FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Profiles that are not serious

Profiles that are not serious

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ubfem OP   Couple 4 weeks ago

Newport

Am I being unfair in assuming that anyone who's been on here for more than 3 months with no verifications are not serious.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *innsMan 4 weeks ago

Swansea

"Am I being unfair in assuming that anyone who's been on here for more than 3 months with no verifications are not serious."

Not really it all depends if your talking about a single male, single female or couples profile. You also git to take into account if they git any pictures and if they put any effort into the profile itself

So there are many factors to consider

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

I'd personally say yes, that's unfair.

As a single male on here it's hard to get a reply to any messages. With most people thinking you aren't serious because you aren't verified in person.

How do you get verified in person if you never get the chance to meet anyone?

I've been on here a few months now and I've only had one conversation and turns out we didn't really click so it never went any further.

Only now I'm venturing onto the forums, I think if I just got one meet and verified I'd have more luck on this site but it feels almost impossible to be honest.

By *iscean_dreamMan 4 weeks ago

Port talbot

Yeah that's a unfair assumption, it's harder for males to get meets and some people just don't have much time to do it.

By *lan96Man 4 weeks ago

cardiff

Definitely unfair, I’ve been on here in the past with verifications, this time round been here for over 3 months not had 1 verification.

By *rs Twisted1Woman 4 weeks ago

neath

I can see both sides of this question

It can be hard to get a verification but there's plenty of socials that are organised that people can attend so that is the best way to go especially for single people

By *un guy300Man 4 weeks ago

Carmarthen

"I'd personally say yes, that's unfair.

As a single male on here it's hard to get a reply to any messages. With most people thinking you aren't serious because you aren't verified in person definitely agree

I've been on here a few months now and I've only had one conversation and turns out we didn't really click so it never went any further.

Only now I'm venturing onto the forums, I think if I just got one meet and verified I'd have more luck on this site but it feels almost impossible to be honest."

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

All well and good if you are comfortable with social situations like that, for an introvert like myself I could think of nothing worse than going somewhere to meet a bunch of people I've never met before.

I'd look so out of place and nervous I doubt anyone would still talk to me

By *eroLondonMan 4 weeks ago

Mayfair

Yes, you are (potentially) being unfair and, perhaps, less amenable to why they may be perceivably lacking verifications.

3 months is but a split-second on Fab and it takes time and patience to meet, in whatever shape or form, the right people. Men in particular find it challenging to gain a response let alone meet someone for even a coffee at the very least.

And group socials: these aren't the panacea for having success on here. Childcare, costs, time, anxiety, distance can often make a group social less appealing.

Some people also hide their verifications and give the impression they have had no meets

If they've been here two years...with no joy then that's another matter entirely.

By *ubfem OP   Couple 4 weeks ago

Newport

I was thinking more about women or couples who would find it easier to find people

By *aurus1987Man 4 weeks ago

York

Took me about 7 months to get verified

By *innsMan 4 weeks ago

Swansea

As a single male for those that finding it hard get yourself to a social it is the best way to get yourself known and to get that all important first veri and keep hitting the socials and talking to people this site is more than just about the sex there is a big social side to.it too

So as I said if you are serious about this lifestyle get to a social as it does help

By *iscean_dreamMan 4 weeks ago

Port talbot

"As a single male for those that finding it hard get yourself to a social it is the best way to get yourself known and to get that all important first veri and keep hitting the socials and talking to people this site is more than just about the sex there is a big social side to.it too

So as I said if you are serious about this lifestyle get to a social as it does help "

The social bit is the main part of swinging without a doubt.

By *coutDWoman 4 weeks ago

Pontypridd

"Am I being unfair in assuming that anyone who's been on here for more than 3 months with no verifications are not serious."

Yes I'd say that's an unfair assumption. None of us have any idea what life/free time/work/hoke / responsibility people have outside of here.

Not everyone is looking for the sane things.

By *avrick180Man 4 weeks ago

Pontypool/Torquay

I say yes as I was on here for a year before I had a meet and got a verification as it's harder for men to get meets on here

By *ovis and GreeneyesCouple 4 weeks ago

Swansea

As a single male on here it's hard to get a reply to any messages. With most people thinking you aren't serious because you aren't verified in person.

Only now I'm venturing onto the forums, I think if I just got one meet and verified I'd have more luck on this site but it feels almost impossible to be honest."

Go to the social events that are organised and mingle with people that is the easiest way to get known and verified as a single male.

By *9alMan 4 weeks ago

Bridgend

"All well and good if you are comfortable with social situations like that, for an introvert like myself I could think of nothing worse than going somewhere to meet a bunch of people I've never met before.

