame.

By *aitonelMan 38 weeks ago

Liverpool

"Jodie Whittaker did quite well but was let down by different writing which lost the essence of Doctor Who.

If you had young kids Grand kids you may have come across Sarah Jane Adventures (Elizabeth Sladen RIP). Which was I kids spin-off of DR Who, the writing was very much the same. Also they introduced a lot of PC and environmental twist to it, I guess to raise awareness in youngsters - let's put it frankly, most adults don't give a crap. Furthermore Dr Who was originally a kids programme anyway.

The problem is that everyone is trying to be PC and gender neutral. They introduced the idea of a gay doctor when they introduced Capt Jack and in the Torchwood spin-off. Also they started to imply it very strongly with the development of the relationship between Jodie Whittaker and Mandip Gill ( Dr and Yasmin Khan)

We will have to see how the new Dr Who develops - reserve judgment - but you have to remember that first it is a kids program, seconds script writing has so much PC etc.

You only have to watch the new Star Trek, Quantum Leap reboot to see how much things have had to change. Programmes and script have to be judged on todays standards and not on our preconceived standards.

Sci Fi Geek "

Family show, not kids. A large chunk of Eccleston, Tennant, Smith, and Capaldi episodes were far too complex for it to simply be just "kids show". I didn't watch much very far in to Whittaker's run so can't comment but the look and vibe of the whole thing seemed to become... Brighter and more colourful.

The signs of a good show, especially a family one is that it doesn't treat any part of its audience stupid. Nor should it actively and intentionally try to alienate them.

By *SCouple81Couple 38 weeks ago

Between Edinburgh and Scottish Borders

Never been a fan of the show but started watching Jodie Whittaker and enjoyed it at first. Had this good feeling and each episode was kind of finished story. It became quite weird in later episodes. Really hoping for new season to be rather like that - each episode as separate adventure with probably some repeating background story.

By *essaMayWoman 38 weeks ago

Fairytale Wood

Agreed whith family show as it became, lot of adults who watched it grew up with Dr Who and adopted, but the central demographic of the audience targeted were 12 year olds not adults.

It was the very clever/edgy script writing, characterisations that engaged with many adults although as said were not originally the intended audience.

» Add a new message to this topic