FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Public perception...

Public perception...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eli OP   Woman  over a year ago

First time trying pigtails in public.

I noticed a marked difference in attention from men - more men offering to help with my luggage, more looks. Apparently it's a thing amongst my friends and others - when they have their hair in pigtails, better tips etc.

So a couple of things -

1) do you like pigtails? Why?

And

2) Are there any changes to your appearance (clothing, hairstyles etc) that get you noticed more?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I occasionally wear my hair in low pigtails, can't say I recall anyone taking notice of them.

Its usually because I'm too lazy to do much else with my hair

I dunno if it's as noticeable for guys when they do something different. Though I did find I go more attention when I had a big beard and curly moustache.

I bet you look great in them Meli, but I’m not usually a fan, firstly my hair isn’t really long enough and secondly I think they being out a woman’s youthfulness at the same time as giving off sexual vibes, which I personally find a bit uncomfortable, probs coz I’m a prude and stuffy. That sounds awful when I read it back, but yeah they just give off school girl vibes which make me feel a bit like a pervert for even saying hello.

I find people treat me massively differently when I’m in my suit and tie for work as opposed to when I’m in my slob clothes. Suddenly you get more eye contact and people give you better service in shops and bars

By *veragecouple2000Couple  over a year ago

Cwmbran

I’ve recently gone completely blonde and that seems to have made something of a difference

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

"First time trying pigtails in public.

I noticed a marked difference in attention from men - more men offering to help with my luggage, more looks. Apparently it's a thing amongst my friends and others - when they have their hair in pigtails, better tips etc.

So a couple of things -

And

2) Are there any changes to your appearance (clothing, hairstyles etc) that get you noticed more? "

1) I can't say they would get me to treat anyone differently, so can't say why it does for anyone else.

2) I've never really noticed to be honest!

By *entlemanFoxMan  over a year ago

North East / London

Hi Meli,

1. I always think a French plait is very sophisticated and sexy;

2. As a mature gentleman, compliments are rarer than hen's teeth. That said I have had four women compliment my Rayban aviator sun glasses which is something of a miracle!

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

That's really bizarre... I have long hair, maybe I'll try it and see what happens... Although it's a little bit creepy

Red lipstick, always a winner.

I also went bleach blonde once, definitely got looked at differently!

By *_the_impalerMan  over a year ago

canterbury

Is guys do notice something distinctive like you changing your hair style slightly I will normally compliment if the situation is right and that it would be welcomed

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

I like the look. Wouldn't change how I treated you

By *anae21Woman  over a year ago

Nearer than you think

I get lots of comments when I wear my hair up in a French pleat, it's probably because it appears my long hair has been severely cut.

By *ife NinjaMan  over a year ago

Dunfermline

"I get lots of comments when I wear my hair up in a French pleat, it's probably because it appears my long hair has been severely cut. "

Definitely would sneak a look

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Since I let my hair go natural grey bizarre! X

By *elix SightedMan  over a year ago

Cloud 8

So a couple of things -

And

2) Are there any changes to your appearance (clothing, hairstyles etc) that get you noticed more? "

Oh god, Meli, I love pigtails!

I can’t describe what it is, they just get me so hot under the collar! I wonder if it’s some long repressed memory of girls I fancied when I was younger and pigtails were a thing. And that makes me wonder if it’s wrong I like them now!

There’s something so cute about them (not in a twee or childish way) that makes me think ‘playful’.

As for me, I don’t get noticed, winked at, chatted up or casually fondled under any circumstances. I could be in speedos or a dinner jacket and I’d still be ignored haha (before everyone jumps down my throat, that’s isn’t a woe is me statement)

So a couple of things -

And

Yes! So fun to grab when throat fucking!

And they look cute I guess?

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Mine is my hair in a high ponytail, I look very different hair up to hair down.

My other one is eye makeup, the old blue/greys really pop and I get a lot of attention.

Clothes is the olde tight t shirt. The pint rack is always guaranteed to get served at the bar first

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Pig tails are as sexy as all hell!

As regards the abstruse, intrinsic psychology as to exactly why I find them to be so however, I sadly know not.

…..but they be hawt!

Pigtails yes! Wearimg ultra white my fave hands down.

By *unx2019Couple  over a year ago

Moray

Tried plait and added the rope as in profile picture, certainly got noticed lol

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't like pigtails. I can't tell you why because I don't know.

I used to need a walking stick and men would offer me help much more frequently. If I'm wearing

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

I doubt it's seen as a cute thing unless they are 20 ish and wearing lederhosen.

By *entlemanFoxMan  over a year ago

North East / London

"I get lots of comments when I wear my hair up in a French pleat, it's probably because it appears my long hair has been severely cut. "

Lovely

...'you are outside the age etc'

By *eli OP   Woman  over a year ago

"I bet you look great in them Meli, but I’m not usually a fan, firstly my hair isn’t really long enough and secondly I think they being out a woman’s youthfulness at the same time as giving off sexual vibes, which I personally find a bit uncomfortable, probs coz I’m a prude and stuffy. That sounds awful when I read it back, but yeah they just give off school girl vibes which make me feel a bit like a pervert for even saying hello.

I find people treat me massively differently when I’m in my suit and tie for work as opposed to when I’m in my slob clothes. Suddenly you get more eye contact and people give you better service in shops and bars "

Ah I completely understand that! I wish it wasn't quite the case, I like them. They look good, not in a schoolgirl way because that's not for me. But they frame my face, are something different. I'm enjoying experimenting with different styles after years of pinning it back or just blow drying it.

And the suit thing? Yes, that's the sort of thing I was wondering about - it does make sense to a certain degree, I think esp in the hospitality industry, although it shouldn't be the case, people are treated differently depending on how well presented they are. It might be down to tips. Pure snobbery. Who knows?

"I bet you look great in them Meli, but I’m not usually a fan, firstly my hair isn’t really long enough and secondly I think they being out a woman’s youthfulness at the same time as giving off sexual vibes, which I personally find a bit uncomfortable, probs coz I’m a prude and stuffy. That sounds awful when I read it back, but yeah they just give off school girl vibes which make me feel a bit like a pervert for even saying hello.

I find people treat me massively differently when I’m in my suit and tie for work as opposed to when I’m in my slob clothes. Suddenly you get more eye contact and people give you better service in shops and bars

Ah I completely understand that! I wish it wasn't quite the case, I like them. They look good, not in a schoolgirl way because that's not for me. But they frame my face, are something different. I'm enjoying experimenting with different styles after years of pinning it back or just blow drying it.

And the suit thing? Yes, that's the sort of thing I was wondering about - it does make sense to a certain degree, I think esp in the hospitality industry, although it shouldn't be the case, people are treated differently depending on how well presented they are. It might be down to tips. Pure snobbery. Who knows?"

Just wear pigtails for our meet yeah? THANKYOU

By *ookie46Woman  over a year ago

Deepest darkest Peru

I wear them when going to the gym or when I used to go running in the past. Sometimes wear them in everyday life and usually under a hat but not sure I’ve attracted anymore attention because of them

In my avatar I have pigtails and that pic has proved quite popular but I am showing off a fantastic mug too!

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

That's interesting, Meli. I'm sure they looked great, but pigtails do nothing for me in an increasing hotness sense, so I doubt I'd notice particularly. Others have summed up better than my why they do float lots of guys' boats though, but I don't get it.

I'm not sure there's anything quite as stark for guys - at least in my experience - in terms of better service etc, though was quite fun after the first couple of lockdowns to introduce friends to my lockdown hair!

» Add a new message to this topic