FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Thread ideas

Thread ideas

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ea monkey OP   Man  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

This is something that bothers me at times, others not so much and I can’t decide if I’m being petty or if I have a reason to be annoyed.

Do you think that if a person comes up with a thread concept, game or idea, it’s ‘theirs’ or once it’s been posted, that’s it, it’s in the public and so anyone can take that idea and copy it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

I WANT MY SECRET SERVICE BACK!!!!

Manchester (he/him)

"I WANT MY SECRET SERVICE BACK!!!!

"

You mean Rubi’s secret service?

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"

YOU CAN HAVE IT !! ITS BLOODY HARD WORK

Paradise, Herts

"

Haha to be fair she did say for me to do it when she left. So ner ner

Paradise, Herts

YOU CAN HAVE IT !! ITS BLOODY HARD WORK "

Yeah well some people don’t have the brains to copy and paste!!

Den of Iniquity

Yeah well some people don’t have the brains to copy and paste!! "

I can't believe you've told everyone

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Guess it depends if the original poster has always done it and hasn't taken a break. I've seen other posters fill the gap of some of the daily ones when they've taken time away, but they generally say they are keeping the originators seat warm.

I did a thread the other week, and then someone came along and repeated it. And I liked it but I guess that's because I'm lazy.

People will take on threads if the original person has taken a break. They may have joined when the person was away and doesn't know they were the originator. Which I think has happened a lot over the past year. So I guess once it's in the public domain it's becomes public property, is what I'm trying to say with the most amount of words possible.

Paradise, Herts

I can't believe you've told everyone "

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

I can't believe you've told everyone "

You're a spanner!!

Manchester (he/him)

Haha to be fair she did say for me to do it when she left. So ner ner"

I did one version of it and that was enough for me!

Den of Iniquity

. "

At least people appreciate how hard I work on it now

Paradise, Herts

At least people appreciate how hard I work on it now "

Exactly!!! You’re welcome

Paradise, Herts

Haha to be fair she did say for me to do it when she left. So ner ner

I did one version of it and that was enough for me! "

Den of Iniquity

You're a spanner!!"

I'm deeply wounded

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't think its a case of copying, if a popular thread has been abandoned does that mean the forum can never play it again? There have been a few threads of mine that have been run by others but it doesn't bother me.

The forum is a community, it needs content for it to thrive. If we rely on everyone having an original idea everytime, there may not be so many posts.

Also just a note, it's not helpful to be passive aggressive towards other formites. If people have an issue, they should take it up with them privately

By *otSoPoshWoman  over a year ago

In a ball gown because that's how we roll in N. Devon

You're a spanner!!

I'm deeply wounded "

Someone will kiss it better.

Den of Iniquity

At least people appreciate how hard I work on it now

Exactly!!! You’re welcome "

Yay go me

Den of Iniquity

You're a spanner!!

I'm deeply wounded

Someone will kiss it better."

That would help immensely

Copyright vs. copyleft?

From my point of view once it's out there then it's a free for all (although I might copyright, trademark and patent the 'Rate Your Own Cock' thread).

But commonsense, forum 'pressure' and the 'survival of the fittest' idea probably prevents 'competing' threads of the same thing (20 secret service threads all running concurrently?)

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

This is a bit like the many tiktok videos where creators get grief for copying videos or even styles of videos without giving the original poster 'credit'

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"This is something that bothers me at times, others not so much and I can’t decide if I’m being petty or if I have a reason to be annoyed.

Do you think that if a person comes up with a thread concept, game or idea, it’s ‘theirs’ or once it’s been posted, that’s it, it’s in the public and so anyone can take that idea and copy it? "

I can appreciate how annoying it can be for the originator if people take their ideas, however its the internet and most ideas have been stolen from other sites.

Whats worse imo is where you have competing threads. Do we really need two tits out Tuesday threads?

Manchester (he/him)

"Guess it depends if the original poster has always done it and hasn't taken a break. I've seen other posters fill the gap of some of the daily ones when they've taken time away, but they generally say they are keeping the originators seat warm.

I did a thread the other week, and then someone came along and repeated it. And I liked it but I guess that's because I'm lazy.

People will take on threads if the original person has taken a break. They may have joined when the person was away and doesn't know they were the originator. Which I think has happened a lot over the past year. So I guess once it's in the public domain it's becomes public property, is what I'm trying to say with the most amount of words possible. "

I can see your point.

