FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Friends (not the Sitcom)

Friends (not the Sitcom)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ensuallover1000 OP   Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Good folks of FAB:

Outside of this site, in the ‘real’ world so to speak, do you like to or else perhaps do you tend to surround yourself with a large circle of friends or else do you prefer a smaller, more intimate number?

For clarification purposes, this is not a question regarding your social popularity, rather your personal preferences.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have a circle of zero friends out in the real world. I wrecked my circle through years of overworking, and passing up social gatherings. This led to drifting apart so badly we don’t even speak anymore. All I can claim now is a bunch of minor acquaintances. Nobody I could truly call a friend.

Decent selection of mates , however certain things only get spoken about in a very small circle of very close friend

By *ingerbeardman-Man  over a year ago

Sutton-in-Ashfield

All my closest friends live overseas these days, so it's usually just me and my partner on the daily!

I “know of” a lot of people but I wouldn’t call many a friend.

Outside of this “world” we don’t have many, what we would class as, friends.

Our circle is very small, by our choice.

We don’t have time for drama and conflict. We found most of our group loved social media etc, which we don’t.

We both prefer it this way.

Mrs

By *ucks Couple UKCouple  over a year ago

Bucks

We have a large circle of local friends and most of them have kids at the same schools as ours.

We also have the long term friends from uni days who are scattered all over the globe these days but we still stay in close contact with.

I have found that social media has made staying in personal contact more of a challenge (not the right word but hey ho) because you tend to know what they’ve been up to (or had for dinner) because of their posts. I find I have to make myself send a “how are you?” message to find out what’s really going on in their lives.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I have two friends and several good acquaintances.

I'm quite a private person, probably have a very narrow definition of what a friend is and won't make promises I can't keep which limits numbers when it comes to friends but I'm happy

By *istyPeaksCouple  over a year ago

braintree

Very very small.

I don’t trust easily. But if you get me I am fiercely loyal (and sometimes just fierce).

I’ve actually made a friend on here who I think (and hope) will fall into my friend for life category. Maybe I’m getting softer as I get older

By *old HoopsWoman  over a year ago

Near Chester

I have a handful of what I'd call close friends. We don't see or talk to each regularly, but if called on they'd be there in a heartbeat and vice versa.

I consider myself to have two 'close' friends and one of which I could talk to about anything with no judgement and trust 100%

By *ull English with teaMan  over a year ago

London

Smallish circle and has got smaller over the years. But they’ve been friends a long time and will be for life. I have different pockets of friend groups - university, school, ex work plus a few randoms that I picked up along the way! One of my best friends emigrated to Australia with his wife a couple of years ago and I’ve found that tough.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Incredibly small circle here, and they're all quite far away which makes actually seeing them a pain

LvM

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

Actual friends as in close circle. None these days.

My friendships are mostly from varying rings outside the inner circle. The first of which are not even local, some not even in this country.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've always kept my circle small. I don't have any friends from school because that friendship was always one-sided and even though I was there for them during difficult times none of them were ever there for me.

I've never classed work colleagues as friends and didn't know very much about most of them outside the working environment.

The people I spend most time with now are from my hiking group because we have a lot in common.

There has been crossover between fab and real life as some of my best friends are people I've met through here and even though a lot of them are no longer on the site we still keep in touch.

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Friends are there for fucking over…. apparently!

I prefer to have a smaller social circle as I find most people behave exactly as I expect them to, and they irritate me.

By *iromancergirl1Woman  over a year ago

bolton

I have 4 close friends 2 of them since primary school age

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

A small and intimate number of confidantes for me. I feel that my trust levels are more concentrated and manageable with fewer cherished friends as opposed a wider retinue of acquaintances.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

I have a few close friends that mean alot to me .

My best mate I've been friends with since big school ,over 37 years now .

What an interesting and enlightening thread, I always thought I was in the minority. I have 4 very close friends and about 30 or so that I see now and again .

But I know people who collect them like stamps , meet them once and invite them to be friends on Facebook etc - I by the way have 39 friends on face book and only have people on their that I speak too

I would like to say that I have no friends on here by choice , but us single straight guys Know that’s not true ????

I keep my circle small, deliberately. The ones I have are really special people, and I know if I needed them, they’d come through for me, and vice versa - I’d drop whatever I was doing to help them.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

I have very few actual friends, and no friendship group.

I know lots of people, but not many people really know me.

I only have one person I truly class as a friend, and plenty of acquaintances who call me a friend

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I’ve a lot of really good friends. Some I’ve known from my teenage years. One thing I seem to have inherited from my mum is an ability to keep in contact with them all.

By *ong-leggedblondWoman  over a year ago

Next Door

I've culled lots of my so called friends over the past year or so. And I feel happier since I've done this. I've now a very small circle.

I've met quite a few new people over the past year, some nice friendships growing.

I've a few people on here that are becoming good friends

By *lderflowerappleWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

I have many 'real world' acquaintances and people who call themselves my friends, but rarely act how I consider friends should. I can count the number of people I consider to be real friends on one hand.

It seems that the single girl becomes persona non grata in a social circle where everyone else is coupled up or has kids, and it gets tiresome being the only one who makes an effort to maintain the friendship. And then this problem is magnified when you move away with work and have to start all over again...

If it weren't for fab, I probably wouldn't have any real social life at all, and I consider a couple of people I've met through here to be wonderful friends.

I’ve had both. And enjoyed both size circles of friends, but recently I have only a few. And it’s all I need right now.

By *reyToTheFairiesWoman  over a year ago

Carlisle usually

I thinknof myself as having a very small circle. But I don't. More I have a small inner circle and a number of comets, who are everything when nearby but we can go years without contact in between.

» Add a new message to this topic