I'd look so out of place and nervous I doubt anyone would still talk to me "

I have been to a few socials but I do find then awkward

By *leep walkerMan 4 weeks ago

Newbridge

It took me ages to get my first verification.

By *andering Welsh GuyMan 4 weeks ago

All over the place

Depends really, what is a bigger red flag for me is people who constantly come and go with new profiles

By *ature2434Man 4 weeks ago

newport

I'm a single mature male haven't met yet but had offers usually askfor money but I'm not desperate I'll wait

By *o againTV/TS 4 weeks ago

swansea

As crossdresser. I find it really hard to get reply from just about anyone.

And going to a social even worse for me. What people thinking about me? What are they expecting a very anxious feeling that I haven't been able to over come.

Jox

By *adyinred696969Couple 4 weeks ago

Brecon

Try attending the various social events, an easy way for guys to network, make some friends, and get verifications.

By *erthyr3030Man 4 weeks ago

merthyr Tydfil

I totally understand where you're coming from. But I haven't got no verification yet x but I have meet a few people. One lady no longer on site account gone. Means my verification went xx and actually I had a meet last night a really nice one she stayed over night to. And still haven't left One.

By *rhugesMan 2 weeks ago

Cardiff

No especially not single men. It's vertually impossible to get a hook up these days

By *aturistman79Man 2 weeks ago

neath

I'm a genuine single male, and I don't get messages returned , so the chances of actually talking to someone long enough to get a verification is very slim

By *mmaj69TV/TS 2 weeks ago

swansea

Iam a trans woman which is slightly different to cross dressing. I find going out dressed awesome and the socials I have been to very welcoming. I often find myself as the only trans woman at some events but it is not an issue. Fuck what other people think we are all gorgeous

By *revor1940Man 2 weeks ago

west of Haverfordwest

In my case there is little obvious action as I have a lovely lady friend who is not on fabs. Just keeping in here as well.

By *inkkyxCouple 1 week ago

Cardiff

Now this may sound silly specially with being on here but me and my partner are quite self conscious so that definitely plays a part. Secondly not everyone is confident enough to attend socials, never been, don’t know what to expect, fear of bumping into people we may know, what is a horny anxious girl suppose to do haha.. that’s why we want to try meet just 1 other person first and when my partner is straight that’s really hard to do believe it or not. We have planned 2 meets on here now and both have failed, 1 of them due to my partner not being “mixed race” … apparently, being half Pakistani is not mixed race lol. The other didn’t give us an explanation but what I’m trying to say is I’d give a lift for a verification at this point no sex involved haha, but would we really be here paying for an app if we wasn’t serious? And for this long off the same profile? I know there will be fakes on here but I don’t think going off verifications is fair.. trust your instincts I’d say and just be careful

By *inkyCeltMan 1 week ago

Newport

Not everyone feels the need to display verifications like a badge of honour.

By *elsh1975Man 1 week ago

Cardiff

I would say it's a very unfair assumption,I've been trying to get a meetup for god knows how long,I am very genuine and very respectful when messaging people,a lot of the time I get no reply back and just to state again I am very respectful, but being a single male and probably not what people are after it is very difficult but I am serious hence why I am on here. Quite a long statement but just thought I'd get it out there,all the best Ian.

By *adyinred696969Couple 1 week ago

Brecon

"No especially not single men. It's vertually impossible to get a hook up these days"

"A hook up"?

And therein lies the problem.

This isnt a "hook up" site.

By *adyinred696969Couple 1 week ago

Brecon

"Now this may sound silly specially with being on here but me and my partner are quite self conscious so that definitely plays a part. Secondly not everyone is confident enough to attend socials, never been, don’t know what to expect, fear of bumping into people we may know, what is a horny anxious girl suppose to do haha.. that’s why we want to try meet just 1 other person first and when my partner is straight that’s really hard to do believe it or not. We have planned 2 meets on here now and both have failed, 1 of them due to my partner not being “mixed race” … apparently, being half Pakistani is not mixed race lol. The other didn’t give us an explanation but what I’m trying to say is I’d give a lift for a verification at this point no sex involved haha, but would we really be here paying for an app if we wasn’t serious? And for this long off the same profile? I know there will be fakes on here but I don’t think going off verifications is fair.. trust your instincts I’d say and just be careful "

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and take that leap of faith.

Swinging is all about meeting new people, what better way than to go to an organised social, where there is zero pressure, put faces to names, chat, make friends, maybe even flirt a little, and make plans for future fun meets?

Sure, it can be a little nerve-wracking, but then, if you cant meet people in a public arena where we know we will keep our clothes on, how the hell are we supposed to meet for potentially a fun meet without clothes?

If nothing else, you will end up with some verifications, which will mean people will have more faith in you and your profile, meaning the potential for better interactions and maybe some fun.

» Add a new message to this topic