FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Urban legends

Urban legends

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aith Skynbyrd OP   Woman 38 weeks ago

Somewhere else

When I was a kid in NY there were a few of these.

The kid who ate too much LSD and now thought he was a glass of orange juice. He was my favourite.

The girl who used frozen hot dogs as dildoes seemed to have gone to everyone’s high school.

And that poor boy who finished last and was made to eat the soggy biscuit. Now everyone calls him Jizz.

What are some urban legends from your hometown?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Somewhere else

[Removed by poster at 27/12/23 12:05:10]

By *ndycoinsMan 38 weeks ago

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

Silver Heels.A farmers favourite horse,buried with silver horseshoes.The mother in law of the next farmer was buried on the farm though,but not with silver shoes.

By *att71Man 38 weeks ago

Bristol

"When I was a kid in NY there were a few of these.

The kid who ate too much LSD and now thought he was a glass of orange juice. He was my favourite.

The girl who used frozen hot dogs as dildoes seemed to have gone to everyone’s high school.

And that poor boy who finished last and was made to eat the soggy biscuit. Now everyone calls him Jizz.

"

Soggy biscuit not just a myth over there, it is in the UK as well, along with a freckles version which we shall not go it to lol

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

The kid who swung on his chair at school and cracked his head open

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan 38 weeks ago

Den of Iniquity

50p Lil

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

The lad taking a shortcut across the railway tracks hit and killed by a train(true),was decapitated and his severed head rolled down the embankment,bounced at the bottom,jumped the wall and landed in the shopping bag of his grandmother.

Somewhere else

"Silver Heels.A farmers favourite horse,buried with silver horseshoes.The mother in law of the next farmer was buried on the farm though,but not with silver shoes."

This is wholesome! I like it.

Somewhere else

Soggy biscuit not just a myth over there, it is in the UK as well, along with a freckles version which we shall not go it to lol "

Probably wise

Somewhere else

"50p Lil "

Come again?

By *att71Man 38 weeks ago

Bristol

Soggy biscuit not just a myth over there, it is in the UK as well, along with a freckles version which we shall not go it to lol

Probably wise "

lol yes think you may work it ut anyway lol

Somewhere else

"The lad taking a shortcut across the railway tracks hit and killed by a train(true),was decapitated and his severed head rolled down the embankment,bounced at the bottom,jumped the wall and landed in the shopping bag of his grandmother."

Not as wholesome.

Wicked funny though and quite gross. I give it 5 stars

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

"The lad taking a shortcut across the railway tracks hit and killed by a train(true),was decapitated and his severed head rolled down the embankment,bounced at the bottom,jumped the wall and landed in the shopping bag of his grandmother.

Not as wholesome.

Wicked funny though and quite gross. I give it 5 stars "

It was ridiculous how quick this spread and how many believed it.I sort of knew the lad and that stretch of track,no accident,suicide.

By *ty31Man 38 weeks ago

NW London

From my hometown?

When I was a teenager there was an urban legend about a car that would be driving around at night with the lights off, the oncoming driver who flashed their lights to remind them would be chased and shot at by the gang in the other car.

Yes it was all bullshit.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan 38 weeks ago

Den of Iniquity

"50p Lil

Come again? "

Google it .. A Northampton legend

By *heekyDemandCouple 38 weeks ago

Leicester

People thought Purple Aki was an urban legend, until he was arrested. Turns out truth is stranger than fiction.

Somewhere else

"From my hometown?

When I was a teenager there was an urban legend about a car that would be driving around at night with the lights off, the oncoming driver who flashed their lights to remind them would be chased and shot at by the gang in the other car.

Yes it was all bullshit."

Where did you grow up?

By *ulieAndBeefCouple 38 weeks ago

Manchester-ish

People putting drugs in amongst Halloween sweets...

Not to flash at cars driving at night without headlights in case it's a gang initiation...

Oh and chain emails. I was the person where chain emails came to die.

I love urban legends!

J

The white lady.

There was a tree and a mirror in the school toilets and a song.

I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine this....

By *nterblueMan 38 weeks ago

manchester

"The white lady.

