FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Shoplifting

Shoplifting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exyredheadtattoo OP   Couple  over a year ago

Beaumont

I work in a retail store and had two women run out of the store with sweat pants with alarm gadget still attached which set off alarm. When they they ran one fell down on the concrete. I guess she got what she deserved.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Do you ever turn a blind eye?

By *exi_LexiTV/TS  over a year ago

wales

Did give this a try once, but soon found out that shops were to heavy to lift

This is why I don't work in retail, I'd be letting everyone off

I guess this is some sort of parable

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Woman who steals sweat pants cannot remain upstanding.

You've got to give it to these shop lifters, once they've got their mind set on something.. they hit the ground running.

It’s the little things that trip you up tho, and make you come back to earth with a bump…

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Once upon a time, Mr KC bought some shorts from H&M. We went on holiday to Tenerife and he was wearing them on a day trip up Mountain Teide. He felt something jabbing him in the hip and found a circular plastic security tag, filled with dye. That was an interesting discussion with the H&M staff upon our return to the UK.

By *vilgasamWoman  over a year ago

The dot in the i

Decades ago when I did work retail I might have stopped them but these days probably not, the big companies can generally afford it and stealing tends to be a last resort, it’s 2023 and everyone is feeling it

Except the big companies

Eat the rich and all that jazz

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

Well she got her pants and a black eye was it black friday by any chance?

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

This can only get worse as prices rise and wages falter.

In France, if a thief steals a loaf of bread at a local market and runs chased by the baker then the locals will not stop the thief. They will cheer. That will be the state of the UK. The English will end up like the French..

By *red333Man  over a year ago

Dorchester

"This can only get worse as prices rise and wages falter.

In France, if a thief steals a loaf of bread at a local market and runs chased by the baker then the locals will not stop the thief. They will cheer. That will be the state of the UK. The English will end up like the French.. "

cheering........ Cheers

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I once tried to shoplift in a paper shop. Unfortunately, before I had the chance, it blew away.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I watched someone a few weeks ago literally walk around the shop blatantly stuffing a trolley full of all kinds of stuff. I'm pretty sure the staff knew as well.

"I once tried to shoplift in a paper shop. Unfortunately, before I had the chance, it blew away."

I tried to shoplift from British Home Stores back in the day.

Far too heavy

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"I watched someone a few weeks ago literally walk around the shop blatantly stuffing a trolley full of all kinds of stuff. I'm pretty sure the staff knew as well."

Isn't that just shopping ?

Whatever happened to the old fashioned shoplifters? The ones that turned up in your local selling fillet steak and Mach 3 razors?

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

My husband's reaction to junkie shoplifters in our two shops is to simply lock them in the shop, scares them enough to ensure they never return.

In France, if a thief steals a loaf of bread at a local market and runs chased by the baker then the locals will not stop the thief. They will cheer. That will be the state of the UK. The English will end up like the French.. "

I think I would cheer the thief too. They don't steal food to re-sell it on Ebay, they steal it because they're hungry.

By *ttentiveRabbitMan  over a year ago

Lymington

In a previous role I was a store manager.

We had a regular shoplifter that would clear shelves.

They weren’t classed as a shop lifter and couldn’t be stopped until out the store.

So we waited for them to leave and stopped him.

He threatened that he had a knife and would stab if we came near (never saw it)

We knew who he was, but the police didn’t bother, and only advice was to stop him before entry.

By the time we warned the other stores on the park, he had cleared over £800 of perfumes too in front of the staff.

Head office response was to not to get involved and if I was to get hurt outside the store, I was not insured by the company and seemed the same with the other businesses.

I subsequently quit and hear he still makes regular visits

"Whatever happened to the old fashioned shoplifters? The ones that turned up in your local selling fillet steak and Mach 3 razors?"

Never happened in a pub but a guy approached me at a bus stop once trying to sell me aftershave

"Whatever happened to the old fashioned shoplifters? The ones that turned up in your local selling fillet steak and Mach 3 razors?"

Visit Nottingham, there's lots here

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"In a previous role I was a store manager.

We had a regular shoplifter that would clear shelves.

They weren’t classed as a shop lifter and couldn’t be stopped until out the store.

So we waited for them to leave and stopped him.

He threatened that he had a knife and would stab if we came near (never saw it)

We knew who he was, but the police didn’t bother, and only advice was to stop him before entry.

By the time we warned the other stores on the park, he had cleared over £800 of perfumes too in front of the staff.

Head office response was to not to get involved and if I was to get hurt outside the store, I was not insured by the company and seemed the same with the other businesses.

I subsequently quit and hear he still makes regular visits "

Where has a few months ago I saw the police beat and throw on the floor an old man who had shoplifted from Tesco's. I'm not sure what he lifted, but I expect it was food. He was arrested

Used to work in Scotmid, we regularly had someone come in and steal a block of cheese. One night a regular customer came in and had his bike sto-len. He came back in and said someone has nicked his bike, I asked if he’d chained it up before coming in, he said no, so I replied, “so what do you expect?”

By *ang bang bangity bangCouple  over a year ago

Sunderland

[Removed by poster at 04/02/23 17:56:50]

Sunderland

This thread has really annoyed me. I work in a well known supermarket and we have multiple shop lifters a day. It's not hungry people it's people stealing meat, fish, coffee, butter so they can sell it and fund their drugs amd criminal lifestyles. They are violent and go equipped. They often wait for staff to leave and intimate and threaten them. At the moment our staff are terrified to come to work. We have a convenience shop next door who have been attacked multiple times when cashing up and had their staff beaten. They are racist towards them.

Our regular shop lifters have beaten up police, doctors and hit places while armed. They don't steal the steak and chicken because they are hungry. They spend their days using the metro to go from shop to shop stealing hundreds of £ worth of item EACH day. While employees struggle to pay their bills.

There is very little to deter them

Our cctv and cameras don't put then off. The police don't do anything. Of they do get arrested they get checked in and let go. I hope they eventually get what they deserve.

The collapse of civilisation begins with pilfered meat and jogging pants.

They take Les Miserable very seriously over there..

Vive la revolution!

"The collapse of civilisation begins with pilfered meat and jogging pants. "

More truth in that than most might think..

By *aximum_funMan  over a year ago

West Herts

I saw a documentary about this French guy who served 19 years hard labour for stealing a loaf of bread to give to his sister's starving children.

Sunderland

They must be starving when they steal whole rails of clothes in M&S and take holdalls to fill in B&Q....

» Add a new message to this topic