FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Secrets refugees.. Where can we go?

Secrets refugees.. Where can we go?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *xploress OP   Couple  over a year ago

Mid Devon

Hi all. Since Secrets in Totnes closed we've been keeping an eye on the forums, club reviews and status updates, trying to get an idea where else to go in the South West.

If you were a Secrets regular, can you post here your suggestions and feedback on clubs / organised parties that you've attended.

I'm sure we're not the only ones feeling somewhat bereft and lost now that Secrets has gone. Where shall we make our new swinging home venue?

S&S

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

yes, the south west is lacking clubs. we are not sure where we will end up and don't really fancy a long drive up the M5

By *andKBCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

Weve decided as fellow refugees to check out steamers this weekend.

We had the weekend free for it so thinking why now.

Weve been once before but the person who went with us spoiled our vibes.

By *it for TattCouple  over a year ago

Taunton

Now this is very true and in the words of Carly Simon….Nobody does it better.

Perhaps there is a secrets model somewhere in the country, but there isn’t another in the South West that we know of. The combination of it being set rural, but no so far away it’s a pain, made people go there and aim to stay overnight. Being open once a month, made it an event and well attended. There just isn’t that combination anywhere else.

WT seems ok, but membership is costly and committing. It’s also unattractive having the possibility of random guys coming in off the street to see what it’s all about. Even if they do need to pay for the privilege, it’s not a lap dance club where you can actually get hands on. This is a world where people should have choice and not have the embarrassment of dealing with total beginners, that just don’t know the etiquette.

Secrets was a party that all could enjoy whether they went there specifically to head up to the playrooms or just have a dance and a laugh downstairs. We met quite a few couples there who weren’t even members of fab! Somehow, one of the clubs in the southwest needs to create that combination, there’s a market of 80 plus couples out there who want it. Lots of couples don’t want an obvious single male presence and won’t visit places who have this. There’s presently a gap there and I’m not convinced it filled by so called couples nights at clubs.

It’s seems an obvious choice to lay on separate nights for different things, but I think this dilutes the evening and whether you like it or not, we are all now part of the long list of letters that now mean we’re not straight and vanilla. Party first, with an open environment for people to get up to want they want to. In fact we have encountered this model before…..Pikes in Ibiza used to be like this. Ran by a guy who’s philosophy was any guest can do anything they want as long as they are not pissing off other guests in the process.

We hope one of the clubs twigs this soon. Long live C & T’s legacy, someone needs to pick it up.

By *acchanalian FlowersCouple  over a year ago

Near Wells

Maybe someone here is up for hosting a secrets ish thing? We would if we had the right place.

By *uzzbuzzCouple  over a year ago

guildford

I see you are all from around Secrets area but some like to travel to parties. We help host parties with The Playgrounds at the gorgeous farmhouse in Northampton. Check out info and pictures on their profile and internetsight. Just wanted to let OP know there are great parties out there x

We didn't manage to get to Secrets, our first visit was this Saturday, and we haven't had a lot of experience of other clubs. (Exclusively Silks once and Dec's twice).

We did go to WT this Saturday for their free night, we thought it was pretty good and I think with some input from what people want I think I can be a success. They already listened to a number of people and cut down the price of membership and entrance fee by half.

We don't think we can come to a proper opinion on it until we have been on a normal night, we thought there would be plenty of gawkers there on Saturday as it was free to get in.

We thought the club was pretty good, but I'm sure with some suggestions from customers they will improve it. We feel to make it a good night it all depends on the people that attend, if too many single blokes about then couples just won't go and they will have to review their policy on single men, I'm sure they will be open to suggestions.

We have not been to Steamers Quay yet, but are looking forward to trying it out soon especially as it has had good reviews lately.

Will be very interested in people's thoughts on all this.

By *estival TigerCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

I think the problem might be for those of us who loved secrets replacing it is going to be a tall order. I would like to think that the vacuum created can be filled by someone who uses a similar model. Monthly parties attended by a good number of people in an environment where everyone felt welcomed and the vibe was “sexy house party”

S and C

By *aunchy RaccoonsCouple  over a year ago

Exeter

We're gutted that we never had the chance to try Secrets.

The rest of the South West clubs don't really match what we're looking for.

By *irtybitCouple  over a year ago

cornwall

Totally unique within the scene. Can't be replaced or replicated, we have just got to except that and be thankful to Chris & Teresa for the wonderful hospitality and for all the years they opened up their home for us all. We will continue to check out clubs across the country as we have,but always knowing there is only one great Secrets. For us Liberty Elite has been the one that has come closest to ticking our boxes x

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

Secrets was built up with huge investment of time and money No club I have been to has the same atmosphere or quality of acomodation Just simply a purley classy venue you could take any one there and feel at home

Plymouth

No where is going to have the vibe secrets had I think it was a one off.

