FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Mpox

Mpox

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    5 weeks ago

Are we all going back to lockdowns? Or will we stay calm and survive?

Opinions with some backing please!

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *ackformore100Man 5 weeks ago

Tin town

"Are we all going back to lockdowns? Or will we stay calm and survive?

Opinions with some backing please!"

Money to be made here surely. I think we all need testing 3 times a day and jabbing every 3 months... Or else.

By *naswingdressWoman 5 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

We'll listen to politicians and pundits. We'll fuck around. Some of us will find out.

By *oxy jWoman 5 weeks ago

somerset

nothing to joke about when in the congo its spreading and looks horrific ...lets hope it dont make it to these shores in the first place tho there was a simular out break last year amongst a small gay/bi male group

Tin town

"nothing to joke about when in the congo its spreading and looks horrific ...lets hope it dont make it to these shores in the first place tho there was a simular out break last year amongst a small gay/bi male group "

Think we need to be more proactive than hoping. First case in Sweden just reported. What will we do to reduce the risk of entering the UK?

By *arry and MegsCouple 5 weeks ago

Ipswich

Yeah, definitely a joking matter

By *oandstephCouple 5 weeks ago

Bradford

"nothing to joke about when in the congo its spreading and looks horrific ...lets hope it dont make it to these shores in the first place tho there was a simular out break last year amongst a small gay/bi male group

Think we need to be more proactive than hoping. First case in Sweden just reported. What will we do to reduce the risk of entering the UK? "

maybe riot and steal some steak bakes from greggs?

By *itaminMan 5 weeks ago

Felixstowe

Shock horror, Sweden announced first case outside of Africa... Would be Sweden wouldn't it.

By *melie LALWoman 5 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Shock horror, Sweden announced first case outside of Africa... Would be Sweden wouldn't it."

What a foolish thing to say. Go on, why would it be Sweden?

"Shock horror, Sweden announced first case outside of Africa... Would be Sweden wouldn't it.

What a foolish thing to say. Go on, why would it be Sweden?"

Eurovision?

Felixstowe

"Shock horror, Sweden announced first case outside of Africa... Would be Sweden wouldn't it.

What a foolish thing to say. Go on, why would it be Sweden?"

Prey tell, why is it so foolish?

By *entfootloverMan 5 weeks ago

Sevenoaks

"Think we need to be more proactive than hoping. First case in Sweden just reported. What will we do to reduce the risk of entering the UK? "

Virtually impossible to stop it from entering.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Central

It's sad but this is what viruses do - they mutate and potentially, as invisible to us, can get around.

I'm assuming that we'll get cases but our survival rate may be higher than DRC etc, as our nutrition and healthcare may be better. We've already had a good proportion of men who have sex with men, treated with vaccines and we have more readily accessible vaccines than many African nations. We're fortunate, unlike many poorer people, potentially including women there who may have little freedom outside of sex work.

The symptoms seemed horrific last time, with the other variant. I'm assuming this is similar.

It's likely we'll get sporadic cases and clusters of infections but little will be different, unless we get larger groups of people who hit the headlines.

By *eds7Man 5 weeks ago

Lancaster

The usual lockdown key workers working there arses off the rest sat at home with there pots and pans and downing there wine barring the at risk people..

Peterborough

Prey tell, why is it so foolish?"

You answer my question first.

By *ill69888Couple 5 weeks ago

cheltenham

DRC has a population of 105,000,000. Are we really going to get ourselves all worked up over a minuscule number of people?

Keep believing the WHO and the media if you wish but just have a look at the data for yourselves and stop listening to social media/MSM/WHO.

They really should teach critical thinking in school!

By *ir tootusMan 5 weeks ago

Burton-on-Trent

I don't know, but atleast there's a cure for this?

By *ncutgemMan 5 weeks ago

Bath ish

Umbongo umbingo keep it in the Congo

Allow travel to and from

And it will spread

Lock down one country NOW or the whole world later i can see what’s coming

By *allySlinkyWoman 5 weeks ago

Leeds

"Umbongo umbingo keep it in the Congo

Allow travel to and from

And it will spread

Lock down one country NOW or the whole world later i can see what’s coming "

It has already spread to Kenya, Burundi, Rwanda and Uganda. Are you proposing locking down the whole of Africa, plus Sweden ?

