FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Just thinking out loud

Just thinking out loud

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ora the explorer OP   Woman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Not a massive dilemma but lately there have been posts about hijacking threads, cliques etc. Now today I have found myself not answering everyone who have perhaps commented on my comments when I usually would have done, as it may look like a conversation/hijack. Usually shit doesn’t bother me and I just crack on and I’m annoyed with myself that I’ve done this today. If everyone does this and just stuck to the op would it not just be boring?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes

That's directed at the person below me, not the OP

I think it would be better to stay on topic.

most people who hijack theads do it for personal gain and spoil it for the rest who want to have that conversation

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

Bum

"Not a massive dilemma but lately there have been posts about hijacking threads, cliques etc. Now today I have found myself not answering everyone who have perhaps commented on my comments when I usually would have done, as it may look like a conversation/hijack. Usually shit doesn’t bother me and I just crack on and I’m annoyed with myself that I’ve done this today. If everyone does this and just stuck to the op would it not just be boring? "

I've noticed this. We always used to have tangents and conversations within conversations. When did the rules change? I don't get invited to the meetings.

Paradise, Herts

"I think it would be better to stay on topic.

most people who hijack theads do it for personal gain and spoil it for the rest who want to have that conversation"

What do you mean for personal gain though?

Paradise, Herts

"Not a massive dilemma but lately there have been posts about hijacking threads, cliques etc. Now today I have found myself not answering everyone who have perhaps commented on my comments when I usually would have done, as it may look like a conversation/hijack. Usually shit doesn’t bother me and I just crack on and I’m annoyed with myself that I’ve done this today. If everyone does this and just stuck to the op would it not just be boring?

I've noticed this. We always used to have tangents and conversations within conversations. When did the rules change? I don't get invited to the meetings."

Yeah we did. It was a laugh!

Paradise, Herts

"Bum "

Avoid

most people who hijack theads do it for personal gain and spoil it for the rest who want to have that conversation

What do you mean for personal gain though?"

more often than not to flirt with someone they fancy

I like the conversations within the conversations within the conversations, it's more fun.

Up North

"Bum

Avoid "

Hot Johnson

Personally - some are nice when the op replies to all. Like the nocturnal thread. But I get what you mean. Say a thread asking for opinions? If it was me I'd reply to a few and then let everyone else crack on and dip in when I feel I'm not treading on toes.

But then again, I can't help but flirt. Some people don't like taking it to private messages so I try to appreciate that

Paradise, Herts

What do you mean for personal gain though?

more often than not to flirt with someone they fancy

"

But is that a bad thing? I’ve joined threads and given up as it’s become just two people flirting in the end but I don’t think it happens that often.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

I hate Olives

By *ancer36Woman  over a year ago

Stirling

"I like the conversations within the conversations within the conversations, it's more fun."

I agree, so what if you flirt with someone in a thread, christ it’s not high school we aren’t here to be part of some secret gang - I’m openly flirtatious and if I feel like posting something I will, bugger it x

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

If I notice someone doesn't converse with me after a few attempts then I don't bother trying again.

That's Fab.

"I like the conversations within the conversations within the conversations, it's more fun.

I agree, so what if you flirt with someone in a thread, christ it’s not high school we aren’t here to be part of some secret gang - I’m openly flirtatious and if I feel like posting something I will, bugger it x"

Exactly!!

Paradise, Herts

"Personally - some are nice when the op replies to all. Like the nocturnal thread. But I get what you mean. Say a thread asking for opinions? If it was me I'd reply to a few and then let everyone else crack on and dip in when I feel I'm not treading on toes.

But then again, I can't help but flirt. Some people don't like taking it to private messages so I try to appreciate that "

Yeah doing threads is a difficult one too as you feel you should reply to everyone but then you don’t want it to be boring with lots of comments from yourself! Then someone will get upset as you didn’t acknowledge them!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

My personal opinion is that there's a vast difference between broadening out a discussion and just making inane comments because a person either doesn't agree or understand the original post or and this happens quite a bit the op is a young single guy

By *iddlesticksMan  over a year ago

My nan’s spare room.