Weve yet to find anywhere we really like. Its a case of trial and error I think.

The southwest doesn't have a huge amount of venues which doesn't help.

We dont mind travelling but its not feasible to travel large distances once a month for us.

By *ncutgemMan  over a year ago

Bath ish

[Removed by poster at 17/08/21 12:58:52]

By *itsAndTangentsCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

We've not been to the new club in torquay yet as we had a feeling what a free night was going to look like in regards to a flood of horny blokes with no idea of etiquette and its a pain to get there form Plymouth.

Steamers is... Seedy, not to say we didn't have fun there but it's a totally different vibe to secrets and the whole house party where people can have fun thing, highly doubt we'd go back to steamers so that leaves us at the same point as you guys.

Do let us know if anywhere is found!

Plymouth

"We've not been to the new club in torquay yet as we had a feeling what a free night was going to look like in regards to a flood of horny blokes with no idea of etiquette and its a pain to get there form Plymouth.

Steamers is... Seedy, not to say we didn't have fun there but it's a totally different vibe to secrets and the whole house party where people can have fun thing, highly doubt we'd go back to steamers so that leaves us at the same point as you guys.

Do let us know if anywhere is found!

"

Weve been looking for a while most of the best clubs are quite a distance away sadly.

A lot of it in Devon and Cornwall is to do with the councils. Cornwall Council won't allow a license for a club ive been told. Several have tried. Secrets wasnt a club so never needed a license to operate. Steamers don't serve alcohol and are an established sauna.

We are still trying to find somewhere ourselves and will report back.

We are giving steamers another try

Mid Devon

Interesting post from @_irtybit in the Within Temptations thread.. They've been messaging the owners and had a very positive response back. They're in listening mode which is great news. If they can sort the pricing and single guy issues out for starters, then it's got to be worth a look. And the more feedback we all give them, the more they can fine tune it.

We're planning to give it a try and probably Swingers Quay too, just to see for ourselves x

Mid Devon

This post in another thread by

@_exonlegsplym sounds promising.. Maybe we're about to get another contender to plug the Secrets shaped hole!?

"There was a rumour that what used to be Azzures in Chudleigh (off the A38) is going to be re-opening. IIRC it was delayed due to Covid but if anyone has any info on that? I was a superb club when it was open a few years back.

It was great. A huge house basically converted into a purpose built sex club with a small dancefloor and pole. Various bed rooms, dungeon, cinema and dark room. Huge car park outside. Only a couple of minutes drive from the A38. Fingers crossed Secrets closing spurs the current owners on to getting it back up and running asap."

Mid Devon

Temptations management is definitely listening! This Saturday's event will be couples only!

From our friends @fetly

"We've also been in touch with the owners. They seem lovely and are definitely open to all feedback and ideas. They want the club to succeed and offer something good to all sections of the sex and kink communities, which is great. After comments about too many single guys they have changed this Saturday's event to couples only on the website! Pretty quick response to concerns."

cornwall

"Temptations management is definitely listening! This Saturday's event will be couples only!

From our friends @fetly

"We've also been in touch with the owners. They seem lovely and are definitely open to all feedback and ideas. They want the club to succeed and offer something good to all sections of the sex and kink communities, which is great. After comments about too many single guys they have changed this Saturday's event to couples only on the website! Pretty quick response to concerns.""

We can back this post up that WT are happy to listen to all constructive thoughts on helping the club be as successful and enjoyable as we all would like. Secrets, it is not, and no one can expect Secrets to be replaced. Very few clubs have the ability to even come close for a number of reasons and of course C & T were the absolute best at what they did. Our tasks in this community it to try and help them build a club that we all feel comfortable in and enjoy. The bottom line is, it is their business and for them to make the decisions on what they want from their club. We, like many hope that it can be successful. It's a tough business to make successful. They are listening and deserve the chance to be given that time to take on board your constructive thoughts. Hopefully they have that time and finance available. You can't build a good reputation in a couple of months, but it can be severely damaged in half that time. Speak with them and you never know it might just work out pretty well for everyone.

