FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > FEMALE CIRCUMCISION

FEMALE CIRCUMCISION

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Sadly i have dealt with this on a couple of ocassions, although illegal in this country it still goes on. If you dont know what is involved basically it is the total removal of all the external bits of a womans vagina. Any views. Sorry if you are about to eat.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No ones removing my lips

Wot the clit and all that

Jesus!! Really? Is that purely a cosmetic thing or does it have any health basis?

[Removed by poster at 08/10/09 17:20:17]

The most extreme is the pharaonic circumcision when the whole clit is removed, as well as both sets of lips, scraping off the sides of the vulva and then joining them together and sewing them up. A small opening is left so that the woman can pee and menstruate.

In a lot of African tribes a woman who hasn't been circumcised is outcast and can never marry, we are so lucky to be so free in this country !!!

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

don't know about cosmetic...it's sheer mutilation......and done to stop a woman from obtaining any sexual gratification

"The most extreme is the pharaonic circumcision when the whole clit is removed, as well as both sets of lips, scraping off the sides of the vulva and then joining them together and sewing them up. A small opening is left so that the woman can pee and menstruate.

In a lot of African tribes a woman who hasn't been circumcised is outcast and can never marry, we are so lucky to be so free in this country !!! "

Jesus flipping christ wtf

Right in some parts of the world woman are seen as nothing but baggage, if one isnt shall we say upto scratch, another one can be found. Its a mans world.

By *adchickCouple  over a year ago

Cyprus

"Right in some parts of the world woman are seen as nothing but baggage, if one isnt shall we say upto scratch, another one can be found. Its a mans world."

Point me in the men's direction........

I have a rusty hacksaw and a blunt pair of scissors for anyone that condones that kind of foul treatment!

Sadly its normally done with a blunt knife and no pain relief, when the girl is as young as 3.

Sorry im depressing myself now lol

Yeah I have heard about this is and it can't even be compared to the male version of it. It's mutilation. At least with blokes they still get most of the sensation still.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

oooooh i need a wee now

Yes as stated before the idea is that the woman gets no sexual gratification what so ever, abit one sided me thinks!

This is a barbaric practice which still subjects young girls to the physical and emotional trauma. The clit, hood and lips may all be removed, she is sewn up with only a small hole for her bodily fluids to escape, and her first sexual partner has often to cut her open to allow sex to take place. Pity the woman who has to give birth, she must be cut open and then re-stitched closed afterwards.

How can this practice still be enforced onto girls from the age of four and up be seen as religious and cultural? Sorry I cannot grasp the concept of it and find it a highly emotive subject.

By *imfromGlasgowMan  over a year ago

er...guess

When you looks at the parts of the world where it's still commonplace you see places where women are treated as no more than chattels - not even worth educating.

When you deny women education you have a group who, sadly, will never know that life doesn't have to be the way it is for them.

Jim from Glasgow i agree, but the other argument is that if the woman was to speak out about this practise, she would probably be stoned to death!

"When you looks at the parts of the world where it's still commonplace you see places where women are treated as no more than chattels - not even worth educating.

When you deny women education you have a group who, sadly, will never know that life doesn't have to be the way it is for them."

Jim, this is believed to have originated in Egypt where many of their woman are well educated, yet it is still prevalent

By *1dKingColeMan  over a year ago

east london

Makes me shudder.

I reject it utterly!

"The most extreme is the pharaonic circumcision when the whole clit is removed, as well as both sets of lips, scraping off the sides of the vulva and then joining them together and sewing them up. A small opening is left so that the woman can pee and menstruate.

In a lot of African tribes a woman who hasn't been circumcised is outcast and can never marry, we are so lucky to be so free in this country !!! "

To my way of thinking this all comes down to twisted chauvenistic thinking.

Look at it this way,if a woman has the ability to orgasm a man - if he has anything about him - has to work to try to make this happen.

If it doesn't the woman may think less of him and if word go out he would feel humiliated.

