FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Favourite holiday memory?

Favourite holiday memory?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

It's half term for me & my brood, and we have done fuck all. So it got me thinking about favourite memories. My kids keep harking back to the Pancake Restaurant at Centre Parcs.

What do you look back on with fondness?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I hold so many happy memories of visiting Devon as a child.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

In Tenerife and bumped into a guy I did my apprenticeship with and his girlfriend god that’s 1990

Seeing wild mountain gorillas as we cleared the rain forest in Rwanda. Magical and memorable

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Wandering round the High Atlas for two weeks staying in the odd Berber village and nice hotel. Just the right balance.

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

Spotting sloths in the cloud forest in Costa Rica with my ex and enjoying an amazing walk through the forest just the two of us and a guide.

By *tes2010Man  over a year ago

Near you

I remember when I would have been around 7 or 8. We went to Scotland to see some family as we did multiple times a year. My Mum and Dad didn’t have much money when we grew up so Scotland and Wales was about as exotic as it got. I remember this particular time I was travel sick and vomited on my Mum. We pulled over and she washed her skirt in the Clyde while my Dad taught me how to throw a skimmer. We probably wasn’t there for too long but it felt like hours. Searching for the perfect, flat pebbles with my Dad so he could teach me how to throw them so they bounced off the water.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I remember visiting my granddad's house and he had this beautiful lemon grove and the smell of that combined with the sea was so... perfect. I don't think I've ever smelled anything as lovely as that since.

My grandmother's amazing cooking. Helping her plant a rose garden. The joy of having seven crazy but adorable dogs that all needed walking and would yap away in happiness.

I remember the joy of being caught in the rainstorm on a beach in Barbados - it would be so hot and the rain would suddenly appear and almost cool you. My sister and I would run around shrieking in glee, trying to get as soaked as possible. And discovering giant, absolutely mahoosive centipedes in my grandparents house. And the joy of having breakfast there and walking straight on to the beach after.

I have many fond memories of being on holiday and I'm lucky to have those times.

Some amazing experiences!

As a teen in Australia, I ran up Uluru (Ayers Rock). You're not allowed to do that now. Spectacular place!

Seeing my boyfriend appear through the snowfall on a mountain whilst skiing. I was waiting with our friends and the ski instructor watching him in amazement as we waited for him to reach us.

His silhouette and infamous skiing technique slowly...very effing slowly snow ploughing and turning every 4 feet...oh the memories of a ski instructor disowning a student, calling him by his wrong name and trying to lose him on the mountain BUT my man made it back to us... my hero

I have never laughed so much as I did on that holiday, roll on this winter.

NBVN x

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

York, Easter 2011. A long weekend with my boyfriend. We saw the sights, had lovely meals out, laughed our way through the dungeon, giggled at how boring the railway museum was, had great sex. And then he proposed under a tree outside the cathedral

A fabulous weekend

"York, Easter 2011. A long weekend with my boyfriend. We saw the sights, had lovely meals out, laughed our way through the dungeon, giggled at how boring the railway museum was, had great sex. And then he proposed under a tree outside the cathedral

A fabulous weekend "

York is a wonderful place to get engaged!

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"Seeing my boyfriend appear through the snowfall on a mountain whilst skiing. I was waiting with our friends and the ski instructor watching him in amazement as we waited for him to reach us.

His silhouette and infamous skiing technique slowly...very effing slowly snow ploughing and turning every 4 feet...oh the memories of a ski instructor disowning a student, calling him by his wrong name and trying to lose him on the mountain BUT my man made it back to us... my hero

NBVN x"

You know you said I was in tonight?

Well ....

You're not xxx

Pete

"Seeing my boyfriend appear through the snowfall on a mountain whilst skiing. I was waiting with our friends and the ski instructor watching him in amazement as we waited for him to reach us.

NBVN x

Well ....

You're not xxx

Pete"

Ooh I love a challenge, let's see how long you can resist me

NBVN x

NBVN x

Well ....

You're not xxx

Pete

NBVN x"

Get a room

By *ev257Man  over a year ago

cardiff

Some of my favourite holiday memories are the 1st time the wife went topless on a Spanish beach n the year later stripping of on a nudist beach on Greece.

Miss holiday abroad

By *uenevereWoman  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

My dad building sand cars for us on the beach and going crab hunting in rock pools.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

Glacier hiking in Iceland is pretty much at the top

"Glacier hiking in Iceland is pretty much at the top "

That’s on my bucket list especially the glacial ice tunnel hike

NBVN x

Well ....

You're not xxx

Pete

NBVN x

Get a room "

We have a house

NBVN x

Ibiza 1987 19 years old I had a mad 2 weeks,had a week off work when I got back my boss wasn't pleased

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

Taking my young sons through France to the south, or over the border to Spain. Towing our caravan. Probably the happiest days of my life.

They loved it too, and sometimes agree. Even though one of them once said “Dad, why can’t we go on a plane for a real holiday like our friends do”?

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"Taking my young sons through France to the south, or over the border to Spain. Towing our caravan. Probably the happiest days of my life.

They loved it too, and sometimes agree. Even though one of them once said “Dad, why can’t we go on a plane for a real holiday like our friends do”?"

Typing that brought tears to my eyes. Note to self - toughen up!

By *igjonny090Man  over a year ago

blackpool, lancaster, Manchester and Loughborough

Reading the last Harry Potter book in one day whilst on holiday with my family in the cotswolds is a strong memory for me, don’t remember much of the holiday to be fair

[Removed by poster at 28/10/21 18:42:51]

NBVN x

Well ....

You're not xxx

Pete

NBVN x

Get a room

We have a house

NBVN x"

I figured!!

Surely others have some lovely holiday memories to share?

» Add a new message to this topic