Unfortunately think they have missed the boat regarding this weekend, but lesson learned and couples/single female nights only will be part of their plans. Can't have it like that every weekend but 1 Friday and 1 Saturday a month might just tick a few boxes for so many of us saddened to no longer have our beloved little Secrets x

Mid Devon

"Secrets, it is not, and no one can expect Secrets to be replaced. Very few clubs have the ability to even come close for a number of reasons and of course C & T were the absolute best at what they did. Our tasks in this community it to try and help them build a club that we all feel comfortable in and enjoy. The bottom line is, it is their business and for them to make the decisions on what they want from their club. We, like many hope that it can be successful. It's a tough business to make successful. They are listening and deserve the chance to be given that time to take on board your constructive thoughts. "

Amen to this.

For our part we're going to keep an open mind and hoping to get down to Within Temptation in the next few weeks. The more constructive feedback you guys give them, the better it will be hopefully.

The same goes for Swingers Quay. We'll give it a try and hopefully the management there are open eared too.

If the rumours about Azzures in Chudleigh re-opening turn out to be true.. We'll definitely give that a try too. Sounded great back in the day.

And we'll probably venture further afield too. Xstasia in West Brom is aparently excellent so that's top of our list, as are several London clubs.

There's one in Swindon but that is definitely very single male heavy so we might give that one a miss.

Then of course there are private parties.. Bit more tricky those.. You need an invite. It's going to take a while to work out isn't it!

Anyway, please keep posting details of what you find out there and maybe we'll see you around xx

Exeter

Never knew Chudleigh had a club. Just looked them up and they are on here but haven't been active for over a year.

Mid Devon

Yeah I never heard of it either and had a good old poke around her snd Google and couldn't find much.

No idea if there's anything to it or not. I'm hoping it is though. Sounds like it was pretty good.

By *ala123!!Man  over a year ago

Raheny

are any of these meets in ireland

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

Refugees you say ?

Stay away from the coast you may finish up in an orange jump suite

By *hristeresa12Couple  over a year ago

Totnes

"Yeah I never heard of it either and had a good old poke around her snd Google and couldn't find much.

No idea if there's anything to it or not. I'm hoping it is though. Sounds like it was pretty good. "

It originally opened as 'Hideaways' in about 2006, lasted a few months, the two couples who ran it fell out and one of the couples re-branded it as 'Azzures'. It was similar to 'Secrets' but the owners wanted it to be more 'snobby' so it was more subdued than 'Secrets'! However we both ran succesfully for a couple of years, each running a party once every three weeks without date clashes. Eventually the property was sold and after quite a long break they re-opened for a few unsuccessful parties in a converted industrial building just down the road from the previous property. It all got a bit silly on their behalf with them deciding to go head to head with 'Secrets' on the same nights even going down the route of making them free parties but it didn't work out for them. There were definite plans for a couple we know very well to start up the parties there again under a different name a few months before lockdown but the owner of the building apparently ripped them off for a shed full of money and refused to hand them the keys so that is the story to date as we know it.

Next question?

By *omerset tvTV/TS  over a year ago

Weston-super-Mare

Ive heard Decadent Nights in Highbridge near Burnham on sea isnt reopening either that was a great night out . I havent been to any other clubs that far down the SW apart from Route 69 here in my home town but ive heard people say Decadent nights was head and shoulders above any other club in the SW

Exeter

"are any of these meets in ireland "

I think you're in the wrong thread!

Plymouth

I've come to conclusion the scene in the southwest might actually die!

A lot of local councils wont grant licenses, lots of people think they can run a club or party no problem, fab is getting over run with single guys who think it's tinder!

Just my view.

Mid Devon

"Next question? "

#AskTheOracle

cornwall

"Yeah I never heard of it either and had a good old poke around her snd Google and couldn't find much.

No idea if there's anything to it or not. I'm hoping it is though. Sounds like it was pretty good.

It originally opened as 'Hideaways' in about 2006, lasted a few months, the two couples who ran it fell out and one of the couples re-branded it as 'Azzures'. It was similar to 'Secrets' but the owners wanted it to be more 'snobby' so it was more subdued than 'Secrets'! However we both ran succesfully for a couple of years, each running a party once every three weeks without date clashes. Eventually the property was sold and after quite a long break they re-opened for a few unsuccessful parties in a converted industrial building just down the road from the previous property. It all got a bit silly on their behalf with them deciding to go head to head with 'Secrets' on the same nights even going down the route of making them free parties but it didn't work out for them. There were definite plans for a couple we know very well to start up the parties there again under a different name a few months before lockdown but the owner of the building apparently ripped them off for a shed full of money and refused to hand them the keys so that is the story to date as we know it.

Next question? "

xxx

Mid Devon

Just had a look through the Within Temptations thread. Not looking great over there.

Some positive signs of change.. A couples night and sorting out a free membership option.

