FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Ladies - How many messages?

Ladies - How many messages?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adChapDublin OP   Man 12 weeks ago

D12

Just wondering, how many millions of messages do the ladies on here get each day?

I've had a good few cases of having a good chat with someone and then not having the next message read, do you often just lose a chat in the flood of messages?

I usually put a bit of effort into first messages in particular and spend a bit of time on them, it's fairly disheartening to never see them go from yellow to white. If I've seen someone has looked at my profile and decided not to open the message I'll assume they're not interested, but other times I wonder is it worth resending afew weeks later to try and get the thing actually read!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rAndMrsRightCouple 12 weeks ago

newtownabbey

Average 1-2 a week.

Usually zero worth replying to.

Missus

By *ealitybitesMan 12 weeks ago

Belfast

Delete each message as soon as you send it and you don't have to worry about checking if they have been read or not.

By *eordie.Woman 12 weeks ago

The Sticks

If they're getting loads of messages it's because they want to

Filters way reduce the volume

I wouldn't advise repeat messaging if there's no reply to your first...I find it highly irritating

By *iscuits8Man 12 weeks ago

Meath / Dublin / Birmingham

"Delete each message as soon as you send it and you don't have to worry about checking if they have been read or not. "

But then I'll forget which one of my 10 pre-pared copy & paste messages I've sent to them and confuse myself

By *adger BrocMan 12 weeks ago

Co. Cork

"If they're getting loads of messages it's because they want to

I wouldn't advise repeat messaging if there's no reply to your first...I find it highly irritating "

A bit like repeat forum posts.

Belfast

"Delete each message as soon as you send it and you don't have to worry about checking if they have been read or not.

But then I'll forget which one of my 10 pre-pared copy & paste messages I've sent to them and confuse myself "

That's what private notes are for

By *eeking_sensuality77Woman 12 weeks ago

Athlone

"Delete each message as soon as you send it and you don't have to worry about checking if they have been read or not.

But then I'll forget which one of my 10 pre-pared copy & paste messages I've sent to them and confuse myself

That's what private notes are for"

Is this option only available to site supporters?

In answer to the question, maybe a handful and as stated above most aren't worth replying to either!

By *iscuits8Man 12 weeks ago

Meath / Dublin / Birmingham

For the record I don't send pre-prepared waffle to people, I was messing and genuinely can't remember the last time I messaged anyone new here at all

By *chochamberWoman 12 weeks ago

Limerick

If its a new profile, single woman with a few pics, she ll get 300 messages day 1, then over time she ll change her filters and the numbers will reduce.

I don't know how many messages I get a day, it depends how active I am on the site. I ld hazard a guess at an average of 40. I open them and reply to a fair few.

People go into their sent messages, and if you ve already chatted, then your new message is readable thru the sent option. So they can read it, while it appears to be unread.

Ultimately, if they are unresponsive (regardless of whether the message has been opened are not), then they are not interested.

By *TinyDelight-Woman 12 weeks ago

City Centre

I wouldn't advise repeat messaging if there's no reply to your first...I find it highly irritating "

In a nutshell

By *he KakapoMan 12 weeks ago

A nice rock

I watched the notebook.

Ryan Gosling did not take no for an answer and the bitches love him.

So I just keep sending messages until they answer

By *osyRedLipsWoman 12 weeks ago

Kildare

I don't get that many because of my block list and filters. But I was chatting with a girl the other day who had new profile she had 800 unopened messages on first day of Fab

By *adyKarmennTVTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Dublin

Currently have 237 unread messages! No idea how many i get daily but its the same stuff over and over and over

By *ildarekinkstersCouple 12 weeks ago

kinkytown

Had 14 mails today. Mostly because of the new picture we put up. 2 because of the forums. Only one of those mails were worth replying to.

