rotherham

What’s the point

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I don’t think it’s for me.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Also saw Tanquery zero alcohol gin. Again pretty pointless !

Dry Jan innit. If you're abstaining you're mostly stuck to fruit juice or fizzy pop when in the pub. I like neither so I can see why someone would want an adult drink. P

By *ewClubCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

I don’t see the point in alcohol free…alcohol.

I think if you don’t want to drink or can’t drink (or don’t like it) that’s absolutely fine but why try to then get something that tastes the same? Just seems pointless to me.

Surely no one can like the taste that much they thru only want to drink it for the flavour?

I drink it in spite of the taste ha

Not really pointless if you are a non drinker but want to feel like part of the crowd on a night out, or night in.

Nobody questions non alcoholic beers or lagers. Can't see this is any different, just another option for the non drinkers

By *inda May SimmonsTV/TS  over a year ago

hexham

yes this kind of made me think WTF !

it just seems wrong

I find if I drink AF beer with my mates drinking normally I feel quite merry and end of the night I can drive home AND don’t need a kebab !

Just weird. If you're not going to drink. Don't pretend. Next people will buy meat free bacon.

"I don’t see the point in alcohol free…alcohol.

I think if you don’t want to drink or can’t drink (or don’t like it) that’s absolutely fine but why try to then get something that tastes the same? Just seems pointless to me.

Surely no one can like the taste that much they thru only want to drink it for the flavour?

I drink it in spite of the taste ha "

So, if you're driving, you have to drink fizzy pop or water?

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I’m often the responsible driver so this would be my prefect solution

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

‘GORDON’S ALIVE?!!’

Not that bad surprisingly. I’m don’t drink alcoholic drinks, but anything thats 0%abv, I’ll go with.

"Just weird. If you're not going to drink. Don't pretend. Next people will buy meat free bacon."

It's not about pretending it is about having a choice.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Is it seedlip ? That stuff is really good ….. and more expensive than real Gin !

If someone spoke about their sexual preferences and got told it was 'weird' or 'not right' then people would be all over it squakking about kink shame....

So why is it OK to say it to people who choose not to poison their bodies with alchohol?

"What’s the point"

My thoughts exactly!

"Not really pointless if you are a non drinker but want to feel like part of the crowd on a night out, or night in.

Nobody questions non alcoholic beers or lagers. Can't see this is any different, just another option for the non drinkers

"

Yes. It’s about being in the Spirit of things

"Not really pointless if you are a non drinker but want to feel like part of the crowd on a night out, or night in.

Yes. It’s about being in the Spirit of things "

I see what you did there

I see what you did there "

You can’t Tequila Slammers someone for having a different opinion. It’s good to shake and stir things up sometimes.

I see what you did there

You can’t Tequila Slammers someone for having a different opinion. It’s good to shake and stir things up sometimes. "

No of course not, but there is nothing weird or pointless about it either

By *uzie69xTV/TS  over a year ago

Maidstone

I love alcoholic gin but I'll reserve judgement until I try some alcohol free version. I tried those alcohol free beer (Kaliber?) when they came out but didn't like them...

I drink sugar free pop and decaf coffee and I quite like meat free Quorn... So I'll reserve judgement until I try some...

Some Mocktails are moreish...

"I love alcoholic gin but I'll reserve judgement until I try some alcohol free version. I tried those alcohol free beer (Kaliber?) when they came out but didn't like them...

I drink sugar free pop and decaf coffee and I quite like meat free Quorn... So I'll reserve judgement until I try some...

Some Mocktails are moreish..."

Kaliber was pretty bad, they have come a long way. Becks Blue is nice enough. The kopaberg Swedish cider alcohol free ones are nice, they taste pretty much the same as the boozy ones.

I am almost not a drinker, only drank twice last year, both at weddings. I had some of this shit at Christmas as my sister in law wasn't drinking either, at first I thought "tastes ok" then I had another sip and it was very chemically tasting. I don't really see the point in non alcoholic alternatives myself.

Danish x

"I am almost not a drinker, only drank twice last year, both at weddings. I had some of this shit at Christmas as my sister in law wasn't drinking either, at first I thought "tastes ok" then I had another sip and it was very chemically tasting. I don't really see the point in non alcoholic alternatives myself.

Danish x"

I’ll have 2 pints of Fosters, 3 Gin and Tonics (Bombay sapphire) and a pint of orange squash please (Robinsons).

» Add a new message to this topic