On the flip side, pissed up single guys not being challenged by staff or thrown out. There's only a limited time for management to sort that out before their reputation is irreparably damaged.

Please, please sort it out ASAP.

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

What’s with the new veri on secrets account? Looks like a terrible review! Why would you post that as a veri?

Plymouth

"What’s with the new veri on secrets account? Looks like a terrible review! Why would you post that as a veri? "

I had to go nosy and yes that is most odd

By *ittyandtheboyCouple  over a year ago

always in the kitchen at parties

The whole secrets thing is odd, two days before they shut, they were advertising that they were looking forward to the party. Surely you’d hold a farewell party before closing?

cornwall

Oh that verri on C&Ts account is hilarious. Think they made it public so that we could all have a good laugh. Not sure who they are that left it,but they have either never been to Withintemptation or have something to do with it. Either way if they think Withintemptation is a great new club god help us all in the South West. Withintemptation couldn't be trusted in charge of Secrets car park! Won't have license for long they way they are going. Got to go a lot further north now to get to a good club. Love Secrets and thousands did. Thanks for the giggle C&T for publishing that verri xx

Plymouth

"Oh that verri on C&Ts account is hilarious. Think they made it public so that we could all have a good laugh. Not sure who they are that left it,but they have either never been to Withintemptation or have something to do with it. Either way if they think Withintemptation is a great new club god help us all in the South West. Withintemptation couldn't be trusted in charge of Secrets car park! Won't have license for long they way they are going. Got to go a lot further north now to get to a good club. Love Secrets and thousands did. Thanks for the giggle C&T for publishing that verri xx"

I thought it might have been an ironic verification I could be wrong.

Cos no one would consider within Temptation better than secrets.

Secrets will leave a hole that cannot be filled I think.

Mid Devon

All a bit strange isn't it? Well, it will all become clear in time.

Meanwhile, let's hope Within Temptation can get this letching guys problem under control ASAP or their business will fail. Bad reputations spread so fast and it will be the end of them otherwise. It would be such a shame.. Some friends of ours went recently and said the venue is actually really nice (but also confirmed they also had issues with d*unk single guys).

Meanwhile, any news on how Steamers are getting on? Maybe we'll try that first.

Plymouth

"All a bit strange isn't it? Well, it will all become clear in time.

Meanwhile, let's hope Within Temptation can get this letching guys problem under control ASAP or their business will fail. Bad reputations spread so fast and it will be the end of them otherwise. It would be such a shame.. Some friends of ours went recently and said the venue is actually really nice (but also confirmed they also had issues with d*unk single guys).

Meanwhile, any news on how Steamers are getting on? Maybe we'll try that first. "

We went Steamers Saturday. They've been busy apparently. Still have too many creepy single guys hanging around though. Also due to layout the atmosphere isn't fantastic. Overall its OK, we'll go back, but it's not amazing either. Certainly not a replacement for Secrets.

We have only been to steamers so nothing to compare too yet. But we enjoyed ourselves and happy to go back. Will take a trip to other clubs at some point too but WT seems way off for us right now.

By *exOnLegsPlymCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth

[Removed by poster at 24/08/21 17:49:51]

Plymouth

"We have only been to steamers so nothing to compare too yet. But we enjoyed ourselves and happy to go back. Will take a trip to other clubs at some point too but WT seems way off for us right now. "

Steamers isn't awful but it's also not really what we want.

Still allowing certain single guys in and 2 of them were stalky. I dont mind single guys but these were supposed to be a vetted list!!

And the layout affects it i think.

Travelling can be a pain but looks like the most viable option

Think single guys were only allowed upstairs with an invite before so couples had a whole area. That might be the better option to go back to for there? Difficult to cater for all and that’s the main night for couples there so not like they can do too much I guess.

We were aiming to go to secrets soon so proper shame it’s gone now, only ever heard positive feedback about it so big shame to the scene.

We will probably head for Wales or midlands for a club but it’s hard enough getting sitters for a few hours so steamers will probably be our more regular place if we get a Saturday night off.

cornwall

"Oh that verri on C&Ts account is hilarious. Think they made it public so that we could all have a good laugh. Not sure who they are that left it,but they have either never been to Withintemptation or have something to do with it. Either way if they think Withintemptation is a great new club god help us all in the South West. Withintemptation couldn't be trusted in charge of Secrets car park! Won't have license for long they way they are going. Got to go a lot further north now to get to a good club. Love Secrets and thousands did. Thanks for the giggle C&T for publishing that verri xx"

Haha thanks for that you did make us smile. Thought it was an unbelievable verri, but the way things are going at the moment anything is possible, no matter crazy it sounds! Take care xx

Perhaps the gay club in Plymouth could run a couple's night?

