FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sheeple

Sheeple

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you think we are living with a generation of Sheeple?

People compared to sheep in being docile, foolish, or easily led

For example... if something is plastered heavily over social Media, TV, and, newspapers people (sheeple) will instantly defend it in an unhuman-like manner even if it's preposterous.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

No I don't. Humans en masse are very easily manipulated otherwise wars would never be fought

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

It all started when they cloned Dolly, something must have gotten into the air or water supply.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don’t think human nature has changed much in the last 2 thousand years. Every era has had something you could compare this to, notwithstanding the humankind obsession with Religion which surely is the ultimate expression of this

By *lex.and.SexCouple  over a year ago

Bedale

Do I think humans as a base proposition have become more sheep like?

No

Do I think that as a society we have become very adept, at a government and corporate level, at engineering people into becoming more sheep like, into the consume product, get excited for next product, luxury beliefs, and all that other jazz?

Absolutely.

I actually find the older generations more easily led than the younger ones. Many believe everything they read in the daily mail et al but my sons generation grew up with the internet and look to more than one source. I’m surprised how knowledgeable him and his friends are sometimes, one of them has even become a local councillor at 21.

Yes I do believe so

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

I think there's an old quote somewhere and I paraphrase.

"Individuals and smart, people in a group are stupid"

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"Do you think we are living with a generation of Sheeple?

For example... if something is plastered heavily over social Media, TV, and, newspapers people (sheeple) will instantly defend it in an unhuman-like manner even if it's preposterous."

Do you have any examples?

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Yes I do think so. Definitely

"I think there's an old quote somewhere and I paraphrase.

"Individuals and smart, people in a group are stupid""

Douglas Adams comes close- Never underestimate the stupidity of people in large groups

Paradise, Herts

"I actually find the older generations more easily led than the younger ones. Many believe everything they read in the daily mail et al but my sons generation grew up with the internet and look to more than one source. I’m surprised how knowledgeable him and his friends are sometimes, one of them has even become a local councillor at 21."

Do you? I disagree I think generally it’s the younger generation.

couple, us we him her.

Tbh unless you are French,most people do as instructed.

By *rC99Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I actually find the older generations more easily led than the younger ones. Many believe everything they read in the daily mail et al but my sons generation grew up with the internet and look to more than one source. I’m surprised how knowledgeable him and his friends are sometimes, one of them has even become a local councillor at 21."

I totally agree with this. My parents (more so my mum) believe what the papers or tv print or say and think it's gospel

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Thank their I.T. Teachers perhaps.

I don't agree that older people are more sheep like... it's generally the intellect of the person regardless of their age.....

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

No. Could you imagine this generation trooping off to war with no questions asked?

King's Crustacean

"I actually find the older generations more easily led than the younger ones. Many believe everything they read in the daily mail et al but my sons generation grew up with the internet and look to more than one source. I’m surprised how knowledgeable him and his friends are sometimes, one of them has even become a local councillor at 21.

I totally agree with this. My parents (more so my mum) believe what the papers or tv print or say and think it's gospel "

I don't. So that's 1 all on the old woman does/doesn't front.

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

We have never had more sources of information, chances for education, all kinds of modern technology but in general we never been more stupid...

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"No. Could you imagine this generation trooping off to war with no questions asked?"

If an 'influencer' said it was the right thing to do a lot of them would. Also never underestimate the power of propaganda

couple, us we him her.

"No. Could you imagine this generation trooping off to war with no questions asked?"

They'd be calling just eat for a McDonald's delivery to the front line lol

Paradise, Herts

"I actually find the older generations more easily led than the younger ones. Many believe everything they read in the daily mail et al but my sons generation grew up with the internet and look to more than one source. I’m surprised how knowledgeable him and his friends are sometimes, one of them has even become a local councillor at 21.

I totally agree with this. My parents (more so my mum) believe what the papers or tv print or say and think it's gospel "

Mine don’t

I do none of those things i just sit at the door of my cabin whittling horses chewing straw and playing the banjo between the crys of squeeeeel like a piiiiig

Nah.

The thing with the internet is extreme vocal minorities are to the forefront and distort the coversations.

These extremists also paint anyone who agrees with a majority consensus even of the agreement is reached after critical independent thought as sheeple because it confirms their narrative

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Not any more than at any other time in history. Read Shakespeare's Julius Ceaser and in particular the speeches of Brutus and Mark Antony. We've always been easy to lead as a crowd.

