FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > So… the Clique

So… the Clique

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ull English with tea OP   Man  over a year ago

London

I’ve seen this mentioned a lot on The Lounge since I’ve been posting here (actually quite a lot in the last few days).

What actually is this? A group of posters who are all in some secret WhatsApp / Telegram group?

Or is it just a reference to regular posters that interact with each other here more than others?

Or is it just a harmless in joke?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"I’ve seen this mentioned a lot on The Lounge since I’ve been posting here (actually quite a lot in the last few days).

What actually is this? A group of posters who are all in some secret WhatsApp / Telegram group?

Or is it just a reference to regular posters that interact with each other here more than others?

Or is it just a harmless in joke? "

I'd say you know exactly what it is

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

It's surely just a joke, I've never seen anything I would class as a clique in the lounge.

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

It's a word that is never used in a positive way.

And ask 50 random forum users who is in this alleged clique, you'll likely not get the same answers from them all.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Heard a rumour it's HBK, HHH, X-pac,Diesel and Razor sometimes Chyna, Rick Flair and Rick Rude

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

There are, as in any group, a core of popular contributors who can be assured of a positive response from others. Whether this constitutes a clique or just a group of friends talking depends on your view point.

It does have the effect intentional or not of excluding other people

The first rule of the clique is that you do not mention the clique.

BTW, there are different levels of clique, the diamond clique members are quite secretive, but honestly, just don't ever ask about the platinum members - they are brutal and we might never hear from you again.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"I’ve seen this mentioned a lot on The Lounge since I’ve been posting here (actually quite a lot in the last few days).

Or is it just a harmless in joke? "

Would it be controversial to say all of the above?

But in all seriousness I think the perception of a clique is inevitable on any forum and I personally don't see that as something worth worrying about.

I think there is a tendancy to scream "yeah but the clique" as a defensive reaction by some posters on here.

Personally I find when the forum reacts like a pack and jump on someone's post far more disturbing

Forum Mod

East Sussex

But in all seriousness I think the perception of a clique is inevitable on any forum and I personally don't see that as something worth worrying about.

I think there is a tendancy to scream "yeah but the clique" as a defensive reaction by some posters on here.

Personally I find when the forum reacts like a pack and jump on someone's post far more disturbing"

Me too. It's an interesting phenomenon though, the tone of a thread can often be governed by the initial response.

Personally I find when the forum reacts like a pack and jump on someone's post far more disturbing

Me too. It's an interesting phenomenon though, the tone of a thread can often be governed by the initial response. "

Oooh. That's just what I was thinking. People like a bandwagon!

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Me too. It's an interesting phenomenon though, the tone of a thread can often be governed by the initial response.

"

The desire to fit in with the crowd is strong

Firstly, this is surely a bait thread.

Secondly, the Clique in the forums are a bunch of profiles that always seem to 1) enjoy support and approval from others, 2) have their entourage of regular supporters whom you'll never fail to see appear on any thread they are active on to voice their approval or support, 3) act like self appointed gatekeepers or paragons of what Fab users should be like from their moral high horses, and 4) be at least publicly blind (whether feigned or otherwise) to the fact that they are members of a clique in the forums because they're the main benefactors of such a dynamic.

My views are my own and only valid to me. If people agree? Great. If they don't that's their prerogative.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"Firstly, this is surely a bait thread.

Secondly, the Clique in the forums are a bunch of profiles that always seem to 1) enjoy support and approval from others, 2) have their entourage of regular supporters whom you'll never fail to see appear on any thread they are active on to voice their approval or support, 3) act like self appointed gatekeepers or paragons of what Fab users should be like from their moral high horses, and 4) be at least publicly blind (whether feigned or otherwise) to the fact that they are members of a clique in the forums because they're the main benefactors of such a dynamic.

My views are my own and only valid to me. If people agree? Great. If they don't that's their prerogative.

"

A bait for what?

A bait for what?"

Another forum conflict thread and possibly forum bans too.

London

"Firstly, this is surely a bait

A bait for what?"

Maybe it’s Clique bait?

By *avinaTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

"

I disagree! And I'm sure my fab supporters to come and back me up on that!

...supporters? Anyone?

[Crickets]

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

Every joke has a small amount of truth to it but in the grand scheme, they’re good people

East London

There are people who have similar interests; personalities; views etc who chat regularly, who are friendly towards each other, who may or may not have met in person, who interact more frequently on threads.

Other people who want to be one of those people put them in a group and call them cliques,because they feel they won't be one of them, and are maybe feeling left out or ganged up on.

Cliques are natural, they occur in all social gatherings ... but they are only noticed by those who feel excluded

Go to any pub or sports club etc and groups of people who know each other will talk to each other to (seemingly) the exclusion of others

Online this is exacerbated by the simple fact that we can't walk up and join in, we can't read body language and we can't speak to individuals when they leave the clique to be introduced to the clique

East London

"Firstly, this is surely a bait

A bait for what?

Maybe it’s Clique bait? "

And here we are

Just because you’re paranoid doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you

By *oofy321Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

For me,its a few people who tend to derail threads with a conversation between themselves which normally has nothing to do with the actual thread,I guess this puts people off from posting because it comes across as a closed club

A bait for what?

Another forum conflict thread and possibly forum bans too. "

Considering the way the OP posts generally and his sarcasm and joke responses. He is one of the last people I would expect to do that.

And I realise now that by sticking up for him I now look like I'm his clique.

The irony.

But in fairness you've made it virtually impossible for anyone genuine to appear like they are not part of a clique now if they genuinely support others.

Did I take your bait?

I know most will.

By * Le ShhhhhMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Cliques are natural, they occur in all social gatherings ... but they are only noticed by those who feel excluded

Go to any pub or sports club etc and groups of people who know each other will talk to each other to (seemingly) the exclusion of others

Online this is exacerbated by the simple fact that we can't walk up and join in, we can't read body language and we can't speak to individuals when they leave the clique to be introduced to the clique "

In the forums you can join in a thread. If you're noticeably overlooked (often after saying something that another contributor later says) you're going to feel excluded with some justification. Of course there are people who don't like each other and won't respond and those who deliberately only engage with the ones they find attractive, it reflects as you say any social situation nobody is required to talk to everyone. However denying it and dismissing the feelings of people who do feel excluded isn't right in my opinion

I think pecking order was the best term used for it and most of it is self appointed. A lot of the time people who feel a certain way are shot down like it doesn't exist but everyone knows it does. It's usually the ones that shout the loudest that it doesnt are the biggest culprits too.