By *ravitysUnionCouple  over a year ago

EXETER

"Think single guys were only allowed upstairs with an invite before so couples had a whole area. That might be the better option to go back to for there? Difficult to cater for all and that’s the main night for couples there so not like they can do too much I guess.

We were aiming to go to secrets soon so proper shame it’s gone now, only ever heard positive feedback about it so big shame to the scene.

We will probably head for Wales or midlands for a club but it’s hard enough getting sitters for a few hours so steamers will probably be our more regular place if we get a Saturday night off. "

Honestly, that would be so much better. I don't know if Stuart and Danny check the forums but it's worth them considering. Last Saturday was our first visit and I remember the exact 2 stalky guys CandKB are talking about. We went upstairs to play and enjoyed CandKB stopping by to watch us but then were put off by the ever enclosing lurking guy... If they had to be invited up from the lounge level then we would have felt so much more comfortable and maybe a lot more play would have started earlier?

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"What’s with the new veri on secrets account? Looks like a terrible review! Why would you post that as a veri? "

It's a piss take veri from friends, there are earlier veris if you can be bothered to scroll back.

Totnes

"What’s with the new veri on secrets account? Looks like a terrible review! Why would you post that as a veri?

It's a piss take veri from friends, there are earlier veris if you can be bothered to scroll back."

Of course it's a piss take, thought everybody would realise that, we thought it was funny as f**K and give everybody a good laugh which is why we decided to display it on our profile. Of course if you take offence at it you can always deluge the culprits with messages of outrage, lol.

By *ushandkittyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"What’s with the new veri on secrets account? Looks like a terrible review! Why would you post that as a veri?

It's a piss take veri from friends, there are earlier veris if you can be bothered to scroll back.

Of course it's a piss take, thought everybody would realise that, we thought it was funny as f**K and give everybody a good laugh which is why we decided to display it on our profile. Of course if you take offence at it you can always deluge the culprits with messages of outrage, lol."

*2 fingers against my forehead* .......and I'm getting the word......gullible!!!

Mid Devon

Due to limited free weekends, we're keeping our powder dry. Planning a possible jaunt to Xstasia in West Brom next weekend. Within Temptations will have to wait until the dust settles and they've got all their issues ironed out. Fingers crossed for them. We need a decent club in the South West.

Meanwhile, looks like WT now have a listing on Fab's club listing which is good news for them. If you've been, please leave a review x

Exeter

Just noticed 666 in Somerset on the South West club reviews.

Anyone ever been?

Plymouth

"Just noticed 666 in Somerset on the South West club reviews.

Anyone ever been?"

We haven't as we wouldn't meet the requirements. They vet photos and such, we wouldn't meet the size requirements

Exeter

Anyone ever been?

We haven't as we wouldn't meet the requirements. They vet photos and such, we wouldn't meet the size requirements "

That's vile.

Though maybe it's for the best that they just stick to the pretentious "professional" people.

Plymouth

Anyone ever been?

We haven't as we wouldn't meet the requirements. They vet photos and such, we wouldn't meet the size requirements

That's vile.

Though maybe it's for the best that they just stick to the pretentious "professional" people.

"

Its their club they can run it how they like.

Not saying I agree with it but its up to them

By *abs2017Couple  over a year ago

Cotswolds

Just looked. Their website appears to be up and running and has 2021 party dates???

So is it closed?

"Just looked. Their website appears to be up and running and has 2021 party dates???

So is it closed? "

Been as the owners have made comments on several threads in the forum and there status updates, the club has been removed from the club reviews section we can safely assume that it is closed.

Regards to "refugees" element and the rest of the thread we where regulars at secrets but don't feel like refugees do to speak, we understand why Chris and Teresa have decided to move on to greener pastures, we respect that and wish them all the best. Same goes for Claire at decadent nights who has also decided to not reopen post lockdown.

Essentially both where of the organised house party model than the "conventional club" or sauna and both where very well established so it's not like there's a real replacement currently in the Southwest.

We feel very put off visiting or trying WT for the first time at the moment for so meny reasons. to us we would see the club actively been in the local press not a good form of publicity especially given its Town centre location nobody really wants "look there off to the sex club" factor and word of mouth from people who have been all seems to put the venue in bad light unfortunately like it's some kind of (insert low budget chain pub) with playrooms

It's a real shame as we where both looking forward to trying it. Let's hope it changes, improves or all comes good for the owners and the Sw scene.

Between us we have experienced pritty much every other club in the Southwest that is still open and can't say there's an appeal enough to get our glad rags on and get in the car for sadly though some have the potential if changes were made.

