FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Profile visits

Profile visits

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ierceUnicorn OP   Woman 6 weeks ago

valleys

Hi lovely people I wanted to know do people read profiles or do they assume because you are on this site they can avoid reading and speak to you like rubbish ,why are some men like this ,we ain't all here for fuck boys

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abriellajackCouple 6 weeks ago

Newport

We always read a profile before messaging and it's easy to tell if someone has read ours. We use it as the first filter!

valleys

Thank you. I'd rather be open and honest in what I'm looking for than get people message and I day not my type then they go on the attack after giving me a compliment it turns to an insult

By *9alMan 6 weeks ago

Bridgend

I always read the profile unless they are ridiculously long

By *iscean_dreamMan 6 weeks ago

Port talbot

I always read profiles, it usually gives you something to open a conversation with and helps stop you from messaging people that won't be interested

By *3xymamaWoman 6 weeks ago

Uptown Top Ranking

I read the profile before I even open the message. If the profile text isn't what I'm looking for, I will delete the message. It saves the possible abuse or questions asking why I haven't replied

valleys

"I read the profile before I even open the message. If the profile text isn't what I'm looking for, I will delete the message. It saves the possible abuse or questions asking why I haven't replied "

Exactly my point ,we all have our preferences and we are entitled to them

By *elshcouple18Couple 6 weeks ago

Cardiff

Always read.. don't like over lengthy ones, but way better that ones where no effort at all is put in..

Some nice ones on here so far..

By *ilffadMan 6 weeks ago

swansea

Always read the profile, it's not difficult

By *ongwayfromhomeMan 6 weeks ago

newport

I read the profile second after checking the age range,some long profiles to read just to find out you are a year out of the age range and therefore the dreaded yellow line appears when you try to respond.... nice to see a fellow northerner on here 😀

By *elNRoobsCouple 6 weeks ago

Swansea

Always read the profile, we did as singles too. Would never have met if didn't, so it's a good endorsement to put the time in (especially single men).

We understand ours is a bit wordy, but it lays out what we are after clearly, but still people chance it. It kind of annoys as we tend to reply to most people (even if to gently let them down), but it does annoy when someone clearly ignores the first paragraphs at least.

By *hiversMan 6 weeks ago

Dinas Powys

I always read them. It's definitely worth checking you are on the same page/after the same thing. Saves wasting both parties time.

By *ust of the LibertineMan 6 weeks ago

Maesteg

I always read a profile. You need to in order to know whether or not to even send a message.

There has been many a time I've thought someone looked hot, or I've thought I'd be interested but after reading their profile there could be something that tells me I'm really not the person for them, or vice versa, so why waste everyone's time?

There has also been the opposite. We can all be guilty of snap judgements and sometimes I've had a look thinking we're not going to be compatible but after reading their profile something catches my attention and I find people I'd love to play or have a drink with, or even just chat to.

Profiles are the first port of call as to who you are and what you like. And if you've taken the time to write one properly and honestly and people have read it and aren't interested, then at least that's you being you and you're not right for each other anyway.

N.b. Not everyone who's profile I view and not message isn't because of the profile, it's nerves and/or self preservation 😂.

By *elNRoobsCouple 6 weeks ago

Swansea

"

N.b. Not everyone who's profile I view and not message isn't because of the profile, it's nerves and/or self preservation 😂."

When I was single (Del)

, then you nailed it for me here, also the rejection on the already fragile confidence at that time would do the same.

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

I always read profiles no point in messaging unless we are both looking for similar things it has to be mutual

By *3xymamaWoman 6 weeks ago

Uptown Top Ranking

"I always read a profile. You need to in order to know whether or not to even send a message.

There has been many a time I've thought someone looked hot, or I've thought I'd be interested but after reading their profile there could be something that tells me I'm really not the person for them, or vice versa, so why waste everyone's time?

There has also been the opposite. We can all be guilty of snap judgements and sometimes I've had a look thinking we're not going to be compatible but after reading their profile something catches my attention and I find people I'd love to play or have a drink with, or even just chat to.

