FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Why?

Why?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Why don't we have a middle finger emoji on here?

I bet it would be the most used in the history of Fab.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Why don't we have a middle finger emoji on here?

I bet it would be the most used in the history of Fab."

Probably because of that.

C

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don’t think it would be good

Better to try and be nice to everyone

As you never know what can happen

You could bump in to sed person at a social or a club

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Then one release that one’s been nasty to the other before and puts them right off

"I don’t think it would be good

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Then one release that one’s been nasty to the other before and puts them right off "

Who says it's nasty?

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

It used to be on other apps but got taken off

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Then one release that one’s been nasty to the other before and puts them right off

Who says it's nasty?"

Context isn't important these days it would seem.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sure the mods would love that

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I want a penis emoji; possibly both a flaccid and a full mast/angry one

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?"

Me I don’t think telling people to fuck off is very nice in fact I would probably avoid sed person at all costs

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Me I don’t think telling people to fuck off is very nice in fact I would probably avoid sed person at all costs "

Where did I tell anyone to fuck off?

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Me I don’t think telling people to fuck off is very nice in fact I would probably avoid sed person at all costs

Where did I tell anyone to fuck off?"

Your asking for a middle finger emoji and saying it be the most used emoji on fab

Meaning everyone would be telling everyone to fuck off

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Your asking for a middle finger emoji and saying it be the most used emoji on fab

Meaning everyone would be telling everyone to fuck off "

That's the conclusion you have came to for using that emoji.

I'd use it in jest if for example someone made a point that nullified my point. Finger emoji.

If someone used logic to explain a hypothetical scenario. Finger emoji

If someone sarcastically replied to an answer. Finger emoji.

Context is everything x

By *hilledGuyClactonMan  over a year ago

Little clacton

For a swingers site, surely should`ve eggplant and waves/wet emoji

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?"

Putting the middle finger up is a known insult!

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

I'd use it in jest if for example someone made a point that nullified my point. Finger emoji.

Context is everything x"

But context isn't everything because how do people know whether someone is being insulting or not. Also sarcasm can very easily be misunderstood and for that matter misused.

I’d be banned within minutes.

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Context is everything x

But context isn't everything because how do people know whether someone is being insulting or not. Also sarcasm can very easily be misunderstood and for that matter misused. "

OK fair enough. I do stand corrected. It is hard to interpret context through txt I must admit. But surely a little common sense towards each individual scenario as it unfolds would give us some indication of context?

Surely we can tell the difference in when it's ment as an insult or as a joke?

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

Surely a facepalm emoji would be much better

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Context is everything x

But context isn't everything because how do people know whether someone is being insulting or not. Also sarcasm can very easily be misunderstood and for that matter misused.

OK fair enough. I do stand corrected. It is hard to interpret context through txt I must admit. But surely a little common sense towards each individual scenario as it unfolds would give us some indication of context?

Surely we can tell the difference in when it's ment as an insult or as a joke? "

Common sense doesn't come into it.

We all read things differently and take different things away from a comment. Someone thinking the middle finger emoji is an insult Isn't wrong, Someone else thinking it is a bit of banter also isn't wrong But can you see how messy that could get. Also people can often be really insulting then put a smile or a wink on the end and claim it was a joke. It's best to just leave things how they are to be honest.

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Context is everything x

We all read things differently and take different things away from a comment. Someone thinking the middle finger emoji is an insult Isn't wrong, Someone else thinking it is a bit of banter also isn't wrong But can you see how messy that could get. Also people can often be really insulting then put a smile or a wink on the end and claim it was a joke. It's best to just leave things how they are to be honest. "

I do honestly actually agree with you here. It's a very sticky situation.

I was trying to make the point that everyone is different and that we all have different interpretations of things. I don't think it's right that we cancel certain things because of the risk of offending some when offence is open to interpretation. What may offend me may not offend you and vice versa. I would never call to have what is offensive to me shut down. X

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Context is everything x

We all read things differently and take different things away from a comment. Someone thinking the middle finger emoji is an insult Isn't wrong, Someone else thinking it is a bit of banter also isn't wrong But can you see how messy that could get. Also people can often be really insulting then put a smile or a wink on the end and claim it was a joke. It's best to just leave things how they are to be honest.

I was trying to make the point that everyone is different and that we all have different interpretations of things. I don't think it's right that we cancel certain things because of the risk of offending some when offence is open to interpretation. What may offend me may not offend you and vice versa. I would never call to have what is offensive to me shut down. X"

It hasn't been cancelled here because it's never been a thing. If there is a potential for something to be miss used and let's be honest it will be then why have it? I think if you are going to use sarcasm or "use banter" That has the potential to offend then you should only do so if you know the person it is intended for. That way it is less likely misunderstandings can happen. It's not shutting you down if somebody says they are offended by something you say then you should probably just apologise or explain what you meant. If you have the right to be offensive then someone else has the right to be offended.

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Context is everything x

I was trying to make the point that everyone is different and that we all have different interpretations of things. I don't think it's right that we cancel certain things because of the risk of offending some when offence is open to interpretation. What may offend me may not offend you and vice versa. I would never call to have what is offensive to me shut down. X

It hasn't been cancelled here because it's never been a thing. If there is a potential for something to be miss used and let's be honest it will be then why have it? I think if you are going to use sarcasm or "use banter" That has the potential to offend then you should only do so if you know the person it is intended for. That way it is less likely misunderstandings can happen. It's not shutting you down if somebody says they are offended by something you say then you should probably just apologise or explain what you meant. If you have the right to be offensive then someone else has the right to be offended. "

Again totally agree. No emoji has context. Every last one of them can be used in a sarcastic manner within the right context. Wouldn't you agree?