Regards to the scene well in the last 2 years there has been a definite change in the way of networking and seems to have moved away from fab and making things publicly advertised or on fab? it's not dead but definitely more low key, controlled and under the radar in small groups we would say we suspect this is down to the changes in online etiquette and and fab been a bit more of a household name

There's a resurgence in organised F&MF only socials with the well known Bristol one and the one started in the Exeter area (SouthDevonsocials) we've both attended recently that where all good plus we think we seen the Plymouth one is going to start running again but think there's male's too at that one? We've never been to that one yet so don't really know.

We both had a chat the other day and came up with the conclusion that you just have to embrace the change and can't go back so it will be organised socials, going back to having private parties in our own home for us and with any luck getting the opportunity to be invited to a few if we're lucky

That is our take on it all anyway

Finger's crossed

Plymouth

I do disagree. Look, everything may not be perfect at WT but there seems to be a will amongst the management to sort things out.

However if they don't get customers it WILL close, which would be a shame as its a really lovely venue and the facilities are really good AND we will have nowhere to go other than Steamers or house parties.

I'd advise people to ignore all the negative comments as we all have different views and expectations anyway. Go along for yourselves and make your own minds up and if you don't like something, talk to the staff or management.

Give them a chance or three.

cornwall

There is a big difference between a club and the likes of Secrets & Decs, also Socials and smaller house parties. Each one is different and provides different aspects of the scene. All have their place if run well, emphasis on run we'll! We all know Secrets was pretty much unique and not just in the South West but UK wide, that's why people travelled so far. Not been to Gems and don't currently intend to from what feedback we get. Thats not putting it down and many enjoy it there just ,currently, not for us. It sounds like it has the potential to be run in a similar way to Secrets with regards to overnight sleeping in campers and such like. Can't really say any more than that as we have never been. We have been to a few different clubs around the UK and for us the only one that has anything like a similar atmosphere as Secrets would be Liberty Elite in Leicestershire, but that's a long way from the South West , especially when you live in Cornwall, but we think worth the drive.

By *ore4fundevonCouple  over a year ago

West Devon

Sadly we never did get to experience an evening at secrets.

We did get to experience Decs just before Covid (and met Chris from secrets there) would have loved to have gone back but we obviously won't be now.

We have also experienced Steamers. S didn't go so much on that due to an uninvited touchy feely guy trying to help himself and she isn't keen on repeating the experience.

Haven't had a chance to consider trying WT yet but have mixed feelings given various reviews/feedback.

Quite agree that the South West needs something to fill the gap left by Secrets and Decs. I'd consider us giving it a go if we had suitable premises.

Plymouth

The chaps that run Steamers are aware of the touchy feely single man issue. See this below from their website.

On Saturday evenings the top floor will revert back to a couples only area from 25th September. Single guys can only visit the top floor as a guest of a couple or a single female.

By *abs2017Couple  over a year ago

Cotswolds

"Just looked. Their website appears to be up and running and has 2021 party dates???

So is it closed?

Been as the owners have made comments on several threads in the forum and there status updates, the club has been removed from the club reviews section we can safely assume that it is closed.

Regards to "refugees" element and the rest of the thread we where regulars at secrets but don't feel like refugees do to speak, we understand why Chris and Teresa have decided to move on to greener pastures, we respect that and wish them all the best. Same goes for Claire at decadent nights who has also decided to not reopen post lockdown.

Essentially both where of the organised house party model than the "conventional club" or sauna and both where very well established so it's not like there's a real replacement currently in the Southwest.

We feel very put off visiting or trying WT for the first time at the moment for so meny reasons. to us we would see the club actively been in the local press not a good form of publicity especially given its Town centre location nobody really wants "look there off to the sex club" factor and word of mouth from people who have been all seems to put the venue in bad light unfortunately like it's some kind of (insert low budget chain pub) with playrooms

It's a real shame as we where both looking forward to trying it. Let's hope it changes, improves or all comes good for the owners and the Sw scene.

Between us we have experienced pritty much every other club in the Southwest that is still open and can't say there's an appeal enough to get our glad rags on and get in the car for sadly though some have the potential if changes were made.

Regards to the scene well in the last 2 years there has been a definite change in the way of networking and seems to have moved away from fab and making things publicly advertised or on fab? it's not dead but definitely more low key, controlled and under the radar in small groups we would say we suspect this is down to the changes in online etiquette and and fab been a bit more of a household name

There's a resurgence in organised F&MF only socials with the well known Bristol one and the one started in the Exeter area (SouthDevonsocials) we've both attended recently that where all good plus we think we seen the Plymouth one is going to start running again but think there's male's too at that one? We've never been to that one yet so don't really know.

