FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Chris Packham

Chris Packham

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *yron69 OP   Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Along with online abuse he has now had his front gates burned by a burning vehicle.

What is so wrong with people who go to such lengths because they viciously oppose a person’s point of view?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Idiots.

I’m not a fan of his bu this sort of behaviour is unacceptable.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Lots of people are very passionate about their feelings, which can spill out into undesirable events

Fareham

"Lots of people are very passionate about their feelings, which can spill out into undesirable events "

No a great excuse. We are all passionate about things and fortunately do not resort to arson.

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

What prompted this action ? Was it something he said ?

Fareham

"What prompted this action ? Was it something he said ?"

His campaigning generally .

Kidsgrove

"What prompted this action ? Was it something he said ?

His campaigning generally . "

Oh

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Oh "

He was in the news yesterday for delivering a petition for the Royal family to re-wild their estates but can't see that being the reason for someone to leave a burning vehicle outside his house.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Terry Nutkins has gone too far this time

Kidsgrove

Oh

He was in the news yesterday for delivering a petition for the Royal family to re-wild their estates but can't see that being the reason for someone to leave a burning vehicle outside his house. "

I have just read up on some of his other campaigns, basically what he wants to stop, causes financial loss to certain businesses.

Are you sure it wasn't just his new Tesla being delivered?..

He had dead animals strung to his gates when he joined the fox and badger bans

evesham

[Removed by poster at 10/10/21 10:14:53]

evesham

Oh

He was in the news yesterday for delivering a petition for the Royal family to re-wild their estates but can't see that being the reason for someone to leave a burning vehicle outside his house.

I have just read up on some of his other campaigns, basically what he wants to stop, causes financial loss to certain businesses.

And their response it to set fire to his property. Pretty pathetic really. "

Obviously I don't think it's the individual companies so provably should have worded it as the response from those who disagree with him..... Before all the pedents wake up

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Pathetic nastys! We need more chris packhams in the world! X

"Along with online abuse he has now had his front gates burned by a burning vehicle.

What is so wrong with people who go to such lengths because they viciously oppose a person’s point of view?"

Disgusting, really pathetic!

Sad case of society, who can't control their emotions.

Why don't they put all that effort into something more positive.....

Now there's a thought!

It’s absolutely disgusting I have no idea how you can be that nasty because you don’t agree with someone

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering ish

"Along with online abuse he has now had his front gates burned by a burning vehicle.

What is so wrong with people who go to such lengths because they viciously oppose a person’s point of view?"

I'm not condoning this kind of behaviour but the man is a complete fucking idiot ! He has been campaigning to get crows, seaguls, magpies, jays and the like taken off of the general license. The general licence allows these birds classed as vermin to be legally controlled. The birds mentioned will all take eggs and young chicks from a nest and eat them. So the gamekeepers are trying to protect all the wild birds (not just game birds). This moron is trying to protect the vermin that is basically reducing the numbers of wild birds that we all want to see. Oh and he has the BBC to help him to spread bullshit too !

"Terry Nutkins has gone too far this time "

Ha ha

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"Lots of people are very passionate about their feelings, which can spill out into undesirable events

No a great excuse. We are all passionate about things and fortunately do not resort to arson."

Its not a excuse.

Its a understanding about emotions and how they run deep, education is the way forward in processing these feelings healthily.

Unfortunately, as shown by the actions of people worldwide over the last couple of years, large swathes of society see no issue in breaking the law in pursuit of campaigning for what they believe is right. A precedent was set and people think they have carte blanche in the form of protest.

By *elshman52Man  over a year ago

North Wales

Oh

He was in the news yesterday for delivering a petition for the Royal family to re-wild their estates but can't see that being the reason for someone to leave a burning vehicle outside his house. "

The royal family are ruthless and will do anything to protect their interests. Look what happened to Diana and how they treated Harry! Wouldnt put anything past them. We need rid of the lot of them.

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

On the news yesterday he said that we need to reduce farming as we are all reliant on cheap food.

Lots of people in this country have no choice.

By *aiseiMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

From Sky News:

In a video posted on Twitter, Packham said: "All I can say is whoever you are, you burnt down the wrong gates.