"

There was a white lady that haunted the corridors of my old school. She got around.

Somewhere else

"People putting drugs in amongst Halloween sweets...

Not to flash at cars driving at night without headlights in case it's a gang initiation...

Oh and chain emails. I was the person where chain emails came to die.

I love urban legends!

J"

We had the Halloween one

Everyone knows strangers don’t really give you their good candy

Somewhere else

"The white lady.

"

So we had Bloody Mary. She lived in the mirror and had long nails like talons, if you said her name 3x she’d come out and tear you to shreds… similar?

By *r. Pepper...Man 38 weeks ago

liverpool

"People thought Purple Aki was an urban legend, until he was arrested. Turns out truth is stranger than fiction. "

Tales of purple aki have terrified generations of scouse school kids. No one was ever really sure whether he was real or not until they seen him in real life (before socialmedia). A truly scary character

By *ddie1966Man 38 weeks ago

Paper Town Central, Essex.

Every ship made has a golden rivet in the Hull....

Somewhere else

"People thought Purple Aki was an urban legend, until he was arrested. Turns out truth is stranger than fiction. "

Now I have to Google it

Somewhere else

But truth is ALWAYS stranger than fiction

liverpool

"People thought Purple Aki was an urban legend, until he was arrested. Turns out truth is stranger than fiction.

Now I have to Google it "

He's a real menace haha

By *entlemanrogueMan 38 weeks ago

Motherwell

"The white lady.

"

The white lady roamed the glen where i grew up

By *tanley FunseekerMan 38 weeks ago

stanley

That when Harperley Zoo closed , they simply released all of the animals they could not relocate and as a result there were several big cats roaming around the location countryside.

Also Dudeye the local tramp who will bash tor brains in with an iron bar if you looked at him.

And finally the Grey Lady of Beamish, ghost of a new bride who committed suicide after learning her husband had been killed at Trafalgar

Sonia of Gloucester.

She was a homeless lady who used to frequent the streets of Gloucester City, and when passing the local nick would stick her head in the door and shout 'Bastards!'

She had a tragic end. I liked Sonia.

stanley

Heard a rumour/myth that if you do Faith anally in just the right way she will make you cookies and milkshake.

It’s not all happy endings though, because if she doesn’t enjoy it she will tie you to a chair and make you watch 3 seasons of NY Jets games back to back

Somewhere else

Welcome to my block list.

I think you’re gonna like it…

stanley

"Welcome to my block list.

I think you’re gonna like it…"

Apologies if I offended, was only trying to make light hearted reply

By *apperleymanMan 38 weeks ago

Nottingham

Being ex Navy I was often told (by landlubbers) about these soggy biscuit games that apparently were commonplace on ships at sea, I was never ever invited to any such game and never knew anyone that had been to one.. maybe it was me

Back in the 80’s in Nottingham city centre there was a huge bearded metal head (looked like giant haystacks) who we all called the ‘Axe murderer’ he would sit the square and stare, growl and shout at folk, I was scared shitless of him.

In later years I heard he was in fact a gentle giant who lived with his mum and liked Iron Maiden..

By *ty31Man 38 weeks ago

NW London

"From my hometown?

Yes it was all bullshit.

Where did you grow up? "

The same place I am now! I think we just had a reputation to uphold back in the day

By *ty31Man 38 weeks ago

NW London

"The white lady.

There was a white lady that haunted the corridors of my old school. She got around."

She even got down here too the trollop!

By *zeroMan 38 weeks ago

Glasgow

One I remember was that there was a "killer clown" driving a transit van stealing kids. Basically I think too many kids in my year seen It.

The Gorbals vampire from the 50s. Which led to a bunch of kids getting tooled up to go find it. There's also the Catman of Greenock. A man who roamed the streets of Greenock pretending to be a cat.

By *eordieJeansCouple 38 weeks ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

We had an ugly naked guy like the one from friends but if you threw stones at his windows he’d chase you naked.

By *rHotNottsMan 38 weeks ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Toilet seat Vicky was pretty famous in Rock City in the late 80s early 90s

Somewhere else

"One I remember was that there was a "killer clown" driving a transit van stealing kids. Basically I think too many kids in my year seen It.