I think that if the person came up with an idea and people check in or it gets handed over, that’s different.

I get annoyed when the concept and wording remains the same but people just take it as their own.

It’s happened to me a lot over the years, even when I’ve been around and it bothers me when people just take ideas

Paradise, Herts

In all seriousness though I’ve seen people get the hump if someone does a thread they’ve done before. It’s a bit ridiculous and childish. I’m always taking breaks etc and the SS is really popular so I’m glad it’s still going on.

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

I would say no one owns a thread title or theme, everyone is free to choose what they wish to start and run with.

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

No one had better muscle in on my ‘Sniff thy ear wax’ threads....

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"I’m always taking breaks etc "

You are?

From the sites T&Cs:

'19. Intellectual property rights

19.1 The intellectual property rights in all material used on or in connection with our Service are owned by us or other Users. For your personal use only, you may view such material on your device. You must not otherwise use such material including copying, selling or adapting it or taking extracts from it without our specific prior written consent.

19.2 Just to be clear - you must not collect, scrape, harvest, frame or deep-link to any Content on our Service without our specific prior written consent.

19.3 You must not circumvent or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the Service or features that limit or prevent copying of Content or which restrict use of Content.'

Paradise, Herts

"I’m always taking breaks etc

You are? "

I had a thread taken over by a friend when I left and it's still going every now and then. I've had people ask if they could run something I'd done previously because it was fun and I didn't have the time or energy to do it. I've also asked others if I could run something they originally started. I'd never say I owed a thread just because I posted it,the site has been here a long time and I wouldn't know if something the same or similar had been done before I joined. But then certain threads are known to be run by certain people and it would be weird if they were just randomly run by someone else without a conversation first so, I actually have no idea

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"Guess it depends if the original poster has always done it and hasn't taken a break. I've seen other posters fill the gap of some of the daily ones when they've taken time away, but they generally say they are keeping the originators seat warm.

People will take on threads if the original person has taken a break. They may have joined when the person was away and doesn't know they were the originator. Which I think has happened a lot over the past year. So I guess once it's in the public domain it's becomes public property, is what I'm trying to say with the most amount of words possible.

I can see your point.

I think that if the person came up with an idea and people check in or it gets handed over, that’s different.

I get annoyed when the concept and wording remains the same but people just take it as their own.

It’s happened to me a lot over the years, even when I’ve been around and it bothers me when people just take ideas"

I get what you are saying I've been here just over a year, so not that long compared to most of you. The ooft thread I wouldn't have known you were the originator to be honest, until fairly recently. So I think it's hard to know who started what on here.

Answering the OP, I don't mind it that much. I guess if it becomes your thing then maybe it could irk a bit, like I get really sad when I bring an amazing word to the forums and it gets overused to the point where I want to distance myself from it for forever and ever and ever.

I do think that doing a thread too often can dilute it somewhat and the replies become a bit lacklustre/the same few posters talking amongst themselves - I prefer it when it fills up quickly and people are excited with a new format/idea. That's a tangent though.

Manchester (he/him)

"I don't think its a case of copying, if a popular thread has been abandoned does that mean the forum can never play it again? There have been a few threads of mine that have been run by others but it doesn't bother me.

The forum is a community, it needs content for it to thrive. If we rely on everyone having an original idea everytime, there may not be so many posts.

Also just a note, it's not helpful to be passive aggressive towards other formites. If people have an issue, they should take it up with them privately "

If it’s a public issue, then it requires a public discussion. It’s not my intent to be passive aggressive though.

I agree that the forum does need content, certain ideas are uniform, others are more unique and I’ve seen plenty of good ideas not be used again because it was a specific persons thread. I’ve seen others just taken and blatantly stolen.

When I was away for the last year, someone ran a couple of my threads and name dropped me, which I’m cool with

"I don't think its a case of copying, if a popular thread has been abandoned does that mean the forum can never play it again? There have been a few threads of mine that have been run by others but it doesn't bother me.

Also just a note, it's not helpful to be passive aggressive towards other formites. If people have an issue, they should take it up with them privately

If it’s a public issue, then it requires a public discussion. It’s not my intent to be passive aggressive though.

I agree that the forum does need content, certain ideas are uniform, others are more unique and I’ve seen plenty of good ideas not be used again because it was a specific persons thread. I’ve seen others just taken and blatantly stolen.