As an aside, why do so many hold this belief that against all reason human nature is markedly different now to what it was when we were young? It always seems to me to be a very flawed, not to mention conceited belief. It only works by believing our subjective experience of the world is universal *and* ignoring the fact that as we age our perception of life and experience levels alter drastically so that we place equal emphasis on the knowledge and experience we had as children and our beliefs then about how life works as our experience now and assume that the difference between the two is the result of the entire world changing, rather than our own viewpoint.

Mr

Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's interesting to me that people are using generalisations to prove that other people will believe everything they see, hear or read ...

Only people that read the Sun and the Daily Mail are woke enough to not be Sheeple.

Liverpool

I totally agree with this. My parents (more so my mum) believe what the papers or tv print or say and think it's gospel

Mine don’t "

I wish my didn't. As at times there can be uncomfortable silences after discussions/debates we've had about them

You a real one

Yep mine do too although my dad is a very smart man usually!

King's Crustacean

"Not any more than at any other time in history. Read Shakespeare's Julius Ceaser and in particular the speeches of Brutus and Mark Antony. We've always been easy to lead as a crowd.

As an aside, why do so many hold this belief that against all reason human nature is markedly different now to what it was when we were young? It always seems to me to be a very flawed, not to mention conceited belief. It only works by believing our subjective experience of the world is universal *and* ignoring the fact that as we age our perception of life and experience levels alter drastically so that we place equal emphasis on the knowledge and experience we had as children and our beliefs then about how life works as our experience now and assume that the difference between the two is the result of the entire world changing, rather than our own viewpoint.

Mr"

Agreed + Every time someone says , 'it's just human nature .' my back ripples.

Swansea

"

"

Is a rippling back a pleasant sensation?

Mr

For me it’s complicated. I think there’s plenty in all generations that don’t really challenge things or accept the fact that our knowledge and understanding of things in society are ever changing and developing rather than fixed. To suggest there are sheeple in any generations does a disservice to the great people that came together and forced great social change. And I think this generations has many. Perhaps many more due to the globalised world and improved social media technologies. Information is so accessible these days and I think lots of people use it to actually challenge dominant groups and dominant ideas in society.

Etc etc. blah blah.

I’ll stop there.

King's Crustacean

"

Is a rippling back a pleasant sensation?

Mr"

Nope.

Social contagion is a very interesting subject. Many examples in history of the madness of crowds.

"No. Could you imagine this generation trooping off to war with no questions asked?

If an 'influencer' said it was the right thing to do a lot of them would. Also never underestimate the power of propaganda "

I really doubt that Gen Z would go off to war in huge numbers. I imagine there would probably be the lowest numbers (even accounting for size of group) joining amongst that age range actually. BUT I acknowledge that could just be my echo chamber talking.

Swansea

"For me it’s complicated. I think there’s plenty in all generations that don’t really challenge things or accept the fact that our knowledge and understanding of things in society are ever changing and developing rather than fixed. To suggest there are sheeple in any generations does a disservice to the great people that came together and forced great social change. And I think this generations has many. Perhaps many more due to the globalised world and improved social media technologies. Information is so accessible these days and I think lots of people use it to actually challenge dominant groups and dominant ideas in society.

Etc etc. blah blah.

I’ll stop there. "

I think this is an important point. We often hear about the negatives of social media but rarely its benefits. There is an argument that human morality is based on a sphere of influence. In a small rural environment of the past our morals extended to family and a small group of people. With the growth of communication this sphere has extended significantly. Now our d*unken antics are no longer only judged by Mrs Mable down the road who saw us staggering home at 3am, by midday all our friends and family have seen the photos. Where once a clothing manufacturer could supply cheap clothes with no questions asked, now, photos of the factory conditions in Bangladesh can get posted on their FB page. Social media has given those who want it a very powerful tool for change and a very powerful tool for our bad behavoir to be judged.

Mr

By *ociable-NottmCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"No. Could you imagine this generation trooping off to war with no questions asked?

They'd be calling just eat for a McDonald's delivery to the front line lol"

Got to check Facebook & insta before I order

Mr

"For me it’s complicated. I think there’s plenty in all generations that don’t really challenge things or accept the fact that our knowledge and understanding of things in society are ever changing and developing rather than fixed. To suggest there are sheeple in any generations does a disservice to the great people that came together and forced great social change. And I think this generations has many. Perhaps many more due to the globalised world and improved social media technologies. Information is so accessible these days and I think lots of people use it to actually challenge dominant groups and dominant ideas in society.

Etc etc. blah blah.