The Gorbals vampire from the 50s. Which led to a bunch of kids getting tooled up to go find it. There's also the Catman of Greenock. A man who roamed the streets of Greenock pretending to be a cat."

These are great!

Somewhere else

"Toilet seat Vicky was pretty famous in Rock City in the late 80s early 90s"

I…ve never heard of her… what was that about?

Name’s like something out of Garbage Pail Kids though! (Up Chuck, Revolting Rhonda, etc)

stanley

Surprised nobody has mentioned the Beast of Bodmin, Spring heeled Jack or the Highgate Vampires

By *zeroMan 38 weeks ago

Glasgow

"One I remember was that there was a "killer clown" driving a transit van stealing kids. Basically I think too many kids in my year seen It.

The Gorbals vampire from the 50s. Which led to a bunch of kids getting tooled up to go find it. There's also the Catman of Greenock. A man who roamed the streets of Greenock pretending to be a cat.

These are great!"

There's still a video of the catman on YouTube from many years ago. Wether it's the real deal who knows.

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

Dickies skull(sometimes Dicky's skull),Tunstead Farm,Derbyshire.Real skull,now missing,blamed for all sorts of mishaps and strange phenomenom if it was removed from the window ledge where it rested for a couple of hundred years.

By *inky_couple2020Couple 38 weeks ago

North West

"The white lady.

"

It was Mary Black in our school toilets! Apparently if you said her name whilst spinning around x3, she'd come out and haunt you. There were so many kids too frightened to go to the loo at school because of Mary Black!

North West

There's the one about a cow that got its head stuck in a 5-bar gate and the farmer chopped off the cow's head to free it. Apparently cheaper to kill the cow than break the gate, though people from other locales say it's because people from the area are too thick to understand how to free the cow.

Until the 1960s, there was an annual celebration where a cow's head, stuffed with jellied meaty things, was paraded around. It seems to have retreated into a less tangible thing in more recent times.

By *ixiePoisonWoman 38 weeks ago

Darlington

I always remember the one where a couple are in a car and the radio news says there’s a mad man on the loose.

They break down and the man goes to get petrol, then the woman hears banging on the roof of the car, she gets out and the madman has her husbands head, banging on the roof….

liverpool

"Surprised nobody has mentioned the Beast of Bodmin, Spring heeled Jack or the Highgate Vampires "

Spring heeled jack! Forgot about him. 'Sightings' of him all over the country, especially London and Liverpool

When we were at school there was always this story doing the rounds that this young burglar on the rob breaks into this flat but, as he's filling his bag with swag to fence, he suddenly hears the homeowner's key in the door...

Without any hesitation he makes a run for it and decides to sneak out the open bathroom window. Only thing is he gets stuck halfway out. So he's half in and half out.

Now this particular flat was the residence of a convicted gay rapist, out on parole even. And of course he sees the sight of the hapless young thief bent over the window frame stuck fast.

Well... you can guess the rest...

Various versions of this tale had differing amounts of "mates" the gay rapist invited round to "sample the wares" as it were. And indeed how many hours this thief had to endure.

PS - Talking of other Urban Legends I have still never met anyone in person who forgot to take their wallet/purse to the restaurant and had to do the washing up.

There is a very well known and popularised urban legend from my hometown involving a ‘goat sucker’ It is said this creature that some say is green, others say is gray, some say flies and others are convinced it’s an alien, sucks the blood out of goats and other small animals and just leaves a carcass with two small puncture holes.

By *xciter7169Man 38 weeks ago

The Midlands

"There is a very well known and popularised urban legend from my hometown involving a ‘goat sucker’ It is said this creature that some say is green, others say is gray, some say flies and others are convinced it’s an alien, sucks the blood out of goats and other small animals and just leaves a carcass with two small puncture holes.

"

Thats no urban legend,its ufo's and cattle abduction/mutilation.

By *ames-77Man 38 weeks ago

milton keynes

"There is a very well known and popularised urban legend from my hometown involving a ‘goat sucker’ It is said this creature that some say is green, others say is gray, some say flies and others are convinced it’s an alien, sucks the blood out of goats and other small animals and just leaves a carcass with two small puncture holes.