"If you think that by burning down those gates, I'm suddenly going to become a supporter of unsustainable illegal shooting, the unwarranted savagery wrought upon foxes in our countryside when they're torn to pieces by dogs, then you're wrong.”

From what I've read, it's damn near a terrorist attack, though doubt that will suit the agendas if the media etc

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

I might be wrong but I think some of this results from a sense of hypocrisy on his part when it comes to his eco credentials versus his business and personal activities. A quick internet search will reveal this.

That's not to excuse the appalling action which has been taken against him but sadly this seems to be what's happening now. Issues are being polarised, stirred up aand exploited by political opportunists or even extremists, so what used to result in healthy debate, now seems to be an excuse for ever more physical and intimidating 'direct action'. The sort of people currently blocking our roads on a regular basis are starting to find out what happens when other see the law being ignored and decide to take direct action of their own. It's all very sad.

"I might be wrong but I think some of this results from a sense of hypocrisy on his part when it comes to his eco credentials versus his business and personal activities. A quick internet search will reveal this.

That's not to excuse the appalling action which has been taken against him but sadly this seems to be what's happening now. Issues are being polarised, stirred up aand exploited by political opportunists or even extremists, so what used to result in healthy debate, now seems to be an excuse for ever more physical and intimidating 'direct action'. The sort of people currently blocking our roads on a regular basis are starting to find out what happens when other see the law being ignored and decide to take direct action of their own. It's all very sad.

"

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

What is so wrong with people who go to such lengths because they viciously oppose a person’s point of view?

I'm not condoning this kind of behaviour but the man is a complete fucking idiot ! He has been campaigning to get crows, seaguls, magpies, jays and the like taken off of the general license. The general licence allows these birds classed as vermin to be legally controlled. The birds mentioned will all take eggs and young chicks from a nest and eat them. So the gamekeepers are trying to protect all the wild birds (not just game birds). This moron is trying to protect the vermin that is basically reducing the numbers of wild birds that we all want to see. Oh and he has the BBC to help him to spread bullshit too ! "

Come spend 5mins in my town and see why we hate seagulls. Rats of the sky.

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

I have always liked and very much respected Chris Packham. Even more so in fact since I watched the eye opening documentary on him living with Aspergers and how he copes in the public eye with said condition.

"From what I've read, it's damn near a terrorist attack, though doubt that will suit the agendas if the media etc"

ashford

I'm not condoning this kind of behaviour but the man is a complete fucking idiot ! He has been campaigning to get crows, seaguls, magpies, jays and the like taken off of the general license. The general licence allows these birds classed as vermin to be legally controlled. The birds mentioned will all take eggs and young chicks from a nest and eat them. So the gamekeepers are trying to protect all the wild birds (not just game birds). This moron is trying to protect the vermin that is basically reducing the numbers of wild birds that we all want to see. Oh and he has the BBC to help him to spread bullshit too ! "

He most certainly is not a fucking idiot! Why do us humans think we have the right to decide what lives and what dies???? In fact its us humans that are the vermin in this world!!! His deffo not the moron!!

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

"Lots of people are very passionate about their feelings, which can spill out into undesirable events "

But being so passionate about ripping animals apart in as many various and cruel ways as possible should never be allowed to happen.

Its very doubtful that this will get looked into as deeply as if an anti hunt protestor did this at say the gates of the Belvior hunt.

"From Sky News:

In a video posted on Twitter, Packham said: "All I can say is whoever you are, you burnt down the wrong gates.

"If you think that by burning down those gates, I'm suddenly going to become a supporter of unsustainable illegal shooting, the unwarranted savagery wrought upon foxes in our countryside when they're torn to pieces by dogs, then you're wrong.”

"

I listened to him yesterday talking about whether the violence is going to excalate even further and whether he /his step daughter are going to be beaten up, or have their cars tampered with, or even worse... Directly killed

By *r.SJMan  over a year ago

Wellingborough

"I have always liked and very much respected Chris Packham. Even more so in fact since I watched the eye opening documentary on him living with Aspergers and how he copes in the public eye with said condition.

"

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

Now there's a thought!"

