FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What’s on your favourite mug ?

What’s on your favourite mug ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Mugs are one of the best things for holding tea and coffee in, often people have a favourite mug that they use more often than the other mugs, this is known as someone’s favourite mug, often they have hilarious things written on their mug like ‘DON’T TALK TO ME TILL I’VE HAD COFFEE’, often people will talk to them before they’ve had coffee and they are usually perfectly fine. Some other mugs have lovely pictures on, like a lobster playing the double bass, that’s not two fish that’s the musical instrument. I have a mug that’s says ‘My other mug hasn’t got a handle!’

Amazingly, mugs are a recent invention, invented in 1982 by Sir Terry Mug, when he decided he had enough of drinking his morning brew out of his hat.

Some of the biggest mug’s in the world are the ones they have in Sports Direct, no one knows why they sell mugs but they do.

Has anyone taken their mug outside instead of a Thermos cup, did you receive a hostile reaction, people shouting ‘That’s an indoor mug you idiot!’

Or maybe you’re a cup and saucer type person and you hold your little finger out at a jaunty angle when you sip your Earl Grey. Often people dip things called biscuits into their mugs, many arguments have kicked off over what biscuit is best for dunking, experts warn the answer is still along way off, but there’s a strong theory it’s Hob Nobs, although other scientists say there’s a strong case for Rice Tea, but this is more in line with string theory in quantum physics.

So what do you have on your favourite mug, tell us why it’s your favourite mug and whether you have a back up to your favourite mug, in case, heaven forbid you were to drop it ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't have a favourite mug. I don't have any mugs.

By *evil-AngelWoman  over a year ago

My favourite mug has my initial on it. I've recently been given another mug with my initial on that may become my new favourite.

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

Bambi

"I don't have a favourite mug. I don't have any mugs."

That’s great

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

Little Miss Suns_ine

An bought it for me when he loved me

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

I would be lynched by some of the members of the tractor club I belong to if they knew I have the logo of another make of tractor on my favourite mug! It`s only my favourite because it`s a bigger than normal one!

By *ensuallover1000Man  over a year ago

Somewhere In The Ether…

"

Mugs are one of the best things for holding tea and coffee in, often people have a favourite mug that they use more often than the other mugs, this is known as someone’s favourite mug, often they have hilarious things written on their mug like ‘DON’T TALK TO ME TILL I’VE HAD COFFEE’, often people will talk to them before they’ve had coffee and they are usually perfectly fine. Some other mugs have lovely pictures on, like a lobster playing the double bass, that’s not two fish that’s the musical instrument. I have a mug that’s says ‘My other mug hasn’t got a handle!’

Amazingly, mugs are a recent invention, invented in 1982 by Sir Terry Mug, when he decided he had enough of drinking his morning brew out of his hat.

Some of the biggest mug’s in the world are the ones they have in Sports Direct, no one knows why they sell mugs but they do.

Has anyone taken their mug outside instead of a Thermos cup, did you receive a hostile reaction, people shouting ‘That’s an indoor mug you idiot!’

Or maybe you’re a cup and saucer type person and you hold your little finger out at a jaunty angle when you sip your Earl Grey. Often people dip things called biscuits into their mugs, many arguments have kicked off over what biscuit is best for dunking, experts warn the answer is still along way off, but there’s a strong theory it’s Hob Nobs, although other scientists say there’s a strong case for Rice Tea, but this is more in line with string theory in quantum physics.

So what do you have on your favourite mug, tell us why it’s your favourite mug and whether you have a back up to your favourite mug, in case, heaven forbid you were to drop it ?

"

ROFL A fine historical analysis of the mug sir

"Little Miss Suns_ine

An bought it for me when he loved me "

Is it yellow ?

"

ROFL A fine historical analysis of the mug sir "

Thank you, I did a lot of research

"I would be lynched by some of the members of the tractor club I belong to if they knew I have the logo of another make of tractor on my favourite mug! It`s only my favourite because it`s a bigger than normal one!"

I love tractors

Mine says screw work... I just wanna stay home and cuddle with my Dog!!

Heaven Forbid I ever drop it ... there's no back up !!

It’s a blue steel camping mug.

It’s my favourite because it reminds me of camp fires.

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

My favourite mug is such a favourite I bought a second one for my desk at work. It's turquoise with a fox on it which is slightly 3D.

My back-up mug has "Lord of the Manor" on it, seeing as I live in a manor house.

South

"Little Miss Suns_ine

Is it yellow ?"

