FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Is flirting obvious enough for you?

Is flirting obvious enough for you?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do we all have those type of moments when you feel you might have missed an opportunity with someone?

Did you send out the right signals and let’s them know you were into them? Or were you too subtle that they would never have known?

Or, did you find out sometime later that the one you thought wasn’t interested, really was and you just didn’t pick up those signals, and when you realised it’s too late?

I’m talking about the ones that get away. Who’s to blame for that? Or like me do you just think it’s circumstances?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *haggydogMan  over a year ago

Brooklands/London

I am naturally flirty. And a lot of women I know, are similar in that respect. It's just flirting though. I never take it as anything other than that.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

I'm completely oblivious to "flirting"

Much prefer the direct approach x

By *aughty kittensCouple  over a year ago

In And Around The

I love to flirt and find it really sexy. Sometimes it just eye contact but it does give me a lift.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m a Gemini so flirting is in my blood….. some people can take it as more than flirting and some don’t it’s how you take it ( the flirting that is )

"I'm completely oblivious to "flirting"

Much prefer the direct approach x"

So you’d prefer something like - Sparkle, I’d love to be lucky enough for you to let me climb I’ll over you naked giving you all the orgasms you could handle!

That type of thing?

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I'm completely oblivious to "flirting"

Much prefer the direct approach x

So you’d prefer something like - Sparkle, I’d love to be lucky enough for you to let me climb I’ll over you naked giving you all the orgasms you could handle!

That type of thing? "

That works x

"I love to flirt and find it really sexy. Sometimes it just eye contact but it does give me a lift. "

Eye contact where you can feel the heat in your chest… oh yes.

"I’m a Gemini so flirting is in my blood….. some people can take it as more than flirting and some don’t it’s how you take it ( the flirting that is ) "

Well at least I know I can blame it on my star sign too.

Flirting is easy and a bit of fun, I genuinely just think it's a giggle and assume nothing more, which is why I'm basically oblivious if someone actually wants more

I’m terrible at picking up signals thanks to my neurodivergent brain!

"I’m a Gemini so flirting is in my blood….. some people can take it as more than flirting and some don’t it’s how you take it ( the flirting that is ) "

I still give them it even if they don’t want it (the flirting that is )

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

Flirting, crikey that’ll never catch on.

I’m a massive flirt but I can never tell if someone is flirting with me or if they’re just a nice person. So I never shoot my shot because how embarrassing is rejection

"I’m a massive flirt but I can never tell if someone is flirting with me or if they’re just a nice person. So I never shoot my shot because how embarrassing is rejection "

Playing it safe is just that Steve, we stay in the safe zone whilst the others are home soon I g fun on all the rides.

The problem is differentiating between flirting with intention and friendly flirting with no intention. It’s mixed signals so some people just don’t take it further incase it’s not with intention. I’ve never had anyone say to me oh I used to like you. So not something I’ve experienced. I’ve definitely experienced the flirting without intent, probably more than the with intent.

"The problem is differentiating between flirting with intention and friendly flirting with no intention. It’s mixed signals so some people just don’t take it further incase it’s not with intention. I’ve never had anyone say to me oh I used to like you. So not something I’ve experienced. I’ve definitely experienced the flirting without intent, probably more than the with intent. "

Yup yup, I think nowadays it's even more rife with complexity from my position, so I'll always assume it means nothing than risk the potential fall out of getting it wrong.

"The problem is differentiating between flirting with intention and friendly flirting with no intention. It’s mixed signals so some people just don’t take it further incase it’s not with intention. I’ve never had anyone say to me oh I used to like you. So not something I’ve experienced. I’ve definitely experienced the flirting without intent, probably more than the with intent. "

Sparkle above said about needing it a bit more direct, i can understand that. And maybe we all do, and sometimes the ‘mixed signals’ are when we think there’s something there, and it’s not. It’s just friendliness.

I just expect everyone wants to shag me, so I'm good with that.

"I’m a massive flirt but I can never tell if someone is flirting with me or if they’re just a nice person. So I never shoot my shot because how embarrassing is rejection "

You flirt? Noooo??!?!

By *ayHaychMan  over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

I have no clue when it comes to flirting unless it is direct and obvious.

In one job I was told “oh xxx is in to you she’s always flirting with you” and wasn’t believed by my colleagues when I said this was totally untrue. At a different place I was just a close friend to a woman but apparently I was flirting all the time according to her.