I’ll stop there.

I think this is an important point. We often hear about the negatives of social media but rarely its benefits. There is an argument that human morality is based on a sphere of influence. In a small rural environment of the past our morals extended to family and a small group of people. With the growth of communication this sphere has extended significantly. Now our d*unken antics are no longer only judged by Mrs Mable down the road who saw us staggering home at 3am, by midday all our friends and family have seen the photos. Where once a clothing manufacturer could supply cheap clothes with no questions asked, now, photos of the factory conditions in Bangladesh can get posted on their FB page. Social media has given those who want it a very powerful tool for change and a very powerful tool for our bad behavoir to be judged.

Mr"

It has.

I think it’s mostly in the context of the OP good. It’s a space that can allow challenge and can invite us to learn more about social issues facing communities outside our own.

Swansea

If an 'influencer' said it was the right thing to do a lot of them would. Also never underestimate the power of propaganda

I really doubt that Gen Z would go off to war in huge numbers. I imagine there would probably be the lowest numbers (even accounting for size of group) joining amongst that age range actually. BUT I acknowledge that could just be my echo chamber talking. "

I disagree. They may require different triggers to do so but they're not fundamentally any different from any other generation.

Mr

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I really doubt that Gen Z would go off to war in huge numbers. I imagine there would probably be the lowest numbers (even accounting for size of group) joining amongst that age range actually. BUT I acknowledge that could just be my echo chamber talking. "

They probably wouldn't be looking for cannon fodder this time round anyway.

By *layTimeEssexCouple  over a year ago

Stansted

People have always been docile and easily led and manipulated in groups. Been going on hundreds/thousands of years. Nothing has changed. As somebody said above religion being the obvious example, monarchies around the world, cults, Nazi Germany, Cultural Revolution in China, nationalsm more generally, and communism, etc. Always been the same just manifestation of it changes and the tools. Arguably easier to manipulate people these days with social media and the internet but not even sure that is true.

King's Crustacean

It hurt me when Action Man didn't crawl across the floor like he did on the telly ....... and Tressy? ! Her secret was that you pulled her hair! It didn't grow. Lost all trust...... sad times.

By *layTimeEssexCouple  over a year ago

Stansted

They'd be calling just eat for a McDonald's delivery to the front line lol"

Of course they would. Look at youngsters in Ukraine. Same would happen here if there was a real threat as there was with Nazis. (Well questions were asked in the world wars but the threat was clear so they did - would be same again)

Side note, I think one of the major issues facing us is the price to access academic texts and resources which creates an over reliance on tabloid press clickbait articles or other media as a major source of information for understanding social issues.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"People have always been docile and easily led and manipulated in groups. Been going on hundreds/thousands of years. Nothing has changed. As somebody said above religion being the obvious example, monarchies around the world, cults, Nazi Germany, Cultural Revolution in China, nationalsm more generally, and communism, etc. Always been the same just manifestation of it changes and the tools. Arguably easier to manipulate people these days with social media and the internet but not even sure that is true. "

Before the net people looked to influencial figures for their opinions. An original thinker is rare. Head tribesman, chief of the village, lord of the manor, Khloé Kardashian, nearly everyone looks to someone else for guidance

I really doubt that Gen Z would go off to war in huge numbers. I imagine there would probably be the lowest numbers (even accounting for size of group) joining amongst that age range actually. BUT I acknowledge that could just be my echo chamber talking.

I disagree. They may require different triggers to do so but they're not fundamentally any different from any other generation.

Mr"

Other than possibly their moral view on war?

Again, based only on my social media echo chambers and my friends. So not something I can say for sure

Liverpool

Yep mine do too although my dad is a very smart man usually! "

I like to think mine are quite clever too. Though i sometimes think they believe what they're told or read in the papers or tv because they either don't know where else to look or read for other information or just choose not too

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

I think we have many examples on a daily basis of that description on here.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Mr

Again, based only on my social media echo chambers and my friends. So not something I can say for sure"

It's often the case that moral views on war change once your way of life and customary freedoms are challenged.

Swansea

"Side note, I think one of the major issues facing us is the price to access academic texts and resources which creates an over reliance on tabloid press clickbait articles or other media as a major source of information for understanding social issues.

"

Absolutely. I think any research funded (or even part funded) by tax payers in the form of grants or whatever should be avaliable to the public.

Mr

Mr

Again, based only on my social media echo chambers and my friends. So not something I can say for sure

It's often the case that moral views on war change once your way of life and customary freedoms are challenged.