So by doing this form of circumcision there is probably less if any chance for the woman to achieve orgasm,thus taking the onus off the male, leaving his sexual pride in tact and her as a vessel for his personal satisfaction only.

The bunch of sexualy insecure wankers!

XXXX

er...guess

"Jim from Glasgow i agree, but the other argument is that if the woman was to speak out about this practise, she would probably be stoned to death!"

That's exactly the problem. Women in the places where it's commonplace don't know it doesn't happen as matter of course everywhere in the world. Their ignorance (in the literal sense) makes them believe circumcision is the 'norm' so why speak out against it.

That, I'd argue, is why one of the great arguments FOR international development funding is that much of it is used for education - especially of girls and it's one of the reasons why, when asked why we're in Afghanistan, we're entitled to say 'so that more girls can go to school'.

Makes sense, i think lol

er...guess

"

Jim, this is believed to have originated in Egypt where many of their woman are well educated, yet it is still prevalent "

It's prevalent in western and southern Asia, the Middle East and large areas of Africa but it's most common amongst the poor of the nation and, I come back to it again, the uneducated.

Auntie's thoughts http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/medical_notes/241221.stm

Why do we think we can change what has gone on for hundreds of years, sadly it goes on in this country still, despite as i said previously it is illegal here. Some of the older foreign generation that are here wont change, look at forced marriages, they still go on, perhaps thats another thread for another time.

It was only a few years ago that it was outlawed in Egypt after the death of a girl from an overdose of anaesthesia during the procedure. I agree that it is a torturous practice that should be abolished world wide.

Too right, a guy in America, from Somalia originally, got 20 years for carrying out this procedure on his 3 year old.

watched a programme about this few years ago, they do it to the females in some countries as young as 5/6years old then when they are at an age to menustrate they make the incision bigger and so forth. Anyone even the parents who sanction this mutiliation should be stoned to bliddy death

how heart breaking to know that women after giving birth then request to be stitched closed again, only to have it happen with each subsequent birth... religious and cultural belief is so strong for these women to not comply.

Forum Mod

I watched a harrowing documentary on female circumcism awhile back

The fear that these young girls go through as they know exactly was is going to be done was terrible to see

Some don't have the luxury of any anaesthesia and have to be held down while the procedure is performed,It made me sick to my stomach

er...guess

"Why do we think we can change what has gone on for hundreds of years, sadly it goes on in this country still, despite as i said previously it is illegal here. Some of the older foreign generation that are here wont change, look at forced marriages, they still go on, perhaps thats another thread for another time. "

That's no reason not to try. I'm as much in favour of tradition and diversity as anyone but there are some things - public execution, child labour, only educating boys and so on we've managed to get rid of because they were simply wrong.

There will always be someone willing to do it, yes there was a documentary on the subject recently, and a doctor did carry out the procedure despite it being illegal, and that was in this country. What is the saying you can take a horse to water but you cant make him drink it!

er...guess

That's the problem. There'll always be someone willing to do it. There'll always be men wanting it done and, unless we educate them, there'll always be women (who had it done to them) lining their daughters up to have it done to them and so the cycle of mutilation continues.

By *itchfieldMan  over a year ago

Portsmouth

If you want to read an account of it here's Ayaan Hirsi Ali talking about when it was done to her. It's not something you want to read if you have a weak stomach. She's lucky enough to have escaped to the Netherlands and then the US and managed to get herself an education. She's a brilliant public speaker, extremely switched on, gorgeous and has been physically mutilated by her ignorant female relatives.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21160254-28737,00.html

when i worked in a hospital doing audit i had to do research on this subject. it really offended me but i had to switch off to do the job. and yes it still goes on and still there is the asking of the re stitching after birth. did you know the consultant would have to ask permission to open the cuts to allow the natural birthing process.

it used to infuriate me walking out of my room to see a woman who i knew was stitched up that way, dressed from head to toe, hidden. to see her husband ogling the western women with blatencey.