East London

A bait for what?

Another forum conflict thread and possibly forum bans too. "

For asking questions?

"Cliques are natural, they occur in all social gatherings ... but they are only noticed by those who feel excluded

Online this is exacerbated by the simple fact that we can't walk up and join in, we can't read body language and we can't speak to individuals when they leave the clique to be introduced to the clique

In the forums you can join in a thread. If you're noticeably overlooked (often after saying something that another contributor later says) you're going to feel excluded with some justification. Of course there are people who don't like each other and won't respond and those who deliberately only engage with the ones they find attractive, it reflects as you say any social situation nobody is required to talk to everyone. However denying it and dismissing the feelings of people who do feel excluded isn't right in my opinion "

It's not right but cliques will always happen when people know each other ... feeling and being dismissed is awful online but the generally dismissed group (my clique ) can't put it right unfortunately

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"There are, as in any group, a core of popular contributors who can be assured of a positive response from others. Whether this constitutes a clique or just a group of friends talking depends on your view point.

It does have the effect intentional or not of excluding other people "

I'd agree with the definition but not the last bit.

It may seem that some are excluded, but as with all things on Fab, everyone is equal. Anyone can post on a thread. Anyone can start one.

To use the age old pub analogy, you'll always find regulars that chat and know eachother. It can be hard to arrive as a new visitor and over time be viewed as 'a regular but that's something that both sides are responsible for. The 'regulars' need to make sure they're open to welcoming new people but the new people also need to recognise that they're not entitled to suddenly become friends with, form close contacts or have everyone agree with them just because they post. Some people do themselves few favours with the way they interact, whether that's the outspoken and confrontational nature of comments, the language used, the blatant ulterior motives behind comments (be that passive aggressive or fawning sycophancy) or the subject matter they focus on.

But anyone can include themselves. You're only excluded if you allow yourself to be. That doesn't guarantee replies, responses or that people will engage with you of course, but the forums are and have always been open to all.

Looking from the outside you'll always see groups that agree with eachother frequently just because they share similar opinions and values, not because they know eachother. There'll also be people who are in fact real friends, who'll back eachother up because that's what friends do.

There'll also be the vocal contributors who are passionate about arguing their viewpoint (yep, my hand is up here) who may then get others simply giving a thumbs up.

None of the above means there's a clique.

All of the above means some will say there is because its an easy cop out and defence mechanism when others don't respond to comments, compliment them instead of others or agree with what they say.

So whether you think there is a clique or there isn't......you're going to be right in your own mind.

A

East London

In the forums you can join in a thread. If you're noticeably overlooked (often after saying something that another contributor later says) you're going to feel excluded with some justification. Of course there are people who don't like each other and won't respond and those who deliberately only engage with the ones they find attractive, it reflects as you say any social situation nobody is required to talk to everyone. However denying it and dismissing the feelings of people who do feel excluded isn't right in my opinion "

My comments are mostly ignored, as are the majority of comments on any thread, as it's impossible to reply to every comment we read.

I know people read what I've written but I don't expect a reply every time; especially as a lot of the time we're all saying similar things.

I don't really notice who's routinely commenting on specific peoples' posts, because I have a terrible memory and flit from thread to thread.

Maybe, the people feeling left out are focusing on the people they are attracted to and feeling down because they aren't getting anywhere.

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

The forum goes in waves and you get self appointed wannabees who group together and run as a crowd. They usually all fall out with each other at some point in their private whatsapp groups.

I think the forum is actually in one of its quiet clique moments currently - a lot of people have gone UNLOS at the moment which is for the better.

A bait for what?

For asking questions? "

More like for giving answers that can potentially be construed as being too direct, which would then fall into targeted abuse moderation territory.

Mind you, I wish I didn't need to be passive aggressive. There are quite a few people whom I'd be more than happy to have the chains let off and have a proper fight against.

: a narrow exclusive circle or group of persons

especially : one held together by common interests, views, or purposes

: a small group of people who spend time together and are not friendly to other people

A clique in the social sciences, is a group of individuals who interact with one another and share similar interests.

Interacting with cliques is part of normative social development regardless of gender, ethnicity, or popularity. Although cliques are most commonly studied during adolescence and middle childhood development, they exist in all age groups. They are often bound together by shared social characteristics such as ethnicity and socioeconomic status.

Examples of common or stereotypical adolescent cliques include athletes, nerds, and "outsiders".

Typically, people in a clique will not have a completely open friend group and can, therefore, "ban" members if they do something considered unacceptable, such as talking to someone disliked. Some cliques tend to isolate themselves as a group and view themselves as superior to others, which can be demonstrated through bullying and other antisocial behaviors.

Isn't the forum one giant clique in itself? A large group who share an interest in being on fab for similar reasons, that ban (block) others that don't share the same interests. Will talk to those that do while appearing to ignore others as you can't possibly talk to everyone on here at once at the sheer numbers?

We're all part of the clique.

East London

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

More like for giving answers that can potentially be construed as being too direct, which would then fall into targeted abuse moderation territory.

Mind you, I wish I didn't need to be passive aggressive. There are quite a few people whom I'd be more than happy to have the chains let off and have a proper fight against. "

People should be able to have a debate and conversation without being passive-aggresive, or abusive.

"

On that basis any regular forum poster, and particularly those who are happy to share their opinions and posts an opinion thst others agree with is part of the clique?

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

Mind you, I wish I didn't need to be passive aggressive. There are quite a few people whom I'd be more than happy to have the chains let off and have a proper fight against.

People should be able to have a debate and conversation without being passive-aggresive, or abusive. "

People should. But people can't. Not an ideal world, but that's what it is.

Besides. Goalposts for what constitutes being abusive or passive aggressive shift so much in here that they practically mean nothing. Plenty of examples in the forum whereby what certain users say get a free pass but someone else doing the same gets sanctioned.

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

So whenever anyone of us ventures into new territory with new people, be it socially or in work don't we all try and find others who we have something in common with?

Don't we all feel a bit like outsiders if we're new or if we've been away for a period of time?

Don't we all when we walk into a room look for a familiar face?

These are all normal behaviours, I don't see why the forum would be any different. Yes it can be difficult to put yourself out there, yes people will gravitate towards the familiar. But you can't change others behaviours you can only change your own. So in my opinion just get stuck in and become a familiar face, and it will come gradually

On that basis any regular forum poster, and particularly those who are happy to share their opinions and posts an opinion thst others agree with is part of the clique?"