"

True. I’ll be on the front line of the race war obvs

Tbh, I don’t think going off to war is a good measure of whether we’re a generation of sheeple anyway.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Mr

Tbh, I don’t think going off to war is a good measure of whether we’re a generation of sheeple anyway.

"

Interesting.

I think it's possible to sway attitudes in favour of war where previously there was no appetite for it.

"Side note, I think one of the major issues facing us is the price to access academic texts and resources which creates an over reliance on tabloid press clickbait articles or other media as a major source of information for understanding social issues.

Absolutely. I think any research funded (or even part funded) by tax payers in the form of grants or whatever should be avaliable to the public.

Mr"

I also wish people would actually consider academic research and historical texts on social issues as more valuable sources of information than a year 7 text book or some shit opinion on some media website but that’sa conversation for another day.

Mr

Interesting.

I think it's possible to sway attitudes in favour of war where previously there was no appetite for it."

We live in such a militarised world it would be pretty easy, you’re probably right.

But I think it would take a lot for my friends and I to be swayed at least. #Sheeple

"I think we have many examples on a daily basis of that description on here. "

By *ayHaychMan  over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

Social media and the TV are simply mediums for communication and interaction. I don’t think these really have much to do with it. You would be better off looking into humans, society, group dynamics and conformity.

As for generations pitting against one another…It’s one of the silliest things you’ll ever see.

By *MisschiefxTV/TS  over a year ago

London

"No I don't. Humans en masse are very easily manipulated otherwise wars would never be fought"

This, people haven't changed.

Everyone else is sheeple, everyone else is stupid and everyone else lacks the self awareness I have. Only I'm right and only I can see how it really is. It was better and simpler in my day and younger generations have been ruining society for thousands of years.

We could go into detail about ingroup vs outgroup theory and social identity theory but the bottom line is. Humans are social animals and society is held together by social consensus. This has been the case for as long as humans have had societies.

I would be more worried about the grassle. They will be eaten by the sheeple.

I think we're very easily manipulated, yes.

I suspect the information people get online is just as easily controlled as that in the traditional press, perhaps even more so.

It's crazy that young men can still be motivated to kill for other people's power games.

People who dont listen to tom

Swansea

"

We live in such a militarised world it would be pretty easy, you’re probably right.

But I think it would take a lot for my friends and I to be swayed at least. #Sheeple"

All you need to do is convince people that going to war is the right thing to do, the moral thing. Whether that is fighting for the freedom of their people or to save others from oppression. Anyone looking at the anti war sentiment in the US after Vietnam would never have thought that they would sanction an invasion of a country to fight another guerrilla war until someone flew planes into tower blocks. Suddenly, the idea of invading a country half way around the globe to fight a bunch of guerrillas hidden in caves seemed perfectly reasonable.

The world, or at least the bits of it we are interested in, has been stable enough for long enough that it seems unimaginable it could ever descend into war again - this is a lack of imagination, not a lack of probability.

Mr

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Mr"

They already have to pay to publish their work (which is thousands of pounds), and heaven forbid if there are coloured microscopy work the price shoots up again. It's the publishers that need sorting not the academics.

La la land

People are manipulated in various ways. Just looking at the news as a nation we care so much for a granny that isn't ours, for traditions sake? I mean the amount of royal mugs and teacups I own/inherited is ridiculous, plastered with faces the owners never met. And this is seen by a multitude of generations, so I don't think it is a young Vs old. I think humans in general often have a sense of wanting to belong.

Vive la revolution

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

When I was younger I probably was very sheep like, always following others etc.

Since my 30's I have tried to be the complete opposite and always do things differently etc to most other people.

I don't follow fashion, TV programs, the media and although I like to know what's happening in the world, I take a lot of it with a pinch of salt.

I never worry about something that may not happen IE catching Covid, cost of living, etc. I'll try and make plans if I need to or deal with it if and when it happens.

I believe this is part of the reason I like to dress and go out as Alex, as not many people will do that kind of thing.

But I'm probably strange.

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Not like those independent minded people ignoring propaganda posters during WW1 and WW2

Paradise, Herts

"When I was younger I probably was very sheep like, always following others etc.

Since my 30's I have tried to be the complete opposite and always do things differently etc to most other people.

I don't follow fashion, TV programs, the media and although I like to know what's happening in the world, I take a lot of it with a pinch of salt.

I never worry about something that may not happen IE catching Covid, cost of living, etc. I'll try and make plans if I need to or deal with it if and when it happens.

