FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The best/funniest childhood Christmas memories

The best/funniest childhood Christmas memories

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When I was little, my grandparents insisted on having an artificial tree. I hated it and my grandfather knew that. I was always the helper putting it together with Him and as a consolation, one year, He came up with an idea of putting mini sparklers on it and letting me light them up. The story ends with us almost burning the very said tree and massive hole in the carpet on Christmas eve.. somehow my grandmother didn't think it was OK to waste that precious ugly treasure of hers and it still got used. Just changed the angle it faced

Another year a family member got dressed as a Santa to visit the little ones and the homemade mask he wore was so damn scary, looked more like Freddie Krueger and Terminator's love child than jolly St Nick, my younger cousins were sobbing uncontrollably haha..and unable to answer his questions or perform anything as asked. I was a tough cookie who stopped believing by then and enjoyed the spectacle..

Your turn.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

100 years ago when I was younger we had a Christmas tree that was basically a stick with a few bits of green tinsel on it.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

We had all gone to bed. Brother and me woke up and decided to sneak downstairs to see what Santa had brought us. Parents heard and called us up back to bed. It was not even past midnight and still Christmas Eve!

"100 years ago when I was younger we had a Christmas tree that was basically a stick with a few bits of green tinsel on it. "

Ours was terrible too.. and then we would go to my grandma's sister who was always a bit of a show off and had a massive real tree. I used to nearly hug it. And she loved pointing out her gingerbread were best in family too..

"We had all gone to bed. Brother and me woke up and decided to sneak downstairs to see what Santa had brought us. Parents heard and called us up back to bed. It was not even past midnight and still Christmas Eve!"

I'm so sorry you didn't catch a glimpse of Santa.

We all thought we heard Santa outside but it was really a fox in the bins again

"We all thought we heard Santa outside but it was really a fox in the bins again"

That's hilarious.

Power of faith hey?

Well at 6/7 you believe things

"100 years ago when I was younger we had a Christmas tree that was basically a stick with a few bits of green tinsel on it.

Ours was terrible too.. and then we would go to my grandma's sister who was always a bit of a show off and had a massive real tree. I used to nearly hug it. And she loved pointing out her gingerbread were best in family too.. "

Ha yeah we had family who loved to show off too. I've just realised I loved that crappy tree because it was our tradition.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

My parents impatience and having to wake me up every Christmas morning as they couldn’t wait for me to naturally wake up

"Well at 6/7 you believe things"

And thats the way I like it. There will be time for brutal reality to hit in. For most of our lives!

"My parents impatience and having to wake me up every Christmas morning as they couldn’t wait for me to naturally wake up "

My kids aren't allowed to wake me up till 8.30am usually. It will be different this year as we are off to volunteer at park run.

Funny though that it was other way round for you ! I bet they just wanted to see your joy ASAP

By *aughtiness69Couple  over a year ago

Kinmel bay

One Christmas

My parents had booked a holiday and I got left at he by mistake, then two burglars tried to rob our house, so I set up a series of elaborate traps and I saved Christmas.

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

This didn’t happen to me but someone I used to know, who as a child, decided that waiting until Christmas morning was just too long a wait and instead, subsequently opted to sneak downstairs after his parents went to bed and open all his presents.

After he satiated himself in such a selfish manner, he went back to bed.

Suffice to say that he apparently got the bollocking of all bollockings the next morning for ruining Christmas

On a mooch

"My parents impatience and having to wake me up every Christmas morning as they couldn’t wait for me to naturally wake up

My kids aren't allowed to wake me up till 8.30am usually. It will be different this year as we are off to volunteer at park run.

Funny though that it was other way round for you ! I bet they just wanted to see your joy ASAP "

Haha you have a set time.

I’m lucky my lad has took after me, earliest he has woke is 8.00. He opens his stocking with me, then it’s breakfast, shower etc before we do the presents under the tree, like me he opens, plays or reads what he receives before moving on.

One year when we lived in Germany I decided to only open one present Christmas morning and the rest not until after dinner, which has always been 15.30. Their face when I suggested it I’ll never forget.

"My parents impatience and having to wake me up every Christmas morning as they couldn’t wait for me to naturally wake up

Funny though that it was other way round for you ! I bet they just wanted to see your joy ASAP

I’m lucky my lad has took after me, earliest he has woke is 8.00. He opens his stocking with me, then it’s breakfast, shower etc before we do the presents under the tree, like me he opens, plays or reads what he receives before moving on.