It can really go right over my head and as a guy I don’t want to assume there is more to something than there is, and make someone else uncomfortable.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I'm a outrageous flirt! X

By *ixieAndHerKingCouple  over a year ago

Debauchery

I usually need to have the flirt anvil dropped in my head before I even know anyone is interested in me.

It’s probably harder for anyone with autism to know someone is flirting, because it’s so non-verbal.

Hades

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I admit I used to be the world's worst flirt on here but that stopped ages ago when the forum stopped being fun .

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

I'm useless at flirting, I can't tell if someone is attracted to me or just being pleasant. Anybody wanting to hump my bones and bring me to peaks of ecstasy - please just say so in plain language.

I cant flirt lol i try and get tongue tied lol

I have no clue! I don't flirt with anyone myself until I know for sure I want to bang them because my previous attempts at lighthearted flirtation have been taken too seriously and it lead to much awkwardness.

By *ustamanMan  over a year ago

weymouth

Nope rubbish at flirting and reading signals, seems as though I completely missed that part of my education

"I admit I used to be the world's worst flirt on here but that stopped ages ago when the forum stopped being fun ."

You broke it.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Unless someone is sitting there with a big banner saying I fancy you I’m oblivious.

By *asilyled1Man  over a year ago

ogmore valley

It’s a running joke with my friends that I cannot pick up when someone flirts with me. A recent lady had to just literally jump on me,and said after that she was close to giving up as she’d flirted her hardest and I didn’t see it.

"I have no clue! I don't flirt with anyone myself until I know for sure I want to bang them because my previous attempts at lighthearted flirtation have been taken too seriously and it lead to much awkwardness. "

I can also understand this. Awkward can either put a stop to a possible good friendship or stop an existing one.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I am extremely playful with people, but it should all be taken lightheartedly. If I actually want to have sex with him I would tell him. I like clarity as friendships can be muddied far to easily by miscommunicated feelings

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Totally oblivious to any kund of flirting.

By *ames5169Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

I had a colleague I worked with over 30 years ago I flirted like mad with her but never thought she felt the same

Cut to five years ago she found me on LinkedIn and told me she had the hots for me all the time

She was definitely the one that got away

I’m terrible to read I think! I flirt a lot on here but flirting doesn’t mean I want to fuck them. Just like I don’t assume a guy who flirts with me necessarily wants to fuck me.

I need a written confirmation in clear language or I'll think they are just being friendly

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

[Removed by poster at 14/09/22 11:55:08]

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Don't flirt with me, I won't pick up on it or I'll think you're only being nice Just tell me plainly that you want to ride my face and sit on my cock Please and thank you

LvM

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

That's an interesting post OP. Flirting is an indiscernible yardstick for me, either when I'm flirting - successfully or with futility - or being flirted with.

I hate applying nauseating 'false charm' to my 'flirts'. Instead I just try to beguile them with my usual rhetorical nonsense.

In essence, I have no method.

By *MisschiefxTV/TS  over a year ago

London

Hah, oh God no. No not at all.

I couldn't be more blind to flirting if I tried.

Straight over my head - completely oblivious.

I've had some fairly Aggy outcomes too one of whom slapped me for teasing her!!!

On a few occasions I've had frustrated women ask me straight if I'm going to stop fucking about and take them to bed

Personally I think it's better than being "that" bloke that assumes everyone wants to fuck em

By *mily36CWoman  over a year ago

Bedford (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

"I need a written confirmation in clear language or I'll think they are just being friendly "

^^^ this too

By *hePerkyPumpkinTV/TS  over a year ago

Bristol

I'm a moron when it comes to flirting and reading signals, normally I think they're being really friendly and leave it at that.

I basically need to be beat over the head with sign saying, "I'm into you, you dumb fuck!!"

It's a bit of a mixed bag for me

Yes, I flirt for fun on here often and it's not sexual at all. I love a good double entendre or to give out flattery. Which there is a tonne of.... and makes a lie out of all the folk who say fab isn't what it used to be etc

But I'm naturally an introvert so if there's genuine strong attraction, you'd sometimes find me hiding behind my hair depending on my mood

At the end of the day though, if I want it enough I'll front up and seek it out.

Life's too short... yadda yadda

By *ong-leggedblondWoman  over a year ago

Next Door

I have no idea at all, if people are flirting with me and I'm rubbish at flirting also.

I need someone to just come out with it.

Stockport

It seems that the majority of us, at least those posting in this thread, are bloody useless at this flirting thing. We either can't do it, or can't recognise it, or both.

Time to ban flirting I think. Fab is a place where we should all be grown up enough to just outright ask, and to give a plain response, without anyone getting offended (provided it's done in a reasonably polite way).