Profiles are the first port of call as to who you are and what you like. And if you've taken the time to write one properly and honestly and people have read it and aren't interested, then at least that's you being you and you're not right for each other anyway.

N.b. Not everyone who's profile I view and not message isn't because of the profile, it's nerves and/or self preservation 😂."

I think we all have a certain degree of anxiety when sending a message to a potential new friend, but it also adds to the excitement. Even those who seem confident and self assured get anxious at times 😊

Maesteg

"

N.b. Not everyone who's profile I view and not message isn't because of the profile, it's nerves and/or self preservation 😂.

When I was single (Del)

, then you nailed it for me here, also the rejection on the already fragile confidence at that time would do the same. "

100%, some people get put into the "I'll message when I'm having a confident day" category 😂

By *ornysouthwalesMan 6 weeks ago

Merthyr Tydfil

Absolutely always read the profile first, just to ensure that I’m what’s being looked for and vice-versa.

No point wasting everyones time and clogging up mailboxes

Maesteg

"I think we all have a certain degree of anxiety when sending a message to a potential new friend, but it also adds to the excitement. Even those who seem confident and self assured get anxious at times 😊"

Oh definitely, and I'm not saying I'm not a confident person,and excitement is always good, but some days you're more confident than others.

And it's just that if I pop up in someone's recently viewed but haven't messaged it could be because their profile has told me that for whatever reason we're not really compatible, or it could be that my brain just says "you won't get a reply" lol x

By *aurus1987Man 6 weeks ago

York

I read, just not really really long ones

By *etelikestomeetMan 6 weeks ago

Cardiff

I read profiles but came to realise that they generally sound very similar in nature and tone.

Without reading yours I'd guess it goes along the lines of......

Been here before so know what it's like.

Social first.

Not looking for a quickie.

Don't take shit.

Speak my mind. Honest

Not looking to sleep with the whole sight. Selective.

Don't meet attached men

No one liners or short bios

No dick pics. Face pic in first message

By *o againTV/TS 6 weeks ago

swansea

Surely if you don't read the profile. You don't know if you have anything in common.. or is that just me?.

Jo x

By *urvaceousVioletWoman 6 weeks ago

RCT

I always read profiles 🙂

By *laytonAMan 6 weeks ago

Newport

I read profiles, view pics often multiple times before messaging. I use my hot list for those I like but don't have confidence to message that day.

valleys

Wow these are all great reads thank you all

By *elightfulWhisperCouple 6 weeks ago

Brynmawr

I read profiles, if I’m going to send a message it depends on what’s in that profile.

When we recieve a message it’s obvious if the sender has our the profile or not, mostly we just ignore those who’ve either not read or ignored what we have in our profile.. sometimes I can’t resist letting my sarcasm out when we receive something stupid

J

By *adbodwxm78Man 6 weeks ago

Wrexham

I do read profiles I find them interesting! Don’t think I get many looks at mine though lol

By *umber_sixMan 6 weeks ago

Cardiff

"I always read a profile. You need to in order to know whether or not to even send a message.

In a nutshell, this

Anyone who doesn't bother reading a profile is shooting themselves in the foot!

Fully realise I'm not everyone's cup of tea and vice versa, but it's far better for all involved if that's established before anyone's time is wasted...

By *mber and FireCouple 6 weeks ago

Carmarthenshire

We try to stay (reasonably) positive on here.

However.

We often find ourselves questioning our particular area of Wales' ability to read and levels of comprehension. There's a certain level of irony that induces eyerolling when a profile demands to be read; and then they in return clearly haven't read yours.

By *umber_sixMan 6 weeks ago

Cardiff

That is indeed a conundrum!

You have to have a sense of humour on fab - otherwise it would grind you down!

By *ilverfox_and_beautyCouple 6 weeks ago

Gwent

We read profiles all the time. It's clear loads don't. What we have started doing is if they send a stupid message, they get the same in return. If they send a nice message then we respond nice. Some of the messages we get are just comical.

» Add a new message to this topic