FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Retrogames

Retrogames

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *punkymonkey40 OP   Man  over a year ago

derby

Just getting back into playing old games from the c64 digging into the old memory bank of my youth

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I used to love booking an hour on the BBC computer at my local library as a kid just to play Repton

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Stick and a hoop for me lol x

I still have my Amiga 1200 in the attic. There’s hundreds of rip off copies of games too my favourite was always monkey island or Eye of the Beholder

"I still have my Amiga 1200 in the attic. There’s hundreds of rip off copies of games too my favourite was always monkey island or Eye of the Beholder "

Monkey island amazing game

I had a spectrum 128k until my brother blew it up

By *urvyBi-84Man  over a year ago

Lancs

Retro games are awesome. I still have a couple from the Amstrad that can be played via an emulator on my modern laptop.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Atari tennis, big bat or little bat!

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Used to spend hours on a wet winters day playing Chucky Egg, Donkey kong or Asteroids

"I still have my Amiga 1200 in the attic. There’s hundreds of rip off copies of games too my favourite was always monkey island or Eye of the Beholder

I had a spectrum 128k until my brother blew it up "

I’d completed monkey island so many times but yet it was always played. Monkey island 2 not so much since there were 12 game disks needing changed every 2 minutes

I used to love all the “dizzy” games too

"I still have my Amiga 1200 in the attic. There’s hundreds of rip off copies of games too my favourite was always monkey island or Eye of the Beholder

I’d completed monkey island so many times but yet it was always played. Monkey island 2 not so much since there were 12 game disks needing changed every 2 minutes "

Yeah I didn’t play the second one for that reason but loved the first and wish I could get it now on PS

I’d completed monkey island so many times but yet it was always played. Monkey island 2 not so much since there were 12 game disks needing changed every 2 minutes

Yeah I didn’t play the second one for that reason but loved the first and wish I could get it now on PS "

I actually downloaded the pc version from a certain bay of pirates. I had to! Although it’s the more updated graphics it’s still awesome

By *hunky GentMan  over a year ago

Maldon and Peterborough

I bought one if those retro version ones a few Christmas's ago.

Used it once - it's in the loft somewhere now.

Yeah I didn’t play the second one for that reason but loved the first and wish I could get it now on PS

I actually downloaded the pc version from a certain bay of pirates. I had to! Although it’s the more updated graphics it’s still awesome "

I downloaded another world on PS which is ace so now on the hunt for monkey island

"Just getting back into playing old games from the c64 digging into the old memory bank of my youth "

Thank got you said the c64! I was dreading coming into the thread and someone talking about the first xbox or something as retro

I actually downloaded the pc version from a certain bay of pirates. I had to! Although it’s the more updated graphics it’s still awesome

I downloaded another world on PS which is ace so now on the hunt for monkey island "

That’s your afternoon sorted

I downloaded another world on PS which is ace so now on the hunt for monkey island

That’s your afternoon sorted

"

Found it and purchased £60 on ps3, special edition version

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Looking to get c64 and amiga 600 emulators on my laptop

T

My first computer was a speccy with the rubber keys - loved that thing! So many hours spent playing Dan Dare!

By *eavertrackerMan  over a year ago

Derby

My sister sat on the box of cassettes on the first day, that was my youth ruined

derby

Our first machine to my memory was the atari which one I do not remember maybe the 2600

Playing dig dug and pitfall and a cowboy game where they shot square bullets.. Then we had the zx spectrum 48 where my dad had bags and bags of copy games on old yellow boots cassettes... Then i got my first machine which was the classic c64 still remember being so excited about getting outrun for it after playing it almost every day on arcade in spain...had this for years until upgrading to the amiga a500 then to Sega master system, megadrive then ps1,2, 3 then 4..but now miss the older games yet they seem so damn hard to play now

By *ockosaurusMan  over a year ago

Warwick

"Used to spend hours on a wet winters day playing Chucky Egg, Donkey kong or Asteroids "

Chucky Egg!

Played that soo much and got so far.

Don't think I'd have the patience to play through all the levels twice to get 2 ducks out now.

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Ohhh I used to love Commando & Underwurlde on the ZX Spectrum.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Played the disc version of Elite on the BBC Micro. A ground breaking game all in 32k of ram!

By *dalisqueWoman  over a year ago

land of make believe

"I used to love booking an hour on the BBC computer at my local library as a kid just to play Repton "

I used to love this game too,luckily I coukd just play it

at home.

There are 3 Repton apps xx

By *razyhorse58Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

Bought one of those C64 with about 50 games on last year, great in lockdown

Skool daze on the spectrum

derby

"Bought one of those C64 with about 50 games on last year, great in lockdown "

Got a non working c64 stripped it down and put a raspberry pi 3 inside it.. Now can play all the c64 games plus others from the golden era of gaming

By *igDaddyGriffMan  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

My kinda thread!

I'm a retro gaming collector lol. Currently have approx 30 boxed consoles with the oldest one being a Binatone TV Master MK4. Think that's around 1980?? Off top of my head! Love playing the old stuff

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

Operation Wolf on Speccy 128k with light gun. Loading games and calibrating and sometimes on rare occasions you needed to enter pin from instruction manual or box too right? You really had to graft for your fun back then. Still, 9.99-14.99 for your A list game and 2.99 for a budget game in those days

By *hesblokeMan  over a year ago

Derbyshire village

Started with a 48k spectrum, went through the Amiga and sega consoles, playstation and now running 1990s games on a raspberry pi and pc

I've kept all my old games and consoles. I think the rarest I've got is a boxed Resi 4 edition of the Gamecube.