Only if its noticeable that they are constantly enjoying a feedback approval loop with whoever they express approval with, across different forum threads, and always the same situation of "when A shows up, B is often next".

North Angus

I don’t know how folk can be arsed arguing like this, seems like effort

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

People should be able to have a debate and conversation without being passive-aggresive, or abusive.

Besides. Goalposts for what constitutes being abusive or passive aggressive shift so much in here that they practically mean nothing. Plenty of examples in the forum whereby what certain users say get a free pass but someone else doing the same gets sanctioned. "

I think if you admit to post passively aggressively and express a wish to be able to post aggressively you are obviously ignoring the forum rules?

"I don’t know how folk can be arsed arguing like this, seems like effort "

True dat

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Cloud 8

"

And a happy Thursday to you.

On that basis any regular forum poster, and particularly those who are happy to share their opinions and posts an opinion thst others agree with is part of the clique?

Only if its noticeable that they are constantly enjoying a feedback approval loop with whoever they express approval with, across different forum threads, and always the same situation of "when A shows up, B is often next". "

There are a number of regular posters that I regularly follow on to threads, one because I find her hilarious another because they tend to post on topics I enjoy.

I genuinely don't see the problem with that? It's a forum with dozens of active threads so I'll look for ones thst interest me

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

Besides. Goalposts for what constitutes being abusive or passive aggressive shift so much in here that they practically mean nothing. Plenty of examples in the forum whereby what certain users say get a free pass but someone else doing the same gets sanctioned.

I think if you admit to post passively aggressively and express a wish to be able to post aggressively you are obviously ignoring the forum rules?

"

Forum rules only protect against overt targeted aggression aka naming and shaming/abusing. Anything else is thin ice but not outright a no no.

Freedom of speech yeah.

East London

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

Besides. Goalposts for what constitutes being abusive or passive aggressive shift so much in here that they practically mean nothing. Plenty of examples in the forum whereby what certain users say get a free pass but someone else doing the same gets sanctioned. "

They can, but they choose not to.

If I thought someone was deliberately digging me out on here I'd ignore them.

It's very easy to do.

I'm here for my leisure, not to argue.

It's supposed to be fun.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Feck knows. But yes the forums can seem very cliquey at times. But I don't think it's just one group I think there are quite a few different groups who are all on here.They are quite often people who have become friends in here and have their own chat groups outside of here.

Yes to someone new or someone who feels they have been ignored it can feel very cliquey.

The forums are not always pleasant to new people despite claims that they are. But then some people come in all guns blazing too then throw the clique line out when they get pulled on what they have said.

At the end of the day the forums are what you make of them. And if you come in thinking it's a easy way to get meets etc chances are you'll be dissappointed for a good while.

I enjoy the forums and I post on threads I rarely get replies or chat to anyone off here. That doesn't stop me posting though as I enjoy reading others points of view.

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

Forum rules only protect against overt targeted aggression aka naming and shaming/abusing. Anything else is thin ice but not outright a no no.

Freedom of speech yeah. "

That's not my interpretation of the rules?

Also it's a forum, the owners/admin/mods can set rules as they see fit. It's nothing to do with freedom of speech

"There are people who have similar interests; personalities; views etc who chat regularly, who are friendly towards each other, who may or may not have met in person, who interact more frequently on threads.

Other people who want to be one of those people put them in a group and call them cliques,because they feel they won't be one of them, and are maybe feeling left out or ganged up on."

I concur with Nanna.

(How many times does an agreement have to happen before this is a clique?)

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

There is a clique.

They are the ones who don't spell it 'click'.

Cloud 8

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

Mind you, I wish I didn't need to be passive aggressive. There are quite a few people whom I'd be more than happy to have the chains let off and have a proper fight against. "

Christ on a bike mate, did you *actually* just say you want to fight people? Do you have any idea how juvenile that sounds?

Keep it friendly.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"I don’t know how folk can be arsed arguing like this, seems like effort "

I agree! People overthink so much on here. Or perhaps I just don’t overthink at all. Just let folk get on with whatever they do. Join in or don’t. This mystery clique crap has been going on for years.

There are absolutely, a group of regular and recurring users on here, who we often see hijacking threads and turning them into what basically becomes a 2 or 3 way closed conversation, but with spectators. Sometimes they are riddled with ‘inside jokes’ that completely exclude everyone else.

It can be particularly off-putting for people who are new, unsure, or with genuine questions that they may be nervous about asking.

People hate facts but here is one - Fab is far from being as inclusive as people like to think it is

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I think it’s an excuse used by people who try and get included but don’t. I couldn’t give two fucks.

If there is a secret group chat, slagging people off then sly little pricks are not my kind of people.

The mr

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

"The forum goes in waves and you get self appointed wannabees who group together and run as a crowd. They usually all fall out with each other at some point in their private whatsapp groups.

I think the forum is actually in one of its quiet clique moments currently - a lot of people have gone UNLOS at the moment which is for the better."

I was thinking exactly the same… the forum is going through a very un-cliquey time and it is quite good.

There is always someone to pick up the job of extreme-serial-thread-starter after the orevious ones suddenly go UNLOS but nothing can be done about it I suppose!

Paradise, Herts

"I think it’s an excuse used by people who try and get included but don’t. I couldn’t give two fucks.

If there is a secret group chat, slagging people off then sly little pricks are not my kind of people.

The mr "

Exactly

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"There are, as in any group, a core of popular contributors who can be assured of a positive response from others. Whether this constitutes a clique or just a group of friends talking depends on your view point.

It does have the effect intentional or not of excluding other people

I'd agree with the definition but not the last bit.

It may seem that some are excluded, but as with all things on Fab, everyone is equal. Anyone can post on a thread. Anyone can start one.

To use the age old pub analogy, you'll always find regulars that chat and know eachother. It can be hard to arrive as a new visitor and over time be viewed as 'a regular but that's something that both sides are responsible for. The 'regulars' need to make sure they're open to welcoming new people but the new people also need to recognise that they're not entitled to suddenly become friends with, form close contacts or have everyone agree with them just because they post. Some people do themselves few favours with the way they interact, whether that's the outspoken and confrontational nature of comments, the language used, the blatant ulterior motives behind comments (be that passive aggressive or fawning sycophancy) or the subject matter they focus on.

But anyone can include themselves. You're only excluded if you allow yourself to be. That doesn't guarantee replies, responses or that people will engage with you of course, but the forums are and have always been open to all.