When I was away for the last year, someone ran a couple of my threads and name dropped me, which I’m cool with"

If you were away, then how could they be your threads?

Paradise, Herts

I can see your point.

It’s happened to me a lot over the years, even when I’ve been around and it bothers me when people just take ideas"

Oh come on Tea I wouldn’t have said that of you of all people! You left for ages too. I didn’t realise this was about a certain thread. Just do another one at another time. I’ll still do the secret service but I’ll still only do it once a month. I enjoy doing it and a few people have asked me to. Doesn’t bother me in the slightest if other people do it too. People can post what they want x

Manchester (he/him)

"Answering the OP, I don't mind it that much. I guess if it becomes your thing then maybe it could irk a bit, like I get really sad when I bring an amazing word to the forums and it gets overused to the point where I want to distance myself from it for forever and ever and ever.

I do think that doing a thread too often can dilute it somewhat and the replies become a bit lacklustre/the same few posters talking amongst themselves - I prefer it when it fills up quickly and people are excited with a new format/idea. That's a tangent though."

I agree. It’s hard to do that though when people keep posting the thread!

Is it too soon to bring back spaff? It looks like Oooft has got out of my hands

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Answering the OP, I don't mind it that much. I guess if it becomes your thing then maybe it could irk a bit, like I get really sad when I bring an amazing word to the forums and it gets overused to the point where I want to distance myself from it for forever and ever and ever.

I do think that doing a thread too often can dilute it somewhat and the replies become a bit lacklustre/the same few posters talking amongst themselves - I prefer it when it fills up quickly and people are excited with a new format/idea. That's a tangent though."

I stopped posting the PHWOAAAR thread because it got a bit stale

All BLOCK ME threads belong to me

I do think that doing a thread too often can dilute it somewhat and the replies become a bit lacklustre/the same few posters talking amongst themselves - I prefer it when it fills up quickly and people are excited with a new format/idea. That's a tangent though.

I stopped posting the PHWOAAAR thread because it got a bit stale "

Yep it can happen. Not that it could happen with a phwoooar thread because you deserve all the myriad of ways you can phwoar someone.

When I was away for the last year, someone ran a couple of my threads and name dropped me, which I’m cool with"

A public discussion should include a non biased open discussion. This thread is clearly about the oooft thread, so you are naming and shaming people. The SS thread has also been named, so that's calling me out too.

It's this kind of thing that isolates people and makes them not want to post anymore.

If I was original enough to come up with a thread worth copying I'd be flattered. Isn't copying someone supposed to be the biggest compliment?

I do try not to post things I see others do as I've got to know that some regulary post certain threads but it took a while to notice it. I guess newbies may post and not know the way the forum works.

I think it's kinda petty to get worked up over someone copying a thread in a forum though.

Manchester (he/him)

I can see your point.

It’s happened to me a lot over the years, even when I’ve been around and it bothers me when people just take ideas

Oh come on Tea I wouldn’t have said that of you of all people! You left for ages too. I didn’t realise this was about a certain thread. Just do another one at another time. I’ll still do the secret service but I’ll still only do it once a month. I enjoy doing it and a few people have asked me to. Doesn’t bother me in the slightest if other people do it too. People can post what they want x"

It’s not specifically about the one thread, it’s more that I’ve had this happen quite a few times and I don’t know if I’m being petty about getting frustrated, to just let it go or be flattered that people use them.

Manchester (he/him)

When I was away for the last year, someone ran a couple of my threads and name dropped me, which I’m cool with

If you were away, then how could they be your threads?"

What would you call it if someone comes up with a specific thread idea?

That’s a genuine question by the way. What terminology would you use?

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I stopped posting the PHWOAAAR thread because it got a bit stale

Yep it can happen. Not that it could happen with a phwoooar thread because you deserve all the myriad of ways you can phwoar someone. "

Indeed Meli you always introduce some me great words to threads. I may resume when things here lighten up a little

https://youtu.be/moSFlvxnbgk

I can see your point.

Oh come on Tea I wouldn’t have said that of you of all people! You left for ages too. I didn’t realise this was about a certain thread. Just do another one at another time. I’ll still do the secret service but I’ll still only do it once a month. I enjoy doing it and a few people have asked me to. Doesn’t bother me in the slightest if other people do it too. People can post what they want x

It’s not specifically about the one thread, it’s more that I’ve had this happen quite a few times and I don’t know if I’m being petty about getting frustrated, to just let it go or be flattered that people use them. "

I'm the grand scheme of things in life does it really matter or change your life in any way? Take it as a compliment.