I find that as a multiple starter of shit threads that it definitely helps when side conversations start.

I often feel I have to try and reply to everybody and then feel like I’m hogging the thread.

The more the merrier I say.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

"I hate Olives "

Me too. We have so much in common.

Paradise, Herts

"I like the conversations within the conversations within the conversations, it's more fun.

I agree, so what if you flirt with someone in a thread, christ it’s not high school we aren’t here to be part of some secret gang - I’m openly flirtatious and if I feel like posting something I will, bugger it x"

Yeah I agree.

Paradise, Herts

"I hate Olives

Me too. We have so much in common. "

And me!

Up North

People need to remember just because they started a thread it’s not ‘theirs’, folk get so protective about ‘their thread’. People can post what the hell they like as long as it’s within site rules. You know it’s been an enjoyable thread when post 175 resembles nothing like the original OP

Den of Iniquity

"I hate Olives

Me too. We have so much in common. "

Haha

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Not a massive dilemma but lately there have been posts about hijacking threads, cliques etc. Now today I have found myself not answering everyone who have perhaps commented on my comments when I usually would have done, as it may look like a conversation/hijack. Usually shit doesn’t bother me and I just crack on and I’m annoyed with myself that I’ve done this today. If everyone does this and just stuck to the op would it not just be boring? "

It may be a case of someone being too intimidated to address the OP publicly? Or feeling as though they are being ignored after attempting to contribute to a thread? I tend to just add my piece and crack on so it doesn't bother me one jot but as an easily butthurt teen I did go through these phases.

P

Paradise, Herts

"People need to remember just because they started a thread it’s not ‘theirs’, folk get so protective about ‘their thread’. People can post what the hell they like as long as it’s within site rules. You know it’s been an enjoyable thread when post 175 resembles nothing like the original OP "

Definitely.

PS this thread is mine so don’t start your nonsense here!

I did a port on this yesterday. More of a humorous side but added the word frustrating for this reason.

"My personal opinion is that there's a vast difference between broadening out a discussion and just making inane comments because a person either doesn't agree or understand the original post or and this happens quite a bit the op is a young single guy "

Hmmm, I could be guilty of the inane comment thing. Usually I'm just cracking a stupid joke. Is that bad etiquette?

By *iss SJWoman  over a year ago

Hull

I’ve been off fab for quite a while and don’t know many of the people in the forums so seeing how they interact with each other helps get a feel for who they are. I can see why new people think it’s a bit cliquey though. Personally I’m not bothered about a bit of back and forth in a thread, I just wish sometimes they’d delete the top part of the post as it gets longer and longer and it takes too long to scroll through the thread and you can miss unrelated posts in between the conversation. I think that also makes people feel ignored and overlooked.

Den of Iniquity

"I hate Olives

Me too. We have so much in common.

And me!"

I know. Tis why I said it

nonsense

nonsense

nonsense

nonsense

By *he_Wite_NiteMan  over a year ago

Usually Dundee and around

"

But then again, I can't help but flirt. "

You, my dear, are an incorrigible flirt!

Paradise, Herts

"I did a port on this yesterday. More of a humorous side but added the word frustrating for this reason. "

Did you? sorry I don’t think I saw it. Did I comment? My memory is crap these days .

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"nonsense

nonsense

nonsense

nonsense"

Hello Alice

"I did a port on this yesterday. More of a humorous side but added the word frustrating for this reason. "

Oh. I did it so it would be hijacked. . Some people got it and some people didn't.

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

The innuendo and known conversations between some is quite nice for me tbh… I’d be a hypocrite if I said any different as I’ve done it myself.. although I’m not in “The” main clique yet

"

But then again, I can't help but flirt.

You, my dear, are an incorrigible flirt!

