FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Names

Names

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ensuallover1000 OP   Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Good peeps; Are you happy with your name? (your actual name, not your screen name)

If your answer is no, then what would you have preferred to have been named?

Incidentally, has anyone here changed their name by deed poll?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Happy

I recently changed the name of my penis to ‘sarcasm’.

There was a reason, not just off the cuff.

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

I have changed years ago for the obvious reason and i couldn't be happier with my real name now

By *ategoodbyeMan  over a year ago

Hertfordshire

Love being Robin. It’s a name with lots of positive associations, unlike my surname.

I'd like to be called Tarquin

Somewhere In The Ether…

"I'd like to be called Tarquin "

Wot wot?

I’ve never liked my given name, but don’t know what I’d change it too…. So I shortened it and just use that. Don’t like my middle name either.

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

It's ok. Never wanted to change it. It can have different spellings so I do have to spell it for people which can be a pain.

I think the most annoying part is that it was quite a popular name about 25 years before I was born. So you hear my name and think it belongs to a 60 year old woman. Means you can buy ready made trolley tokens and handkerchiefs with my name on it already though. Silver linings eh

Im 2 minds about my name, my surname is pretty normal and its dutch so i dont really have a problem there..

My middle name is pretty shit, Shelley, after Mary Shelley the author, got me bullied a fuck ton through school

My first name? its pretty unique, a few ppl around the world have it, men, women, as a first or last name, and from all sorts of places from the US to Thailand. While i try to accept it for its uniqueness, much like myself in general, i also dont like it for that very reason as well. Also got bullied a lot for it too.

If i could choose, something a little more normal, ive always liked the name Jack, Jensen would another choice as its very similar to my first name. If i wanted to be really bold, Jaeger, following the germanic background with my last name and i think it sounds pretty cool, and is the germanic equivalent to Hunter which is an ordinary name for a boy

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

Deed poll is a very simple process and very fast , it took if i remember i think one week to the name and gender to be changed

By *erfectman122Man  over a year ago

from somewhere nice

Happy

By *orruptionandliesMan  over a year ago

leeds

Always thought Maverick would be good

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Yeah, I'm pretty happy

It's unique and I don't like to stand out but on the whole.. Yeah, I'm happy with it. It's a talking point anyway.

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Im 2 minds about my name, my surname is pretty normal and its dutch so i dont really have a problem there..

My middle name is pretty shit, Shelley, after Mary Shelley the author, got me bullied a fuck ton through school

My first name? its pretty unique, a few ppl around the world have it, men, women, as a first or last name, and from all sorts of places from the US to Thailand. While i try to accept it for its uniqueness, much like myself in general, i also dont like it for that very reason as well. Also got bullied a lot for it too.

If i could choose, something a little more normal, ive always liked the name Jack, Jensen would another choice as its very similar to my first name. If i wanted to be really bold, Jaeger, following the germanic background with my last name and i think it sounds pretty cool, and is the germanic equivalent to Hunter which is an ordinary name for a boy"

Wow, that was a some critical analysis. You could write a thesis on the subject I think. I enjoyed reading it

"It's unique and I don't like to stand out but on the whole.. Yeah, I'm happy with it. It's a talking point anyway."

Couple it with my married name.. Geez people look at me like I've married my husband just for a passport. It doesn't even work like that

"Im 2 minds about my name, my surname is pretty normal and its dutch so i dont really have a problem there..

If i could choose, something a little more normal, ive always liked the name Jack, Jensen would another choice as its very similar to my first name. If i wanted to be really bold, Jaeger, following the germanic background with my last name and i think it sounds pretty cool, and is the germanic equivalent to Hunter which is an ordinary name for a boy

Wow, that was a some critical analysis. You could write a thesis on the subject I think. I enjoyed reading it "

I could write a thesis on a great many subjects

Despite how i look in my profile pic, im deceptively intelligent

By *merald Eyes XWoman  over a year ago

Can you find me….

Happy x

I'm not keen on my actual name or my screen name.

Life is hard.