I guess it'd a case of when all the good ones are taken people are left on the sidelines and just want to join in and that's their way of doing it.

Paradise, Herts

A public discussion should include a non biased open discussion. This thread is clearly about the oooft thread, so you are naming and shaming people. The SS thread has also been named, so that's calling me out too.

It's this kind of thing that isolates people and makes them not want to post anymore. "

Whoa hang on a minute I didn’t even realise it was you who did it! Surely by my capital letters and emoji it’s obvious I was messing!

If it is regular

Daily/nightly

Weekly

Fortnightly

Monthly

By the same poster I think it should be left to them. If it is random and just a fun thread others like then anyone can do it.

I have seen a few do the "am i on your hotlist" but we all know who the nocturnal threads are x

"This is something that bothers me at times, others not so much and I can’t decide if I’m being petty or if I have a reason to be annoyed.

Do you think that if a person comes up with a thread concept, game or idea, it’s ‘theirs’ or once it’s been posted, that’s it, it’s in the public and so anyone can take that idea and copy it? "

It's the Internet. Everything gets stolen/copied at some point if it generates views.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, no ?

Manchester (he/him)

"If it is regular

Daily/nightly

Weekly

Fortnightly

Monthly

By the same poster I think it should be left to them. If it is random and just a fun thread others like then anyone can do it.

I have seen a few do the "am i on your hotlist" but we all know who the nocturnal threads are x"

Hmmm I’m not sure that I agree with you on the difference between frequency vs random threads

Manchester (he/him)

I can see your point.

It’s not specifically about the one thread, it’s more that I’ve had this happen quite a few times and I don’t know if I’m being petty about getting frustrated, to just let it go or be flattered that people use them.

I'm the grand scheme of things in life does it really matter or change your life in any way? Take it as a compliment.

I guess it'd a case of when all the good ones are taken people are left on the sidelines and just want to join in and that's their way of doing it. "

I see your point.

Perhaps I need to just let it go and do something else instead

"If it is regular

Daily/nightly

Weekly

Fortnightly

Monthly

I have seen a few do the "am i on your hotlist" but we all know who the nocturnal threads are x

Hmmm I’m not sure that I agree with you on the difference between frequency vs random threads"

That's ok, you don't have to agree.

I was just responding to your question.

However I will say, that if someone doesn't post it regular it is hard for others and mostly newbies to know it is someone elses particular thread.

If someone goes UNLOS too then the thread is fair game.

I had forums to cams, granted it was more of an event than just a thread, but it was consistent, people knew I hosted it, and when I had enough I handed it to grumpy.

If whilst I was running it regular someone try to steal the idea (and they did) I would have been pissed and said something ( I did)

If I went unlos/took a break/didnt post it when I usually would have, to me it would be fair game for anyone.

Both.

I don't know which bloke did the very first BAREBACK thread.

It does seem wrong to take ideas. I'd be miffed if I ever had a good idea for a thread and someone did the same one.

People say they get miffed if someone else says the same as them in a post but the other person gets all the .....

I think it's good to ask stuff like this in the open.

By *heNYCSausageMan  over a year ago

Everton

Yes!!! I once started “find the sausage” but no one played along. It’s still my game though. One day it will take off

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

I love a let's create some new sexy cocktails thread

I think out of respect if someone has done it regularly they should be asked. They might not feel like doing the thread for a while and would be grateful for taking over. Also.. anyone can come up with an idea! Show some flare yourself. Some threads I associate with a name and their style of running it too. In other hands it doesn't always feel "just right".

If i post a thread based on someone's idea I usually say "inspired by".. even if its a one off post. I would appreciate same back if it applied.

On that note, I have done a TOT video edition once without asking PP, but he was on a break and wanted to lure him out.

Ps. Nora I'm keeping eyes open for SS.

I'll go further. If someone inspired a photo challenge, I'll let them that know too. Ideas can come from what's around us in the lounge. And I like them to be acknowledged.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

No its not "theirs" it's just a good idea for a thread.

Others like to have the attention that the popular threads have, so they will start one but if they don't manage it as the original people do it will quickly go poof over to page 2

Me again

I've done Flash it Friday for few weeks. It went well I just wanted a break. The idea was by a user I don't see around anymore.. Up for taking if anyone wants it. Sorry to use your thread as a market tool.