By *s LollyWoman 12 weeks ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Ahhh my lady got in before me today

This 100%

By *luboyMan 12 weeks ago

Dublin

It’s a pity that ‘No thanks’ seem to be such a hard thing for people to reply when somebody goes to the trouble of writing a respectful hello message….simple manners goes a long way…

By *ildarekinkstersCouple 12 weeks ago

kinkytown

"It’s a pity that ‘No thanks’ seem to be such a hard thing for people to reply when somebody goes to the trouble of writing a respectful hello message….simple manners goes a long way…"

Go read the site FAQ for your reply to that post

Kildare

"It’s a pity that ‘No thanks’ seem to be such a hard thing for people to reply when somebody goes to the trouble of writing a respectful hello message….simple manners goes a long way…"

I tried that before just replying "no thanks" to every single person I got called all sorts from being riddled with everything going to being called a stuck up See You Next Tuesday or still looking for meets even when I said no thanks. Some men are fine when you say no thanks but not all are unfortunately.

newtownabbey

"It’s a pity that ‘No thanks’ seem to be such a hard thing for people to reply when somebody goes to the trouble of writing a respectful hello message….simple manners goes a long way…

I tried that before just replying "no thanks" to every single person I got called all sorts from being riddled with everything going to being called a stuck up See You Next Tuesday or still looking for meets even when I said no thanks. Some men are fine when you say no thanks but not all are unfortunately. "

https://youtube.com/shorts/nU0oHGU8lsM?si=npI1DUTYWT9ZbIHX

Kildare

"It’s a pity that ‘No thanks’ seem to be such a hard thing for people to reply when somebody goes to the trouble of writing a respectful hello message….simple manners goes a long way…

I tried that before just replying "no thanks" to every single person I got called all sorts from being riddled with everything going to being called a stuck up See You Next Tuesday or still looking for meets even when I said no thanks. Some men are fine when you say no thanks but not all are unfortunately.

https://youtube.com/shorts/nU0oHGU8lsM?si=npI1DUTYWT9ZbIHX"

Very true I magically become ugly when I say no thanks! Currently got a face like a bulldog licking a nettle

newtownabbey

https://youtube.com/shorts/nU0oHGU8lsM?si=npI1DUTYWT9ZbIHX

Very true I magically become ugly when I say no thanks! Currently got a face like a bulldog licking a nettle "

Bonus points if they have "I am a respectful gentleman" written in their profile

By *leasurevilleMan 12 weeks ago

kilkenny

I was with a girl from here one day. while we played she left her phone online and she said she'd have 300 plus messages after 30 mins. she was right. 400 messages! she said if she stayed online during the 5/6 peak hours she'd hit the 1000 no problem. like someone said above, it depends on the filters. for this particular experiment she had no filters

By *itlbeeCouple 12 weeks ago

Ireland

People forget that Fab is NOT a site you can open in public.

So most people have notifications off ans might only log in once a day or so.

Unlike WhatsApp, you can't text people back on the bus, in the office, or around your kids.

By *leasurevilleMan 12 weeks ago

kilkenny

I couldn't open your profile on a bus anyway!

D12

That is a neat trick!

I'm generally talking about initial messages left on unread though, so don't think this would work. I don't usually waste time sending a second message if people are not interested the first time.

Still seems like a lot of hassle, feel like you could just glance through a message and hit the block button if it's not for you, makes life easier all round!

D12

There is basically no point in messaging new people for a few weeks then, that is good info to have!

By *asterMeliodasMan 12 weeks ago

Near Keith

I tried that before just replying "no thanks" to every single person I got called all sorts from being riddled with everything going to being called a stuck up See You Next Tuesday or still looking for meets even when I said no thanks. Some men are fine when you say no thanks but not all are unfortunately. "

This is why I never expect a response to messages I send. Unless that person knows me already, they have no way of knowing how I'm going to react to rejection, and unfortunately a lot of the guys here do so very, very poorly. Whenever I do get a thanks but no thanks, I just thank them for their time and move on. It's not like your chances are going to improve any if you get a reputation for getting shirty if someone isn't into you.

By *electableicecreamMan 12 weeks ago

The West

"That is a neat trick!

I'm generally talking about initial messages left on unread though, so don't think this would work. I don't usually waste time sending a second message if people are not interested the first time.

Still seems like a lot of hassle, feel like you could just glance through a message and hit the block button if it's not for you, makes life easier all round!"

That's still asking someone else, who's already made it clear they are not interested, to act on your behalf though.

Who wants up block forty people a day just to make them feel better about not getting a reply?

D12

I have replied to these messages many times saying 'no problem, thanks for replying' for what it's worth!

I also usually block people who've said they're not interested just to prevent any pointless interactions in the future.

By *acyoneWoman 12 weeks ago

South Donegal

If I replied to everyone and then want to block males temporarily my filters are broken and all those guys can still message me..keep it lean, keeps the numbers down..also using other filters keeps it manageable..