Looking from the outside you'll always see groups that agree with eachother frequently just because they share similar opinions and values, not because they know eachother. There'll also be people who are in fact real friends, who'll back eachother up because that's what friends do.

There'll also be the vocal contributors who are passionate about arguing their viewpoint (yep, my hand is up here) who may then get others simply giving a thumbs up.

None of the above means there's a clique.

All of the above means some will say there is because its an easy cop out and defence mechanism when others don't respond to comments, compliment them instead of others or agree with what they say.

So whether you think there is a clique or there isn't......you're going to be right in your own mind.

A"

Yes.

You have to break in and become known.

But there are those who follow curtain people in here like little sheep baaaaaaa,the next thing is everyone will move to the south American jungle and take cyanide

By *viatrixWoman  over a year ago

Redhill

"I think pecking order was the best term used for it and most of it is self appointed. A lot of the time people who feel a certain way are shot down like it doesn't exist but everyone knows it does. It's usually the ones that shout the loudest that it doesnt are the biggest culprits too. "

Totally agree with this

London

"

I was thinking exactly the same… the forum is going through a very un-cliquey time and it is quite good.

There is always someone to pick up the job of extreme-serial-thread-starter after the orevious ones suddenly go UNLOS but nothing can be done about it I suppose! "

I quite like those that start multiple threads, they keep this place ticking along IMO.

East London

"There are absolutely, a group of regular and recurring users on here, who we often see hijacking threads and turning them into what basically becomes a 2 or 3 way closed conversation, but with spectators. Sometimes they are riddled with ‘inside jokes’ that completely exclude everyone else.

It can be particularly off-putting for people who are new, unsure, or with genuine questions that they may be nervous about asking.

People hate facts but here is one - Fab is far from being as inclusive as people like to think it is "

If I'm reading a thread like that and what they're saying doesn't entertain me I look for another, from the countless other threads.

By *amantha_JadeWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

Most of the time when I post in the forums, it’s because it’s a bit of fun and something to pass the time. I’d rather just be honest. It would never be to try and fit in with any sort of ‘clique’. Of course it’s interesting to find you have a shared view with someone and have positive engagement, but I wouldn’t get my knickers in a twist about it.

Most of the people here you will never meet. The majority are strangers and will remain that way. Just try to be a decent person, have fun and don’t be a dick … and that’s probably the easiest way to join the ‘clique’ if such a thing exists

By *entle_lover_xMan  over a year ago

Great Dunmow

"For me,its a few people who tend to derail threads with a conversation between themselves which normally has nothing to do with the actual thread,I guess this puts people off from posting because it comes across as a closed club "

Yep this! Nothing wrong with certain people being more friendly than others or chatting more than others. It is the in-jokes and comments and seeming private conversation that can be the problem. Seen this on other chat groups as well. Just human nature sadly.

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

The clique hold regular secret, midnight ceremonies whilst stood in a circle around a pampas grass bush whilst dressed in black robes and sporting upside down pineapple pendants.

They chant in a strange dirge and sometimes engage in lewd carnal acts of an unspeakable nature…..

Manchester (she/her)

"The clique hold regular secret, midnight ceremonies whilst stood in a circle around a pampas grass bush whilst dressed in black robes and sporting upside down pineapple pendants.

They chant in a strange dirge and sometimes engage in lewd carnal acts of an unspeakable nature….."

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"It's surely just a joke, I've never seen anything I would class as a clique in the lounge."

That's what they want you to believe

(Shifty eyes) emoji

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

There are two things I always find highly entertaining.

People who get their knickers in a knot about the clique, and,

People who deny any knowledge of one existing.

Any social group will have one, from primary school to a retirement folks home.

Either join it or ignore it , nothing to see hear folks , move along

By *ose-tinted GlassesMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

The pub analogy holds up, I think.

A forum has its regulars, the same as a pub does. They’re no better than you, they’re just here more often. That’s all.

(And it’s not their responsibility to make sure you have fun. They’re just here to enjoy themselves, same as you are.)

In any social environment, the development of groups who gravitate towards one another is inevitable.

Is that a clique or just a group of like minded individuals?

At times the familiarity between regular and established posters may well cause others to feel excluded. Regrettable but again I guess inevitable.

At times there is occasionally a bit of a dog pack type response which sometimes gets called out, Sometimes not.

There are also one or two notable individus who see to thrive on the notoriety of (apparrently) deliberately setting themselves apart and seeking out controversy.

The forums are a very rough approximation of society, fir all its flaws and benefits.

"It's surely just a joke, I've never seen anything I would class as a clique in the lounge.

(Shifty eyes) emoji "

London

"The clique hold regular secret, midnight ceremonies whilst stood in a circle around a pampas grass bush whilst dressed in black robes and sporting upside down pineapple pendants.

They chant in a strange dirge and sometimes engage in lewd carnal acts of an unspeakable nature….."

To be fair, this sounds fucking amazing!

Glasgow

"To be fair, this sounds fucking amazing! "

Yeah. If that’s the clique, I’m in.

Paradise, Herts

"The pub analogy holds up, I think.

A forum has its regulars, the same as a pub does. They’re no better than you, they’re just here more often. That’s all.

(And it’s not their responsibility to make sure you have fun. They’re just here to enjoy themselves, same as you are.)"

I like this ^^

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

For 'the greater good'

A

By *affron40Woman  over a year ago

manchester

The infamous clique…

I’ve just come back after a year and the faces have changed. So many people I don’t know and lots of old faces have since left.. yet the clique remains.

There will always be people who gravitate towards one another, and others you veer away from, as long as it’s not at the exclusion of others this is just how it is.

Dorchester

"In any social environment, the development of groups who gravitate towards one another is inevitable.

Is that a clique or just a group of like minded individuals?

At times the familiarity between regular and established posters may well cause others to feel excluded. Regrettable but again I guess inevitable.

At times there is occasionally a bit of a dog pack type response which sometimes gets called out, Sometimes not.

There are also one or two notable individus who see to thrive on the notoriety of (apparrently) deliberately setting themselves apart and seeking out controversy.t

The forums are a very rough approximation of society, fir all its flaws and benefits."

very rough because texting messages allows a bravado that doesn't exist in life, so by virtue you can say many things you wouldn't say to that persons face, which can be good in one context not so good in another

Snore

I doubt there is a formal group with an official WhatsApp group.

However people will form connections, and chat away from fab. I'd imagine there is overlap and so a loosely formed group of reguñsrs will evolve.

