FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you remember people who made an impact

Do you remember people who made an impact

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do they matter because they mattered or are they lost to the sands of time and lost memories never to be thought about again

Do any of you care the impacts you make on people

Be ot family old friend or the little old lady you helped accross a street one time

This is the one thing i struggle with in my head

Did or do i make a difference on this world

To me life is as simple as memory

Im just nattering on feel free to ignore my rambling gobbledigooks

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I probably should, but I don't think I do

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You’re weird when you’re serious. But I like it though

By *tarflyLouWoman  over a year ago

Preston

I do remember and value them. I love the people who cross our paths really briefly but you know you’ll remember forever

If someone mattered to me at any time in my life, then I won't ever forget them, or why they mattered in the first place.

Thats not to say my opinion of them will remain the same though.

I care about the impact I have on others. Making a difference in the world. It’s why I do the jobs I do. Making a positive impact is hard but worth it.

And yes I remember the people that have impacted me.

Ps im not doing the back n forth debate thing im just being nosey is all good or bad happy or sad

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've been a carer from the age of 12 but until I turned 40 I don't give any thought to making a difference.

Then I fell ill for 8 months and started to question everything especially my role in life.

I spent the best part of 10 years focused on not only making a difference but on why I felt I needed to have an impact. I could never decide which was more important, needing to be wanted or wanting to be needed.

In the space of a few months either side of my 50th birthday a number of personal things happened that turned everything on its head.

Following that there has never been any thought of how or why.

I know I do and have always done and that's who I am and there's no more second guessing.

And yes steve me being serious is weird

By *elisandre300Woman  over a year ago

dontbefuckingnosey

I lost a good friend to suicide when I was in my early twenties.

From that point on I’ve always tried to be there for anyone who needed me.

Have I made an impact…?

I don’t know.

But I’d like to think that I have.

Revived cos of the new fab rule

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Revived cos of the new fab rule"

New fab rule?

"Revived cos of the new fab rule

New fab rule?"

the one on the other thread about look after threads welfare

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Whilst there are those people who have a greater impact and leave lasting impressions in our lives, I believe that everyone we meet, no matter how fleeting has at least some impact.

….unless one is a complete hermit and lives in a cave of course

A bit of a serious post for me but it might shock you all to know that I wasn’t exactly well behaved in school… I had one teacher that seemed to see something in me that other teachers didn’t and she always used to come and talk to me one on one and treat me like an adult when other teachers would just talk down to me.

It made a massive difference to how I was in her classes and she always got the best out of me.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

Yes, I very much remember those who have had a major impact in my life, for better or worse.

I like to think I make a positive impact on (some) others, but I'm not sure you ever really know!

Yeah I think about most of them.

Thought we'd be connected forever. Lifes funny like that.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I care about the impact I have on others. Making a difference in the world. It’s why I do the jobs I do. Making a positive impact is hard but worth it.

And yes I remember the people that have impacted me. "

I agree with this.

The details might fade but the impact lives on in your present & future - iron sharpens iron. Same for the people I’ve impacted. Never underestimate the power of your influence and role modelling on others lives.

I make sure I keep certain people in my life in some capacity if they have been instrumental in my growth & development even if they live thousands of miles away. Christmas card lists, making effort to attend their important events etc. they are like little diamonds

By *orkshireDrifterMan  over a year ago

Nafferton, nr Driffield.

Why suddenly is everything having an 'impact'?

They may also be having an effect?

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

I'd like to think the people who have made any meaningful impact are still in my life. Only one that isn't is my old History teacher I had for GCSE. He was so influential in shaping my thoughts and how I approach topics in everyday life that it made more impact than he maybe could've realised.

People can also impact you negatively though and I do remember the people who caused my self doubt, my defence mechanisms, and my worries of how I come across and maybe remember them more than anyone else in my past

By *ally_be_coolWoman  over a year ago

Norwich

It's really important to me to feel like I've been something to someone, even for a minute, an hour or a day. And I remember the people who were there for me too. Funnily a guy I met on Fab years ago just happened to be there when my whole life came crashing down around me, and he couldn't have done more for me despite no obligation at all. I think of him fondly all the time, and others who passed fleetingly through my life in times need.

I do, vivid memories. I'll never forget.

I hope I have made that impact on someone. I like to think so, but who knows.

By *arah_cd_4funTV/TS  over a year ago

Ashford

I always remember my old physics teacher, his enthusiasm made the lessons really interesting and got me hooked on all things science.

Even years after school we'd see him in the pub on the weekends and have a beer or two with him. Sadly he passed away recently but I'll always remember him. Xxx

I do, I remember it very well when I met the best friend for the very first time and I shattered his windscreen with my chin as he ran me over.

Are we talking of a different type of impact?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Sadly I’m about to lose one. I have a very broken family from the corners of the globe.

I recently got back into contact with my dead Mums adopted sister. She spent the last two years making up for lost time and has squeezed so much in for me. Making me and my brothers some scrap books of our mothers past and deeper family ties. Also securing us a family inheritance despite no blood ties.

And now I’m losing this beautiful lady to leukaemia. In two years she has left such a mark that I will remember her forever. A force of nature

"Sadly I’m about to lose one. I have a very broken family from the corners of the globe.

I recently got back into contact with my dead Mums adopted sister. She spent the last two years making up for lost time and has squeezed so much in for me. Making me and my brothers some scrap books of our mothers past and deeper family ties. Also securing us a family inheritance despite no blood ties.

And now I’m losing this beautiful lady to leukaemia. In two years she has left such a mark that I will remember her forever. A force of nature "

thats terrible news but one hell of an impact

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

"If someone mattered to me at any time in my life, then I won't ever forget them, or why they mattered in the first place.

"

This for me. And sometimes some people make a lasting impression for all the wrong reasons.

"If someone mattered to me at any time in my life, then I won't ever forget them, or why they mattered in the first place.

This for me. And sometimes some people make a lasting impression for all the wrong reasons."

like matt smith and his sex wrinkles

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

It gives me some comfort to think I may have had a positive impact. It also leaves me really uncomfortable thinking the opposite.

For me, having a positive influence no matter how brief gives my existence a sense of purpose and that is all I can hope for.

And yes, I do remember those who made a difference, even if they don't remember me or what they did.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I remember most people that were in my life good and bad.

Makita make a good impact…..

Sorry haven’t read it all ??

Sometimes for me it’s people I don’t necessarily like have made a positive impact as they have had something!

Simplified, the answer is no.

Secondary school teacher. Brilliantly clever, kind and funny. Made me believe in myself a bit more. I was in tears not so long ago when I learned he had developed Alzheimers when still pretty young.

The only impact I made is made you use the words anus, Ford Fiesta and watermelon is the same sentence

"The only impact I made is made you use the words anus, Ford Fiesta and watermelon is the same sentence "
only anus fiesta and watermelon are yours

"The only impact I made is made you use the words anus, Ford Fiesta and watermelon is the same sentence only anus fiesta and watermelon are yours"
omg you got me to do it

I know I have made an impact on the lives of others. Some welcomed, some not so but they had it coming.

» Add a new message to this topic