oh get me a machine gun and let me make my day lol

"when i worked in a hospital doing audit i had to do research on this subject. it really offended me but i had to switch off to do the job. and yes it still goes on and still there is the asking of the re stitching after birth. did you know the consultant would have to ask permission to open the cuts to allow the natural birthing process.

it used to infuriate me walking out of my room to see a woman who i knew was stitched up that way, dressed from head to toe, hidden. to see her husband ogling the western women with blatencey.

oh get me a machine gun and let me make my day lol"

I'll grab the AK47 and join you

Unbelieveable

Portsmouth

In large part it's the women who do the grim work and hold each other down to be mutilated. Same with religion - it spreads through women because they raise the children.

That's why educating women stops practises like these, reduces religiosity and drastically cuts pregnancy rates. I say the cruellest thing we could do to the 'men' (I use the word advisedly) in such societies is forcibly educate their women.

Then laugh as their tiny little minds implode under the pressure of women knowing things around them.

By *oe_Steve_NWestCouple  over a year ago

Bolton

"In large part it's the women who do the grim work and hold each other down to be mutilated. Same with religion - it spreads through women because they raise the children.

That's why educating women stops practises like these, reduces religiosity and drastically cuts pregnancy rates. I say the cruellest thing we could do to the 'men' (I use the word advisedly) in such societies is forcibly educate their women.

Then laugh as their tiny little minds implode under the pressure of women knowing things around them. "

Its men that dream up these terrible practices - not women - read a little more

"Sadly i have dealt with this on a couple of ocassions, although illegal in this country it still goes on. If you dont know what is involved basically it is the total removal of all the external bits of a womans vagina. Any views. Sorry if you are about to eat. "

I remember watching a programme on it once, some yrs ago and the screams of the young girl who was having it done with NO anesthetic , still live with me.

The so called doctors/medicine men etc who do this, need to have there bits sliced off at the same time.

Portsmouth

"

Its men that dream up these terrible practices - not women - read a little more"

Sure. Find me a source that demonstrates that this kind of mutilation was instigated by men thousands of years ago when people first did it to each other. I didn't actually say men or women created it, it really doesn't matter.

Women are the ones who continue to do it to each other and inflict it on the next generation, also doing the damage of making the next generation think it's desirable. It's women that need to be educated to prevent it and a whole host of other maladies.

Educating the men doesn't really work because they aren't the ones raising the kids in such societies.

Do feel free to read Ayaan Hirsi Ali's account of her mutilation if it'll help you understand.

I read Ayaans account of her circumcision experience, herself aged five, her sister aged four and her brother aged six, were all subjected to this vile act through the wishes of their grandmother. Their father a political activist was a liberated man against such practice but was imprisoned at the time. Their mother also knew nothing of it but was also against it.. the grandmother instigated it and followed it through.

Islam cannot be blamed for this either as the practice predates even that religion although it was adopted by Islam with fervour.

Islam and male oppression may have picked up the ball and ran with it, so to speak, but it is perpetuated by women in the main.

By *Pebble-Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

i remember a few years ago opening a Times suppliment...i still vividly remember the agonised face of a little girl of about 5 who at the time bore a stricking resemblance to my own daughter, sprawled accross a dirty table as a 'midwife' cleansed her (they choice of wording)

sadly it is often the women who choose to inflict this torture on the next generation, and even sadder is that many of these women are educated yet still do this.

torture in all its forms is a part of human nature, wether we think we can change things or not we each have a duty to humanity to air our views.

my own daughter was threatened with this, i'd have killed to prevent it...

"Sadly i have dealt with this on a couple of ocassions, although illegal in this country it still goes on. If you dont know what is involved basically it is the total removal of all the external bits of a womans vagina. Any views. Sorry if you are about to eat. "

i saw a program about this on telly a while back, its absolutely barbaric what they do to them little girls and they are only children when they do it.

» Add a new message to this topic