By *ilverfox for youMan 5 weeks ago

Hull

Should stop flights immediately from the area otherwise it will be here .common sense really but bet it doesn’t happen until it’s to late

Tin town

Fortunately we've got all those learning s from a recent virus spread. And as someone said above, not taking the media too seriously could be one of those learnings.

By *ouple4voyeurCouple 5 weeks ago

Birmingham

Vaccine has been around for years. More scaremongery 🥱🥱

By *enfold75Man 5 weeks ago

hemel hempstead

I don't think anyone will listen to the government now after what happens with the previous lockdown and rules

By *arberellasswimsuitCouple 5 weeks ago

hengoed

Attack free speech put us into lockdown arrest people for Facebook posts hate on the British and English flag seems like things are going really well for our country lol the future looks bleak

Felixstowe

You answer my question first."

Yeh that's what I thought.

By *ovebjsMan 5 weeks ago

Bristol

"Vaccine has been around for years. More scaremongery 🥱🥱"

Yup! It’s just convincing ignorance in that country regarding vaccines 👍

I think the issue is it’s a new variant, and the existing vaccine has limited efficency

By *r Frank BoothMan 5 weeks ago

T.Wells

Subject: MPOX

Like the world didn't have enough shit to deal with... I'm guessing you saw this news: WHO declares emergency with monkey pox.

Aside from being thoroughly unpleasant, this 1b strain of MPOX has high fatality rates (~10%). At the moment it's restricted to central Africa but could spread. The good news is that it's not primarily a respiratory pathogen - more an STD so should be relatively more avoidable, that being said close contact i.e. being sneezed, coughed or breathed on would be another potential route. This is much more likely when sores are overt and especially when they're present in the mouth and throat. Fomite transmission could be another route - unwashed bed sheets, towels etc. However for the (time being...) MPOX is no CoV-2 in terms of transmissibility, though if you contract it it's clearly a far worse disease. Smallpox was readily transmissible via respiratory routes and had an R value from 3-6 so much higher than even omicron CoV-2, couple that to a 30% fatality rate and it's easy to see why it was such a global scourge. This isn't just to wind Dan up I promise, but the nightmare situation would be if MPOX started to morph into the new smallpox - e.g. by increasing transmissibility via respiratory routes. To be clear there's no evidence yet that will happen but it's a closely related virus so not beyond the realms of what evolution is capable of. 

The smallpox vaccine which is very well tolerated and has been around for many decades, does work well against MPOX though its efficacy is less clear for the new 1b clade. There's nothing at the moment to say it won't be effective though - doubtless we'll find out from ongoing ring vaccination trials in due course. If the smallpox vaccine does turn out be (relatively) ineffective, developing new and efficacious vaccines should thankfully be straightforward especially since pox viruses - as nasty as they can be - are less slippery customers than that prick the coronavirus. FYI there's a chance that anyone born before 1971 in the UK will also have had a smallpox vaccination but it's anyone's guess what level of immunity that would provide now.  

This was posted not to freak anyone out rather just give a bit of background info. 

Peterborough

Yeh that's what I thought. "

I have an answer, you obviously don't. Obviously a throw away comment. I shouldn't have wasted my time.

Tin town

"Subject: MPOX

Like the world didn't have enough shit to deal with... I'm guessing you saw this news: WHO declares emergency with monkey pox.

Aside from being thoroughly unpleasant, this 1b strain of MPOX has high fatality rates (~10%). At the moment it's restricted to central Africa but could spread. The good news is that it's not primarily a respiratory pathogen - more an STD so should be relatively more avoidable, that being said close contact i.e. being sneezed, coughed or breathed on would be another potential route. This is much more likely when sores are overt and especially when they're present in the mouth and throat. Fomite transmission could be another route - unwashed bed sheets, towels etc. However for the (time being...) MPOX is no CoV-2 in terms of transmissibility, though if you contract it it's clearly a far worse disease. Smallpox was readily transmissible via respiratory routes and had an R value from 3-6 so much higher than even omicron CoV-2, couple that to a 30% fatality rate and it's easy to see why it was such a global scourge. This isn't just to wind Dan up I promise, but the nightmare situation would be if MPOX started to morph into the new smallpox - e.g. by increasing transmissibility via respiratory routes. To be clear there's no evidence yet that will happen but it's a closely related virus so not beyond the realms of what evolution is capable of. 