We seem to be in the age where some people, if others disagree with them(or vice versa), see it as some kind of personal, and personalised attack, amdd use that as a proxy excuse for literally(if not verbally /online) abuse of a yone who disagrees with them.

I think we may be past society being called society. Post society fractured accumulation of individuals?

Whatever thee arbitrary label, it's fucking dangerous. And dare I say it media organisations, amd government clampdowns on what we term 'free' speech need to be discussed in parliament /law immediately. Sad as I am to entertain it.

The status quo isn't working ;it's getting worse(Jo Cox anyone?) ; we're eating each other.

By *ormorantMan  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

I'm not condoning this kind of behaviour but the man is a complete fucking idiot ! He has been campaigning to get crows, seaguls, magpies, jays and the like taken off of the general license. The general licence allows these birds classed as vermin to be legally controlled. The birds mentioned will all take eggs and young chicks from a nest and eat them. So the gamekeepers are trying to protect all the wild birds (not just game birds). This moron is trying to protect the vermin that is basically reducing the numbers of wild birds that we all want to see. Oh and he has the BBC to help him to spread bullshit too !

He most certainly is not a fucking idiot! Why do us humans think we have the right to decide what lives and what dies???? In fact its us humans that are the vermin in this world!!! His deffo not the moron!!"

Agree fully…

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Gamekeepers are trying to protect all the wild birds, are they?

Actual fucking LOL.

Gamekeepers are trying to protect all the wild birds, are they?

Actual fucking LOL. "

Not all of us are wankers..... some of us are animal loving vegetarians who happen to be gamekeepers......

"I have always liked and very much respected Chris Packham. Even more so in fact since I watched the eye opening documentary on him living with Aspergers and how he copes in the public eye with said condition.

"

will check that out

used to like him, and thought him a good presenter years ago, but feel hes expressing his views the wrong way, if you piss enough people off then you are setting your self up.

dont agree with the hanging of dead birds on his fence or the arson, but look at his buisiness interests and he comes across as a total hipocrit, just google him and you will see.

plus he is paid a fortune by the most corrupt organisation in the country.

feel for him, but he needs to quieten done a bit and learn to judge public mood better

By *otMe66Man  over a year ago

Terra Firma

I see can see what he is doing, crimewatch

ashford

Come spend 5mins in my town and see why we hate seagulls. Rats of the sky."

And we humans are the vermin of the earth!

Now there's a thought!

We seem to be in the age where some people, if others disagree with them(or vice versa), see it as some kind of personal, and personalised attack, amdd use that as a proxy excuse for literally(if not verbally /online) abuse of a yone who disagrees with them.

I think we may be past society being called society. Post society fractured accumulation of individuals?

Whatever thee arbitrary label, it's fucking dangerous. And dare I say it media organisations, amd government clampdowns on what we term 'free' speech need to be discussed in parliament /law immediately. Sad as I am to entertain it.

The status quo isn't working ;it's getting worse(Jo Cox anyone?) ; we're eating each other.

"

One wonders how on earth the songbirds coped before gamekeepers were a thing?

Mr

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

Perhaps , about food , meat farming . About 90% ? of people in this country . Have no clue about how food , meat is produced. To get to supermarkets and then to home to eat. One of the best shown , I have seen was on program called River Cottage, hosted by Hugh Fernley - Whittingstall. He took members of public in a program. Showing from as such breeding , birth growing up and then to abattoir etc. Packing. He also explained about keeping as such vermin in check. But also conservation. Without being very biased one way or other. Chris Packham has his own agenda ?

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Mr"

Thank God for them gamekeepers.

We want to kill these birds, but not them birds, them birds are cool, we should just kill the other ones.

By *inkyeroticaCouple  over a year ago

Ampthill

"On the news yesterday he said that we need to reduce farming as we are all reliant on cheap food.

Lots of people in this country have no choice. "

Chris Packham is actually one of the most reasoned voices you will hear in the vegan movement against the exploitation of animals and the cruelty around it.