We both had a chat the other day and came up with the conclusion that you just have to embrace the change and can't go back so it will be organised socials, going back to having private parties in our own home for us and with any luck getting the opportunity to be invited to a few if we're lucky

That is our take on it all anyway

Finger's crossed "

Thanks for clarifying. Such a shame.

By *urious couple XXXCouple  over a year ago

Thornbury

"Sadly we never did get to experience an evening at secrets.

We did get to experience Decs just before Covid (and met Chris from secrets there) would have loved to have gone back but we obviously won't be now.

We have also experienced Steamers. S didn't go so much on that due to an uninvited touchy feely guy trying to help himself and she isn't keen on repeating the experience.

Haven't had a chance to consider trying WT yet but have mixed feelings given various reviews/feedback.

Quite agree that the South West needs something to fill the gap left by Secrets and Decs. I'd consider us giving it a go if we had suitable premises."

Hi, we were at steamers on Saturday just gone and can honestly say that we had no problems at all with touchy, feely men. The top floor had no single men at all, seems to have started a week earlier than advertised on the website and I felt super safe at all times. Downstairs by the jacuzzi in the little room with the sex swing etc.. men can come and watch but everyone kept a respectable distance at all times. Please don't let your previous experience put you off trying again as we had an amazing time x

Exeter

"The chaps that run Steamers are aware of the touchy feely single man issue. See this below from their website.

On Saturday evenings the top floor will revert back to a couples only area from 25th September. Single guys can only visit the top floor as a guest of a couple or a single female."

It's good that the couples only area is back, but single guys can still be invited up there which means it's not exactly couples only which defeats the point of it. If they we're to misbehave while up there, you could easily see couples arguing over who invited them up.

Why don't they just so a full club couples only night once a month or at least just trial it?

I think if single guys are invited upstairs they are expected to go with the couple that invite them up. They would need to be invited to join anyone else up there and anyone not playing ball should be asked to leave pretty sharpish.

Think the invite only rule is ok, does that mean single guys can just go to the club without invite though? Cause too many single guys will no doubt reduce the amount of couples. But if guys are invite only and also invite upstairs only then couples should be put off too much.

Plymouth

Single guys can only get in if invited by a couple AND they can only go upstairs if invited by a couple or a single girl. Any complaints and they are history.

From their website.

Couples can invite ONE single guy as a guest who must enter at the same time as the couple inviting them. Single females are welcome to attend on their own.

On Saturday evenings the top floor will revert back to a couples only area from 25th September. Single guys can only visit the top floor as a guest of a couple or a single female.

Exeter

"Single guys can only get in if invited by a couple AND they can only go upstairs if invited by a couple or a single girl. Any complaints and they are history.

From their website.

Couples can invite ONE single guy as a guest who must enter at the same time as the couple inviting them. Single females are welcome to attend on their own.

On Saturday evenings the top floor will revert back to a couples only area from 25th September. Single guys can only visit the top floor as a guest of a couple or a single female."

Then what difference does making the top floor invite only when the entry to the club itself is invite only? Seems pointless to us.

Plymouth

Apparently they had single guys hanging about outside offering to pay for couples entry if they could get in. They then went upstairs and made a bloody nuisance of themselves.

What D&S are trying to do is enable a few single guys to be there for the couples that like a spare cock or two but stop them annoying those couples that don't.

Personally we'd prefer couples only really meant couples only. They could run an event or two a month for greedy girls etc.

The venue is mainly for guys so get why the once a week mixed nights try to cater for as many as poss. Think it’s a good mix having reduced single guys while allowing for a few spares plus being a bit more restricted on one floor for couples that don’t want a group of single guys waiting to pounce.

If they were mainly a mixed venue then setting up nights for couples or greedy girls and so on would be ideal. Don’t think what they offer is too bad considering we don’t have to drive bourse to get there. Lol.

Still gutted we never got to experience secrets though, always heard great feedback and it was on our list to do this year before it all ended.

Exeter

"Apparently they had single guys hanging about outside offering to pay for couples entry if they could get in. They then went upstairs and made a bloody nuisance of themselves.

What D&S are trying to do is enable a few single guys to be there for the couples that like a spare cock or two but stop them annoying those couples that don't.

Personally we'd prefer couples only really meant couples only. They could run an event or two a month for greedy girls etc."

OK, that makes a tad more sense.

Though I understand why they need the guys as the place would probably go bust, but it wouldn't hurt for them to try a proper couples only night and see how it goes. We've read WT might be trying it so surely it's something they need to at least try?