No, they missed a trick there - it’s white. I’m not sure what the technical design team were thinking if I’m honest with you. Just can’t get the staff these days.

That's interesting. I love mugs!

My favourite has a picture of Eeyore on it.

My mug at work says "can't adult today. Tomorrow not looking good either"

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I have 2 favourite mugs -

MUG 1.... is my dads Hartlepool United mug whish is pale blue with the clubs badge on it. My dad died 21yrs ago but i have drank from that mug every time i see my mum

MUG 2.... Is a green clay mug with a little frog on the handle. It was bought for me by my french boyfriend in 1989 when we spent the weekend in York

Maleficent on my work mug

Mixture of female Disney villains on my home mug

I have a mug which says 'i moosent forget my morning coffee' also it has a cartoon moose on it. It's a play on words as moose and must sound similar.

I also have a mug which says 'death before decaf' which is self explanatory as decaf is the sweat from Satan's balls and should not be d*unk. Ever.

By *oshker71Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

#fucktrump

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Lots of dogs

Mr amazing i think hes called

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

Bumble bees

Homer Simpson

"Little Miss Suns_ine

Is it yellow ?

No, they missed a trick there - it’s white. I’m not sure what the technical design team were thinking if I’m honest with you. Just can’t get the staff these days. "

‘Hey guys, what colour do we usually associate with suns_ine or the sun ?‘

‘I think it’s white!’

‘You sure you’re not thinking of snow?’

‘Nope, definitely white for suns_ine!’

‘Ok, let’s roll out 10,000 white suns_ine mugs!’

My favourite mug used to be my Norwich mug but I’ve stopped supporting Norwich because they’re shit and fans of Norwich are fucking weird too.

AND as soon as I stopped being a Norwich fan, the bottom of the Norwich mug fell out

Shit club, shit mug

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

It has Mickey Mouse on it and came all the way from Florida

By *andybeachWoman  over a year ago

In the middle

"#fucktrump "

Is that a new sex kink

By *ud and BryanCouple  over a year ago

Boston, Lincolnshire

#youweresupposedtobeaonenightstand

- it's true too!

Cardiff

[Removed by poster at 20/10/20 19:11:20]

Cardiff

"#fucktrump

Is that a new sex kink "

Couldn’t think of any thing worse...but he is a freak.

My Yoda mug from the Disney store the handles are his ears

Mine favourites are my three TOG 2 mugs.

Mine says Embrace the Suck.

"I don't have a favourite mug. I don't have any mugs.

That’s great "

I only read up to the 2nd comma and thought I really don't give a fuck about mugs (I should have a mug with that written on it. Not 'That' but that).

"I'm a crazy cat woman".

I cant remember her name but there is a woman on here whose profile is a picture of her drinking from a mug which says....In a world full of cunts, you're my favourite'....makes me grin everytime I see it

By *J swingCouple  over a year ago

North

Mine d says says my proper name

Tea

no sugar

white

Its my work mug

Only seen one member off management using it i asked why

He said he didn't see the big logo on the cup

"

"

South

"Little Miss Suns_ine

Is it yellow ?

No, they missed a trick there - it’s white. I’m not sure what the technical design team were thinking if I’m honest with you. Just can’t get the staff these days.

‘Hey guys, what colour do we usually associate with suns_ine or the sun ?‘

‘I think it’s white!’

‘You sure you’re not thinking of snow?’

‘Nope, definitely white for suns_ine!’

‘Ok, let’s roll out 10,000 white suns_ine mugs!’"

Exactly!

That’s great

I only read up to the 2nd comma and thought I really don't give a fuck about mugs (I should have a mug with that written on it. Not 'That' but that)."

I know it’s a lot to read in one sitting.

Good vibes one

Or

My star sign constellation one (it’s so pretty)

That’s great

I only read up to the 2nd comma and thought I really don't give a fuck about mugs (I should have a mug with that written on it. Not 'That' but that).

I know it’s a lot to read in one sitting. "

Well it's hardly Dostoevsky (he had a mug with 'I Raskolnikov' written on it).

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

A town near you perhaps

Mine is a china mug, a lovely shade of pink with gold writing that says 'be beautiful'.

My other favourite has a stag on it.

That’s great

I know it’s a lot to read in one sitting.

Well it's hardly Dostoevsky (he had a mug with 'I Raskolnikov' written on it)."

Yeah, I’ve got both their albums.

Shalommmmmmm.. which you will only get if your FND fans

My work mug is actually a large cup as in cup and saucer/china tea cup type. Its white with blue vintage flowers. A member of my team treated me to it as a surprise.