And I will admit, i share my views on some fabsters to some people. Not in some coordinated sabotage bullying way, but because that's what people do. And I'm not going to sugat coat my views in private.

Finally, imo the lounge is a social forum to have conversations. While serious questions can be asked, it's not the place to demand that they stay on topic. Conversations evolve.

If the Clique chats involve the below where do I sign up?

Mr: Wes have you shagged my Mrs yet?

Mrs: *giggles*

Me: nope

Mr: it’s about time you had

By *imply DeeWoman  over a year ago

Wherever

I read “squirting” instead of “sporting” and I guess it’s time I seek help

Manchester (she/her)

They chant in a strange dirge and sometimes engage in lewd carnal acts of an unspeakable nature…..

I read “squirting” instead of “sporting” and I guess it’s time I seek help "

Squirting pineapples sounds painful

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Can anyone point out a specific incident where they've been prevented from posting in the forums due to some mysterious clique?

Any time that they've tried posting something and when they pushed the 'post message' button nothing happened?

An occurrence when what they had wanted to post somehow changed and they were prevented from expressing a view or an opinion freely.

Because in 15 odd years of being on here the only times I've ever been temporarily stopped from saying anything, or contributing to a thread for a while has been through my own actions resulting in a spell on that step, which I'm sure many have experienced.

Bar that I've been free to say what I want (within rules) whenever I've wanted to.

Sometimes people respond. Sometimes I end up killing a thread. Sometimes people agree, many times they don't.

Way back when I was single on here I used to meet a lot of fellow forumites for socials and sex. These days I can count on one hand the number I've physically met socially and I don't think there's anyone using the forums regularly that I've ever done the deed with.

I used to get accused of being in a clique because of who I met. I cared not.

I suspect that accusation would still be made by some now. Guess what? Still zero fucks given.

It seems to be that not getting responses to comments or posts and somehow feeling 'excluded' is an alternative gripe to those that struggle to get meets - the forum equivalent of sending messages that get ignored or deleted and being blocked by other users.

Much like everyone having the right to choose who they meet I'd say they also have the right to choose who they engage with on the forums.

Nobody is owed a meet. Likewise nobody is owed interaction on the forums.

There's generally few reasons though that people will proactively shun and ignore others in here, especially the lounge which is by far the most inclusive section of the site forums in my view. Some dig their own holes and just keep digging though. It's honestly not hard to engage others positively and get involved in conversations or hey - just start your own. Some will be popular and hit 175, others will sit on 0. I've had plenty of both and that's to be expected. Chucking your virtual toys out of the virtual pram because people don't engage or agree is the quickest way to encourage others to ignore you.

Own your involvement, your activity and your contributions. Don't blame others for not wanting to engage with you as they're under no obligations.

A

Forum Mod

East Sussex

^^ I think that very much depends on your view of the fora and what you feel their purpose is.

Barriers aren't always physical or technical

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"^^ I think that very much depends on your view of the fora and what you feel their purpose is.

Barriers aren't always physical or technical"

In my view?

The lounge is and has always been for idle chat. Anything from the mundane to the ridiculous.

The other sections are more specific hence their titles.

There never seems to be any mention of cliques in any of the other sections (bar I suspect the geographical ones maybe).

Nobody in 'Swingers Chat' mentions it. Nor the clubs and meets. Not stories and fantasies.

It seems a unique occurrence in the Lounge.

As for virtual barriers? They can be as much self inflicted as anything else.

A

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"It's surely just a joke, I've never seen anything I would class as a clique in the lounge.

(Shifty eyes) emoji

"

You must be a member to have the

(Ninja)

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"^^ I think that very much depends on your view of the fora and what you feel their purpose is.

In my view?

The lounge is and has always been for idle chat. Anything from the mundane to the ridiculous.

There never seems to be any mention of cliques in any of the other sections (bar I suspect the geographical ones maybe).

Nobody in 'Swingers Chat' mentions it. Nor the clubs and meets. Not stories and fantasies.

A"

Yep but if the infliction (is that a word?) is equal then so is the responsibility.

By *hirleyMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I'm not reading all of these responses but for the few I have that say "don't read too much in to it", I tend to agree. The forums are by the book; intended to be light hearted and a way for people to reach out and connect on various "swinging" related subjects, if they're causing you to become distressed in any way then you're probably not really getting out what they are intended for, so should go away and think for a bit if you want to be part of them.

By *avinaTVTV/TS  over a year ago

Transsexual Transylvania

I like the robes. Where do I sign up?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I just plod round doing my own thing

Glasgow

"I just plod round doing my own thing"

Yes, but do you do it in the robes?

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

In my view?

A

Yep but if the infliction (is that a word?) is equal then so is the responsibility.

"

Oh I agree. As I said earlier, both sides have a responsibility.

There are some people who shout 'clique' though simply because they don't get the desired response they seek, because others (or the majority in some cases) don't agree with their views and because the are called out for expressing certain views. Its an easy defense mechanism to deflect.

There are others who aren't interested in engaging with anyone they don't want to fuck, aren't existing friends with and who will ignore posts from people they've no history with.

Both of those groups are definitely in the minority though.

Much like the common 'how do I get my first verification?' question that frequently pops up where my response is that everyone started out unverified, when people ask how to get more involved the the forums my reply is much the same. We were all new to the forums once. Those that people see more frequently and consider the 'clique suspects' are seen that way probably because they post more, get involved more and don't hide in the wings.

The psychology of forums and actual physical meets is much the same. You get out what you put in and generally positive effort equals positive results.

A

*Clique* Clique* BOOOM!

Glasgow

"*Clique* Clique* BOOOM! "

Yo, are y’all ready for me yet?

I see the clique agree that there is no clique,irony

I'll add my two cents but will probably be skipped by as I am the OG of thread killers lol although I've just made no sense!

The threads that get derailed, it's been mentioned above, why not go back to the original comment? Don't sit there roll your eyes and think here we go again, get involved by answering the OP.

Maybe I'm wrong but in some cases the people that say there's a 'clique' and people agree.... Are you not partaking in a 'clique'?

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Ahhhhhhhhhhh The Clique......

THE Clique ......

Doesn't exist.

It's been touted since i've been here some 15 or more years ago.

Those accused of being THE CLIQUE then no longer exist....... so 'the percieved clique' changes now and then.

The clique is only there if you can see it and it's only visible to certain people with certain characteristics.

I myself have never seen the clique....

"I'll add my two cents but will probably be skipped by as I am the OG of thread killers lol although I've just made no sense!