One year when we lived in Germany I decided to only open one present Christmas morning and the rest not until after dinner, which has always been 15.30. Their face when I suggested it I’ll never forget. "

So much patience.. its unwrapping carnage here

One day I'm going to roll in it all and make paper angels.

Don't they open presents on Christmas eve there? You must have shocked them indeed

"One Christmas

My parents had booked a holiday and I got left at he by mistake, then two burglars tried to rob our house, so I set up a series of elaborate traps and I saved Christmas. "

Kevin?!

"This didn’t happen to me but someone I used to know, who as a child, decided that waiting until Christmas morning was just too long a wait and instead, subsequently opted to sneak downstairs after his parents went to bed and open all his presents.

After he satiated himself in such a selfish manner, he went back to bed.

Suffice to say that he apparently got the bollocking of all bollockings the next morning for ruining Christmas "

Haha please tell me they still had no regrets for being rebel!

By *axtenMan  over a year ago

Stokesley

6 cousins, 7-12ish, Christmas 78ish ..pogo sticks in the street ..Aaaaaaaaaaace!

On a mooch

One year when we lived in Germany I decided to only open one present Christmas morning and the rest not until after dinner, which has always been 15.30. Their face when I suggested it I’ll never forget.

So much patience.. its unwrapping carnage here

One day I'm going to roll in it all and make paper angels.

Don't they open presents on Christmas eve there? You must have shocked them indeed "

My cousins are like that, tornados I used to call them, they’d be done and wanting to unwrap mine

Aye that’s right Christmas Eve evening opening is the tradition in Germany, leaving the day to celebrate and feast. This was my suggestion but Santa wouldn’t have been, no explanation came as to why he’d miss our house out, so Christmas Day night it was. I was a happy soul with the book & radio I received in my morning choice from grandparents’ package.

When I was young I had a Tiny Tears doll for Christmas. I took it to my grandparents house with me for Christmas lunch and my great grandmother who suffered from dementia thought it was her baby and cradled and sang to the doll all afternoon. When I think back now as an adult that must have been such a beautiful sweet sight but to a 6 year old me I was effing livid and hated every moment

NBVN x

By *atcherwankerMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

An uncharacteristically sentimental story from me:

We used to have Christmas at my grandparents, me and my two siblings sharing the spare room at the back of the house. Quite a few Christmas eves I swore blind that I heard sleigh bells in the night but my brother and sister never heard it so I figured I must have imagined it.

I only found out recently that every Christmas eve, my Grandad would get one of those sleigh bell rattle things we had in our toy box, and stand under our bedroom window ringing it.

By *aughtiness69Couple  over a year ago

Kinmel bay

"One Christmas

My parents had booked a holiday and I got left at he by mistake, then two burglars tried to rob our house, so I set up a series of elaborate traps and I saved Christmas.

Kevin?! "

Has to change my name as Marv and Harry are still after me X

"An uncharacteristically sentimental story from me:

We used to have Christmas at my grandparents, me and my two siblings sharing the spare room at the back of the house. Quite a few Christmas eves I swore blind that I heard sleigh bells in the night but my brother and sister never heard it so I figured I must have imagined it.

I only found out recently that every Christmas eve, my Grandad would get one of those sleigh bell rattle things we had in our toy box, and stand under our bedroom window ringing it. "

Ffs got something in my eye

By *atcherwankerMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

I only found out recently that every Christmas eve, my Grandad would get one of those sleigh bell rattle things we had in our toy box, and stand under our bedroom window ringing it.

Ffs got something in my eye "

Funnily enough, me too.

I only found out recently that every Christmas eve, my Grandad would get one of those sleigh bell rattle things we had in our toy box, and stand under our bedroom window ringing it. "

That's beautiful..

Keeping the magic going for you!

"When I was young I had a Tiny Tears doll for Christmas. I took it to my grandparents house with me for Christmas lunch and my great grandmother who suffered from dementia thought it was her baby and cradled and sang to the doll all afternoon. When I think back now as an adult that must have been such a beautiful sweet sight but to a 6 year old me I was effing livid and hated every moment

NBVN x"

Haha.. I can understand the precious feeling. I didnt have that many toys and ones I had I felt very protective of !

Sweet now and nostalgic when you look back as a grown up and know how much your sacrifice must have meant to her.

» Add a new message to this topic