FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Flaunting Wealth

Flaunting Wealth

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Of course it is everyone's right to walk along the streets dripping with gold jewellery and flaunting wealth. And of course it's not their fault if they get mugged in broad daylight. The same applies to the new craze of mugging cyclists for their expensive cycles. Are these lycra clad speed merchants just flaunting their wealth by riding these super expensive machines....?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

No

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

No x

I openly flaunt my lack of wealth and have never been mugged.

By *LAchillesMan  over a year ago

North London

Sounds a bit chippy tbh.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Talking of wealth dont like it on here when men message offering all sorts of stuff treating/offering holidays and stuff x

I remember when iPods became a thing and people were getting mugged for having white earphones (yes young people, no one had white earphones other than wealthy iPod owners).

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I like to flaunt my obscene opulence by riding my Penny-farthing around Knightsbridge.

I have never been mugged yet although to be entirely equitable, the lower class bounders who have the brazen audacity to venture into our high end district are too busy dothing their caps at my elevated social status and at any rate, can’t reach me atop my lofty form of transport to attempt such an unsocial act.

"I like to flaunt my obscene opulence by riding my Penny-farthing around Knightsbridge.

I have never been mugged yet although to be entirely equitable, the lower class bounders who have the brazen audacity to venture into our high end district are too busy dothing their caps at my elevated social status and at any rate, can’t reach me atop my lofty form of transport to attempt such an unsocial act."

Straight up legit seen people riding penny farthings around Hackney

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"I like to flaunt my obscene opulence by riding my Penny-farthing around Knightsbridge.

I have never been mugged yet although to be entirely equitable, the lower class bounders who have the brazen audacity to venture into our high end district are too busy dothing their caps at my elevated social status and at any rate, can’t reach me atop my lofty form of transport to attempt such an unsocial act."

They can’t reach you up there

They do lessons in London, one of my favourite YouTubers a channel called Joolz Guides (Julian McDonnell) he does tours around London, he did a video in which he learned to ride one.

Great fun

Couldn't tell the difference between a Argos value bike to a (insert very expensive brand here) bike.

Ride what you want to ride

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

There is an element of wealth on show with expensive bikes, however I think it says a lot more about the person who owns the bike.

Going faster, longer, harder on a bike can usually be done by losing a few lbs in weight rather than spending a few thousand pounds on a lighter more aero, bike. If you can afford the easy way out, why not take it?

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

"Talking of wealth dont like it on here when men message offering all sorts of stuff treating/offering holidays and stuff x"

Must be terrible to be popular

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

In my town people know not to take anything worth nicking out alone; even dogs.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

"Couldn't tell the difference between a Argos value bike to a (insert very expensive brand here) bike.

Ride what you want to ride "

You can't, but the bike muggers can.

No (absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying hard earned wealth or given wealth if lucky from richly inheritance, etc.). Be happy for them never jealous, knowing materialistic things whilst are nice to have, it isn’t by any means a guarantee that they’re necessarily happy in life.

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

"Talking of wealth dont like it on here when men message offering all sorts of stuff treating/offering holidays and stuff x

Must be terrible to be popular "

Nobody likes being popular on FAB forums. I personally try and hide my popularity, I'm a little embarrassed by it.

"Some people are born popular. Some people strive for popularity. Some have popularity thrust upon them"

O-)

By *MNJCouple  over a year ago

Nuneaton

No, the differences between a £100, £500, £2000 and £5000 are real and something you benefit from, in my experience other cyclists don't care what you ride unless it's unusual it's purely something for your own benefit.

On the other hand bikes are a ripoff, I saw a specialized Ebike the other day that costs more than a brand new KTM how has that happened?

Why mug when you can walk up and rake most locks open in 10-20 seconds

That nice expensive bike lock is just a paper wight

LPL or lock picking lawyer is a real eye opener off how unsafe locks are

https://m.youtube.com/c/lockpickinglawyer

Does driving a nice car mean flaunting wealth?

I just like my cars.. See what I did there? ....

Here in Edinburgh, there has been a massive spate of bicycle thefts. Including several doctors and nurses at the Sick Kids hospital. I don’t think the model matters particularly.

"Couldn't tell the difference between a Argos value bike to a (insert very expensive brand here) bike.

"

Ah, that's why I don't make much money from them then!

If they were super wealthy they could have handlebars that turn into blades if the weong person gets hold of them. Like sword handles in some film I saw. Or a saddle that only recognises your bottom. All others get a poker up em or something.