I believe this is part of the reason I like to dress and go out as Alex, as not many people will do that kind of thing.

But I'm probably strange."

I don’t find any of what you’ve written strange at all. I totally agree. Having said that I do class myself as strange too especially on here.

Went looking for the sheeple head office and ended up in a baaaaarbers

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

There will always be those who follow blindly and question nothing but there are also many people who question everything and still blindly follow all those asking the same questions with their preconceived answers.

I've never been a rebel and always took the middle ground and yet have never tasted alcohol despite and possibly in spite of the fact that every one of my friends were drinkers.

I've never smoked and support a different football team to all my friends for similar reasons.

I've never made a conscious decision to not follow others but it's just in my nature to be more of an individual.

Mr

They already have to pay to publish their work (which is thousands of pounds), and heaven forbid if there are coloured microscopy work the price shoots up again. It's the publishers that need sorting not the academics. "

Personally my opinion, which I accept is not a popular one, is that all knowledge belongs to the people or at least can never solely belong to an individual or organisation or institution. And so making it accessible is hugely important. Research and other academic literature on social issues are less useful in terms of impact if it’s not accessible to people outside of education.

(Not at you Frida but felt like quoting this was the best place for these thoughts for this thread)

Swansea

Mr

They already have to pay to publish their work (which is thousands of pounds), and heaven forbid if there are coloured microscopy work the price shoots up again. It's the publishers that need sorting not the academics. "

I suspect that, as usual, it's about making money. Also, as usual, the ones making the money are unlikely to be the ones doing the work.

Mr

La la land

Mr

They already have to pay to publish their work (which is thousands of pounds), and heaven forbid if there are coloured microscopy work the price shoots up again. It's the publishers that need sorting not the academics.

Personally my opinion, which I accept is not a popular one, is that all knowledge belongs to the people or at least can never solely belong to an individual or organisation or institution. And so making it accessible is hugely important. Research and other academic literature on social issues are less useful in terms of impact if it’s not accessible to people outside of education.

(Not at you Frida but felt like quoting this was the best place for these thoughts for this thread) "

I agree with you, and I'm a massive believer in open access. In all disciplines because some people are in less well off countries and education/knowledge should not be elitist.

La la land

Mr

I suspect that, as usual, it's about making money. Also, as usual, the ones making the money are unlikely to be the ones doing the work.

Mr"

It is and it's the publishers who are the fat cats.

By *aptainhornpipeMan  over a year ago

manchester

For example... if something is plastered heavily over social Media, TV, and, newspapers people (sheeple) will instantly defend it in an unhuman-like manner even if it's preposterous."

What makes you think that manipulation of the masses is something new, we have had mass religion for thousands of years.

Just think of all the things that have been done in the name of religion, inquisitions stonings war crusades.

Do as your told or you will go to hell.

We are all being manipulated, there is always someone benefiting from someone else’s misfortune and often they were the one that caused it.

Very disappointed - nobody has said

Baaaaaaa yet

If you are not a sheep because you don't follow the herd but not a wolf as they are a pack animal and not a lone wolf because you lack the predatory instinct. What am I?

By *MisschiefxTV/TS  over a year ago

London

"If you are not a sheep because you don't follow the herd but not a wolf as they are a pack animal and not a lone wolf because you lack the predatory instinct. What am I?"

Maybe some kind of crustacean?

"If you are not a sheep because you don't follow the herd but not a wolf as they are a pack animal and not a lone wolf because you lack the predatory instinct. What am I?

Maybe some kind of crustacean? "

Rock Lobster!

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Yes. I would say so too, another word for it is also mass formation psychosis.

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"Nah.

The thing with the internet is extreme vocal minorities are to the forefront and distort the coversations.

These extremists also paint anyone who agrees with a majority consensus even of the agreement is reached after critical independent thought as sheeple because it confirms their narrative "

Sounds like a perfect description of the forums to me!

Bedale

[Removed by poster at 13/09/22 23:21:26]

Bedale

"I think there's an old quote somewhere and I paraphrase.

"Individuals and smart, people in a group are stupid""

Tommy Lee Jones - Men in Black

"The person is smart. People are dumb panicky animals"

By *ugarbonkCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

Here's a very interesting documentary for anyone who is interested in how we, as a society, are manipulated by advertising and how this has changed how politics are presented to us.

It was originally shown on the BBC so isn't a conspiracy theory.