"

Similar to the cattle in America that have their blood drained and organs removed and no wound

By *red333Man 38 weeks ago

Dorchester

The girl who used frozen hot dogs must have been a tad frustrated

By *he Gentleman 84Man 38 weeks ago

North East

The past the ship yards with every ship built a worker was sacrificed and the body was hidden in concrete or steel this sacrifice is thought to have given the ship a soul to ensure it would never sink!

By *glyBettyTV/TS 38 weeks ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

There was an abandoned house near my old primary school & kids used to say there was a group of homeless people in there who lived off eating snails.

Whenever someone wasn't at school for a while or left to go to a different school, people would speculate that they got killed & eaten by the by the squatters living there.

Another one which I think was quite widespread was that Prince apparently had his lower ribs removed so he could suck his own dick.

By *ncemoreroundthesunCouple 38 weeks ago

A town and place not in the UK

The javelin and the student who ran to collect it with dire consequences for his eye...

The evil dolls under the stage...

The lonely boy, the vacuum cleaner and the trip to A and E..

By *hawn ScottMan 38 weeks ago

london Brixton

The one where everybody seems to know somebody that prosponed their wedding as David Beckham needed the hotel reception room for his mums birthday.

He paid for their wedding and paid off their mortgage.

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

"

El Chupacabras

By *hromosexualsCouple 38 weeks ago

Near Abercynon

Seek out "Gossip Mongers" podcast by that guy, you know, the one with the beard and the suit, can't remember his name.

Newcastle upon Tyne

Not a school one but surely the ultimate urban legend is the man who lives on the m62. I only found out earlier this year that the story isn’t true.

Just remembered one that is an urban legend across all of Latin America with each country having its orb little twist.

It’s called La Llorona. It’s a tale of a man omen crying out for help because she’s lost her children.

Where I come from the legend is set around a bridge near a rainforest where many car crashes occur. Drivers say that they have seen a woman on the side of the road by said bridge. They mention that ignoring her wasn’t enough because she would appear inside the car. Many people think that this is the reason why there are so many accidents on that bridge.

By *stbury DavenportMan 38 weeks ago

Nottingham

"Silver Heels.A farmers favourite horse,buried with silver horseshoes.The mother in law of the next farmer was buried on the farm though,but not with silver shoes."

This sounds very similar to the legend of the Marbury Dunne, also reputedly buried wearing silver horseshoes.

The Marbury Dunne was supposedly an astonishingly fast horse who once ran all the way from London to Marbury in Cheshire. She covered the distance in the hours between sunrise and sunset. Sadly she collapsed and died from the strain of such an incredible feat.

The Marbury Dunne was intended as gift for the lady of Marbury Hall. She was so heartbroken by the loss of her horse that she died of grief soon after. She left instructions that the two of them be buried together.

Her idiot husband had her interred in the churchyard as normal. One day he returned from a journey to find his dead wife waiting for him. She informed him that since he had ignored her wishes, she would now ride her beloved mare forever, and to this day you can sometimes see the Marbury Dunne and her mistress riding through the dusk.

Nottingham

"The lad taking a shortcut across the railway tracks hit and killed by a train(true),was decapitated and his severed head rolled down the embankment,bounced at the bottom,jumped the wall and landed in the shopping bag of his grandmother."

The version of this local to me was a lady leaning out of an old-fashioned sash window, waiting for the return of some loved one, only for the window to descend suddenly and cut off her head. Supposedly it bounced and rolled all the way down the hilly path from the house… except nobody could every agree which of the many, many hilly paths in my town it was.

Nottingham

"There was an abandoned house near my old primary school & kids used to say there was a group of homeless people in there who lived off eating snails.

Whenever someone wasn't at school for a while or left to go to a different school, people would speculate that they got killed & eaten by the by the squatters living there.

Another one which I think was quite widespread was that Prince apparently had his lower ribs removed so he could suck his own dick."

The rib removal story has been around for generations. When I was at school, it was attached to Prince. People older than me said it about David Bowie, and people younger than me said it about Marilyn Manson. I'm sure people even younger than that will say it about some modern celebrity I've never heard of!