The threads that get derailed, it's been mentioned above, why not go back to the original comment? Don't sit there roll your eyes and think here we go again, get involved by answering the OP.

Maybe I'm wrong but in some cases the people that say there's a 'clique' and people agree.... Are you not partaking in a 'clique'?

"

No,I am Spartacus

King's Crustacean

Johnny and the Bomb ......

Mrs Tachyon

"*Clique* Clique* BOOOM!

Mrs Tachyon"

Jonny got a boom boom,Imelda may

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

Can we leave my team of gatekeepers out of this please

By *heGateKeeperMan  over a year ago

Stratford

"Can we leave my team of gatekeepers out of this please "

- team

+ clique

East London

"I see the clique agree that there is no clique,irony"

Is there a clique of people who insist there's a clique?

"*Clique* Clique* BOOOM!

Mrs Tachyon

Jonny got a boom boom,Imelda may"

I thought it was boom shake the room??

"*Clique* Clique* BOOOM!

Mrs Tachyon

Jonny got a boom boom,Imelda may

I thought it was boom shake the room?? "

https://youtu.be/HLzZUiwGi_k

Nope definitely Johnny got a boom boom,Imelda may is frickin gorgeous

"I see the clique agree that there is no clique,irony

Is there a clique of people who insist there's a clique?

"

Ahhhhhhhh I see,that's a fair point

No comment

"Heard a rumour it's HBK, HHH, X-pac,Diesel and Razor sometimes Chyna, Rick Flair and Rick Rude "

Exactly what I was going to say...later joined by Road Dog and Billy Gunn and became Degeneration X

North Angus

"Heard a rumour it's HBK, HHH, X-pac,Diesel and Razor sometimes Chyna, Rick Flair and Rick Rude

Exactly what I was going to say...later joined by Road Dog and Billy Gunn and became Degeneration X "

That’s my era of Wrestling

By *escourtesMan  over a year ago

hereford

All the sixes ...clickety click

By *uitednbooted2Man  over a year ago

Berkshire

I’ve been on fab over 10 years and there is a clique. I’m not shy of saying what think especially calling people out for chatting shit and that hasn’t gone down well with some. All I know is that I have had regular occurrences when I have done that in a thread, and within minutes 4-5 of the usual suspects miraculously appear on the thread to defend. Read into that what you will, but I could name every one of them.

"Heard a rumour it's HBK, HHH, X-pac,Diesel and Razor sometimes Chyna, Rick Flair and Rick Rude

Exactly what I was going to say...later joined by Road Dog and Billy Gunn and became Degeneration X

That’s my era of Wrestling "

Attitude Era was the best.

North Angus

That’s my era of Wrestling

Attitude Era was the best. "

Still to this day in love with Lita

"It's surely just a joke, I've never seen anything I would class as a clique in the lounge."

Maybe that's because you're outside of the clique

We have to remember we where all new once. I took a forum break of nearly a year and when I came back I had a hidden profile. Also the forums had changed people and I hardly recognised anyone.

Understandably people where dubious about talking to me but I plodded along. People get to recognise your name and start to include you. I also started joining in some games.

Now I would say I get quite a few messages from formites and lurkers and I'm included in the games. I'm always surprised they want to talk to a blank profile.

Some posts I start are a success and some a failure although I don't start that many threads these days.

You have to put yourself out there you can't expect everyone to come running to you

"I’ve been on fab over 10 years and there is a clique. I’m not shy of saying what think especially calling people out for chatting shit and that hasn’t gone down well with some. All I know is that I have had regular occurrences when I have done that in a thread, and within minutes 4-5 of the usual suspects miraculously appear on the thread to defend. Read into that what you will, but I could name every one of them. "

someone gets it.

By *oofy321Man  over a year ago

moon base zero

Like I said earlier, some people need to use the reply privately button and not disrupt the theme of the thread

By *rder66Man  over a year ago

Tatooine

I sure I don't want to be in a clique (except the one with my child), I am my own person experiencing my own life journey, with my own views.

Reading this as we did suspected it

Luckily we care not 1 bit either way

Each to their own

Title of our sex tape

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

If your fighting skills are as bad as your people skills I’ll wager you’ll lose

By *ulieAndBeefCouple  over a year ago

Manchester-ish

I've still not received my pendant and robes. Who should I contact please?

J

North Angus

"There are quite a few people whom I'd be more than happy to have the chains let off and have a proper fight against. "

Wait, what?

Have a snickers mate, you’re not the same when you’re hungry

Dorchester

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh The Clique......

THE Clique ......

Doesn't exist.

Those accused of being THE CLIQUE then no longer exist....... so 'the percieved clique' changes now and then.

The clique is only there if you can see it and it's only visible to certain people with certain characteristics.

I myself have never seen the clique.... "

your sights going

"I've still not received my pendant and robes. Who should I contact please?

J"

When you find out, can you let me know, please?

La la land

"There are quite a few people whom I'd be more than happy to have the chains let off and have a proper fight against.

Wait, what?

Have a snickers mate, you’re not the same when you’re hungry "

You do realise there are people on here who maybe too young for that reference???

I'd also like to add... confirmation bias. If you think it's there, you're looking for it and will find it.

"There are quite a few people whom I'd be more than happy to have the chains let off and have a proper fight against.

Wait, what?

You do realise there are people on here who maybe too young for that reference??? "

Wash your damn mouth out

Cloud 8

J"

Dear Member, you need to submit your application through the Clique Secretary. Apparently. They will cross check your membership status against our records (Ahem, I mean the records) and issue the uniform matching your rank in the Clique. Allegedly.

North Angus

Wait, what?

You do realise there are people on here who maybe too young for that reference??? "

Oh shit, am I that old now??? well dangit

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

J"

F&B told me that for the initiation ritual I would have to stick a banana up my arse and run naked around a shopping centre.

…..After my subsequent arrest, I found out that A: He isn’t even a certified member of the clique and B: Was playing a cruel practical joke on me.

The bugger!

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"I'd also like to add... confirmation bias. If you think it's there, you're looking for it and will find it."

Why doesn't confirmation bias work when I lose my glasses?

I think they're somewhere, I'm looking for them, but.........

A

By *amantha_JadeWoman  over a year ago

Newcastle

J

When you find out, can you let me know, please? "

Can I just wear my fluffy dressing gown?

"I'd also like to add... confirmation bias. If you think it's there, you're looking for it and will find it.

Why doesn't confirmation bias work when I lose my glasses?