D12

Disagree pretty strongly on this one mate.

There are an awful lot of profiles and plenty of general chat (including in this thread) say the quality of messages is terrible and we should all be trying harder. If someone spends five or ten minutes reading your profile, addressing any points raised, and putting effort into trying to make a talking point for a conversation, it's not a huge ask to spend afew seconds clicking on something...

Fair enough for a 'hey wanna fuck' message, but that's not really what this thread is about!

You are right in a sense that no one is owed anything by internet strangers, but a small bit of courtesy does go a long way. Pity guys who can't hack rejection seem to have ruined the mood for everyone though, not expecting any person to do anything that's going to increase their chances of getting abused!

City Centre

"If I replied to everyone and then want to block males temporarily my filters are broken and all those guys can still message me..keep it lean, keeps the numbers down..also using other filters keeps it manageable.. "

Bingo!

This is so important to know. Once you engage, even by saying no thank you, apart from blocking the other person, every filter is useless.

Dublin

Understood and apologies for those juvenile men who cannot handle rejection, they are the scourge of the site

By *electableicecreamMan 12 weeks ago

The West

"Disagree pretty strongly on this one mate.

There are an awful lot of profiles and plenty of general chat (including in this thread) say the quality of messages is terrible and we should all be trying harder. If someone spends five or ten minutes reading your profile, addressing any points raised, and putting effort into trying to make a talking point for a conversation, it's not a huge ask to spend afew seconds clicking on something...

Fair enough for a 'hey wanna fuck' message, but that's not really what this thread is about!

You are right in a sense that no one is owed anything by internet strangers, but a small bit of courtesy does go a long way. Pity guys who can't hack rejection seem to have ruined the mood for everyone though, not expecting any person to do anything that's going to increase their chances of getting abused!

"

I think you've hit the nail on the head there. You feel that because you've made such an effort that you are owed something.

I can imagine that many women would would see that as a red flag in and of itself.

By *affa31Woman 12 weeks ago

Galway

Unsolicited mail is the same as marketing spam. I engage with what I want to engage with and I ignore the rest.

No one is entitled to a reply and no reply means no thanks. Once you get that in your head, you’ll be much happier.

By *chochamberWoman 12 weeks ago

Limerick

Focus on positive energy, thru pics and chat and all the women will be throwing their knickers at you.

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

Now I know why I don't get any responses from women and couples,

There are too many guys here.

I think it's time to leave this site x

newtownabbey

"Now I know why I don't get any responses from women and couples,

There are too many guys here.

I think it's time to leave this site x"

Or you could change the scene and attend social events instead where you can meet actually verified people who are looking to meet someone new

By *ustBoWoman 12 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

As said above it depends on if someone wants a load of message or not. I don't I have tight filters that's my choice and the way I prefer it. Others want messages etc and I don't see an issue with that but I don't see why complain about it when you can change it if you want.

We cannot control who messages or what they say but that's when deleting comes in handy.

As I've said already I don't get much mail maybe one or two a week and no I won't answer any that I don't want to answer. If someone thinks that's rude that's grand it doesn't bother me because there was a reason I didn't reply and didn't want to interact with them anyhow.

By *og-ManMan 12 weeks ago

somewhere

Usual answer to men

When you get junk mail sent to your house do you write a letter the the companies saying thank you for your junk mail but I have no interest in your product

Or do you fuck them them in the bin

By *eordie.Woman 12 weeks ago

The Sticks

"Usual answer to men

When you get junk mail sent to your house do you write a letter the the companies saying thank you for your junk mail but I have no interest in your product

Or do you fuck them them in the bin "

brilliant

By *he KakapoMan 12 weeks ago

A nice rock

"Usual answer to men

But bog... someone has gone to the effort to send you that advert for bible classes they went and picked your letter box out of all the letter boxes.. the least you could do is acknowledge it

I’ve all filters on so prob few hundred a day . Nothing I can’t answer if I truly want too but I’m under no obligation to answer anyone

somewhere

"Understood and apologies for those juvenile men who cannot handle rejection, they are the scourge of the site "

Sure why would you apologise for people you don't know

Belfast

"Usual answer to men

Wheelie bins are great for fucking. If it rains just close the lid

somewhere

Some woman want the ego trip of seeing a couple of hundred unopened messages in their inbox because in real life very few men would look at them

Some men send hundreds of messages because in real life very few women would look at them

Dublin

[Removed by poster at 15/07/24 19:22:23]

By *ittleBoPeepingWoman 12 weeks ago

Galway, Clare

"Some woman want the ego trip of seeing a couple of hundred unopened messages in their inbox because in real life very few men would look at them

Some men send hundreds of messages because in real life very few women would look at them

"

You are so wise!