If i could choose, something a little more normal, ive always liked the name Jack, Jensen would another choice as its very similar to my first name. If i wanted to be really bold, Jaeger, following the germanic background with my last name and i think it sounds pretty cool, and is the germanic equivalent to Hunter which is an ordinary name for a boy"

Do I know your name?

"I recently changed the name of my penis to ‘sarcasm’.

"

Is the reason because nobody gets it?

Do I know your name?"

I dont know.. do you?

By *r SproutMan  over a year ago

the middle somewhere

I am happy with my name even though it can be spelled 3 ways so that can be a problem for others sometimes when filling in paperwork/forms

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Never liked my name or its abbreviations but never thought about what I'd like to be called either, funny enough, because well, I am who I am, and am called what I'm called...

Herself

Is the reason because nobody gets it? "

We have a winner

Yorkshire

Wow, that was a some critical analysis. You could write a thesis on the subject I think. I enjoyed reading it

Despite how i look in my profile pic, im deceptively intelligent "

Best way, you can then take everyone by surprise

Also, a thought occured, do some of you agree that we grow into our names? Like how you look at someone and think "yeah youre definitely a Steve"

By *exy Ruby 100 300Couple  over a year ago

unknown

No mine wouldn't have bn one id have picked if I'd had a choice .I do love my fab name,but I'd loved to be called Rachael. R X

Im happy with Bruno

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Happy but hate it when people shorten it x

Best way, you can then take everyone by surprise "

I take ppl by surprise in more than a few ways

My name is fairly common in my age group, there were lots of us at school, by lots I mean at least two others in my year group. Can be spelt a few ways. Tis Ok, I quite like it when I hear it on others. Hate my surname

"Also, a thought occured, do some of you agree that we grow into our names? Like how you look at someone and think "yeah youre definitely a Steve""

For this to happen my name would have to be dickhead

By *isAdventure69Woman  over a year ago

Hampshire

Mine is boring and very old fashioned , I am so ancient that I’ve never met another one in this country, although I’ve heard of a couple in the media.

It’s very common in my generation in my birth country, always at least 2 per class throughout my education.

"Also, a thought occured, do some of you agree that we grow into our names? Like how you look at someone and think "yeah youre definitely a Steve"

For this to happen my name would have to be dickhead "

Well.. you could be called Richard

Somewhere In The Ether…

"Also, a thought occured, do some of you agree that we grow into our names? Like how you look at someone and think "yeah youre definitely a Steve""

I’ve met a few Dave’s who REALLY DO, very much in accordance with the stereotype, sit in the pub all day telling tall tales of their sexual conquests and how they know of a geezer who knows a geezer who got a blow job off the Queen or such like

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I'm happy with jacky my siblings and neices/nephews all call me jacqueline! Dint know why! Been jacky for 55 years since I was 10 x

"Also, a thought occured, do some of you agree that we grow into our names? Like how you look at someone and think "yeah youre definitely a Steve"

Well.. you could be called Richard "

I know a few Richards....

Well.. you could be called Richard "

That works

Well.. you could be called Richard

I know a few Richards...."

I think most women know a few Richards

Yorkshire

"

Best way, you can then take everyone by surprise

I take ppl by surprise in more than a few ways "

Well you know what they say, live a little and all that. Everybody likes a nice surprise I am sure.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

I started calling myself by a different first name when I was 19 and changed back to my birth surname after I divorced in 1987. My daughter changed her name completely by deed poll, my son has done the same, twice, my 18 year old granddaughter has changed hers and if my trans grandson follows his path, he will probably change his also.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Yes fine with my name.

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

Mines ok. I would of preferred something a bit more 'different' as mine is quite common.

My names pretty run of the mill though I've got two thoroughly unnecessary middle names that I could happily do without. There's a tendancy nowadays for folk I don't even know (or they would know better) to add a bloody "y" to my first name, and that absolutely boils my piss, buy in its real form I'm happy with it.

"I'm not keen on my actual name or my screen name.

Life is hard. "

You do know you can change your screen name don't you J.A.G???

By *iromancergirl1Woman  over a year ago

bolton

I like my name iv only herd leanda once before someone shouted it years ago in a supermarket and I turned round to see a woman calling to her little daughter it made me smile

Is the reason because nobody gets it? "

» Add a new message to this topic