Somewhere else

"Just remembered one that is an urban legend across all of Latin America with each country having its orb little twist.

It’s called La Llorona. It’s a tale of a man omen crying out for help because she’s lost her children.

Where I come from the legend is set around a bridge near a rainforest where many car crashes occur. Drivers say that they have seen a woman on the side of the road by said bridge. They mention that ignoring her wasn’t enough because she would appear inside the car. Many people think that this is the reason why there are so many accidents on that bridge."

Supernatural did one of these in the early seasons!

Somewhere else

"Silver Heels.A farmers favourite horse,buried with silver horseshoes.The mother in law of the next farmer was buried on the farm though,but not with silver shoes.

This sounds very similar to the legend of the Marbury Dunne, also reputedly buried wearing silver horseshoes.

The Marbury Dunne was supposedly an astonishingly fast horse who once ran all the way from London to Marbury in Cheshire. She covered the distance in the hours between sunrise and sunset. Sadly she collapsed and died from the strain of such an incredible feat.

The Marbury Dunne was intended as gift for the lady of Marbury Hall. She was so heartbroken by the loss of her horse that she died of grief soon after. She left instructions that the two of them be buried together.

Her idiot husband had her interred in the churchyard as normal. One day he returned from a journey to find his dead wife waiting for him. She informed him that since he had ignored her wishes, she would now ride her beloved mare forever, and to this day you can sometimes see the Marbury Dunne and her mistress riding through the dusk.

"

That should be a fragrance advert.

By *og-ManMan 38 weeks ago

somewhere

Marc Almond was rushed to hospital un-conscious once and a gallon of jizz was pumped from his stomach was a story doing the rounds in the 80's in Ireland

By *yzykMan 38 weeks ago

Stirlingshire

Rod Stewart back in my Dad's day, given a 90's update with Alanis Morissette

By *alandNitaCouple 38 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

"The kid who swung on his chair at school and cracked his head open"

This has happened at the school that I work at, twice in the time I've worked there... not "split open" but concussion.

Cal

North West

"There was an abandoned house near my old primary school & kids used to say there was a group of homeless people in there who lived off eating snails.

Another one which I think was quite widespread was that Prince apparently had his lower ribs removed so he could suck his own dick.

The rib removal story has been around for generations. When I was at school, it was attached to Prince. People older than me said it about David Bowie, and people younger than me said it about Marilyn Manson. I'm sure people even younger than that will say it about some modern celebrity I've never heard of! "

Cher had ribs removed*! But not for autofellatio purposes

*Yes, I know it's an urban myth only

North West

"Not a school one but surely the ultimate urban legend is the man who lives on the m62. I only found out earlier this year that the story isn’t true.

"

There's a man living in the farm that's in the middle of the two carriageways, at the bit going over Saddleworth Moor. It's called Stott Hall Farm and a man definitely lives there! The rumour about why it's like that is the untrue bit - it's like that due to the geology.

By *oofy321Man 38 weeks ago

moon base zero

Marc almond had 8 pints of horses cum pumped out of his stomach

I think the celebrity changes where you are in the country

By *ob Carpe DiemMan 38 weeks ago

Torquay

Bob Holness playing sax on Baker Street was a good one, lasted for ages. Of course the great thing is he was the second actor to play James Bond in a radio play

Whaley Bridge,Nr Buxton,

"Silver Heels.A farmers favourite horse,buried with silver horseshoes.The mother in law of the next farmer was buried on the farm though,but not with silver shoes.

"

I seem to remember the Marbury Dunne from somewhere.The farm of silver heels is a 5 minute drive from me.My great grandmother was housekeeper there(it's actually a small provincial hall) for a later farmer,I did pest control on there for several farmers later.The story carried on through the generations,even the local vets who had the account for decades.The horse burial was real,the silver horseshoes a myth.George lV stayed for one night returning to London from Lyme Park.