Yes we are sheeple in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/DnPmg0R1M04

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

I don't know that now is any different to any other time. Humans can be manipulated and people have always taken advantage of that.

By *ugarbonkCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

"I don't know that now is any different to any other time. Humans can be manipulated and people have always taken advantage of that. "

The difference is to manipulate people used to take a lot of energy where as now you can reach millions with a single ad on social media or a TV 'Program'

"No I don't. Humans en masse are very easily manipulated otherwise wars would never be fought"

This. Humans are pack animals by default. We have a need to fit in with the "PACK" in society. Makes us easily mislead especially when we listen to main stream media.

We are all tribal it's the sheep or the wolf that defines your perceptions.

By *aptain Caveman41Man  over a year ago

Home

"No I don't. Humans en masse are very easily manipulated otherwise wars would never be fought

This. Humans are pack animals by default. We have a need to fit in with the "PACK" in society. Makes us easily mislead especially when we listen to main stream media. "

I laugh at these people who say people are lead by main stream media. While they themselves are lead by the media they read and listen to. Its the height of hypocrisy.

"No I don't. Humans en masse are very easily manipulated otherwise wars would never be fought

This. Humans are pack animals by default. We have a need to fit in with the "PACK" in society. Makes us easily mislead especially when we listen to main stream media. I laugh at these people who say people are lead by main stream media. While they themselves are lead by the media they read and listen to. Its the height of hypocrisy. "

Considering I don't read any media. Have no socials and use Common sense to come to my opinion. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on your above comment.

By *aptain Caveman41Man  over a year ago

Home

This. Humans are pack animals by default. We have a need to fit in with the "PACK" in society. Makes us easily mislead especially when we listen to main stream media. I laugh at these people who say people are lead by main stream media. While they themselves are lead by the media they read and listen to. Its the height of hypocrisy.

Considering I don't read any media. Have no socials and use Common sense to come to my opinion. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on your above comment. "

I don't believe you for one second. people like you write stuff and expect everyone to believe you. how is that any different than what you are saying about people believing everything they hear on main stream media. And again as I said above hypocrisy.

This. Humans are pack animals by default. We have a need to fit in with the "PACK" in society. Makes us easily mislead especially when we listen to main stream media. I laugh at these people who say people are lead by main stream media. While they themselves are lead by the media they read and listen to. Its the height of hypocrisy.

Considering I don't read any media. Have no socials and use Common sense to come to my opinion. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on your above comment. "

Where do you source your information on subjects for your common sense to decide on. Honestly curious here in case that comes across as arsey

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

"Here's a very interesting documentary for anyone who is interested in how we, as a society, are manipulated by advertising and how this has changed how politics are presented to us.

It was originally shown on the BBC so isn't a conspiracy theory.

Yes we are sheeple in my opinion.

https://youtu.be/DnPmg0R1M04"

Not everyone is following the herd tho. I would say that about 60% dont and 40% are followers.

Considering I don't read any media. Have no socials and use Common sense to come to my opinion. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on your above comment. I don't believe you for one second. people like you write stuff and expect everyone to believe you. how is that any different than what you are saying about people believing everything they hear on main stream media. And again as I said above hypocrisy. "

I absolutely expect no-one to believe me. I would actually actively encourage them not to. My opinion is the conclusion i have came to. Right or wrong? I dont actually know, but its my honest opinion. I would ask anyone to do their own reading and come to their own conclusion.

Granted if that conclusion isn't aligned with what I came to I'd ask questions hoping for an open debate.

My opinion is 100% always open to change if I'm presented with a feasible alternative.

Considering I don't read any media. Have no socials and use Common sense to come to my opinion. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on your above comment.

Where do you source your information on subjects for your common sense to decide on. Honestly curious here in case that comes across as arsey"

Common sense... Prince Andrew questioned on accusations of activity with minors.. Jimmy Saville accusations of abuse of minors... Neither ever charged, so according to the justice system both innocent. My Common sense thinks both guilty. So look at a situation with constructive criticism and come to your own conclusion.

Hope that's an acceptable answer for you mate??.

Considering I don't read any media. Have no socials and use Common sense to come to my opinion. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on your above comment. I don't believe you for one second. people like you write stuff and expect everyone to believe you. how is that any different than what you are saying about people believing everything they hear on main stream media. And again as I said above hypocrisy.

I absolutely expect no-one to believe me. I would actually actively encourage them not to. My opinion is the conclusion i have came to. Right or wrong? I dont actually know, but its my honest opinion. I would ask anyone to do their own reading and come to their own conclusion.

