FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > who gets the referance

who gets the referance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *asterR and slut maya OP   Man  over a year ago

Bradford

A touch of the hello flokes and what about the workers.

Don't give the answer

Just. Say. Yes

Or No

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

No

Bradford

"No"

I was expecting a lot of no s

But I'm sure they with will be a lot who do know .

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"No

I was expecting a lot of no s

But I'm sure they with will be a lot who do know ."

….yes then?

Bradford

Lol folks ffs dyslexia in action

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Huh?

I think I do.

But avoiding googling it so not 100%

By *ellanbennyCouple  over a year ago

cambs

No

By *imbo59seMan  over a year ago

North Norfolk

Apologies, Spelling Police here..... referEnce!

I'm going, don't worry

By *lay 4 your plessureMan  over a year ago

Wigan

" flokes "

That's easy for you to say!

Yes

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

No

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

No

Bradford

" flokes

That's easy for you to say!

Yes"

Yes its easy for me to type but for the life of me at the time couldnt work out the right way of typeing it .

No.

Bradford

"Apologies, Spelling Police here..... referEnce!

I'm going, don't worry "

Typical of fucking police where were you when I writing it .

No.

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

[Removed by poster at 26/04/23 20:23:50]

No

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

'What about the workers, indeed, sir.

By *ickD80Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Hello folks

By *aggonerMan  over a year ago

for a penny

Hello Folks I can get.

What about the workers? Predates this character but I can’t remember who’s catchphrase it was. Are you sure they’re from the the same source?

Bradford

"'What about the workers, indeed, sir."

arsenal. (Cough)

Wasn't it Eric Morecombe??

By *ack Flash400Man  over a year ago

The Bat Cave

Yes

But I'd sack the trypist! lol

Bradford

"Wasn't it Eric Morecombe??

"

If course .

for a penny

If course ."

Really? I was thinking Neddy Seagoon for Hello Folks.

I don’t remember Eric Morecombe saying What About the Workers but I bow to your superior knowledge.

Bradford

If course .

I don’t remember Eric Morecombe saying What About the Workers but I bow to your superior knowledge. "

Said it many times but check out Glenda Jackson scetch on you tube should be there .

Bexley

Peter Sellers, in my reference.

Bexley

"Peter Sellers, in my reference."

Party Political Broadcast sketch.

A classic for those born in the right era.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I'm to young for this thread

Bradford

"I'm to young for this thread "

Of course you are play Pinocchio

Wolverhampton

I didn’t have a clue what it was a reference from so I googled it. I don’t get it though, i can’t see what the joke is….who are the workers he’s referring to and why is he asking about them??

Bradford

Its time sign of the times then It was regrance to all the people going on strike .but also used when talking about who built the pyramid's.

Wolverhampton

"Its time sign of the times then It was regrance to all the people going on strike .but also used when talking about who built the pyramid's."

I still don’t get it, maybe I need to see him saying it in context….why would anyone know that he’s referring to people on strike or (even more bizarrely) the people who built the pyramids when he says ‘workers’? Plus, I’m no historian but I’d say the people who built the pyramids were probably sla(unpaid workers)ves rather than workers…

"Its time sign of the times then It was regrance to all the people going on strike .but also used when talking about who built the pyramid's.

I still don’t get it, maybe I need to see him saying it in context….why would anyone know that he’s referring to people on strike or (even more bizarrely) the people who built the pyramids when he says ‘workers’? Plus, I’m no historian but I’d say the people who built the pyramids were probably sla(unpaid workers)ves rather than workers…"

Jesus, Fella.

He said it 50 plus years ago. Back then people got the reference.

And im sure he and others were more than aware of the status of the people who built the pyramids. But its a joke.

for a penny

If course .

I don’t remember Eric Morecombe saying What About the Workers but I bow to your superior knowledge.

Said it many times but check out Glenda Jackson scetch on you tube should be there ."

YEP! Got it now.

