FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Good news mRNA

Good news mRNA

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS 4 weeks ago

Central

Some great news upon mRNA vaccines . The world's first lung cancer vaccine is now being administered, as part of it global trial. The first UK person is due their first dose this week. It should help the body to be trained to recognise and destroy specific markers of lung cancer. People with early to late stage and recurrent lung cancer will be involved.

To those of us who have lost loved ones to cancer, we can only hope that others won't have to experience anyone suffering in the future, as newer treatments become available. Obviously this is a trial and there's no guarantee that it will deliver the results that are wanted and expected. As long cancer is the world's leading cause of cancer death, this could be a significant step towards helping to reduce the impact of cancer. Fingers crossed

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Central

Apologies for typos, in my excitement

Central

I lost an aunt in her early 30s, leaving a little boy and a girl, my cousins. . It would have been truly wonderful if she'd been able to receive a treatment like this, that could have saved her life from lung cancer.

By *uckoldandWifeCouple 4 weeks ago

Manchester

fucking excellent news, patients in seven countries are taking part part in the trials, lung cancer is the number one cause of cancer deaths and if it works for Lung Cancer they can create vaccines for other types of cancer too. Let’s have hope

Central

"fucking excellent news, patients in seven countries are taking part part in the trials, lung cancer is the number one cause of cancer deaths and if it works for Lung Cancer they can create vaccines for other types of cancer too. Let’s have hope "

By *I TwoCouple 4 weeks ago

currently travelling down W France

"Some great news upon mRNA vaccines . The world's first lung cancer vaccine is now being administered, as part of it global trial. The first UK person is due their first dose this week. It should help the body to be trained to recognise and destroy specific markers of lung cancer. People with early to late stage and recurrent lung cancer will be involved.

To those of us who have lost loved ones to cancer, we can only hope that others won't have to experience anyone suffering in the future, as newer treatments become available. Obviously this is a trial and there's no guarantee that it will deliver the results that are wanted and expected. As long cancer is the world's leading cause of cancer death, this could be a significant step towards helping to reduce the impact of cancer. Fingers crossed "

This was trialled on four patients with terminal diagnosis two years ago with dramatic results.

Central

"Some great news upon mRNA vaccines . The world's first lung cancer vaccine is now being administered, as part of it global trial. The first UK person is due their first dose this week. It should help the body to be trained to recognise and destroy specific markers of lung cancer. People with early to late stage and recurrent lung cancer will be involved.

To those of us who have lost loved ones to cancer, we can only hope that others won't have to experience anyone suffering in the future, as newer treatments become available. Obviously this is a trial and there's no guarantee that it will deliver the results that are wanted and expected. As long cancer is the world's leading cause of cancer death, this could be a significant step towards helping to reduce the impact of cancer. Fingers crossed

This was trialled on four patients with terminal diagnosis two years ago with dramatic results."

It'll be great to get some high quality evidence, from trialling under varied patient conditions and types, allowing it to give confidence for broader introduction.

By *ackformore100Man 4 weeks ago

Tin town

To those of us who have lost loved ones to cancer, we can only hope that others won't have to experience anyone suffering in the future, as newer treatments become available. Obviously this is a trial and there's no guarantee that it will deliver the results that are wanted and expected. As long cancer is the world's leading cause of cancer death, this could be a significant step towards helping to reduce the impact of cancer. Fingers crossed "

For those more informed about the route to market. If all goes according to plan. How far away is it to get this into patients who need it? A year? 5 years?

It seems very promising and let's hope it does what it needs to.

If it is eventually bought to market will NICE be be able to afford it? (saw the alzheimers drug was considered too expensive for the NHS)?

By *alandNitaCouple 4 weeks ago

Scunthorpe

For those more informed about the route to market. If all goes according to plan. How far away is it to get this into patients who need it? A year? 5 years?

If it is eventually bought to market will NICE be be able to afford it? (saw the alzheimers drug was considered too expensive for the NHS)? "

It all depends on funding, unfortunately governments are not throwing money at these things. If the trials are successful, it could be quick... but only if the funding is available.

Central

If it is eventually bought to market will NICE be be able to afford it? (saw the alzheimers drug was considered too expensive for the NHS)? "

NICE will do with it as they wish . Let's hope that they'd see the sense in funding it - subject to its final cost and effectiveness. Especially for such a widespread cancer that has awful outcomes.

I'm guessing still a few years away. This trial, whilst in several countries, is still quite low volumes.

Assuming that it's phenomenally successful and side effects aren't worse than predicted and intolerable, then the business will need to work out its launch plan. It's fairly reasonable to assume that 5 years or so may give enough time for research data and regulatory affairs to have been worked through for early launch countries. But how long is a piece of string? Ultimately, the manufacturer will hold sway, depending on their portfolio and strategy, which drugs are going to be the best fit for them and their resources. As lung cancer is so abundant, they'll presumably see a large market.

Seeing people with increased survival rates and extended healthier lifespans would be a glorious outcome.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 4 weeks ago

Cumbria

NICE don’t buy things, they decide if it is value for money for the NHS.

By *ackformore100Man 4 weeks ago

Tin town

If it is eventually bought to market will NICE be be able to afford it? (saw the alzheimers drug was considered too expensive for the NHS)?

