FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cat owners.

Cat owners.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So we have a cat but she doesn't like me

She absolutely loves my partner.

Anyone else not loved by their cat?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So we have a cat but she doesn't like me

Anyone else not loved by their cat? "

She will in time! Just buy some dreamies and then give little and often. My two share their love for a dreamies!!

Anyone else not loved by their cat?

She will in time! Just buy some dreamies and then give little and often. My two share their love for a dreamies!! "

She loves the dreamies but not me.

She used to then 2 years ago it became all about my partner.

By *ammy1000Couple  over a year ago

Lanzarote

For us our cat that’s 15 years old now only liked me (mr) at the start but that changed after a few months when my wife became pregnant. Then he became very close to her and loved being up against her and lying on her lap close to her stomach. But I will always be the one he comes to the most and sit next to.

"For us our cat that’s 15 years old now only liked me (mr) at the start but that changed after a few months when my wife became pregnant. Then he became very close to her and loved being up against her and lying on her lap close to her stomach. But I will always be the one he comes to the most and sit next to. "

Getting pregnant just so the cat likes me seems a bit extreme!

By *ammy1000Couple  over a year ago

Lanzarote

Well he was only a kitten at the time so I’m sure it would have got better.

Cat’s take time to warm up to people. Bribe with chicken and the cat’s opinion of you will change. Just remember cat’s are life’s ultimate bunch of chancers.

"Cat’s take time to warm up to people. Bribe with chicken and the cat’s opinion of you will change. Just remember cat’s are life’s ultimate bunch of chancers."

I mean how much time does she want?

Its been 3 years!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Our cat chooses who he likes. It varies for no apparent reason. He will walk past me in the kitchen to stare at Mr N in the living room, which is code for go to the kitchen and feed me but at other times he'll completely ignore him and come out to the greenhouse to get me.

Our daughters cat thinks she's the maid and her husband is her boyfriend

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Cat’s take time to warm up to people. Bribe with chicken and the cat’s opinion of you will change. Just remember cat’s are life’s ultimate bunch of chancers.

Its been 3 years! "

Our cat took 14 years to sit on my lap.

"Our cat chooses who he likes. It varies for no apparent reason. He will walk past me in the kitchen to stare at Mr N in the living room, which is code for go to the kitchen and feed me but at other times he'll completely ignore him and come out to the greenhouse to get me.

Our daughters cat thinks she's the maid and her husband is her boyfriend "

That last sentence is pretty much how it is here.

By *wadingMan  over a year ago

swadlingcote

My wife has a nice pussy

"Cat’s take time to warm up to people. Bribe with chicken and the cat’s opinion of you will change. Just remember cat’s are life’s ultimate bunch of chancers.

Its been 3 years!

Our cat took 14 years to sit on my lap. "

She's never sat on my lap but sits with Ash all the time.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

[Removed by poster at 24/05/21 01:25:50]

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Its been 3 years!

She's never sat on my lap but sits with Ash all the time. "

We've had a lot of cats over time and some of them will gravitate towards one person. No idea why. I have noticed that some she cats will favour the male of the house though.

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

Its been 3 years!

We've had a lot of cats over time and some of them will gravitate towards one person. No idea why. I have noticed that some she cats will favour the male of the house though."

Tarts

Its been 3 years!

We've had a lot of cats over time and some of them will gravitate towards one person. No idea why. I have noticed that some she cats will favour the male of the house though.

Tarts "

Do you still have that toffee cat with the huge penis/tail?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

All relationships require investments, to develop and sustain them. If you persist in your investments, your human or furry partner understands and gets to form a closer bond.

Cats like routine but also some novelty. Introducing greater connection associated with feeding is a good thing - not just the dreamies.

Ultimately your cat does what they want to but you make yourself a more reliable and desired companion, which they can choose, whenever they deem appropriate.

Share affection, fun and your strength

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

Its been 3 years!

Tarts

Do you still have that toffee cat with the huge penis/tail?"

Pennie

Its been 3 years!

Tarts

Do you still have that toffee cat with the huge penis/tail?

Pennie "

Pennayyyyyy, just remembered, that's what my girl calls penis

Its been 3 years!

We've had a lot of cats over time and some of them will gravitate towards one person. No idea why. I have noticed that some she cats will favour the male of the house though."

I wonde if it is because men are warmer than women?

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

My cat rarely comes for cuddles with me yet as soon as a guy comes in she's all over them. She's such a tart

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

I adopted a cat 2017 from cats protection. Within months he moved next door and became 'her' cat and snubbed him. 2019 I adopted two more. One favoured me, the other favoured 'him' next door, but luckily both didn't actually move house this time. Cats just choose their friends like us I think.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

We have two. The black boy cat likes me the best but the tabby girl's person is my daughter. So maybe get another cat?

Yes. We have 3, one of them isn't interested in me at all, she's all for hubby. I get a bit of affection when I'm next to the fridge though

By *uckOfTheBayMan  over a year ago

Mold

That's cats for you!

Should have got a dog

"I adopted a cat 2017 from cats protection. Within months he moved next door and became 'her' cat and snubbed him. 2019 I adopted two more. One favoured me, the other favoured 'him' next door, but luckily both didn't actually move house this time. Cats just choose their friends like us I think."

That is how we acquired our cat because originally she belonged next door but moved in here about 3 years ago.

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

My cat is a real floozy; She’ll happily rub around literally anyone.

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

That's why I always have toms. Queens have a tendency to be aloof.