I think they're somewhere, I'm looking for them, but.........

A"

Because they are somewhere. And if you look hard enough, you'll find them

Dorchester

Isn't it weird though how their isn't a clique but how quickly these threads reach 175

Manchester-ish

I've skimmed through much of this and if it's not hit 175 after work I'll comment properly. Very quick thoughts - there are some posters who seem to whinge a lot and be negative on the whole and, much as I try to engage with everyone, I find them difficult to talk to. If that makes me cliquey so be it.

J

Ahhhhhh the I see the clique have infiltrated the clique thread,making light,mocking and scorn those who reveal them..........I see you

La la land

Wait, what?

You do realise there are people on here who maybe too young for that reference???

Wash your damn mouth out "

Sorry not sorry, seriously someone in my office didn't know who count duckula was the other day. I mortified to find out it came out before they were born

Manchester-ish

J

Can I just wear my fluffy dressing gown? "

Perfect. Or a nice housecoat.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Seems less here than when I first found the forums! Or might be that I feel more included the longer I been here? Not sure ? But it is what it is I spose! X

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Ahhhhhh the I see the clique have infiltrated the clique thread,making light,mocking and scorn those who reveal them..........I see you"

But....but.....but......

I've seen people give thumbs up to comments stating there's a clique and agreeing with people that say there is one, thus supporting them against rose with the opposite view.

Now that's exactly the behaviour they say is displayed by the clique and those in it.

Does this mean there are in fact two cliques? The original clique and a new clique of people adamant there's a clique?

Where will it end?

A

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

Wait, what?

Wash your damn mouth out

Sorry not sorry, seriously someone in my office didn't know who count duckula was the other day. I mortified to find out it came out before they were born "

What's count duckula?

Manchester (she/her)

"Ahhhhhh the I see the clique have infiltrated the clique thread,making light,mocking and scorn those who reveal them..........I see you

But....but.....but......

I've seen people give thumbs up to comments stating there's a clique and agreeing with people that say there is one, thus supporting them against rose with the opposite view.

Now that's exactly the behaviour they say is displayed by the clique and those in it.

Does this mean there are in fact two cliques? The original clique and a new clique of people adamant there's a clique?

Where will it end?

A"

Schroedinger's clique

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

The desire to fit in with the crowd is strong"

How boring ! I always try and do the opposite

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

If your fighting skills are as bad as your people skills I’ll wager you’ll lose "

Watch as your comment gets reported by me for targeted abuse and the mods do nothing about it.

FYI my people skills only suck towards people I don't get on with.

North Angus

Wait, what?

Wash your damn mouth out

Sorry not sorry, seriously someone in my office didn't know who count duckula was the other day. I mortified to find out it came out before they were born "

I’ve two Count Duckula VHS tapes in the house

Wait, what?

Have a snickers mate, you’re not the same when you’re hungry "

Never said I was spoiling for a physical fight. Fights can be verbal or written. If people want to interpret it as me wanting to go fisticuffs against anyone in here that's their prerogative. After all that's the catch all excuse used by some profiles in here as cover for anything they say and anyone they target.

La la land

Wait, what?

Wash your damn mouth out

Sorry not sorry, seriously someone in my office didn't know who count duckula was the other day. I mortified to find out it came out before they were born

What's count duckula? "

One of the best cartoons ever. I'm getting blinking old arghhhh!!!!

Cloud 8

"Ahhhhhh the I see the clique have infiltrated the clique thread,making light,mocking and scorn those who reveal them..........I see you

But....but.....but......

Where will it end?

A

Schroedinger's clique"

Ha! Good one - until you find out either way, there is and isn’t a clique

La la land

Wait, what?

Wash your damn mouth out

I’ve two Count Duckula VHS tapes in the house "

No way!!! I loved Count Duckula, I mean what's not to love with a veggie Dracula?

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

Watch as your comment gets reported by me for targeted abuse and the mods do nothing about it.

FYI my people skills only suck towards people I don't get on with. "

That's an insult to people who have been abused

But....but.....but......

Where will it end?

A

Schroedinger's clique

Ha! Good one - until you find out either way, there is and isn’t a clique"

I think you will find it's a

schadenfreude clique

But....but.....but......

Where will it end?

A"

See i could get on my high horse and say I said that before you but i won't. Lol

"I’ve been on fab over 10 years and there is a clique. I’m not shy of saying what think especially calling people out for chatting shit and that hasn’t gone down well with some. All I know is that I have had regular occurrences when I have done that in a thread, and within minutes 4-5 of the usual suspects miraculously appear on the thread to defend. Read into that what you will, but I could name every one of them. "
is this a clique ? Or a friendship group ?

I can buy that a group day to each other "suited is at it again". Especially if you have fequent cases where you don't see eye to eye.

I can also buy that of they are regulars they are reading threads often. As so will react to such posts even if they haven't contributed before.

Imo its a jump from the lounge having friendship groups to there being a clique.

And the lounge helps encourage friendships.

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

FYI my people skills only suck towards people I don't get on with. That's an insult to people who have been abused"

What you want to think is your prerogative and none of my concern.

Especially when it comes from a faceless hidden profile.

Manchester (she/her)

"I’ve been on fab over 10 years and there is a clique. I’m not shy of saying what think especially calling people out for chatting shit and that hasn’t gone down well with some. All I know is that I have had regular occurrences when I have done that in a thread, and within minutes 4-5 of the usual suspects miraculously appear on the thread to defend. Read into that what you will, but I could name every one of them. is this a clique ? Or a friendship group ?

I can buy that a group day to each other "suited is at it again". Especially if you have fequent cases where you don't see eye to eye.

I can also buy that of they are regulars they are reading threads often. As so will react to such posts even if they haven't contributed before.

Imo its a jump from the lounge having friendship groups to there being a clique.

And the lounge helps encourage friendships.

"

There are plenty of people whose contributions I value who I'll read and think about. Even if I've never spoken to them

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

But....but.....but......

Where will it end?

A

See i could get on my high horse and say I said that before you but i won't. Lol "

**something, something, Imitation is flattery, something, something**

A

North Angus

Wait, what?

Never said I was spoiling for a physical fight. Fights can be verbal or written. If people want to interpret it as me wanting to go fisticuffs against anyone in here that's their prerogative. After all that's the catch all excuse used by some profiles in here as cover for anything they say and anyone they target. "

You literally said “ have a proper fight”

North Angus

Wait, what?