"

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

You need a gin lady…… and relax

Tit tats ring a bell? Lol im teasing....you crack on and do what you wanna do....that goes for everyone x

Paradise, Herts

"You need a gin lady…… and relax "

Haha. I’ve had a bad week and I’m tetchy.

Paradise, Herts

"Not a massive dilemma but lately there have been posts about hijacking threads, cliques etc. Now today I have found myself not answering everyone who have perhaps commented on my comments when I usually would have done, as it may look like a conversation/hijack. Usually shit doesn’t bother me and I just crack on and I’m annoyed with myself that I’ve done this today. If everyone does this and just stuck to the op would it not just be boring?

Tit tats ring a bell? Lol im teasing....you crack on and do what you wanna do....that goes for everyone x"

Haha yeah that’s one of the threads that made me think

Up North

"You need a gin lady…… and relax "

Or a fruity cider, or whatever the hell she gets given

On a mooch

"You need a gin lady…… and relax

Haha. I’ve had a bad week and I’m tetchy. "

I know, hugs x

Paradise, Herts

Haha. I’ve had a bad week and I’m tetchy.

I know, hugs x "

x

On a mooch

Or a fruity cider, or whatever the hell she gets given "

You are asking for trouble

Paradise, Herts

Or a fruity cider, or whatever the hell she gets given "

Hahahahaha. Useless you are . I drank it though!

I don't mind if people start flirting etc on threads I've started or any other threads unless it gets ridiculous. Doesn't happen often. I do try to answer every contribution on a thread I've started if it's a serious topic eg gaslighting. Otherwise I dip in and out and I'm happy to see where it goes!

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I think it’s usually only fun for the ones involved in the conversation going off tangent to be honest.

A lot of OP’s on threads get a bit moody about it and just walk away from the thread, at a time where a lot of forum users bemoan the fact that threads are all samey. And yet someone (often new) starts a thread and then it’s overrun by mates chatting.

And it’s usually folk who are friends anyway, so why not take it to pm or off site messaging apps?.

I also tend to agree that it’s usually done for flirting reasons or to lamppost piss.

It’s why I rarely go back to threads after I post. Because what’s the point? I’m no Angel I have been known to flirt, but I’m talking the serious take overs. I sometimes inwardly cringe reading them.

I post what’s on my mind about the thread walk away check back if there’s a reply I reply back if not walk away on to the next thread

Soup in a mug for me

Paradise, Herts

"Soup in a mug for me"

Weirdo

I agree.

Hope That Helps......

Reading this I think some people take these forums way, way, way too seriously .

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea….

Paradise, Herts

"Reading this I think some people take these forums way, way, way too seriously . "

I always think that.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"I think it’s usually only fun for the ones involved in the conversation going off tangent to be honest.

A lot of OP’s on threads get a bit moody about it and just walk away from the thread, at a time where a lot of forum users bemoan the fact that threads are all samey. And yet someone (often new) starts a thread and then it’s overrun by mates chatting.

And it’s usually folk who are friends anyway, so why not take it to pm or off site messaging apps?.

I also tend to agree that it’s usually done for flirting reasons or to lamppost piss.

It’s why I rarely go back to threads after I post. Because what’s the point? I’m no Angel I have been known to flirt, but I’m talking the serious take overs. I sometimes inwardly cringe reading them.

"

Agreed. And I've seen recently a few threads where the takeover is done deliberately, to mock or derail the thread by bringing it to 175 faster because they don't agree with the poster.

I don't mind the odd bit of flirting, heck, I've even done it myself before. But posts, upon posts, upon posts (you get the idea) are a bit much.

On the other hand, it's Friday, I finish soon and I'm in a very good mood so fuck it. No point overthinking the forums, they are what they are.

By *ezzelsMan  over a year ago

cheshire and north wales

If you can’t be the poet, be the poem..that’s all I’ll say..x

No idea OP.

I do wonder why so many assume though that just because they start a thread they somehow are in charge of how people respond.