By *oJo pornstarMan 38 weeks ago

Liverpool

"Marc almond had 8 pints of horses cum pumped out of his stomach

I think the celebrity changes where you are in the country "

it was Shergar's and worth £2 million a pint, Gerry Adams sold it to him

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Not a school one but surely the ultimate urban legend is the man who lives on the m62. I only found out earlier this year that the story isn’t true.

There's a man living in the farm that's in the middle of the two carriageways, at the bit going over Saddleworth Moor. It's called Stott Hall Farm and a man definitely lives there! The rumour about why it's like that is the untrue bit - it's like that due to the geology. "

Yeah the rumour was he refused to move when they were building the road. I seen a thread on Twitter a while back about it and I realised my whole life had been a lie.

By *eavenNhellCouple 38 weeks ago

carrbrook stalybridge

There's a man living in the farm that's in the middle of the two carriageways, at the bit going over Saddleworth Moor. It's called Stott Hall Farm and a man definitely lives there! The rumour about why it's like that is the untrue bit - it's like that due to the geology.

Yeah the rumour was he refused to move when they were building the road. I seen a thread on Twitter a while back about it and I realised my whole life had been a lie."

there is a small amount of truth in that a farmer further along the valley refused to move out as he thought his compensation offer was to low had to be evicted after a long protest .

By *enSiskoMan 38 weeks ago

Cestus 3

Candyman,

Candyman,

Candyman,

Candyman

you can say the last one.

By *enSiskoMan 38 weeks ago

Cestus 3

We have all heard the one of the couple driving through (add your local wood) only to run out of petrol, so the guy goes for petrol.

The lady left alone hears banging on the roof of the car.

The police turn up and tell the girl in the car to get out and not look back you know the rest.

If you do not she looks back to see a man banging her fellas heard on the roof of the car.

The Bristol Zoo car park attendant who allegedly collected parking fees for years before simply disappearing. The Zoo asked the Council what happened to him, and the Council thought the car park was run by the Zoo. Legend has it the attendant retired to some exotic island with his takings collected over the years. Genius!

By *ost SockMan 38 weeks ago

West Wales and Cardiff

Seeing as we’re broadening it out from your hometown, I’m shamelessly going relate my favourite urban legend again (I told it here not long ago - sorry to be repetitious)!

Apparently, if you listen to the audio of the firat moon landings, at one point in them, Neil Armstrong says, out of nowhere, “Good luck Mr Gorsky”.

For many years, people wondered it referred to, and the famously taciturn Armstrong certainly wasn’t saying.

Eventually, it emerged that when Armstrong was growing up, he lived next door to a couple who were constantly arguing. One day, he was in the garden and a particularly nasty row culminated with wife uttering the immortal words:

“The day you get another blow job from me is the day the boy Armstrong next door walks on the moon”.

The couple: Mr and Mrs Gorsky .

Sadly, it’s apocrychal I believe .

90’s indie-landfill band (though Louise Wener is gorgeous!) Sleeper had a song of that name.

Somewhere else

"Seeing as we’re broadening it out from your hometown, I’m shamelessly going relate my favourite urban legend again (I told it here not long ago - sorry to be repetitious)!

Apparently, if you listen to the audio of the firat moon landings, at one point in them, Neil Armstrong says, out of nowhere, “Good luck Mr Gorsky”.

For many years, people wondered it referred to, and the famously taciturn Armstrong certainly wasn’t saying.

Eventually, it emerged that when Armstrong was growing up, he lived next door to a couple who were constantly arguing. One day, he was in the garden and a particularly nasty row culminated with wife uttering the immortal words:

“The day you get another blow job from me is the day the boy Armstrong next door walks on the moon”.

The couple: Mr and Mrs Gorsky .

Sadly, it’s apocrychal I believe .

90’s indie-landfill band (though Louise Wener is gorgeous!) Sleeper had a song of that name."

I swear soggy biscuit is a staple in all communities

We had that one to where a bunch of lads from school went to one of their houses during lunch and played it.

Looking back now, I'm not sure how they all would of made it to he's house, all do the bizz, consume the offending article, and then make it back in 30 mins. Unless the game started when they left school.

Nottingham

That should be a fragrance advert."

It's a lovely little story, isn't it?

» Add a new message to this topic