At home I have a pastel pink mug, we have a set of 6 mugs in 3 colours (pink, grey and cream). I have the pink and Mr has the grey but if those are in the wash then the reserve cream mugs are used.

We have travel mugs, mine is a clear plastic costa mug with red glitter in between the layers of plastic. Mr has the metal costa travel mug.

We have enamel camping mugs, mine is a pastel pink one which says 'Queen of the garden' and his is navy and says 'King of the garden'.

It's odd how we become creatures of habit.... but I now want a new mug for at home

Her x

My favourite mug that I always use every day says “Queen of fucking everything” on it!

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

AC/DC Back In Black

By *vilgasamWoman  over a year ago

The dot in the i

I take my favourite cup out and about with me, I have tea set case with a flask and little milk bottle, I take my china cup with me to the woods a lot, I’ve had a couple or people look at me funny but then I also take my cuppa for a wonder too so

[Removed by poster at 20/10/20 19:44:51]

My main mug says

I'm not weird I'm a limited edition xx

City Jeans

"I take my favourite cup out and about with me, I have tea set case with a flask and little milk bottle, I take my china cup with me to the woods a lot, I’ve had a couple or people look at me funny but then I also take my cuppa for a wonder too so "

Love that

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

Mine was given to me on my 1st Mother’s Day 19 years ago. I try not to use it too often though as I don’t want it to fade. It’s one of the oldest items I own.

J x

By *ersnickety PantsWoman  over a year ago

Club Meets Only

Mines a nightmare before Christmas one with bits on that change to yellow when you put a hot drink in

My favourite ever mug was a free one I got from Richer Sounds when I bought my first amplifier. It had a black and white cartoon Richer Sounds shop on it with lots of hifi bargains in the window.

Tragically that one vanished in the 'you will all use company branded mugs' purge many years ago.

I picked up a replacement mug from Richer Sounds a few years ago (they are free, you just have to ask for one) but this one just said Cambridge Audio on it and there was a blue abstract picture. Whilst it was an excellent mug, it just didn't hold the same place in my heart.

At home I have 2 favorites (because the washing up doesn't get done that quickly). My no1 choice was a white mug, with a rainbow and the message 'Jesus is my best friend' that my daughter was given at a jumble sale one day. Second favourite has the faces and logo from the 1980s game Guess Who? Sadly both of these have been consigned to a cupboard in the utility room because we now have coordinating brown IKEA mugs Whilst they do an admirable job containing the beverage, the coffee doesn't taste quite as sweet.

Great question, thanks for asking (and the history lesson) OP, and thanks for reading my story of mug disappointment.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

I have two workshop mugs one has a cutaway technical drawing of an engine on it the other in big capitals has

“HERE TO HELP” on it then under in small italics

“Only joking, fuck off!”

S

"I have two workshop mugs one has a cutaway technical drawing of an engine on it the other in big capitals has

“Only joking, fuck off!”

S"

Haha that’s like the one my sister bought my mum for Xmas two years ago. Was plain white but underneath it said cunt!

When she was drinking her tea my and my sister were pissing ourselves, so much so that my sister spat tea all over the cat

A twenty pounds note for inspiration before I go to work in the mornings

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"I have two workshop mugs one has a cutaway technical drawing of an engine on it the other in big capitals has

“Only joking, fuck off!”

S

Haha that’s like the one my sister bought my mum for Xmas two years ago. Was plain white but underneath it said cunt!

When she was drinking her tea my and my sister were pissing ourselves, so much so that my sister spat tea all over the cat "

I’d burn in hell if I gave that to my mum

S

Good favourite mugs everyone

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

My favourite mug is a large one which is great for my coffee. It has a stylish Puffin painted on the side and was a gift from my colleagues in Guernsey when I first worked there

[Removed by poster at 20/10/20 21:35:55]

Iron Maiden

Number of the beast album art, it's old but I love it

Mine has a lighthouse on its supporting lifeboats RLNI

Just got a China mug off a friend today,my new favorite as it has cats on it

I do have a favourite mug and the thought of it breaking concerns me greatly. I even move it when it's at the front of the cupboard as my mugternal instinct kicks in and I picture the cupboard door closing with too much force and breaking the handle.

I am now going to check the cupboard to ensure it's safe.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Mine is a mug, with the Simpsons on, saying "Damn TV! It ruined my imagination, just like it ruined my ability to, uh, um..." - but in Italian

It was a present from my grandparents, both long dead, so the mug is a memory of them. Must be nearly 25 years old now

Mr KC

My favourite mug I smashed at the beginning of the year. It was the perfect shape and had a gold geometric pattern on it.