By *andare63Man  over a year ago

oldham

"Talking of wealth dont like it on here when men message offering all sorts of stuff treating/offering holidays and stuff x

Must be terrible to be popular

Nobody likes being popular on FAB forums. I personally try and hide my popularity, I'm a little embarrassed by it.

"Some people are born popular. Some people strive for popularity. Some have popularity thrust upon them"

O-)"

Oh dear someone has popularity syndrome

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

I'm skint, but consider myself very wealthy. A big bank balance means you're rich, not wealthy. I consider wealth a measure of many things not just money.

I wouldn’t know a super expensive bike from a regular bike. I do look at cyclists cocks and arses though.

"If they were super wealthy they could have handlebars that turn into blades if the weong person gets hold of them. Like sword handles in some film I saw. Or a saddle that only recognises your bottom. All others get a poker up em or something. "

Chariots of Ire

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

I think anything of value, easy to steal and easy to pass on has always be a prime target. What's in trend theaft wise is very much a risk v demand thing. There is a lot more demand for bikes and also a lot more visibility and knowledge to the value of high end bikes than before. Match that with media (Inc social media) coverage and seems like a new phenomenon. But its just part of the constant evolution of theaft.

Chelmsford

Should they ditch the bike ?

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

" Are these lycra clad speed merchants "

Interested to know why they aren’t called “victims of crime” or even just “people”?

By *oeBeansMan  over a year ago

Derby

Isn't that also saying that people in cars are flaunting their wealth by driving them everywhere?

Chelmsford

Some are bike cock merchants

Chelmsford

Do these biker types bring it on themselves?

"Some are bike cock merchants "

Do they ride Choppers ?

Chelmsford

Who knows ?

By *lenderfoxMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"Do these biker types bring it on themselves?"

If you got mugged in the street, would you have brought it on yourself?

By *tue555Man  over a year ago

Passed Beyond Reach

I dont bring women home because they find my bed uncomfortable, due to.all the money stuffed under the mattress

By *dam1971Man  over a year ago

Bedford

Is blaming victims of crime ok now? I must have missed that memo

I’m intrigued to ask what are your other wealth traits ?

"I'm skint, but consider myself very wealthy. A big bank balance means you're rich, not wealthy. I consider wealth a measure of many things not just money. "

By *ed-monkeyCouple  over a year ago

Hailsham

Surely "biker types" as motorbike riders, these are cyclists

How do you bring it upon yourself?

"I say, you look a ruffian, so you want to take my pushbike from me you beast?"

Chelmsford

These attacks are on the increase

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

"Do these biker types bring it on themselves?

Surely "biker types" as motorbike riders, these are cyclists

How do you bring it upon yourself?

"I say, you look a ruffian, so you want to take my pushbike from me you beast?""

Depends on the circumstances. I see groups of cyclists stop for their customary coffee and cake, leaving their bikes all stacked up on the corner. I know these bikes are worth several thousands, I was into road my bikes until an accident.. This particular area is known for bike thefts, yet they still leave them unattended and become engrossed in coffee, cake and conversation. Time to leave and a bike has gone... The assumption is the thief is taking it from the owner, it is usually when it is unattended

"Talking of wealth dont like it on here when men message offering all sorts of stuff treating/offering holidays and stuff x"

Yes, but when you drill down, what's actually on offer is typically a 15% off Lovehoney voucher, a night in Budleigh Salterton (with no hotel), and a monthly allowance of £3.50 and a packet of Pork Scratchings. And then, you'd have to be negotiating hard!!

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Yes, but when you drill down, what's actually on offer is typically a 15% off Lovehoney voucher, a night in Budleigh Salterton (with no hotel), and a monthly allowance of £3.50 and a packet of Pork Scratchings. And then, you'd have to be negotiating hard!! "

Chuck in a weekly allowance of £5 at Poundland, and I'm yours

Wish someone would offer me a holiday lol

"There is an element of wealth on show with expensive bikes, however I think it says a lot more about the person who owns the bike.

Going faster, longer, harder on a bike can usually be done by losing a few lbs in weight rather than spending a few thousand pounds on a lighter more aero, bike. If you can afford the easy way out, why not take it? "

This is my argument. If I was to choose to work the hours required to buy a £5k bike or use those same hours to train, which would give me the biggest performance increases? Unless you train very little and/or charge hundreds per hour, that equating will invariably see the greatest returns from training more. As you say, loosing a kilo of fat is far far cheaper than a bike that comes in 1kg lighter.

Mr

"If they were super wealthy they could have handlebars that turn into blades if the weong person gets hold of them. Like sword handles in some film I saw. Or a saddle that only recognises your bottom. All others get a poker up em or something. "

What shape is this poker?