I think I may be a bit hormonal though as I'm more iritated than normal on here yesterday/today so should perhaps make more effort to censor my replies.

Mr

Paradise, Herts

"No idea OP.

I do wonder why so many assume though that just because they start a thread they somehow are in charge of how people respond.

I think I may be a bit hormonal though as I'm more iritated than normal on here yesterday/today so should perhaps make more effort to censor my replies.

Mr"

Haha me too. I’m giving too many fucks recently . It’s coz I’ve been on here a lot coz I can’t go out

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

I’ve definitely noticed a Brigade shut down a thread by spamming it with rubbish if they don’t like the narrative or the person that posted it

Each these is limited to 175 so if you and your cronies decide to spam 50 of them it’s not fair on the OP

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I personally, actively enjoy any thread that I start, going off on multiple, random and bizarre tangents

Paradise, Herts

"I personally, actively enjoy any thread that I start, going off on multiple, random and bizarre tangents "

Me too. Doesn’t bother me at all to be honest

By *andsome HandMan  over a year ago

roundabout

Yes

I look a good deal of banter be that face to face or within other media - chatting in the forums is a slight minefield at times and the OP is right about "hijacking" - so frustrating

The art of communication is lost a little on here because of its purpose ie; Adult Sex Meeting site , so people (sadly mainly men) do not like to engage in conversations

Those who remember the old AFF and UK Chatters site will recall how conversation was encouraged

J ....steps off his soap box

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

It depends on the context of the thread. If it's light hearted then I reckon the side tracking and flirting is completely fine.

But if a guy starts a thread asking why women don't reply to him and 2 people start flirting then you're basically cucking the poor bastard at that point.

roundabout

Someone tell me a joke

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

"Someone tell me a joke"

Knock knock

Who wants some cake??

roundabout

"Who wants some cake??"

I'll take two

roundabout

"Someone tell me a joke

Knock knock "

Who's there?

Can’t actually say I’ve noticed

I try not to comment much.

Paradise, Herts

Can you all hijack the fuck out of this now. I’m bored with it . Too serious for me

Show me ya tightey Whiteys instead

Paradise, Herts

"I try not to comment much.

"

Yeah I like to keep my opinions to myself mostly too.

"Can you all hijack the fuck out of this now. I’m bored with it . Too serious for me

Show me ya tightey Whiteys instead "

no

Paradise, Herts

"Can you all hijack the fuck out of this now. I’m bored with it . Too serious for me

no"

Aw g’wan g’wan g’wan

no

Aw g’wan g’wan g’wan "

nope

Den of Iniquity

Show me ya tightey Whiteys instead "

Yay we can hijack Noras thread ...

Anal anyone

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I've almost given up starting threads not because they go off on a tangent but because one or two people always without fail decide to take it over.

I'm not one for starting threads that require me to reply to everyone because regardless of the topic it's not supposed to be about me. It's an open forum and therefore all opinions are welcome.

It's annoying though when someone decides to reply to everyone as if they were the op and make the thread all about them and their experience, leaving no room for anyone else

Flirting is fine in my opinion but not when it literally fills an entire thread. That just cries out insecurity and a need for validation.

An example is a kiss fuck thread where the op responds to everyone which then turns it into a cockblocking thread.

Paradise, Herts

Anal anyone "

No ta

Den of Iniquity

Anal anyone

No ta "

There seem to be far less posters than I remember from previous times here which maybe makes the cliques seem more obvious.

As for hijacking threads I can't be arsed with people that dictate what you can or can't chat about and given that most of what I write is ignored, well who cares?

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

"The innuendo and known conversations between some is quite nice for me tbh… I’d be a hypocrite if I said any different as I’ve done it myself.. although I’m not in “The” main clique yet "

I'm not in any clique. Maybe I smell?

Paradise, Herts

There seem to be far less posters than I remember from previous times here which maybe makes the cliques seem more obvious.

