FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Speed Dating

Speed Dating

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So I'm going to a speed dating event in a bar tonight. Usually one date is hard enough but I'm about to have 10 in one go!

Where better to seek advice than from you lovely people.

I'm looking for some interesting questions or conversation ideas I could use?

Apparently fancy a fuck might be frowned upon.

I really don't want to be the 8th person to ask them their favourite food or what their lockdown was like!

And also if anyone has any clue what I should wear that would be most helpful.

This maybe my last chance before I end up on the shelf for good!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ob08Man  over a year ago

Macclesfield

"

"

Maybe open with this and see how they react.

"

Maybe open with this and see how they react."

Reckon they would run!

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Ask them how many radiators they presently have in their house and what type of boiler is powering them

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ask them to describe themselves as a car and if he says a volvo run for the hills

"Ask them how many radiators they presently have in their house and what type of boiler is powering them "

Ha ha I actually do get quite excited about properties and stuff!

"Ask them to describe themselves as a car and if he says a volvo run for the hills"

I don't know some volvos are more fun than you might expect

Macclesfield

"Ask them to describe themselves as a car and if he says a volvo run for the hills

I don't know some volvos are more fun than you might expect "

If he likes Volvos and IKEA and he's not Swedish, definitely run for the hills.

By *orestguy28Man  over a year ago

Glos

"So I'm going to a speed dating event in a bar tonight. Usually one date is hard enough but I'm about to have 10 in one go!

I really don't want to be the 8th person to ask them their favourite food or what their lockdown was like!

"

Girl next door look. Wear the jeans you have on in one of your pics, with heels and a nice top.

Ask them how far they’d walk in the rain to fetch you an umbrella if you were stranded.

Oh and if it’s someone you like I’d probably ask them what they think about swinging…unless you’re going to give it all up?? Best get that one in quick.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Ask if they have life insurance

Glos

"Ask if they have life insurance "

"So I'm going to a speed dating event in a bar tonight. Usually one date is hard enough but I'm about to have 10 in one go!

Girl next door look. Wear the jeans you have on in one of your pics, with heels and a nice top.

Ask them how far they’d walk in the rain to fetch you an umbrella if you were stranded.

Oh and if it’s someone you like I’d probably ask them what they think about swinging…unless you’re going to give it all up?? Best get that one in quick."

Oh I like the umbrella question.

I'm not looking for a swinging type of relationship so I don't think that's needed. However I don't want someone that's not into sex. It's important to be sexually compatible but striking the balance of it not just being that.

"Ask if they have life insurance "

And a bad cough?

Macclesfield

I wouldn't go with the umbrella question if I were you, would put you slightly in the crazy cat lady category in my opinion

"I wouldn't go with the umbrella question if I were you, would put you slightly in the crazy cat lady category in my opinion "

Ha ha.

Glos

Oh and if it’s someone you like I’d probably ask them what they think about swinging…unless you’re going to give it all up?? Best get that one in quick.

Oh I like the umbrella question.

I'm not looking for a swinging type of relationship so I don't think that's needed. However I don't want someone that's not into sex. It's important to be sexually compatible but striking the balance of it not just being that. "

You have to decide if you can give it ALL up though and that means shutting down this account.

If a bloke would walk through the pouring rain to rescue his lady then he’s chivalrous and you won’t go far wrong with a bit of that. Doesn’t make you a crazy cat woman either!

Personally I think you’ll be batting them off with a shitty stick!!

Ask where they'd place you on the hot/crazy matrix

By *ustdaveHantsMan  over a year ago

chippenham

What came first the chicken or the egg?...... As the ice breaker... Then dive straight in with the "fancy a fuck" haha xx

"

Just go smart casual and just be yourself you can't be anybody else and that's who you want them to fall in love with. You seem like a good genuine person and are a lovely looking lady. No way you'll end up on the shelf.

Glos

"What came first the chicken or the egg?...... As the ice breaker... Then dive straight in with the "fancy a fuck" haha xx "

Typical squaddie

By *ustdaveHantsMan  over a year ago

chippenham

"What came first the chicken or the egg?...... As the ice breaker... Then dive straight in with the "fancy a fuck" haha xx

Typical squaddie "

Time is precious lol

Glos

[Removed by poster at 21/10/21 01:46:51]

Glos

"[Removed by poster at 21/10/21 01:46:51]"

Agreed

You're nowhere near any shelf life! Is there even such a thing? People find love at all ages. I'm still hopeful I'll find it again x

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

How did it go

"How did it go "

It's tonight! X

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"How did it go

It's tonight! X"

Ooooh so exciting

Personally, I HATE engineered questions. It makes me think someone lacks personality so needs to try and create one with some wacky questions or a game or suchlike.

I’ve never speed dated, so maybe that’s how you do it? If not, I’d just sit in front of them and let them talk so you can see their personality and get a feel for them rather than have them answering “if you were to buy a pet dragon, what would you call it?” Or suchlike

"Personally, I HATE engineered questions. It makes me think someone lacks personality so needs to try and create one with some wacky questions or a game or suchlike.

I’ve never speed dated, so maybe that’s how you do it? If not, I’d just sit in front of them and let them talk so you can see their personality and get a feel for them rather than have them answering “if you were to buy a pet dragon, what would you call it?” Or suchlike"

I agree it's a bit weird and if it's not an easy 4 minutes it could become like a weird job interview!

I'd pick something really random but the answer would make you smile. Something that matches your personality and sense of humour. Perhaps film or TV programme related. Might give an instant connection or not.

Good luck

By *dam_TinaCouple  over a year ago

Hampshire

Ask them to describe the inside of a ping pong ball. We had to write an essay about that when we were in detention at school.