My boys have always been super affectionate & cuddly x

By *offiaCoolWoman  over a year ago

Kidsgrove

"I adopted a cat 2017 from cats protection. Within months he moved next door and became 'her' cat and snubbed him. 2019 I adopted two more. One favoured me, the other favoured 'him' next door, but luckily both didn't actually move house this time. Cats just choose their friends like us I think.

That is how we acquired our cat because originally she belonged next door but moved in here about 3 years ago. "

Another cat thief

Seriously, it is great to have neighbours who love cats. All the cats just pop in and out for food day and night

By *onny DogsMan  over a year ago

notts

My cat loves me he always snuggles up at night

Due to mating season and my cat not going outdoors she likes me a bit too much it can be frustrating every two minutes she trying to backup onto me whilst grinding her teeth

"Due to mating season and my cat not going outdoors she likes me a bit too much it can be frustrating every two minutes she trying to backup onto me whilst grinding her teeth "

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

"Due to mating season and my cat not going outdoors she likes me a bit too much it can be frustrating every two minutes she trying to backup onto me whilst grinding her teeth "

Ohh my

I had cats growing up and one of ours didn’t like being stroked would never sit on your lap just liked being left alone.

The last month before she died all she wanted was attention never had her sat on my lap before or stroked much and that’s all she did... it was like a sad sign. It was really strange.

They need time! And if you ignore them sometimes they will come around. The more attention you give them first.. the buggers chose to do opposite.

Just leave her be for days or weeks. She will be freaking out soon and looking for your company. Then gradually without overkilling it dosed attention and soon you'll be friends. I'm a cat witch

Who feeds her ? You do it but without making fuss unless she does a first step.

You prepare and feed her every single meal she'll soon realise she needs to rely on you for something. Then the affection at your feet will start to happen when your preparing her food cats are funny things

Mine looks like he hates everybody. He would, he's a British Shorthair! However, he adores me, but only because I'm the hand that feeds him - he's basically mercenary!

FUN FACT: Kerry Katona doesn't actually own a cat.

The randomness of cats is one of their traits that I love. I have a family of 6 Maine Coons, mum, dad and the 4 "babies" and they're all as different from each other as they could possibly be. It's not easy to get a cat to like you, but there are a couple of "tricks" you can try. If you're going to pet a recalcitrant cat, always just tickle their head or chin. If they start to respond, carry on for a few more seconds then stop. They may realise they'll get more of the same if they put the effort in. Another trick is the slow blink. If you catch their eye, slowly close your eyes, open them again looking at the cat, then look away. If they return the slow blink, it's a cat sign that they trust you at least.

Best of luck OP

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"The randomness of cats is one of their traits that I love. I have a family of 6 Maine Coons, mum, dad and the 4 "babies" and they're all as different from each other as they could possibly be. It's not easy to get a cat to like you, but there are a couple of "tricks" you can try. If you're going to pet a recalcitrant cat, always just tickle their head or chin. If they start to respond, carry on for a few more seconds then stop. They may realise they'll get more of the same if they put the effort in. Another trick is the slow blink. If you catch their eye, slowly close your eyes, open them again looking at the cat, then look away. If they return the slow blink, it's a cat sign that they trust you at least.

Best of luck OP "

You have six Maine Coons, you lucky thing they're gorgeous. That's a lot of grooming though

"The randomness of cats is one of their traits that I love. I have a family of 6 Maine Coons, mum, dad and the 4 "babies" and they're all as different from each other as they could possibly be. It's not easy to get a cat to like you, but there are a couple of "tricks" you can try. If you're going to pet a recalcitrant cat, always just tickle their head or chin. If they start to respond, carry on for a few more seconds then stop. They may realise they'll get more of the same if they put the effort in. Another trick is the slow blink. If you catch their eye, slowly close your eyes, open them again looking at the cat, then look away. If they return the slow blink, it's a cat sign that they trust you at least.

Best of luck OP

You have six Maine Coons, you lucky thing they're gorgeous. That's a lot of grooming though "

It is a lot of grooming, but they groom each other too, which is sweet. I put the fluff I collect into an empty fat-ball feeder and the local bird population take it for their nests. I've often wondered what it's like for fledglings to grow up with the smell of cat

By *uminsiderMKMan  over a year ago

St Austell

Our rescue cat quickly became 'my' cat, despite my wife mainly being the one who filled her food bowls, etc - for the 18+ years we had her, it was invariably me she curled up on or next to, came to for attention, etc...

....after having had to say goodbye back in Feb, we waited nearly three months before adopting an eight-week old kitten a couple of weeks ago - and my wife's already complaining that she's rapidly becoming 'my' cat!

One of my cats hates me so much she moved out. She has a warm dry house but no she wants to live in hole under the church.

Regardless of the weather I go out into the grave yard every night to feed her. She’s too studied to hunt for herself.

Why does she hate so much and why do I continue to feed her???? My house is like only 100m away.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

[Removed by poster at 24/05/21 16:31:58]

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

They're fickle. Mine love me until grandma gets here and the treats come out

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

"One of my cats hates me so much she moved out. She has a warm dry house but no she wants to live in hole under the church.

Regardless of the weather I go out into the grave yard every night to feed her. She’s too studied to hunt for herself.

Why does she hate so much and why do I continue to feed her???? My house is like only 100m away. "

One of mine moved into a neighbours, she pretty much camped out in their house waiting for their cat to die then I agreed they could keep her, I'm guessing she didn't like living with the others at mine.

» Add a new message to this topic