Bradford

"Its time sign of the times then It was regrance to all the people going on strike .but also used when talking about who built the pyramid's.

I still don’t get it, maybe I need to see him saying it in context….why would anyone know that he’s referring to people on strike or (even more bizarrely) the people who built the pyramids when he says ‘workers’? Plus, I’m no historian but I’d say the people who built the pyramids were probably sla(unpaid workers)ves rather than workers…"

Fair do It was years ago. but classic comedy .and with all the strikes now relevant today . it was a yes or no question those that knew understood .

I still don’t get it, maybe I need to see him saying it in context….why would anyone know that he’s referring to people on strike or (even more bizarrely) the people who built the pyramids when he says ‘workers’? Plus, I’m no historian but I’d say the people who built the pyramids were probably sla(unpaid workers)ves rather than workers…

Fair do It was years ago. but classic comedy .and with all the strikes now relevant today . it was a yes or no question those that knew understood ."

Op. Your thread actually made me smile. And brought back happy memories.

As a result, i may start going up to my sons, putting an open hand under their chin, and saying, "Get out of that".

By *avinaTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

Yeah, the "Hello folks" had me thinking of Neddy Seagoon as well.

Wolverhampton

Jesus, Fella.

And im sure he and others were more than aware of the status of the people who built the pyramids. But its a joke.

"

I’m just saying that i can’t see what the joke is, maybe I’m missing something but from what I’ve read it seems like he’s basically saying ‘hello everyone, what do you think about the workers being on strike (workers who built the pyramids)’ and I don’t see why that’s funny…..I don’t see why it would have been funny 50 years ago either….

I’m not being aggressive or argumentative, I’m genuinely asking for someone to explain to me why it’s funny and what it is that I’m missing.

for a penny

Jesus, Fella.

I’m just saying that i can’t see what the joke is, maybe I’m missing something but from what I’ve read it seems like he’s basically saying ‘hello everyone, what do you think about the workers being on strike (workers who built the pyramids)’ and I don’t see why that’s funny…..I don’t see why it would have been funny 50 years ago either….

I’m not being aggressive or argumentative, I’m genuinely asking for someone to explain to me why it’s funny and what it is that I’m missing. "

It’s the nature of catchphrases. They don’t necessarily make sense or have to be funny.

Like Larry Grayson’s “shut that door”. Or George Formby’s “turned out nice again”.

For some reason people just respond to them.

Wolverhampton

Jesus, Fella.

I’m not being aggressive or argumentative, I’m genuinely asking for someone to explain to me why it’s funny and what it is that I’m missing.

It’s the nature of catchphrases. They don’t necessarily make sense or have to be funny.

Like Larry Grayson’s “shut that door”. Or George Formby’s “turned out nice again”.

For some reason people just respond to them. "

I agree, they don’t make any sense and they don’t have any meaning, that’s the beauty of them, but in this case he’s apparently specifically referring to the striking workers (or the workers who built the pyramids) so it has meaning but the meaning isn’t funny…which is what I don’t get. Like, ‘turned out nice again in Wolverhampton’ or ‘shut that bathroom door’ don’t work because they’re referring to something specific. Brucey wouldn’t have got where he did if his catchphrase was ‘Nice to see the gentleman wearing the navy jumper, to see the gentleman wearing the navy jumper nice’ because it’s too specific to work as a catchphrase.

Bradford

"Hello folks "

The hello folks was a smutty inuenfo by Eric . but used it in combination with what about the workers in the Glenda Jackson programme .he was also I director of Luton football club hence his refrance to them in a number of shows .

"Hello folks

The hello folks was a smutty inuenfo by Eric . but used it in combination with what about the workers in the Glenda Jackson programme .he was also I director of Luton football club hence his refrance to them in a number of shows ."

.....and one of his other catchphrases was used often too.

If Luton were playing away from home and losing, and Eric had been seen in the Directors box, at half-time the home fans would shout "What do you think of the show so far? RUBBISH!"

» Add a new message to this topic