Hopefully they are reading this topic!

Plymouth

"Single guys can only get in if invited by a couple AND they can only go upstairs if invited by a couple or a single girl. Any complaints and they are history.

From their website.

Actually they do have a list of single men they let in without being signed in... I was told that by them themselves.

Plymouth

For single guys and women who like them, Steamers run a night called Taboo on the first Friday of each month. Its a complete free for all, with no entry restrictions or rules about where you can go in the building. Its a mix of singles (both sexes), couples, TV/TS, fetish folk, swingers anything goes.

That’s all well and good for anyone who likes full bi and tv and so on but for us the Saturday nights with a few decent single guys about suits us the most. We are still new in the scene so taking things slow but had one good sat night there and one so so sat night. Happy with the rules as they are seeing as it’s just sat nights that suit us. Would try a couples only night but not been tempted by the taboo nights yet.

Exeter

Just seen that Secrets is going to re open but only until the end of the year.

Amazing news!

Totnes

"Just seen that Secrets is going to re open but only until the end of the year.

Amazing news!"

Yes, by popular demand we've decided to re-open Secrets until at least the end of this year. Same format as before but with far less accommodation caravans to worry about! All party dates are the same as listed on our website beginning on Saturday 30th October. Mixed sex couples and single females only as before.

cornwall

Amazing news!

Yes, by popular demand we've decided to re-open Secrets until at least the end of this year. Same format as before but with far less accommodation caravans to worry about! All party dates are the same as listed on our website beginning on Saturday 30th October. Mixed sex couples and single females only as before."

You two are the born again saviours of the South West. Love you sooooo much. See you on the 30th xxxx

Ace news! Will look for when we can book. Thank you.

cornwall

All booked in for the 30th of October

This is going to going to go berserk folks. The one and only are back in the game!

"All booked in for the 30th of October

This is going to going to go berserk folks. The one and only are back in the game! "

hey you sexy pair. We can't wait. 30th Oct and NYE we coming down to party ?? Matt & Fi x

Plymouth

Ain't no party like a Secrets party. Chris & Teresa, we love you both

By *ED00Woman  over a year ago

South Devon... Torbaydos

Amazing news!

Yes, by popular demand we've decided to re-open Secrets until at least the end of this year. Same format as before but with far less accommodation caravans to worry about! All party dates are the same as listed on our website beginning on Saturday 30th October. Mixed sex couples and single females only as before."

Chris and Teresa you absolute legends. Three cheers for Chris and Teresa

Hip hip hooray.

Hip hip hooray.

Hip hip hooray.

All hail Secrets lol xx

By *ore4fundevonCouple  over a year ago

West Devon

Oh wow! May have to sound Mrs More out for the November date as we're both off that weekend. Both (her slightly more than me) still a bit wary of Covid and gatherings of people. Moral responsibilities and all. But it would be oh so worth it!

By *ustusboth2013Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Amazing news!

Great news guys!

Congratulations and hope that you have a fabulous few events to decide what you want to do. Haven’t checked the dates just yet, but definitely would love another fix of Secrets.

Anyone know if this is a Halloween dress up event or just sexy normal clothing, didn't know weather to get a Halloween outfit of not lol x

Mid Devon

"Ain't no party like a Secrets party. Chris & Teresa, we love you both "

Amen to this! Wahoo! Absolutely chuffed to bits to hear this news. See you all there

Exeter

We'll miss the first 3 as they clash with other stuff, but should be there for NYE.

By *ravitysUnionCouple  over a year ago

EXETER

We're looking forward to the 30th, our first time at Secrets but we are keen and ready to play

Mid Devon

So the waiting is nearly over. Welcome back Secrets

Can't wait to see you all there.

Raise your hand if you're going x

[Removed by poster at 28/10/21 21:52:37]

"So the waiting is nearly over. Welcome back Secrets

Can't wait to see you all there.

Raise your hand if you're going x "

We will be there for our first visit after three aborted attempts!!

Mid Devon

We are refugees no more. Secrets is back baby! Back with a bang. So, so pleased to finally get back there. Good work C&T. Your work is much appreciated xx

Plymouth

It was the best night we've ever been to to be honest. Everyone was in such a great mood. Really suffering today though lolz. Thank you C&T for the best party EVER! A big hello to all th elovely people we met xxx

Mid Devon

Just a quick note to Secrets fans on here.. Chris & Teresa just posted that their club listing is back. Go leave them a review.. They're starting from scratch. Ta x

Plymouth

Roll on New Years Eve

» Add a new message to this topic