So is there any real difference between the rolling eye emoji and the "really" emoji . These can both be used in the same situation for the most part but can have totally different meaning to the person interpreting them. Would you agree here also?

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Context is everything x

It hasn't been cancelled here because it's never been a thing. If there is a potential for something to be miss used and let's be honest it will be then why have it? I think if you are going to use sarcasm or "use banter" That has the potential to offend then you should only do so if you know the person it is intended for. That way it is less likely misunderstandings can happen. It's not shutting you down if somebody says they are offended by something you say then you should probably just apologise or explain what you meant. If you have the right to be offensive then someone else has the right to be offended.

Again totally agree. No emoji has context. Every last one of them can be used in a sarcastic manner within the right context. Wouldn't you agree?

So is there any real difference between the rolling eye emoji and the "really" emoji . These can both be used in the same situation for the most part but can have totally different meaning to the person interpreting them. Would you agree here also?

"

I do And I do use the eye rolling emoji. I use it To show but I don't particularly like or agree with a comment. I also used it as a joke but I would only ever and have only ever used it as a joke with people I know personally or have had enough interaction with to know they would know I was joking.

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Context is everything x

I do And I do use the eye rolling emoji. I use it To show but I don't particularly like or agree with a comment. I also used it as a joke but I would only ever and have only ever used it as a joke with people I know personally or have had enough interaction with to know they would know I was joking. "

Exactly what I'm trying to say. A simple emoji can have more than one meaning. Depending on context.

I personally see this as an issue. U admit using the same emoji in 2 totally different contexts, depending on your relationship with them. 1 For banter towards friends and other to dismiss random people. Surely you can see my point here on how a finger emoji isn't the problem??? X

_|_

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Context is everything x

I do And I do use the eye rolling emoji. I use it To show but I don't particularly like or agree with a comment. I also used it as a joke but I would only ever and have only ever used it as a joke with people I know personally or have had enough interaction with to know they would know I was joking.

Exactly what I'm trying to say. A simple emoji can have more than one meaning. Depending on context.

I personally see this as an issue. U admit using the same emoji in 2 totally different contexts, depending on your relationship with them. 1 For banter towards friends and other to dismiss random people. Surely you can see my point here on how a finger emoji isn't the problem??? X"

No I can't see your point that it isn't a problem. Given what we have discussed you could only use it for 2 reasons on this site. One is as an insult which is an appropriate And the other to someone you know well therefore I see it as pointless.

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Context is everything x

I personally see this as an issue. U admit using the same emoji in 2 totally different contexts, depending on your relationship with them. 1 For banter towards friends and other to dismiss random people. Surely you can see my point here on how a finger emoji isn't the problem??? X

No I can't see your point that it isn't a problem. Given what we have discussed you could only use it for 2 reasons on this site. One is as an insult which is an appropriate And the other to someone you know well therefore I see it as pointless. "

So the rolling eye emoji should be removed by that logic according to your previous statement??

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Context is everything x

No I can't see your point that it isn't a problem. Given what we have discussed you could only use it for 2 reasons on this site. One is as an insult which is an appropriate And the other to someone you know well therefore I see it as pointless.

So the rolling eye emoji should be removed by that logic according to your previous statement?? "

No because means disbelief, annoyance, impatience, boredom, or disdain.

The middle finger means fuck off.

You would have to be pretty confident the other person would understand it was a joke if you used it as such.

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Context is everything x

So the rolling eye emoji should be removed by that logic according to your previous statement??

You would have to be pretty confident the other person would understand it was a joke if you used it as such. "

So you have no problem treating others with disdain, or showing impatience, boredom or disbelief. But have a problem with a finger emoji that can be used in the same way. Only more direct instead of the passive aggressive approach. X

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Context is everything x

You would have to be pretty confident the other person would understand it was a joke if you used it as such.

So you have no problem treating others with disdain, or showing impatience, boredom or disbelief. But have a problem with a finger emoji that can be used in the same way. Only more direct instead of the passive aggressive approach. X"

If you do not understand the difference between an eye roll and swearing at someone I can't help you. If you told someone on the forums to fuck off because you disagreed with them you would possibly get a time out and the middle finger is basically the same.

Or even by prue accident

Click hit it off

Who says it's nasty?

Context is everything x

So you have no problem treating others with disdain, or showing impatience, boredom or disbelief. But have a problem with a finger emoji that can be used in the same way. Only more direct instead of the passive aggressive approach. X

If you do not understand the difference between an eye roll and swearing at someone I can't help you. If you told someone on the forums to fuck off because you disagreed with them you would possibly get a time out and the middle finger is basically the same. "

Basically the same. But not quite the same.

It would take a very sensitive soul to report a finger emoji as a fuck off to admin to merit a timeout.

An eyeroll in disdain could be seen as equality offensive to certain people x

By *aughtyAlex2021Woman  over a year ago

Cambridgeshire

Haha....a whole chat about emoji's. I read it all!

She read it all . ^

» Add a new message to this topic