FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Is it because I'm a girl.......

Is it because I'm a girl.......

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elsh_lass74 OP   Woman  over a year ago

South Wales

That garages want to take the piss!!!???

Ringing around the local garages for a price and if they can fix my clutch.

All I'm getting is that they can't do it before the weekend and a huge range of prices.

One garage quoted £350-£400, next garage £270

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Take the £270 offer but you probably have to wait as they got pre booked work on

Ye mine cost around 260-280 just before Xmas x

By *elsh_lass74 OP   Woman  over a year ago

South Wales

Just booked it in with a place that can do it tomorrow! £240 plus vat

So I can stop panicking about getting to work tomorrow night!!

By *ilthyfucks69Couple  over a year ago

Neverland

They do try to take the piss. My car went in for a service and then they told me brakes were dangerous worn so i said ok and took it elsewhere for 2nd opinion and they were fine.

Took all my self control not to go back to the other garage and give them a piece of my mind after asking me for £500 grr

By *itchnbastardCouple  over a year ago

Blackpool

"That garages want to take the piss!!!???

All I'm getting is that they can't do it before the weekend and a huge range of prices.

Garages fun . I had my car ?? for 2 years and was stopped at an army barracks... Nobody told me the bonnet catch was under the steering column. Must have been designed by a woman . Thank goodness for mish ,she can change a wheel and do a service and clutch change in the time I watch Jeremy Kyle

One garage quoted £350-£400, next garage £270 "

I just give my car to Biggus, sorted

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"They do try to take the piss. My car went in for a service and then they told me brakes were dangerous worn so i said ok and took it elsewhere for 2nd opinion and they were fine.

Took all my self control not to go back to the other garage and give them a piece of my mind after asking me for £500 grr"

Steering module went on Jaynes car, local garage quoted a ridiculous price of over 600 quid to fit a new one.

Had a look online and found second hand units for about 100 quid, and found a mobile tech to fit it for 100 quid... but was a little unsure about fitting second-hand parts.

Jayne decided to ring the garage where she has it serviced, (her car is a Toyota, and this garage is a Toyota dealership)which is about 20 miles away.

I was sceptical, as dealerships can be expensive. They offered to recover the car from the first garage, source and fit a new unit, and give the car a minor service all for less than 2 thirds of what the first garage was quoting!

First garage were not happy, but we showed them the itemised bill and they had to concede that they had priced themselves out of a job.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

If you buy your own parts for simple jobs, (oil and air filter changes, brake pads etc) there are tons of "how to" guides on the internet.

Failing that, for the simple jobs, just befriend a local mechanic and get him to do it out of hours for cash... you can save yourself a fortune!

"That garages want to take the piss!!!???

One garage quoted £350-£400, next garage £270 "

Depends on the car I do mine myself £100 for the clutch and away I go for 3-4 hours with my mate on the driveway even been known to do it overnight so I don't lose work

i do what i can wiv our car but if its to complicated it goes to my cousin who is a mechanic and has his own garage family rates then

» Add a new message to this topic