Do you think that if a person comes up with a thread concept, game or idea, it’s ‘theirs’ or once it’s been posted, that’s it, it’s in the public and so anyone can take that idea and copy it?

I can appreciate how annoying it can be for the originator if people take their ideas, however its the internet and most ideas have been stolen from other sites.

Whats worse imo is where you have competing threads. Do we really need two tits out Tuesday threads?"

that irks me too.

I’m just glad nobody has tried to copy my,

‘Pull down your pants and take a picture Saturday’ , thread.

I still display my pull down your pants picture with pride.

I’ve just been far too busy to ever do it again.

"I’m just glad nobody has tried to copy my,

I’ve just been far too busy to ever do it again."

What day did you post it on?

ThreadRescue ™ has been trademarked to me and is filmed on location, with the men and women of rescue reinforcement, this cannot be replicated

Stitchin aint easy

"I’m just glad nobody has tried to copy my,

I’ve just been far too busy to ever do it again.

What day did you post it on?"

Not sure but I think it was somewhere in between a Friday and a Sunday.

P.S. please get your carrot out.

Taking a mundane everyday object or thing and then going into detail about it on a random tangental flight of fancy (talking bollocks) is also trademarked to me

I've never really had any ideas for thread starting. I tend to just jump on them if I see an opportunity for a laugh....or a flirt!

i never see a thread as owned by anyone - you post an OP, be it a thought, a game, a rant, a question - whatever , and then once you post it it belongs to the forum

if it goes off on a tangent, who cares,

if someone posts something similar, who cares

you can’t control anything once it goes online, you could just dement yourself trying

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I do think you’re being a bit petty Tea. Nobody ‘owns’ a thread, it doesn’t ‘belong’ to any one person. Ideas come and go, people come and go. I can’t quite understand how people can get possessive over something on a public forum. If a thread works and people join in then just go for it, as long as you are approaching with good intentions and not doing it to be spiteful towards someone.

I don’t think two threads on the same topic should run at the same time but even then, a person may start a thread without realising there is another one on the go.

I’ve recently seen a thread started by one person and another person start what was pretty much the same thread but with a different title and they attempted to justify the difference. If you have to do that then you must realise it’s too similar, surely.

There are thousands on this site and if they all headed to the forums this discussion would be irrelevant. It’s only being discussed now because it’s a small pool with very few people starting threads.

I think it was MisterBee, as was, that started a thread to encourage people that don’t usually start threads to have a go at starting one. That was fun.

That’s my opinion anyway

And no nicking my idea there about a thread about starting threads

That is a joke

"And no nicking my idea there about a thread about starting threads

That is a joke "

I've already copyrighted 'Thready, Steady, Go !'

as a newbie a few months ago now (arguably still a newbie but its all relative ) I started a thread that I'd seen before... hadn't seen it for a few days and when I had I had seen different people starting it off.

I was quickly messaged by someone kicking off that I had done it, and then sniped at (best way I can put it) on the forums for a good few weeks after. totally innocent mistake, but the reaction meant I was reluctant to post at all for a bit.

then I got over it... started making a list of all the emojis and, well, here we are

some really interesting views on this one!

"And no nicking my idea there about a thread about starting threads

That is a joke

I've already copyrighted 'Thready, Steady, Go !' "

I love it! Do it

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

It really depends on the thread and how original it actually is. I've started photo challenge threads which in itself isn't original but I've no idea where they originated.

Therefore I've no issue if someone wants to copy any new thread ideas I come up with. I've started lots of threads that have died with little or no contribution but others have had more success with the same idea and good luck to them.

Some threads have been derailed recently because of jealousy and petty comments and far fetched tales of drama and suspicion which is extremely ironic really considering that was the basis of some of the threads.

"Some threads have been derailed recently because of jealousy and petty comments and far fetched tales of drama and suspicion which is extremely ironic really considering that was the basis of some of the threads.

"

When you post this sort of thing are you talking about the Irish forum or the Lounge?

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"Some threads have been derailed recently because of jealousy and petty comments and far fetched tales of drama and suspicion which is extremely ironic really considering that was the basis of some of the threads.

When you post this sort of thing are you talking about the Irish forum or the Lounge? "

Both

» Add a new message to this topic