NICE don’t buy things, they decide if it is value for money for the NHS."

Yes quite right. The point I was trying to make though, is that not all treatments are made available for the NHS however successfull they may be,. It seems there's still quite a journey to go before this experimental / early stage treatment might be made available. As positive as the news about it is.

Central

Yes quite right. The point I was trying to make though, is that not all treatments are made available for the NHS however successfull they may be,. It seems there's still quite a journey to go before this experimental / early stage treatment might be made available. As positive as the news about it is. "

Yes, it's still fairly early in the development process. Fingers crossed that it continues to have positive results and that it would be made available via the NHS.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 4 weeks ago

Cumbria

Yes quite right. The point I was trying to make though, is that not all treatments are made available for the NHS however successfull they may be,. It seems there's still quite a journey to go before this experimental / early stage treatment might be made available. As positive as the news about it is. "

It’s the reality of the NHS, people want it to be able to provide all the latest, and often most expensive, drugs but don’t want it to be invested in.

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

[Removed by poster at 25/08/24 00:16:43]

By *verageSausageMan 3 weeks ago

Flintshire

It sounds good for people who have already been diagnosed with cancer.

However, I do feel that if there was to be a suggestion that humans should be vaccinated from birth with this new wonder drug, it might not be the best solution over all.

I might be wrong.

But, if you disagree, feel free to ask about my personal experience of mRNA.

By *ackformore100Man 3 weeks ago

Tin town

"It sounds good for people who have already been diagnosed with cancer.

However, I do feel that if there was to be a suggestion that humans should be vaccinated from birth with this new wonder drug, it might not be the best solution over all.

I might be wrong.

But, if you disagree, feel free to ask about my personal experience of mRNA."

Of course it's situation dependent and above all things right now it's not proven, not tested. But my dad would have given anything to try an experimental drug when he was dying of cancer so let there be hope.

By *verageSausageMan 3 weeks ago

Flintshire

I might be wrong.

Of course it's situation dependent and above all things right now it's not proven, not tested. But my dad would have given anything to try an experimental drug when he was dying of cancer so let there be hope. "

My father accepted every offer going of an experimental mRNA drug a few years ago. After 3 doses he suffered a huge "common cold" list of symptoms to the point where I called 99nine in desperation for his health.

I accepted no doses of the same drug and continued to be his unpaid carer, travelled on public transport 4 times per day, every day, accompanied him daily to visit mum in hospital during times when absolutely no hospital visiting was allowed but she was "on her death bed" and I was the sole person to go shopping.

By *ackformore100Man 3 weeks ago

Tin town

I might be wrong.

Of course it's situation dependent and above all things right now it's not proven, not tested. But my dad would have given anything to try an experimental drug when he was dying of cancer so let there be hope.

My father accepted every offer going of an experimental mRNA drug a few years ago. After 3 doses he suffered a huge "common cold" list of symptoms to the point where I called 99nine in desperation for his health.

I accepted no doses of the same drug and continued to be his unpaid carer, travelled on public transport 4 times per day, every day, accompanied him daily to visit mum in hospital during times when absolutely no hospital visiting was allowed but she was "on her death bed" and I was the sole person to go shopping."

Our lives in their hands right?

By *ophieslut OP   TV/TS 3 weeks ago

Central

It's still going through development, so research evidence is being collected. Once that's finished, the analysis would show how it may be best used, including whether people need different dose strategies, best treatment starting points, etc

They may have ideas but that's the beauty of the scientific method, it supports the testing of hypotheses, so that we don't need to just rely on guesswork etc.

It's an exciting time, for what is an end to a serious cause of so many deaths

By *inkydong12Man 3 weeks ago

Chester

They must have released a patent, it’s only a trail. Let’s wait for the results.

By *tevMan 1 week ago

Sevenoaks

If you're looking at what has happened mRNA covid vaccines and thought that you'd like another one, then you're stone cold insane!

By *ools and the brainCouple 1 week ago

couple, us we him her.

"If you're looking at what has happened mRNA covid vaccines and thought that you'd like another one, then you're stone cold insane! "

I think you seem to have an agenda here?

Spamming all the threads

By *ackformore100Man 1 week ago

Tin town

"It's still going through development, so research evidence is being collected. Once that's finished, the analysis would show how it may be best used, including whether people need different dose strategies, best treatment starting points, etc

They may have ideas but that's the beauty of the scientific method, it supports the testing of hypotheses, so that we don't need to just rely on guesswork etc.

It's an exciting time, for what is an end to a serious cause of so many deaths "

Isn't it a bit early to claim it's a end to a serious cause of cancer deaths? Unless the trials have been completed, results have been good and it's been approved to general use in the last few weeks?

By *I TwoCouple 1 week ago

currently travelling down W France

"If you're looking at what has happened mRNA covid vaccines and thought that you'd like another one, then you're stone cold insane! "

You're extremely unlikely to be offered another COVID mRNA vaccine, however if you or a loved one were diagnosed with terminal cancer I've a feeling you might be begging for anything that would give you a few days, weeks or possibly years and if not then insanity would be a better end for you .

By *esiGalGuy123Man 6 hours ago

Find me..

That's exciting news. Only if it could have come last year when a loved one was diagnosed with this disease!

» Add a new message to this topic