Oh well then, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Ladies and couples, faf with a trans woman, getting past her sell-by date and slightly depressive? Full details on my profile page, all messages will be answered. Polly by name, Chromatic by nature (nah, that doesn't really work does it?) Xxxxx

"I am extremely playful with people, but it should all be taken lightheartedly. If I actually want to have sex with him I would tell him. I like clarity as friendships can be muddied far to easily by miscommunicated feelings"

I know that’s right

By *az2019Man  over a year ago

Yorkshire/stockport

I'm useless at noticing... miss read signals massively.

I didn't even notice my ex wife was flirting/getting My attention for nearly 6 months... totally oblivious.

Good job I already fancied the knickers off her when I did finally twigg... well when she had to blatantly tell me I was a d***head for not knowing.

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

"It seems that the majority of us, at least those posting in this thread, are bloody useless at this flirting thing......"

I was just about to say the same thing, Pølly!

Can you imagine us all doing speed dating... we'd be as much use as tits on a fish.

Nope, we have no idea!

By *agicM53XMan  over a year ago

Orpington

If she doesn't tell me straight to my face "hey ! I want you!" ...than any flirting attempt will be futile on me

I’m crap at picking up hints aha

So anyone fancy dropping me a message and telling me straight?

By *ig_eric_tionMan  over a year ago

IPSWICH

I often miss the signs. Even more frustrating when you realise and its too late. But if they were direct I probably wouldn't believe them.

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I only do it with intention...causes less confusion over mixed messages

"If she doesn't tell me straight to my face "hey ! I want you!" ...than any flirting attempt will be futile on me "

How'd you do that online though...

Asking for a friend

By *odgerMooreMan  over a year ago

Carlisle

Depends how the flirting is done - if its done on her knees with a mouthful of my cock - i may pick up on the subtle signals!! Other than that - writing it in the sky with smoke or towing a huge stadium sized banner with the message on might work.

"If she doesn't tell me straight to my face "hey ! I want you!" ...than any flirting attempt will be futile on me

Asking for a friend "

Message me I’ll

Help you out

"Unless someone is sitting there with a big banner saying I fancy you I’m oblivious. "
looking at you I'd say you should assume everyone fancies you unless they blatantly say otherwise

By *cplsMan  over a year ago

Nr Waltham

I'm hopeless, apparently I flirt quite natuarally but I need a billboard posting before I realise she is remotely interested in me. I have chatted to a couple of really lovely ladies on here but not followed up as I dont know if they are interested or just polite. Maybe you know who you are?

By *loki the BoatbuilderMan  over a year ago

Kattegat

Whats flirting, who? Where? What?

Its an untranslatable language for me.

Can't suss out whether a woman was into me, or if she's being just being very friendly, along with my lifelong shyness with opposite sex, especially as I'm getting older, its getting much more challenging to ever over come this horrible dilemma, the Bane of my life

'differentiating between flirting with intention and friendly flirting with no intention.'

That's exactly what I said to my HR manager

Online yes

In person no I am good at reading body language

But always scared to act on it incase I have it wrong

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Online yes

In person no I am good at reading body language

But always scared to act on it incase I have it wrong "

I invariably tend to write off even overt incoming signals as likely innocent, for fear of misreading the displayed intent from another.

(and then rebuke myself for my stupidity later!)

I'm a massive flirt in person because I love the rush of weather it's going to be relayed back

Stockport

"It seems that the majority of us, at least those posting in this thread, are bloody useless at this flirting thing......

I was just about to say the same thing, Pølly!

Can you imagine us all doing speed dating... we'd be as much use as tits on a fish. "

Do fish not have tits? If not, why does the little mermaid wear a bra?

I just tell them

"I just tell them "

I am interested in you x

"I just tell them

I am interested in you x"

Me too x

"I just tell them

I am interested in you x

Me too x"

Monotonous monologue

By *agicM53XMan  over a year ago

Orpington

"If she doesn't tell me straight to my face "hey ! I want you!" ...than any flirting attempt will be futile on me

Asking for a friend "

Send a friend request...than upload a video saying " hey, I want you..."

Asking for a friend

Send a friend request...than upload a video saying " hey, I want you..." "

*takes notes for 'friend'

"I had a colleague I worked with over 30 years ago I flirted like mad with her but never thought she felt the same

Cut to five years ago she found me on LinkedIn and told me she had the hots for me all the time

She was definitely the one that got away "

that’s the sort of thing I was talking about. It’s crazy things like this are missed in life.

» Add a new message to this topic