My current favourite SHAPED mug is tall and has a friendship bear on it. My favourite SAYING mug says winging it.

I believe mugs say a lot about a person

Need I say more?

"Need I say more?

"

Belle

"Need I say more?

"

Nice jugs

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

We have lots of mugs and S has explained his Simpsons one above, but I don't really have a special favourite. Maybe the one that says No.1 mum from a young lady from Ecuador, whom I "adopted" while she studied here in the UK. It was so lovely to receive because she isn't my offspring - she wasn't obligated to get me a novelty mug for Mother's Day, nor to take me out for brunch, but that's how much she valued the support I gave her. She's back home working now, Masters in hand

A pair of Spitfires on one, 'Fort Indiantown Gap Pennsylvania ' on the other

A forumite gave me my mug at the MLS.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Pic of my Lily ....It takes someone special to be a Beagle Mum

Unfortunately i dont have mine.. if i did id go to prison and id lose my favourite mug

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Manchester Coffee Festival

Mine has 'jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks your a c÷#t'

Mine has gardening tools on it... It holds the perfect amount of tea... My FWBs has a picture of my fat arse on it

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

"#fucktrump

Is that a new sex kink

Couldn’t think of any thing worse...but he is a freak."

Trump and Biden it could,nt get any worse.

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Mug....Nooooooo

I only ever drink my tea from the finest Minton C_ine cup,...

With a saucer of course

By *oachman 9CoolMan  over a year ago

derby

Two mugs I use one with a coaster and volkswagen trailer van on and the other one bone china with a sequence of different sea birds printed around it I use that one all the time..

By *irenGuy70Man  over a year ago

Cirencester

"My favourite mug used to be my Norwich mug but I’ve stopped supporting Norwich because they’re shit and fans of Norwich are fucking weird too.

AND as soon as I stopped being a Norwich fan, the bottom of the Norwich mug fell out

Shit club, shit mug "

Hahahaha - that's absolutely savage!

My favourite mug is one I got when I visited the Leaning Tower of Pisa. It has a picture of the tower on the side, and the mug itself is on the wonk. I probably wouldn't be that bothered if it broke - I'm sure Amazon have them at £1 a pop if I really wanted to replace it. I'd probably just move onto another mug. Maybe get one that says 'Keep calm and forget your shit broken Leaning Tower of Pisa mug'.

I've got a Sports Direct mug too. I got it free when I bought some shorts. I did think why have they sent me this?, it's far too big to drink tea out of. Who wants a pint of tea? It'll be cold before you got to the bottom.

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

^^^ That's my favourite mug. Obviously this comment will look stupid if I change my pic so it says "in a world full of cunts, your my favourite" given to me by my dear friend. I got her "your a TWAT" back, as she is a bloody twat best friend's forever

My favourite is my NMFP mug.. Hubbies is one I bought him.. Looks like an old castrol gtx can with oil dripping down the side and oily fingerprints on it

Duteous bought me one a few weeks ago which simply says "VICAR"

Giant Scooby Doo mug my eldest daughter bought me in 1998

Cant beat a bit of bully!!!@

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

r best mug is from holiday in corfu we had a pic took with her tits out and the shop keeper said he would put it on the mug think it was 2 quid he said come back at 7 to night and pic it up or the next day we where going out at 6 so we called in to the shop it was closed and the pic was in the window advertiseing the mugs

One that has a pic of my lil one when she was a baby and one that say”Her ladyship” that my bestie got me. He’s passed away so means so much to me x Viv x

The one on my profile...

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

No 1 mum in a red heart on a white mug x

Emperor's new groove mug with "its hard work being this good looking "

I did a pic the other day with my favourite mug in it

"I cant remember her name but there is a woman on here whose profile is a picture of her drinking from a mug which says....In a world full of cunts, you're my favourite'....makes me grin everytime I see it "

Here she is

By Wankie303Find posts by Wankie303 Woman

10 hours ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

^^^ That's my favourite mug. Obviously this comment will look stupid if I change my pic so it says "in a world full of cunts, your my favourite" given to me by my dear friend. I got her "your a TWAT" back, as she is a bloody twat best friend's forever

By *oxyvixen99Woman  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

I have a pic of mine

"When the DM smiles

It's already too late"

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Mine is

That's what I do, I drink and I know things.

Should probably have been on my Gin glass though.

The Dennis system

» Add a new message to this topic