FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Lockdown struggles/support/rant etc thread

Lockdown struggles/support/rant etc thread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just somewhere if anyone wants a moan, rant etc or even to look for advice over the next couple of weeks. I'm in a fairly fortunate position that I'm a care worker so don't have to worry about income as I will be continuing working as normal, and luckilly this time my partner can come over my house. I've got 3 kids off school, the 2 eldest for an extra week so am not short for company. Plus they can go to my parents for childcare whilst I work so I don't have the stress of having to leave them home on their own like the first time round. My biggest struggle will be no gym, lack of meaningful routine exercise and me don't mix well. Am hoping for some dry days so I can get out and run, even though I fucking hate it

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nice idea MissP...

Fortunately it is only a 16 day situation, it has been said it will definitely end on 9th November, although what life looks like from that point will be different again with new strategies being talked about.

I am sure that it will affect different people in different ways. I hope people can be helpful and friendly with each other on here and help each other out. Loneliness is a crippling thing .

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

I'm lucky and I'll be ok.

Miss P, have you thought about getting some resistance bands? I was sceptical but for £25 I've been able to have some decent workouts lately

"I'm lucky and I'll be ok.

Miss P, have you thought about getting some resistance bands? I was sceptical but for £25 I've been able to have some decent workouts lately "

I have 2 sets

They're currently gathering dust in the corner of my room along with my dumbells and yoga mat

I may get the kids to clean them later. I'm lucky I have a barbell aswell with enough weights to do some half hearted squats deadlifts etc and decent upper body stuff, so I'm pretty ok equipment wise, bar a kettlebell really

"Nice idea MissP...

Fortunately it is only a 16 day situation, it has been said it will definitely end on 9th November, although what life looks like from that point will be different again with new strategies being talked about.

I am sure that it will affect different people in different ways. I hope people can be helpful and friendly with each other on here and help each other out. Loneliness is a crippling thing . "

It is

And for some single people,

even calling to the pub for a few pints may have been their only form of social interaction, now that has gone too. Loneliness is not nice

By *ammo2k20Man  over a year ago

Newport

The whole thing is affecting my mental health to be honest had to up my medication and do some more online CBT, its like everyday new rules/restrictions work has nearly disappeared having to rely on Universal for the first time ugh.

"The whole thing is affecting my mental health to be honest had to up my medication and do some more online CBT, its like everyday new rules/restrictions work has nearly disappeared having to rely on Universal for the first time ugh. "

It's shit like. The only that usually keeps my anxiety under control is exercise, routine and structure so I can empathise that the constant chopping and changing is a total headfuck. By the time you manage to adjust and feel you're managing they change the rules again. Virtual hug

Newport

"The whole thing is affecting my mental health to be honest had to up my medication and do some more online CBT, its like everyday new rules/restrictions work has nearly disappeared having to rely on Universal for the first time ugh.

It's shit like. The only that usually keeps my anxiety under control is exercise, routine and structure so I can empathise that the constant chopping and changing is a total headfuck. By the time you manage to adjust and feel you're managing they change the rules again. Virtual hug "

Yep exercise for me too is a biggie i am gonna try and fit some outdoor exercise maybe work on my cardio i need to be busy or distracted if not my mind thinks to hard/worrys then my anxiety gets worse x *hugs*

Near Cowbridge

Miss P, have you thought about getting some resistance bands? I was sceptical but for £25 I've been able to have some decent workouts lately

I have 2 sets

They're currently gathering dust in the corner of my room along with my dumbells and yoga mat

I may get the kids to clean them later. I'm lucky I have a barbell aswell with enough weights to do some half hearted squats deadlifts etc and decent upper body stuff, so I'm pretty ok equipment wise, bar a kettlebell really"

Stop your bloody moaning then woman

By *rMrsMorningstarCouple  over a year ago

near bridgend

Finally found a good candidate for us to play with and flipping lockdown has been slammed apon us, again...

It's just our luck...

I have 2 sets

I may get the kids to clean them later. I'm lucky I have a barbell aswell with enough weights to do some half hearted squats deadlifts etc and decent upper body stuff, so I'm pretty ok equipment wise, bar a kettlebell really

Stop your bloody moaning then woman "

I like a gym environment, P. Ts, classes etc

But I'll live

Miss P try developing a small routine, like each hour at home you do 10 press ups, 20 sit ups 50 air squats, etc. It helped me last time as I live alone, I'm lucky I can work from home but its a long old day. The bonus is by the end of the day you would have done lots of each exercise. I found podcasts go too

Newport

My frenchie will think its christmas already on the amount of walks we do over the next two weeks

Its just another step too far for me. There is no guarantee of the draconian measures being lifted on the 9th

Not being able to train really pushed me to the edge last lockdown - mentally as well as physically

"My frenchie will think its christmas already on the amount of walks we do over the next two weeks "

Fingers crossed for some dry weather

"Its just another step too far for me. There is no guarantee of the draconian measures being lifted on the 9th

Not being able to train really pushed me to the edge last lockdown - mentally as well as physically "

This lockdown will end on the 9th

What measures will be in place going forward have not yet been decided

"Its just another step too far for me. There is no guarantee of the draconian measures being lifted on the 9th

Not being able to train really pushed me to the edge last lockdown - mentally as well as physically "

I'm with you on the training thing

Not being able to train really pushed me to the edge last lockdown - mentally as well as physically

"

I cant easily do the things others can do like running etc, i so wish i cud

Training is a big part of me, thanks for understanding

Near Cowbridge

I cant easily do the things others can do like running etc, i so wish i cud

Training is a big part of me, thanks for understanding "

There's a few people on here who know quite a bit about training.

I'm sure we'd be willing to help with advice if you wanted. Understand if you don't want to share the information though.

Any pointers for sumone unable to do impact training - running, walking any real distance.

Have limited equipment at home - a few weights. All help most gratefully received

Near Cowbridge

Weights, resistance bands and body weight exercises are your friend.

If impact on joints is an issue then I'd suggest completing the exercises slowly and with excellent form.

I'd start by doing body weight exercises as they should have the least impact on joints but always listen to what your body is saying. Pain is bad despite what some machismo infused trainers will say

Hard to describe exercises on here so I'd advise you to Google or YouTube beginner whole body bodyweight exercises.

As a minimum you probably want to be doing some sort of variations on squats and press ups, depending on your ability and fitness etc.

PM me if you like. Can't guarantee I won't flirt with you but I will also try to help if I can

» Add a new message to this topic