FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Fake accounts…

Fake accounts…

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *desire OP   Couple 5 weeks ago

Preston

So, if you can verify people, can you verify people are fake or time wasters??

There should be a process, we’ve spoken to a few people that have tended to show the very same pattern, after the first experience we’ve been ready for red flags.

A few days before a meet, the person suddenly doesn’t appear to be online, yet while talking have been active on this site daily on and off within hours of logins and often pretty constant.

I’m personally beginning to think this site is run by a group making fake profiles, actively controlling the website to make money.

We became site supporters…to support the site, not arsed one bit about pics and videos, we know what we like but we will not be supporting this site when subscription runs out.

It’s very strange that we see the same words, phrases, and situations used from people that appear to have zero link.

We should have an option to leave feedback on fake accounts and messers.

I don’t see the point in messing people about, why would you even do it??

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *uliette500Woman 5 weeks ago

Hull

You can report fake profiles to admin.

Not much you can do about people who stop speaking to you etc, people are allowed to change their minds. Some just get cold feet and either stop speaking, block you or leave the site.

It doesn't necessarily mean they are fake.

By *asterMeliodasMan 5 weeks ago

Near Keith

All I can say is that if the people I've met on here are actors, they're damn good at their jobs. :P

By *bi HaiveMan 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"So, if you can verify people, can you verify people are fake or time wasters??

There should be a process, we’ve spoken to a few people that have tended to show the very same pattern, after the first experience we’ve been ready for red flags.

A few days before a meet, the person suddenly doesn’t appear to be online, yet while talking have been active on this site daily on and off within hours of logins and often pretty constant.

I’m personally beginning to think this site is run by a group making fake profiles, actively controlling the website to make money.

We became site supporters…to support the site, not arsed one bit about pics and videos, we know what we like but we will not be supporting this site when subscription runs out.

It’s very strange that we see the same words, phrases, and situations used from people that appear to have zero link.

We should have an option to leave feedback on fake accounts and messers.

I don’t see the point in messing people about, why would you even do it??

"

If you feel a profile is fake then report it. Admin look at all reports.

If you don't want to be contacted by anyone unverified then there are message filters to stop that.

There will never be a 'name and shame' process. Its too open to abuse and people would use it simply because someone refused to meet them, or stopped replying to messages.

It's very easy to out those you're unsure of, both by using the tools the site gives you and many off site too. The verification system works well. It will never be perfect, no system is, but I've learnt easily to use it in conjunction with common sense and zero expectations to identify those I'm 99.9% sure are real, active people and who I suspect are just looking for online kicks.

As for spotting similarities in profiles and messages? That happens. People copy others. People seek advice in the forums and choose to use semi-scripted approaches. There's only a finite number of words in existence.

And no. There's no fake admin created profiles there to lure in new users. There's more than enough people joining daily to keep the numbers up.

By *desire OP   Couple 5 weeks ago

Preston

I didn’t know you could report in all honesty.

A friend directed us here with plenty of advice, just find it extremely strange we spoke to three individuals that lived in complete different areas, each used the same wording, into the same thing that was a little different let’s say(personally never even know it be a thing) and vacated in the very same manner and time scale.

Coincidence…I highly doubt it personally.

I just dont get messers, especially with verifications when you’ve spent time messaging and everything going well, morons.

By *oast14Couple 5 weeks ago

East Coast Yorkshire

Would love to be able to "downvote" a timewasters, as the opposite of verifying them

By *bi HaiveMan 5 weeks ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Would love to be able to "downvote" a timewasters, as the opposite of verifying them"

Based on what though? What's your definition of a time waster? 🤔

By *ophieslutTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Central

As a free site, it relies on all of us to police it and to take responsibility for improving standards. It does have an influx of people who get their kicks from engaging online, rather than physically. User beware is the only approach as online interaction will always attract these.

Having realistic expectations is essential. We won't be mutually compatible with most other people and thus most promising chats won'tead to meeting - they will get to a dead end, however promising they may seem to be.

Negative verifications won't work, due to abuse and users just setting up a new account, if they were tarred and shamed by feedback.

Report any inappropriate behaviour, though beware that it wasn't just because your expectations were unrealistic.

By *midnight-Woman 5 weeks ago

Sometimes it's just a guy having a wank /series of wanks

I was talking with intent to someone, went to finalise time /meeting location and poooofff.. They disappeared into thin air!

Just block anyone you don't feel comfortable with OP.... You could always ask for their telegram name and see what they say (unless they have multiple phones)