FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > "Not for me" Feature?

"Not for me" Feature?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *xposedInTheSun OP   Couple 2 weeks ago

Cap d'Agde

I know a lot of people on here block everyone that they're not interested in. But that seems a bit rude to us- generally we'll chat to anyone even if we have no interest in playing with them. Especially as they know that you've done it!

It would be really useful if Fab had a feature where you could mark profiles as "not for me", which would stop them appearing in searches, and the version of "Who's Near" where you only want people who match.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unshine81Man 2 weeks ago

Walsall

"I know a lot of people on here block everyone that they're not interested in. But that seems a bit rude to us- generally we'll chat to anyone even if we have no interest in playing with them. Especially as they know that you've done it!

It would be really useful if Fab had a feature where you could mark profiles as "not for me", which would stop them appearing in searches, and the version of "Who's Near" where you only want people who match."

Really good suggestion, thanks

By *imply DeeWoman 2 weeks ago

Wherever

Blocking does it already and it’s not rude to block someone.

By *ealitybitesMan 2 weeks ago

Belfast

There are many people in not interested in sexually but I'm more than happy to chat to.

I don't have any need to block those or tell them they aren't for me.

There are also lots of people I wouldn't touch with someone else's for all sorts of reasons most of which don't involve sexual attraction

Those are the ones I don't want viewing my profile so blocking is a much easier option.

Cap d'Agde

"Blocking does it already and it’s not rude to block someone. "

A perfectly reasonable opinion. But not one that everyone agrees with.

Cap d'Agde

"Those are the ones I don't want viewing my profile so blocking is a much easier option. "

If you want to block people, then go ahead and block people. I'm not suggesting this as a replacement, but as an addition for people like me who feel uncomfortable about blocking people who have behaved perfectly.

By *oxy jWoman 2 weeks ago

somerset

100% this

By *ealitybitesMan 2 weeks ago

Belfast

"Those are the ones I don't want viewing my profile so blocking is a much easier option.

If you want to block people, then go ahead and block people. I'm not suggesting this as a replacement, but as an addition for people like me who feel uncomfortable about blocking people who have behaved perfectly.

"

I don't block people who have behaved perfectly. I only block those who haven't.

If I'm chatting to someone and I know I'm not interested in them sexually I've never felt the need to tell them.

I've never felt uncomfortable blocking anyone either because the vast majority on my block list are people I've never spoken to.

They could be very nice people but I know from their profiles, statuses or forum comments that we wouldn't be compatible so I block to keep my updates page relevant.

By *j2015Couple 2 weeks ago

Glasgow

If we are not interested we will always just tell them we are not interested, if they are rude to us or persistent then only then do we block them.

By *enelope2UWoman 2 weeks ago

Fife

Exactly this

By *enelope2UWoman 2 weeks ago

Fife

Block is a function of preference

if I'm interested in pen pals or they simply want to see my friend pics and have been genuinely nice Then I don't block them.

Some simply message to say how's things love the updates, loved your forum response take care and there's no harm in being polite to appreciate updates etc and some simply can't understand the I'm not interested so they fully require a block...It's not only about instant sex or anything instant. People themselves dictate their behaviour to warrant where and when or why I block.

Cap d'Agde

"If we are not interested we will always just tell them we are not interested, if they are rude to us or persistent then only then do we block them. "

No problem with that.

But I don't want my search results to be full of people I've already looked at, and decided I'm not interested in.

Cap d'Agde

"Blocking does it already and it’s not rude to block someone.

100% this"

And you're 100% entitled to feel that way.

Just as I'm entitled to feel that it's not something I want to do.

I don't inflict my standards on you - I'd say that you should do the same, apart from the obvious logical contradiction in saying that!

By *lue NotebooksCouple 2 weeks ago

Wirral

I like the idea of this too because I enjoy chatting to some people on here but it doesn’t mean I want to shag them

By *ipsforlipsMan 2 weeks ago

Nuneaton

"I know a lot of people on here block everyone that they're not interested in. But that seems a bit rude to us- generally we'll chat to anyone even if we have no interest in playing with them. Especially as they know that you've done it!