As an example, and to cover the point you make on food costs, he and many others (myself included) support farmers being paid the actual production cost of food with enough to make a profit for future reinvestment in more ecological, ethical and sustainable food production. You want to buy a roast chicken for £2.50? Don’t expect the farmer to make anything on that, or the chicken to have anything resembling a decent brief life. Post brexit, and no longer subjected to the CAP, our food prices will rise anyhow. Make the price increase worthwhile. We all eat, we will all pay more.

The tragedy of attacking Chris Packham is he also preaches tolerance towards those who don’t share his views. Militant action against a non-militant is especially disturbing.

He is a horrible man with views that will see the demise of songbirds.

Fareham

The countryside is barren. It’s often just a huge factory where until relatively recently everything that moved was considered a pest.

Coincidentally a friend of mine managed woodland on his own. By thinning trees it brought new life especially birds.

WW1 killed a lot of men who managed woods and many then grew too thick. Though since 1945 we’ve lost 40% of our woodland and a huge percentage of meadows.

Good on Chris for sticking up to the bumpkin bullies of nature.

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering ish

Mr

We want to kill these birds, but not them birds, them birds are cool, we should just kill the other ones. "

Here we go again, someone with an opinion on a subject they no absolutely nothing about ! If I know nothing about a subject I keep my mouth shut and listen and try and learn that way it helps me not appear stupid.

By *aysOfOurLivesCouple  over a year ago

Chigwell

"What is so wrong with people who go to such lengths because they viciously oppose a person’s point of view?"

Because it is illegal. Simple as.

So it turns out that the vehicle left burning close to the gates is stolen, and the same night a small truck, also stolen, was left burnt out within sight of the other, on the nearby heath. So it's unlikely that either were any sort of attack on Packham or his views and he is simply using this incident to further his agenda. These incidents have happened before in his local area.

ashford

Mr

We want to kill these birds, but not them birds, them birds are cool, we should just kill the other ones.

Here we go again, someone with an opinion on a subject they no absolutely nothing about ! If I know nothing about a subject I keep my mouth shut and listen and try and learn that way it helps me not appear stupid."

Ahem cough cough!

Fareham

We had a burning vehicle abandoned outside our house in the 2000s. My dad woke me up then went to move his car away from the burning one. As he ran indoors…whoosh! A mushroom cloud of burning petrol exploded behind him. Real life action adventure though it was terrifying. A whole load of cars could have joined it incinerating our terraced houses.

Local yobs.

Mr

Here we go again, someone with an opinion on a subject they no absolutely nothing about ! If I know nothing about a subject I keep my mouth shut and listen and try and learn that way it helps me not appear stupid."

I asked a question, (how did song birds cope without gamekeepers and someone added a response about killing some birds but not others.

Asking a question isn't existing an opinion on anything and as gamekeepers entire role is about raising birds to shoot the statement is entirely correct. Which bits appear stupid?

Mr

Dont get calling crows vermin, they are fabulous birds

By *stbury DavenportMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"We had a burning vehicle abandoned outside our house in the 2000s. My dad woke me up then went to move his car away from the burning one. As he ran indoors…whoosh! A mushroom cloud of burning petrol exploded behind him. Real life action adventure though it was terrifying. A whole load of cars could have joined it incinerating our terraced houses.

Local yobs."

I spent a couple of years living in a fairly dodgy part of Nottingham, and burning cars weren't an unusual occurrence. Mostly it was just people disposing of stolen vehicles, but one Christmas a car got torched right in the middle of the junction at the end of our street, and the local kids were dancing round it like it was a bonfire.

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

"Terry Nutkins has gone too far this time "
he hasn’t budged since 2012 as he’s dead

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Oh

The royal family are ruthless and will do anything to protect their interests. Look what happened to Diana and how they treated Harry! Wouldnt put anything past them. We need rid of the lot of them. "

Including Harry ?

He really has turned into a belter..

Chelmsford

And we humans are the vermin of the earth!"

Yourself included ?

ashford

Yourself included ?"

Obviously yes as I'm part of the human race! X

Chelmsford

Yourself included ?

Obviously yes as I'm part of the human race! X"

I am sure that you are a lovely person x

ashford

Yourself included ?

Obviously yes as I'm part of the human race! X

I am sure that you are a lovely person x"

As much as the next but as a human yes we are vermin!

» Add a new message to this topic