Asking for a friend.

Mr

"There is an element of wealth on show with expensive bikes, however I think it says a lot more about the person who owns the bike.

Going faster, longer, harder on a bike can usually be done by losing a few lbs in weight rather than spending a few thousand pounds on a lighter more aero, bike. If you can afford the easy way out, why not take it?

This is my argument. If I was to choose to work the hours required to buy a £5k bike or use those same hours to train, which would give me the biggest performance increases? Unless you train very little and/or charge hundreds per hour, that equating will invariably see the greatest returns from training more. As you say, loosing a kilo of fat is far far cheaper than a bike that comes in 1kg lighter.

Mr"

Sorry, unless you already train a lot ...

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Victim blaming.

Earnings Envy

Dictating how people spend or pass their time.

Short answer NO.

Deal with the muggers not the cyclists.

Twisting your morals to suit your pocket

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Do these biker types bring it on themselves?

If you got mugged in the street, would you have brought it on yourself?"

Of course. I have a trolley that's so smooth on the paving flags, my cat loves a ride in it and I have a lovely handbag and purse.

I always travel in a kaftan so muggers can't see them. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I tempted them to knock me over and make off with my pussy.

I couldn’t spend 5k on a bike. All that would be in my head was the fact I was riding a potential new pair of tits.

By *immyinreadingMan  over a year ago

henley on thames

"

Exactly. Same with watches. A few months back, in the town where I live, there was a spate of thefts in the street, rich old boys being jumped for their Rolexes. The gang who were doing this were eventually caught, but thieves know value when they see it.

henley on thames

"I couldn’t spend 5k on a bike. All that would be in my head was the fact I was riding a potential new pair of tits. "

Beautifully phrased !!

henley on thames

Mr"

Most lads realise they are being daft spending a fortune on high spec kit, but it’s their indulgence so good luck to them. They probably think I am daft for the amount I spend on hotels, restaurants and wine. Each to their own.

henley on thames

"Of course it is everyone's right to walk along the streets dripping with gold jewellery and flaunting wealth. And of course it's not their fault if they get mugged in broad daylight. The same applies to the new craze of mugging cyclists for their expensive cycles. Are these lycra clad speed merchants just flaunting their wealth by riding these super expensive machines....?"

“Flaunting wealth” ... “dripping with gold jewellery” ... suggesting that cyclists are flaunting wealth but getting an expensive bike. Presumably you have similar issues with people driving expensive cars?

Nobody deserves to be attacked and robbed in the street

I agree why should people feel embarrassed or frightened for for wearing, driving or riding their purchase.

I say people should mind their own business.

By *azylivingMan  over a year ago

random location

"Of course it is everyone's right to walk along the streets dripping with gold jewellery and flaunting wealth. And of course it's not their fault if they get mugged in broad daylight. The same applies to the new craze of mugging cyclists for their expensive cycles. Are these lycra clad speed merchants just flaunting their wealth by riding these super expensive machines....?"

People should have the right to look how they want, dress how they want, buy what they want,

They shouldn’t have to fear to be mugged by a lowlife who has chosen to steal, mug, rob, or abuse them due to what they have earned the right to have.

By *ooliganMan  over a year ago

Preston

I ride a bike that would be considered expensive by most non cyclists, I'm a lifelong cyclist and cycle tech geek so I love having a bike that is the absolute zenith of technology.

I make a lot of sacrafices to own it, but riding bikes is a huge part of my life - I know a lot of people that have spent a lot more on fags and booze during the same period of time I've owned it!

If you're an F1 fan, you'll never be able to drive, let along own the cars you love, but as a cyclist, I can own and ride a bike identical to a Tour de France winning bike.

Luckily theft isn't a problem in this neck of the woods.

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

I have never been mugged yet although to be entirely equitable, the lower class bounders who have the brazen audacity to venture into our high end district are too busy dothing their caps at my elevated social status and at any rate, can’t reach me atop my lofty form of transport to attempt such an unsocial act.

Straight up legit seen people riding penny farthings around Hackney "

I once bought a unicycle to ride around base as there was a ban on non-officer ranks riding bicycles as they couldn't salute officers.

If they are going to try and nick my uber bike, I'll just take the helicopter instead. That'll fox them....

Chelmsford

On a Sunday afternoon I sometimes put my apron and straw hat on and take my butchers bike with a basket on the front out for a spin . The faces of these lycra clad carbon lovers is a picture as I overtake them .. I usually shout, Make Way ..

The power is all in the legs and not the machine...

» Add a new message to this topic