The smallpox vaccine which is very well tolerated and has been around for many decades, does work well against MPOX though its efficacy is less clear for the new 1b clade. There's nothing at the moment to say it won't be effective though - doubtless we'll find out from ongoing ring vaccination trials in due course. If the smallpox vaccine does turn out be (relatively) ineffective, developing new and efficacious vaccines should thankfully be straightforward especially since pox viruses - as nasty as they can be - are less slippery customers than that prick the coronavirus. FYI there's a chance that anyone born before 1971 in the UK will also have had a smallpox vaccination but it's anyone's guess what level of immunity that would provide now.  

This was posted not to freak anyone out rather just give a bit of background info. 

"

Out of interest where did you get the 10% fatty rate from.? The one I read from who said 4 deaths out of each 100 cases so 4%, I wonder if that was a different variant perhaps or simply the media making numbers up for effect.

Tin town

Out of interest where did you get the 10% fatty rate from.? The one I read from who said 4 deaths out of each 100 cases so 4%, I wonder if that was a different variant perhaps or simply the media making numbers up for effect. "

Bloody autocarrot!

*fatality rate not fatty rate. *

By *ir tootusMan 5 weeks ago

Burton-on-Trent

Out of interest where did you get the 10% fatty rate from.? The one I read from who said 4 deaths out of each 100 cases so 4%, I wonder if that was a different variant perhaps or simply the media making numbers up for effect.

Bloody autocarrot!

*fatality rate not fatty rate. *"

Those carrots man

Felixstowe

Yeh that's what I thought. I have an answer, you obviously don't. Obviously a throw away comment. I shouldn't have wasted my time. "

You intimated that my comment was foolish, before asking what I meant. Therefore I reserve my right to enquire why it is foolish before I give you detailed reasoning, as you give the impression of knowing why it's foolish before hearing the details.

Please don't feel the need to reply, I wouldn't want to waste either of our time further.

Good day.

By *aul2266Man 5 weeks ago

Liverpool

Maybe we should stop the boats now

"Maybe we should stop the boats now "

Great idea, but we’ll let the yachts, supercars and jetskis in still

By (user no longer on site) 5 weeks ago

They need to lock the countries down and let no one in or out ffs!! If my holiday to the Caribbean is jeopardised there will be repercussions 😂

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 5 weeks ago

Watford

More WHO scaremongering nonsense.

By *elboy1957Man 5 weeks ago

Weston-super-Mare

Just remove the 'K' and you're see what monkey pox means

By *vgloryholebs16TV/TS 5 weeks ago

Bristol.

Nearly 50 years ago, some of us( not many lol) will remember HTLV-111.

A virus that was ridiculed and dismissed as over reaction..

The slogan Silence=Death arrived ..This became known as Hiv and as a result the number of AIDS related deaths worldwide is a million each year and still the leading cause of death in some countries.

The mpox virus appears to have similar beginnings to HTLV-111.

Although I have had the series of vaccinations, I am not sure how effective this will be with the new strain..

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan 5 weeks ago

"Maybe we should stop the boats now

"

I’m sure the people on the yachts will be know to whichever country they’re going and coming from

Bradford

"Nearly 50 years ago, some of us( not many lol) will remember HTLV-111.

The slogan Silence=Death arrived ..This became known as Hiv and as a result the number of AIDS related deaths worldwide is a million each year and still the leading cause of death in some countries.

Although I have had the series of vaccinations, I am not sure how effective this will be with the new strain..

"

oh so is the mpox strain man made too like the HIV?

Bristol.

oh so is the mpox strain man made too like the HIV? "

There is no evidence whatsoever that hiv was man made.

Both viruses originate from Africa..

Rodents are passing the mpox virus on and it's young people who are dying at the moment..

By *enny PR9TV/TS 5 weeks ago

Southport

"

For what it's worth, the CDC in the USA are not advising you'll need a booster if you've already had the 2 part vacination already that was avalable 2 years ago.

Bradford

Rodents are passing the mpox virus on and it's young people who are dying at the moment.."

dont think theres any evidence too prove where it naturally originated either after all these years

Bristol.

For what it's worth, the CDC in the USA are not advising you'll need a booster if you've already had the 2 part vacination already that was avalable 2 years ago.

Thank you Jenny.

"

By *verready5000Man 5 weeks ago

mansfield

Just another control measure from the government, all BS like covid. I won’t be getting any jabs or doing lockdown again.