Wash your damn mouth out

I’ve two Count Duckula VHS tapes in the house

No way!!! I loved Count Duckula, I mean what's not to love with a veggie Dracula? "

I need to dig them out again

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

FYI my people skills only suck towards people I don't get on with. That's an insult to people who have been abused

Especially when it comes from a faceless hidden profile. "

Why bring someone's choice to hide their profile into it??

By *aui.Man  over a year ago

around here

I'm in my own clique if that counts? Although I am considering kicking myself out.

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm in my own clique if that counts? Although I am considering kicking myself out."

I won't join a group that would have me as a member etc

"I'm in my own clique if that counts? Although I am considering kicking myself out."

What did you do? Start a fight in an empty room?

But....but.....but......

Where will it end?

A

See i could get on my high horse and say I said that before you but i won't. Lol

**something, something, Imitation is flattery, something, something**

A"

Haha I feel you mock me and disguise it with

By *estarossa.Woman  over a year ago

Flagrante

I don't get the obsession over it tbh, is it just an attempt at developing a hierarchy? In lieu of either class or economic hierarchies?

Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

FYI my people skills only suck towards people I don't get on with. That's an insult to people who have been abused

Why bring someone's choice to hide their profile into it?? "

It's also quite entertaining given DS has been here probably longer than anyone, has seen the comings and goings of the forums more than most and has contributed to discussions more than anyone on this thread.

The fact the profile is hidden won't tell anyone that but one of the things you learn over a very extended period of time on the site is who people are and how they interact with others, whether in a positive manner or otherwise.

And whilst 'length of service' is no guarantee of anything its often the case that some of the long term site users come across as a lot more pleasant than some more recent contributers.

Sorry if that makes you sound old DS.

A

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't get the obsession over it tbh, is it just an attempt at developing a hierarchy? In lieu of either class or economic hierarchies?"

That and manufacturing grievance, I think.

Grievance is sometimes justified, but not always.

King's Crustacean

"I’ve been on fab over 10 years and there is a clique. I’m not shy of saying what think especially calling people out for chatting shit and that hasn’t gone down well with some. All I know is that I have had regular occurrences when I have done that in a thread, and within minutes 4-5 of the usual suspects miraculously appear on the thread to defend. Read into that what you will, but I could name every one of them.

someone gets it. "

Get's what ?

Up to 6 people disagree with him and in order to not be wrong he cries clique...

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

Why bring someone's choice to hide their profile into it?? "

Because if they want to do personal attacks on others or insinuate someone doesn't have a point about being personally attacked then they shouldn't be doing it behind a hidden profile. Simple as that.

Another classic characteristic of some forum cliques here is their propensity to use hidden profiles (be it sometimes or all the time) and then ride into every thread they wish, throw a couple smoke or actual grenades in, and then you see all their sycophants/birds of the same feather start popping in like "one little two little three little piggies...".

East London

"I’ve been on fab over 10 years and there is a clique. I’m not shy of saying what think especially calling people out for chatting shit and that hasn’t gone down well with some. All I know is that I have had regular occurrences when I have done that in a thread, and within minutes 4-5 of the usual suspects miraculously appear on the thread to defend. Read into that what you will, but I could name every one of them.

someone gets it.

Get's what ?

Up to 6 people disagree with him and in order to not be wrong he cries clique...

"

I'd like to know if the clique is the same people now that were in it 10 years ago.

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

It's also quite entertaining given DS has been here probably longer than anyone, has seen the comings and goings of the forums more than most and has contributed to discussions more than anyone on this thread.

The fact the profile is hidden won't tell anyone that but one of the things you learn over a very extended period of time on the site is who people are and how they interact with others, whether in a positive manner or otherwise.

And whilst 'length of service' is no guarantee of anything its often the case that some of the long term site users come across as a lot more pleasant than some more recent contributers.

Sorry if that makes you sound old DS.

A"

Thankyou. That's kind of you.

La la land

"I don't get the obsession over it tbh, is it just an attempt at developing a hierarchy? In lieu of either class or economic hierarchies?

Grievance is sometimes justified, but not always."

As much as some say about those who want to be popular and queen bee of the forums. There are those who like playing the underdog, and appear to the rebels and so unique. I find these sets of people very very similar

Manchester (she/her)

"I don't get the obsession over it tbh, is it just an attempt at developing a hierarchy? In lieu of either class or economic hierarchies?

As much as some say about those who want to be popular and queen bee of the forums. There are those who like playing the underdog, and appear to the rebels and so unique. I find these sets of people very very similar "

Indeed.

J

Can I just wear my fluffy dressing gown?

Perfect. Or a nice housecoat. "

I could get behind this and the usernames listed above

someone gets it.

Get's what ?

"

And you know there's up to 6 people disagreeing with him how? His comment hasn't been quoted six times by six individuals disagreeing with him.

You think calling cliques out is done in an effort by someone to try and be "right"? We all know the nature of the forums. It's the same as humanity. Majority wins. Popular opinion matters. Nails that stick up and dare to stand out get hammered down. And on and on this rotten wheel rolls. There's no "winning being right" in calling cliques out. Because sooner or later all those who aren't part of the cliques or call their existence out will quit and do something else better in their lives.

Manchester (she/her)

"

Because if they want to do personal attacks on others or insinuate someone doesn't have a point about being personally attacked then they shouldn't be doing it behind a hidden profile. Simple as that.

Another classic characteristic of some forum cliques here is their propensity to use hidden profiles (be it sometimes or all the time) and then ride into every thread they wish, throw a couple smoke or actual grenades in, and then you see all their sycophants/birds of the same feather start popping in like "one little two little three little piggies...". "

Last I checked, critiquing profiles (unsolicited) is against the rules of the forum.

King's Crustacean

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh The Clique......

THE Clique ......

Doesn't exist.

I myself have never seen the clique.... your sights going "

Who said that ?

As much as some say about those who want to be popular and queen bee of the forums. There are those who like playing the underdog, and appear to the rebels and so unique. I find these sets of people very very similar "

What about those in the middle,have they got their own clique?

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

Another classic characteristic of some forum cliques here is their propensity to use hidden profiles (be it sometimes or all the time) and then ride into every thread they wish, throw a couple smoke or actual grenades in, and then you see all their sycophants/birds of the same feather start popping in like "one little two little three little piggies...". "

Do you not think you are being slightly over dramatic. Where was the personal insult

A bait for what?

For asking questions?

Wait?? There's more than one clique??? You wrote 'some forum cliques' so you think there's more than one main group of people?