As for hijacking threads I can't be arsed with people that dictate what you can or can't chat about and given that most of what I write is ignored, well who cares? "

True. If somethings not acceptable the mods sort it not the forum police

Paradise, Herts

"The innuendo and known conversations between some is quite nice for me tbh… I’d be a hypocrite if I said any different as I’ve done it myself.. although I’m not in “The” main clique yet

I'm not in any clique. Maybe I smell?"

Don’t think I am. I don’t lick arse. I’ve a few friends on here. Maybe that qualifies. Who knows!

I agree, so what if you flirt with someone in a thread, christ it’s not high school we aren’t here to be part of some secret gang - I’m openly flirtatious and if I feel like posting something I will, bugger it x

Exactly!! "

I agree and I also admire your bottom

"I think it’s usually only fun for the ones involved in the conversation going off tangent to be honest.

"

Nora you're becoming too serious lately for my liking and me and you need to be having words.....in my bed!

But, on a serious note, since when did all the fun leave half the forum posts on here lately.

Some people are being so bitter, rude,Nit picking and horrible to people

I seriously believe they live so far up their own arses these days they no longer know where the exit is.....

All conversations will naturally go off course whether they are on a fab forum or in the real world, it's normal it happens.

Everyone should be able to say something that they are thinking.

As for cliques on here they will soon dissolve like normal once they have all shagged each other, again thats only natural.

And do I care what people think of me or this post, like shit do I.

I care more about what I should have from the Chinese takeaway later for diner

And as for flirting it should happen more often as it makes people happy

"Nora you're becoming too serious lately for my liking and me and you need to be having words.....in my bed!

But, on a serious note, since when did all the fun leave half the forum posts on here lately.

I seriously believe they live so far up their own arses these days they no longer know where the exit is.....

All conversations will naturally go off course whether they are on a fab forum or in the real world, it's normal it happens.

As for cliques on here they will soon dissolve like normal once they have all shagged each other, again thats only natural.

And as for flirting it should happen more often as it makes people happy "

You had me at Chinese takeaway

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

I kind of agree, it can be a little irksome when an interesting thread becomes dominated by a handful of people blowing smoke up each others arses. But, I'm not bothered enough by anything on here that I can't just scroll on past and ignore it (perhaps after an eye roll and an inward "oh, it's them again, quelle surprise!")

"I've almost given up starting threads not because they go off on a tangent but because one or two people always without fail decide to take it over.

I'm not one for starting threads that require me to reply to everyone because regardless of the topic it's not supposed to be about me. It's an open forum and therefore all opinions are welcome.

It's annoying though when someone decides to reply to everyone as if they were the op and make the thread all about them and their experience, leaving no room for anyone else

Flirting is fine in my opinion but not when it literally fills an entire thread. That just cries out insecurity and a need for validation.

An example is a kiss fuck thread where the op responds to everyone which then turns it into a cockblocking thread. "

Pint

"Nora you're becoming too serious lately for my liking and me and you need to be having words.....in my bed!

You had me at Chinese takeaway "

What do you fancy?

Paradise, Herts

And as for flirting it should happen more often as it makes people happy "

Haha. Nah I was just thinking out loud. I agree though. I think im just getting a bit fed up of posts telling people what they should and shouldn’t do and how they should and shouldn’t behave. I have to stop myself sometimes saying who the fuck are you?!

I’ll be back to my normal self tomorrow. Everyone knows I’m usually a fucking delight to

have around

Anal anyone "

Ewwwww bad Grumpy

Haha. Nah I was just thinking out loud. I agree though. I think im just getting a bit fed up of posts telling people what they should and shouldn’t do and how they should and shouldn’t behave. I have to stop myself sometimes saying who the fuck are you?!

I’ll be back to my normal self tomorrow. Everyone knows I’m usually a fucking delight to

have around "

Do you need me to come round and stick another hormone patch on your bum cheek for you Nora?