Granted if that conclusion isn't aligned with what I came to I'd ask questions hoping for an open debate.

My opinion is 100% always open to change if I'm presented with a feasible alternative. "

we not the heard type ... We judge our politicians to our values. I argued that point before in the political forums. It fell on deaf ears as usual. If you need someone else telling you what is correct . You a sheep. I choose the sheepdog.

By *haggydogMan  over a year ago

Brooklands/London

My mum believes everything in the daily mail. My nephew believes everything online.

It's all propaganda really.

My Dad is smart, but he thinks I don't like anything. I just question stuff I see, regardless of where it comes from. I stopped reading newspapers about 25 years ago.

Considering I don't read any media. Have no socials and use Common sense to come to my opinion. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on your above comment. I don't believe you for one second. people like you write stuff and expect everyone to believe you. how is that any different than what you are saying about people believing everything they hear on main stream media. And again as I said above hypocrisy.

My opinion is 100% always open to change if I'm presented with a feasible alternative. we not the heard type ... We judge our politicians to our values. I argued that point before in the political forums. It fell on deaf ears as usual. If you need someone else telling you what is correct . You a sheep. I choose the sheepdog. "

Judging on values is the exact reason I don't vote. There is no political party whom I can fully align to. I agree with aspects of all from tory, greens to SNP but there are policies from each I don't agree with. Many of my argue with me that I should vote in SNP to Scotland as I agree most with their leanings. Only to vote another party at next election.

FUCK OFF is my answer. Until their is a party I can fully agree with. My no vote is a protest.

With my political opinion. I see myself as a lone wolf not a sheep. I am not willing to passively accept a sub standard political leaning just to stay in touch with societies view of acceptance

"My mum believes everything in the daily mail. My nephew believes everything online.

It's all propaganda really.

My Dad is smart, but he thinks I don't like anything. I just question stuff I see, regardless of where it comes from. I stopped reading newspapers about 25 years ago.

"

Answer every single question with a question is what I've been taught.

If we don't stick to our opinions in a time of question, they become hobbies not opinions.

Absolutely! And don't get me started! The media are out to feed us the bullshit that sheeple just lap right up. Why? Cos sheeple love it, and the media want to sell advertising space. The more sheeple lap up bs, the more advertising space is worth

"With my political opinion. I see myself as a lone wolf not a sheep. I am not willing to passively accept a sub standard political leaning just to stay in touch with societies view of acceptance "
love

As an older woman this doesn't apply to me. I'm always curious and enjoy research

By *aitonelMan  over a year ago

Liverpool

It's rather funny really. Sheeple gets thrown around, by those that generally consider themselves critical thinkers. When in reality they are far from it and in fact are "Sheeple" themselves just following a different narrative.

They blindly buy in to their conspiracy of choice just as easily as those that choose to follow the mainstream. Hell, a good chunk of them would not understand the facts presented to them regardless of what the subject is.

Deciding to rebel against "mainstream" does not make you a critical thinker it just makes you a "Sheeple" to a different opinion, just as much as choosing to follow the mainstream does not make you a "Sheeple".

Sheeple of a different coat. Critical thinking is so much more, iit involves. The ability to consider all facts, all opinions, all angles of a given subject is what makes a critical thinker.

Billy Bob, Jethro, and Cledus Jr with their flat earth, birds don't exist, and anti-vaxx (general, not limited to covid) would not understand the basic analysis needed nevermind be able to do so on a critical level.

"It's rather funny really. Sheeple gets thrown around, by those that generally consider themselves critical thinkers. When in reality they are far from it and in fact are "Sheeple" themselves just following a different narrative.

They blindly buy in to their conspiracy of choice just as easily as those that choose to follow the mainstream. Hell, a good chunk of them would not understand the facts presented to them regardless of what the subject is.

Deciding to rebel against "mainstream" does not make you a critical thinker it just makes you a "Sheeple" to a different opinion, just as much as choosing to follow the mainstream does not make you a "Sheeple".

Sheeple of a different coat. Critical thinking is so much more, iit involves. The ability to consider all facts, all opinions, all angles of a given subject is what makes a critical thinker.

Billy Bob, Jethro, and Cledus Jr with their flat earth, birds don't exist, and anti-vaxx (general, not limited to covid) would not understand the basic analysis needed nevermind be able to do so on a critical level. "

Personally I'm not rebellious towards main stream media, but please forgive me for choosing not to believe a system that has been on many occasions found to be spreading lies.