Women complain about getting so many messages but in my opinion it's more bragging than complaining. We all have the same filters.

By *s LollyWoman 12 weeks ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Ive said it loads of times set your filters as tight as a ducks ass it keeps the volume wayyyyy down, like come on the 18-99 is somewhat a joke

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple 12 weeks ago

ireland

A few from new people a week maybe ,very little worth reading if we are honest.

By *ozzlesMan 12 weeks ago

galway

I think the site works pretty well. Its mirrors real life, some people will be interested, some will not some will hate your guts and some won't even notice you.

Isn't that exactly as it should be? Each to their own.

I must admit to a little tingle of excitement when I log on to a message though, always nice.

By *astelloWoman 12 weeks ago

Far far away

Varies on my updates or pics. But on average 10 per day. I'm getting lazier as time goes on replying. Sorry..

Deleted mine, set it up for FF only! Waste of time

By *lueLotusWoman 12 weeks ago

the wilderness

"If I replied to everyone and then want to block males temporarily my filters are broken and all those guys can still message me..keep it lean, keeps the numbers down..also using other filters keeps it manageable..

Bingo!

This is so important to know. Once you engage, even by saying no thank you, apart from blocking the other person, every filter is useless.

"

This! I've everyone blocked with filters atm to take a break. I'm newish so I'm still working this out. I'm seeing anyone I ever interacted with good or bad are still able to message me because I once replied to them. Even a wink breaks the filter.

City Centre

"If I replied to everyone and then want to block males temporarily my filters are broken and all those guys can still message me..keep it lean, keeps the numbers down..also using other filters keeps it manageable..

Bingo!

This! I've everyone blocked with filters atm to take a break. I'm newish so I'm still working this out. I'm seeing anyone I ever interacted with good or bad are still able to message me because I once replied to them. Even a wink breaks the filter.

"

Whatever you do, don't play the "send a wink" games in the forums.

By *itlbeeCouple 12 weeks ago

Ireland

But there is no obligation,

You can be as a polite as you want and read the profile.

But people have lives and a ton of the time, just aren't in the mood to start another new text conversation with a stranger. We can't catch up on fab messages on the bus, or on our office lunch breaks, so finding the time is hard.

They possibly do check your profile, and they just might not be vibing with it, attraction is very subjective, or just not looking for new play partners.

Guys on this site would be a lot happier if they could just empathise, and take a non-response as a neutral expression of non-interest.

There are a LOT of bitter men on this site. In this thread alone, plenty of guys felt compelled to remind women that they're "not that attractive" just because they get messages. Of course those people are going to give a similar shitty quips when they receive a 'no thanks'

By *imerick ladyWoman 12 weeks ago

suburbs

"Just wondering, how many millions of messages do the ladies on here get each day?

I've had a good few cases of having a good chat with someone and then not having the next message read, do you often just lose a chat in the flood of messages?

I usually put a bit of effort into first messages in particular and spend a bit of time on them, it's fairly disheartening to never see them go from yellow to white. If I've seen someone has looked at my profile and decided not to open the message I'll assume they're not interested, but other times I wonder is it worth resending afew weeks later to try and get the thing actually read!"

How many messages I get as a single female varies depending on my activity. When I’m online, messages start coming in quicker or when I post new pic or vid I can get up to 200 messages a day . But on the days I’m not so active I might get maybe 50-60 messages. In my bio , iv stated a face pic and dick pic attached in a message is the quickest way to get my attention, so I generally don’t reply to message that don’t contain what I’m looking for . On days where I receive 200+ messages, you can understand why I don’t reply and say no thanks , I don’t have that kind of time on my hands. On days where I do reply and say ‘thanks but not my type’ I get the height of abuse .. so damned if I do, damned if I don’t . With regards repeat messages, if iv read it and not replied , a 2nd mail isint going to change my mind . I’ve received the exact same message copied and pasted from one profile every week for about 10weeks until I blocked it !

» Add a new message to this topic