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

I still have a ZX81 and 48K spectrum set up in the living room. The former is believed to be the world's oldest working example. Both have modern SD card adaptors.

Not set up but I have a Commodore 64 with cassette and disc drive, an Atari ST and Mac Color Classic

derby

Apart from c64 (with the pi inside) the only original things I have is operation wolf, outrun and ghostbusters on the original releases and not the sell thru ones... Outrun has the arcade music on a 2nd cassette

"I used to love booking an hour on the BBC computer at my local library as a kid just to play Repton

I used to love this game too,luckily I coukd just play it

at home.

There are 3 Repton apps xx"

I know ace eh

Luton

I still have 90% of my original cassettes and discs from the 80s and 90s.... And a few new cassettes for the Sinclair machines.

derby

"I still have 90% of my original cassettes and discs from the 80s and 90s.... And a few new cassettes for the Sinclair machines. "

Nice would love to experience the old loading process but it's finding the space amongst all my other junk lol

Luton

"I still have 90% of my original cassettes and discs from the 80s and 90s.... And a few new cassettes for the Sinclair machines.

Nice would love to experience the old loading process but it's finding the space amongst all my other junk lol"

Somehow I find space in among the vinyl records, cassettes, reels, collection of vintage cameras and DIY equipment.

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

3D Ant Attack, Jet Set Willy, Manic Miner, Jet Pac, Chucky Egg, Attic Attack…..so many classics from yesteryear

By *urulovesnylonMan  over a year ago

Harrow

C64 Amiga then all the various PS’s later I still think C64 rocked the most.

Luton

First time I played 3D Monster Maze I nearly crapped myself when the blocky T-Rex appeared on the screen.

Still a favourite almost 40 years after its release.

derby

"I still have 90% of my original cassettes and discs from the 80s and 90s.... And a few new cassettes for the Sinclair machines.

Nice would love to experience the old loading process but it's finding the space amongst all my other junk lol

Somehow I find space in among the vinyl records, cassettes, reels, collection of vintage cameras and DIY equipment. "

Glad I am not the only one to collect vintage stuff still have videos (mostly the original video nasties) super 8 films and a few projectors and my autograph collection

Luton

Somehow I find space in among the vinyl records, cassettes, reels, collection of vintage cameras and DIY equipment.

Glad I am not the only one to collect vintage stuff still have videos (mostly the original video nasties) super 8 films and a few projectors and my autograph collection "

I still shoot 8mm film!

By *L5guyMan  over a year ago

westhoughton

Chucky egg what a game

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple  over a year ago

Watford

Marbles anyone?

You should try using the steam platform. They have many retro games updated for PC. And they are quite cheap.

derby

"

I still shoot 8mm film! "

Cool was always interested in that but the cost of 3min film and getting it developed put me off.. My friend had a few cameras but I think he got rid of them.. But loads of 8mm and 16mm Projectors

"I used to love all the “dizzy” games too "

yeeeeey!!!!

Mr wimpy on the c64 and cannon fodder on the Amiga

Also kids will never understand the pain of playing a game and dying right at the end and having to start right at the beginning as had no save feature!

"I used to love all the “dizzy” games too "

Here ya go,

https://yolkfolk.com/play-online/

ZX spunktrum 48k

Daley Thompson’s decathlon. Perfect training for the years of power wanking to come as a teenager

"I used to love all the “dizzy” games too

Here ya go,

https://yolkfolk.com/play-online/ "

Thanks muchky

By *.D.I.D.A.SMan  over a year ago

London/Essex... ish... Romford to be exact

"I used to love all the “dizzy” games too

Here ya go,

https://yolkfolk.com/play-online/

Thanks muchky "

I remember I had to phone the helpline once on how to beat a level. I still don't think I understood and never made it past. Don't think I could bare to relive the torment.

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"ZX spunktrum 48k

Daley Thompson’s decathlon. Perfect training for the years of power wanking to come as a teenager "

That game was absolutely brutal on the old Kempston Joystick

Luton

"ZX spunktrum 48k

Daley Thompson’s decathlon. Perfect training for the years of power wanking to come as a teenager

That game was absolutely brutal on the old Kempston Joystick "

I think I killed two Kempston Competition Pro joysticks with that game.

I don't dare play it with my one remaining Quickshot.

By *inkyRebelMan  over a year ago

Swindon

Anyone remember Blasteroids or Zenon 2.top games

Horace goes skiing on the old spectrum 48k and Rambo classic games

Ray part 1-2-3 if you know you know

rip java

Luton

How many are aware that both Crash and ZZAP64 magazines have relaunched this year? They cover both retro games for the Spectrum and 64 respectively and the current releases. Available as print mag or pdf every two months.

derby

"How many are aware that both Crash and ZZAP64 magazines have relaunched this year? They cover both retro games for the Spectrum and 64 respectively and the current releases. Available as print mag or pdf every two months. "

Cool I have every issue of both on pdf nice to look through from time to time

» Add a new message to this topic