If you had a work colleague who you caught lying to you once? Would you believe anything they said ever again?

I wouldn't.

So what is the difference here?

I prefer to base my opinions on a conclusion of many different sources independent and main stream. Critical thinking is not all conspiracy. It's about reading many many different opinions and coming to your own conclusions.

I assume through Critical thoughts that you believe prince Andrew is innocent and that Gareth Williams managed to lock himself in a suitcase without anyone else's DNA being present? Or am I too much of a critical thinker with that opinion??

"With my political opinion. I see myself as a lone wolf not a sheep. I am not willing to passively accept a sub standard political leaning just to stay in touch with societies view of acceptance love

"

By *g1231974Man  over a year ago

wetherby

Perhaps there are just many more ways of spreading theories and viewpoints than there has been previously...

"Perhaps there are just many more ways of spreading theories and viewpoints than there has been previously..."

Exactly. We are in the age of information. Ignorance is a choice

wetherby

"Perhaps there are just many more ways of spreading theories and viewpoints than there has been previously...

Exactly. We are in the age of information. Ignorance is a choice "

I'd more say that ignorance is an opportunity for some...

"Perhaps there are just many more ways of spreading theories and viewpoints than there has been previously...

I'd more say that ignorance is an opportunity for some..."

How do u mean?

wetherby

How do u mean? "

Whatever theories are spread, however wild, can only be taken up if there are people willing to take them on without questioning them...

How do u mean?

Whatever theories are spread, however wild, can only be taken up if there are people willing to take them on without questioning them..."

As is relevant to MSM. We should always question everything in my opinion

wetherby

How do u mean?

Whatever theories are spread, however wild, can only be taken up if there are people willing to take them on without questioning them...

As is relevant to MSM. We should always question everything in my opinion "

I agree however there is much more opportunity to spread wild theories nowadays than there ever has been. Let's face it, social media has afforded the opportunity for 'flat earthers' to resurrect themselves after centuries!

How do u mean?

I agree however there is much more opportunity to spread wild theories nowadays than there ever has been. Let's face it, social media has afforded the opportunity for 'flat earthers' to resurrect themselves after centuries!"

Social media is a curse I agree. Hence I don't have it. But looking at a wide range of opposing opinions and coming to your own conclusion is surely better than buying one news paper, reading one outlet or watching one news channel.

wetherby

How do u mean?

I agree however there is much more opportunity to spread wild theories nowadays than there ever has been. Let's face it, social media has afforded the opportunity for 'flat earthers' to resurrect themselves after centuries!

Social media is a curse I agree. Hence I don't have it. But looking at a wide range of opposing opinions and coming to your own conclusion is surely better than buying one news paper, reading one outlet or watching one news channel. "

I'd agree but there's a significant nd vocal minority who don't follow that system and many more who end up believing what they read...

How do u mean?

Social media is a curse I agree. Hence I don't have it. But looking at a wide range of opposing opinions and coming to your own conclusion is surely better than buying one news paper, reading one outlet or watching one news channel.

I'd agree but there's a significant nd vocal minority who don't follow that system and many more who end up believing what they read..."

Again I agree. But why is it only people who don't have the MSM opinion that are ridiculed for their views without asking why they came to whatever conclusion.

By *leased2meetUMan  over a year ago

manchester

Do you think we are living with a generation of Sheeple?

Being half Welsh..I do hope so x

wetherby

How do u mean?

I'd agree but there's a significant nd vocal minority who don't follow that system and many more who end up believing what they read...

Again I agree. But why is it only people who don't have the MSM opinion that are ridiculed for their views without asking why they came to whatever conclusion. "

I was more referring to some who reach fairly extreme conclusions especially when they totally lack consistency.

Don't forget the group that were convinced that 3g phones would kill us all. When the 4g network was proposed they used their 3g devices to tell us all that 4g would kill us... when 5g was proposed they used their 4g devices to tell us that 5g would kill us...

By *ames-77Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Definitely living in a generation of weak minded pussies

For example... if something is plastered heavily over social Media, TV, and, newspapers people (sheeple) will instantly defend it in an unhuman-like manner even if it's preposterous.

Definitely living in a generation of weak minded pussies "

agreed. Tik tok Facebook the look at me generation.

By *ames-77Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Definitely living in a generation of weak minded pussies agreed. Tik tok Facebook the look at me generation."

The dumbed down generation intentionally crested.. lack of skilled profession more "look at me interview a girl on the street" social media .. tragic

» Add a new message to this topic