"Personally, I HATE engineered questions. It makes me think someone lacks personality so needs to try and create one with some wacky questions or a game or suchlike.

I’ve never speed dated, so maybe that’s how you do it? If not, I’d just sit in front of them and let them talk so you can see their personality and get a feel for them rather than have them answering “if you were to buy a pet dragon, what would you call it?” Or suchlike

I agree it's a bit weird and if it's not an easy 4 minutes it could become like a weird job interview!

"

I’d just be worried about someone thinking less of me if it looked like I’d really prepared for it. Like I do it all the time or I’d be that desperate, I’d curated this odd scenario to fill the four minutes. Just chat like two adults and I’m sure it’ll work better

I’m supposed to be going to one of these with a friend! We’ve never been before. Please would you let us know how you get on! I reckon it’ll be a laugh, if nothing else.

Good luck and have fun!

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

I'd love to go to a speed dating event. They sound fun.

All my questions would be about tea, cake & biscuits

"I'd love to go to a speed dating event. They sound fun.

All my questions would be about tea, cake & biscuits "

You would have me there and then!

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

You would have me there and then!"

Brb, just re-locating to Edinburgh

You would have me there and then!

Brb, just re-locating to Edinburgh"

By *oppy CheeksWoman  over a year ago

Huddersfield

I have been speed dating twice. Didn’t find the love of my life there but enjoyed it nonetheless. My advice is dress in what you feel comfortable with. You only have a short time to impress so if you are looking at a potential relationship then maybe how you would present yourself on say a first date. As for questions just the usual thing really, what do they do for work, hobbies & interests, & if it is important to you ask if they have any kids (I didn’t want to date anyone with young children). Essentially anything you need to know to assess potential compatibility in a relationship. Good luck x

I have been to some speed dating events so far. Even though I didn't find a match there, it's much better than dating apps. I am planning to do it more often.

On how to go about it, I usually start with what their hobbies are. Pretty sure there will be one hobby that's common to you both or one that you find intriguing. Start discussing about that and let the conversation flow organically from there.

I have also seen some women who would begin by asking if I am looking for a serious long term relationship or just a fling. I find it ok. Depends on what you are looking for, that may or may not work out.

Having said that, someone must organise a speed dating event for fab members.

"I’m supposed to be going to one of these with a friend! We’ve never been before. Please would you let us know how you get on! I reckon it’ll be a laugh, if nothing else.

Good luck and have fun!"

I saw a guy who said he has been to over 50 of them. For him, it's just a place to meet new people and spend quality time. Many women come in groups just for fun. It will be a great night out

"

I did ‘Ditch or Date’ several years ago - not enough time to chat properly. Plus helps if you get the right venue - I hadn’t checked the email properly and ended up in the wrong place. But have a good night, it will be fun.

By *ikAshCouple  over a year ago

London

"

Good luck, although I doubt you’ll need it. Your profile pics are super sexy, and whatever happens, there’s no way this is your last chance. Just think of it as fun, and wear something you would when going out for the evening with your girlfriends… an outfit that makes you feel good. Have a great time - Ash xx

London

Question… what makes them unique?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

What scares you ?

What are you passionate about?

Would you rather have a cock for a nose or a nose for a cock ?

By *dmcMan  over a year ago

North West London

Lol - Fancy a fuck is actually a good icebreaker but save if for someone you hope may say YES..

I have been to a few of these in the US with friends and they can be very interesting..

My advice is be yourself.. It makes no sense catching someones attention based on something you aren't.

Dress like if you are going on a date with someone you like.. So a bit of effort but not too much..

Question wise... that's hard.. Ask questions about things that interest you .. hobbies, goals, life... My go to question was always "How is life treating you?" you would be surprise at the answers you get...

Good luck tonight, I'm sure you will come away with a few numbers

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

Did you have a good time?

By *inamicMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

Not sure i'd have the confidence for spees dating, although starting to approach the idea of that now lol. Starting to get to a point where i would like to start settling down, with a partner in crime.

Well they say things happen when the tine is right and when ur really not looking, so choosing to go with the flow and see where the road of life takes me.

How did the evening go would you possibly reccomend it?

"Not sure i'd have the confidence for spees dating, although starting to approach the idea of that now lol. Starting to get to a point where i would like to start settling down, with a partner in crime.

Well they say things happen when the tine is right and when ur really not looking, so choosing to go with the flow and see where the road of life takes me.

How did the evening go would you possibly reccomend it? "

I am a shy person and I would recommend it as a way to build up confidence. I was all nerves the first time I went. After three times, I talk like a pro in there.

Blackpool

"Not sure i'd have the confidence for spees dating, although starting to approach the idea of that now lol. Starting to get to a point where i would like to start settling down, with a partner in crime.

How did the evening go would you possibly reccomend it?

I am a shy person and I would recommend it as a way to build up confidence. I was all nerves the first time I went. After three times, I talk like a pro in there. "

Cheers for the advice maybe worth a shot, i'm same can be fairly shy when it comes to dating and asking people out, so probs a good starting point

North West London

100% agree with thus statement..

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

How do find speed dating events?

Blackpool

"How do find speed dating events?"

Sometimes occasional bars and restaurants just host them, not been to one but generally noticed a few like that, just by noticing a poster on a wall advertising them. Im sure theres probably websites now you can look on now though lol

"How do find speed dating events?"

I go for events organised by dateinadash. I see that you are in East Midlands. Google search shows some websites like speeddater which organise events in East Midlands.

North West London

Try Googling "Speed dating near me" just tired it .. Loads about..

London

How did the speed dating go?

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

"How did the speed dating go? "

Apparently - it was a slow night.

Grantham

Thank you to all that replied to my question

Grantham

Had a look and they seem to have age ranges attached to them. Which means I'd have to meet old people

» Add a new message to this topic