It would be really useful if Fab had a feature where you could mark profiles as "not for me", which would stop them appearing in searches, and the version of "Who's Near" where you only want people who match."

As you are a Site Supporter, you have "Your Private Notes" button, you can make your own notes about profiles "near us; not near us; not for us - beard; not for us smokers;... etc"

Could this help for what you want?

By *altandPepper24Couple 2 weeks ago

Liverpool

To be honest we prefer to be blocked then there’s no misconceptions

By *WB85Man 2 weeks ago

Staffordshire

You see, we started off as really polite and kind on here it so frequently got rude messages or comments when we said no.

Blocking avoids all the issues.

By *irty130Couple 2 weeks ago

Bristol Area

This is a great suggestion. We run a social event, so the block button isn’t an option. We accept all types of couples to our event, a lot of which aren’t a match for us in a more intimate setting. Being able to mark as “not for us” but still being able to interact would be perfect for us.

By *atandasmileMan 2 weeks ago

Edinburgh

I think this is reasonable and would be useful, at least to some.

In etiquette and emotional terms it's clear from this thread alone that people have different opinions about blocking and that at least some would like a softer option.

In practical and functional terms there is an obvious difference: blocking blocks them from seeing your profile or communicating with you (or you them? I don't block much); "not for me" would only stop their profile coming up in *your* things like news feed and searches. I can see use cases for that.

Only the site developers will know if it would be easy or difficult to implement and be able to trade off value with cost.

By *nuggle_fuckersCouple 2 weeks ago

Cardiff

We usually just message profiles and politely say "not our cup of tea, but if you see us at an event or club feel free to come say hi"

That way we're not excluding the social aspect of the swinging community. And it makes people feel more welcome on here.

You'll be able to see you've messaged when you view a profile, and we use the notes feature on profiles, to record if they're not our type, or we're not theirs.

It's just a bit of etiquette and communication on our part. But we wish more would adopt it.

By *r LickalotapussMan 2 weeks ago

London

Agree a button would be of benefit that would not necessarily block people but would for example exclude their status updates and pics from filling / sometimes flooding updates pages.

Also means their emails could be filtered to a separate folder or view.

By *r TriomanMan 2 weeks ago

Chippenham Malmesbury area

This is a bit like the left/right swipe capability that some apps have.

It's a good idea OP, I block profiles that have told me they aren't interested so they don't appear on my searches, your way seems a lot nicer way of doing it.

By *igrobboMan 1 week ago

Sunderland

This would be a great idea because a small minority like myself find it ignorant and rude after reading a profile and browsing there public pictures and sending them a well written message with an attached face picture as they requested only from she or them to read and delete your message. Even though she or they have no face pictures of them selfs in there profile. So a "NOT FOR ME" button would be a more polite way rather than the read and delete

By *enelope2UWoman 1 week ago

Fife

"This would be a great idea because a small minority like myself find it ignorant and rude after reading a profile and browsing there public pictures and sending them a well written message with an attached face picture as they requested only from she or them to read and delete your message. Even though she or they have no face pictures of them selfs in there profile. So a "NOT FOR ME" button would be a more polite way rather than the read and delete "

IF AFTER ALLEGEDLY doing all that I seriously doubt you'd accept a not for me as an answer...don't stress most guys in here don't and can't either.

There still would be people asking why?

How come etc.

I posted a video hours ago and got 800 profile views today alone.. I'm not answering every inbox when my profile says already what I'm looking for. I dont care about a face picture of a guy 500 miles away or a message saying suck my dick instead.. yes we can preview the message so to you it shows unread but that context of a first message give enough clue if someone is a potential. Some messages don't warrant a "not for me" discussion when a block already does that.

» Add a new message to this topic