FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > All the problems in the world...

All the problems in the world...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Getting to anyone?

People dying in the Yemen, suffering everywhere the destruction of the natural world... The list goes on..

I think the last straw jas been George Floyd, and being an older butch type guy hsve found myself this morning opwnly crying, and i mean openly sobbing over what happened to that guy!

Anyone else feeling fed up of this shit?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It can be overwhelming as news is endless and constant now. We are bombarded with it. Switch off from it and search for good news. It makes a difference to hear about the beauty around you and in the World to balance the awful.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I dont watch the news i prefer to look at pictures of cute kittens and puppies and baby goats

"I dont watch the news i prefer to look at pictures of cute kittens and puppies and baby goats"

I was going to suggest he looks at those types of videos. I love them. They’re addictive. Really can’t help but smile at least.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I dont watch the news i prefer to look at pictures of cute kittens and puppies and baby goats

I was going to suggest he looks at those types of videos. I love them. They’re addictive. Really can’t help but smile at least."

Thanks,

By *tsbudahMan  over a year ago

ely

i`ve been there a few weeks back, i got angree too and smashed up a door. i dont watch the news as much now, and that has helped me. fluffy kitten videos are a great help too... search for Goats falling over on YT .. that will bring a smile

Unfortunately the news isn’t just news anymore. They just have too much power and influence of the public nowadays.

The truth is, they could slander a true life hero like Sir Captain Tom Moore into a hated figure by the weekend if they wanted and millions would be swayed. It’s upsetting

Like above.... kittens and goats are the way forward

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

Naked Mole Rats.

Now they’re awesome!

I agree the news is horrendous all the time..... there’s so much poverty, destruction and hatred in this world...... I don’t watch cute videos..... but I do get a lot of laughs from TikTok..... and watching comedians..... even the cheesiest jokes can bring a smile xxxxx

Nope. Fuck it...can't save a world that doesn't want to be saved. Just take care of those close to me.

By *urls and DressesWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere near here

I avoid the news where I can at the moment, there’s enough going on that’s all too obvious to us all without feeling angry/sad etc about other stuff

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

This planet has been replete with death, destruction, famine, misery, poverty, injustice, illness, violence, and tragedy since life emerged.

24 hour news coverage could cause one to have an apocalyptic view, but their is an attractive alternative.

Switch off all news channels and construct one's own psychological and physical bubble from which all negativity is ruthlessly excluded; several decades ago I had an acquaintance who was overwhelmed by the world's problem and relentlessly ruminated on them; he was depressed, probably clinically.

I eventually could take no more and banished him from any contact with me and my mood has been elevated ever since.

Find what brings joy and pleasure into your life and focus on that.

That’s the affect of 24 hour rolling news, so I never watch the news, control what you can control and accept the rest.

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

Too much news isn’t good for our mental health.

Although we are social animals we evolved to live in communities of about 200 people.

The tales of woe from the whole world can be overwhelming.

By *ampshirehotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Hampshire

I can't remember the last time I watched the news. I find it far too depressing. It's all doom and gloom.

If I want to know what's going on in the world I just have to look at Facebook because everything is true on there!

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I get my news from the Radio, far less doom and more to the point.

Take a break from it all and give yourself a recharge OP.

Not enough room left

"I get my news from the Radio, far less doom and more to the point.

Take a break from it all and give yourself a recharge OP. "

I get mine from essex_tom (I love his threads)

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

I am watching less and less of the news. I am more into youtube.

I gave up twitter 10 years ago, facebook 5 years ago and every other type of social media since. In the last year I have started using my phone as a phone and not playing games or looking at the internet as much. This last week excluded. Fab forums have caught me up again. But even now I'm pushing back against that. Less phone more outside

It really helped my mental health

Best thing you can do is not be on Facebook,Twitter, Instagram etc.

Live your life without advertising what your doing etc. People lived happily before social media.

Everyday you'll read or hear about some abuse directed at someone over it, most of the time people need to not be so sensitive and cry and what are just words.

Stay off social media, stop watching the news.

The world will continue

» Add a new message to this topic