"I've almost given up starting threads not because they go off on a tangent but because one or two people always without fail decide to take it over.

An example is a kiss fuck thread where the op responds to everyone which then turns it into a cockblocking thread.

Pint "

Are you wearing Speedos in your profile photo?

By *herry OnatopWoman  over a year ago

Just over there

Anal anyone "

Thought you'd never ask. If you could keep it steady though, I need my after work cuppa

I don't start threads often but when I do they generally are flirty, fun threads. I actually love it when people start to flirt with each other! I get a warm, fuzzy feeling and wonder whether it will go to dms! My brain doesn't stick to one subject for longer than 30 seconds so the more off subject the thread goes the more I enjoy it!

Paradise, Herts

have around

Do you need me to come round and stick another hormone patch on your bum cheek for you Nora? "

. You know what I’m thinking i might need some of that hormone malarkey. I am becoming a bit of a grumpy bitch.

have around

Do you need me to come round and stick another hormone patch on your bum cheek for you Nora?

. You know what I’m thinking i might need some of that hormone malarkey. I am becoming a bit of a grumpy bitch. "

I agree

Paradise, Herts

have around

. You know what I’m thinking i might need some of that hormone malarkey. I am becoming a bit of a grumpy bitch.

I agree "

I think I need a seeing to.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

Is it hijacking, or just the natural flow of conversation. Doesn't stop anyone replying to the OP's original point, so I wouldn't sweat it! (And frankly can be a bit dull if the opening question is yes/no and just end up with a thread of one word replies!). My tuppence anyway. Now, who remembers The Get Along Gang...

have around

I agree

I think I need a seeing to. "

SOMEONE PLEASE FIX NORA .....

There that may work.... ha ha x

"The innuendo and known conversations between some is quite nice for me tbh… I’d be a hypocrite if I said any different as I’ve done it myself.. although I’m not in “The” main clique yet

I'm not in any clique. Maybe I smell?"

Your in mine and no you don't smell

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

I think it's hard for there to be 175 comments on a thread without it diverting a little now and then as it's just natural flow of conversation and would be boring if it didn't. Half the time it's something that's already been spoken about hundreds of times before anyway so needs spicing up

"Reading this I think some people take these forums way, way, way too seriously . "

No.

I find these forums to be a point of conversation. I put my obscure point of view out there, I listen and learn from the replies. Sometimes I argue with the replies.

However, whether we like it or not, the old fashioned forums of fab do have a good point or two.

"I think it's hard for there to be 175 comments on a thread without it diverting a little now and then as it's just natural flow of conversation and would be boring if it didn't. Half the time it's something that's already been spoken about hundreds of times before anyway so needs spicing up "

True! My thread about monogamy has drifted off into a place I didn't possibly anticipate it could.

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

"I think it's hard for there to be 175 comments on a thread without it diverting a little now and then as it's just natural flow of conversation and would be boring if it didn't. Half the time it's something that's already been spoken about hundreds of times before anyway so needs spicing up

True! My thread about monogamy has drifted off into a place I didn't possibly anticipate it could. "

I'm intrigued so will have a look

"I think it's hard for there to be 175 comments on a thread without it diverting a little now and then as it's just natural flow of conversation and would be boring if it didn't. Half the time it's something that's already been spoken about hundreds of times before anyway so needs spicing up

True! My thread about monogamy has drifted off into a place I didn't possibly anticipate it could.

I'm intrigued so will have a look "

And now I have stolen you from Nora's thread mwah haha!

Paradise, Herts

And now I have stolen you from Nora's thread mwah haha! "

It’s fine I have him tied up. He loves it

And now I have stolen you from Nora's thread mwah haha!

It’s fine I have him tied up. He loves it "

I just bet he does!

Den of Iniquity

have around

I agree

I think I need a seeing to.

SOMEONE PLEASE FIX NORA .....

There that may work.... ha ha x "

In

By *elshkinkyMan  over a year ago

south wales

"In "

Who are you