Tin town

"Maybe we should stop the boats now

"

If they have a passport and ferry ticket why wouldn't they?

Tin town

Rodents are passing the mpox virus on and it's young people who are dying at the moment.."

Where did you see that rodents are passing it to humans.? That's a Completely new news.

Bristol.

Rodents are passing the mpox virus on and it's young people who are dying at the moment..

Where did you see that rodents are passing it to humans.? That's a Completely new news. "

Mpox is a zoonotic ( think that's right) disease , that means it can be spread by animals to humans..

By *izandpaulCouple 5 weeks ago

merseyside

I've worked in some of these countries and to see these poor people walking around with any variety of pox is a sad, sorry sight.

Don't think any part of their fate is in anyway laughable.

Their living conditions tends to be a breeding ground for all types of contagion, being undernourished, living 6 to a room, poor access to laundry, washing facilities and clean water, is a disaster for them.

Poor education, poor healthcare and a general over arching corruption at local and national level makes their lives just manageable.

The only time they seem to get serious help is when the overweight, educated, western folks like me and you get scared their terrible pox may reach our shores and then we demand help from our leaders while simultaneously cursing our healthcare and pharma companies.

Wouldn't be too concerned as most of those horrible diseases that contaminate African States wouldn't do too well on or overfed, daily showered and sweet smelling carcasses.

If you are really concerned you could always volunteer to go out and help.

Tin town

Where did you see that rodents are passing it to humans.? That's a Completely new news.

Mpox is a zoonotic ( think that's right) disease , that means it can be spread by animals to humans.. "

there's a difference between 'can be' and 'is being' though. Has any credible entity said it is being passed from rodents to humans. I mean that's a bit of a game changer

By *ripodius WillyusMan 5 weeks ago

Colne

The arrests re facebook posts were stupid and dangerous as all the cunts that believed it and none of it based on fact. They were egging on folk wanting folk murdered, attack cops destroy businesses example the citizens advice place shows how thick and gullible the meatheads were and are forever. Nothing funny about what happened just wish sentences could be lot more

"Attack free speech put us into lockdown arrest people for Facebook posts hate on the British and English flag seems like things are going really well for our country lol the future looks bleak "

Peterborough

Mpox is a zoonotic ( think that's right) disease , that means it can be spread by animals to humans.. there's a difference between 'can be' and 'is being' though. Has any credible entity said it is being passed from rodents to humans. I mean that's a bit of a game changer "

Mpox is a zoonotic disease, transmitted to humans by animals. First discovered in 1958 among monkeys in a Danish research lab, the virus’s original name may or may not be a misnomer. Small mammals are thought to harbor the virus in African rainforests where it’s endemic, but it can infect many mammals and has only been isolated in wild animals twice: a rope squirrel in the DRC in 1985 and a mangabey in Cote d’Ivoire in 2012. The actual disease reservoir(s) remain unknown.

National Geographic 15/8/24

Bradford

Mpox is a zoonotic ( think that's right) disease , that means it can be spread by animals to humans.. there's a difference between 'can be' and 'is being' though. Has any credible entity said it is being passed from rodents to humans. I mean that's a bit of a game changer

Mpox is a zoonotic disease, transmitted to humans by animals. First discovered in 1958 among monkeys in a Danish research lab, the virus’s original name may or may not be a misnomer. Small mammals are thought to harbor the virus in African rainforests where it’s endemic, but it can infect many mammals and has only been isolated in wild animals twice: a rope squirrel in the DRC in 1985 and a mangabey in Cote d’Ivoire in 2012. The actual disease reservoir(s) remain unknown.

National Geographic 15/8/24"

a research lab oh where have we had that one before i wonder lol

Tin town

Mpox is a zoonotic ( think that's right) disease , that means it can be spread by animals to humans.. there's a difference between 'can be' and 'is being' though. Has any credible entity said it is being passed from rodents to humans. I mean that's a bit of a game changer

National Geographic 15/8/24"

So no evidence of rodents passing it to humans this outbreak.?

By *onkey 2023Man 5 weeks ago

Cross Hands

Is there a ‘closing down’ sale?

By *I TwoCouple 5 weeks ago

currently travelling down W France

[Removed by poster at 16/08/24 23:39:35]

[Removed by poster at 16/08/24 23:39:58]

National Geographic 15/8/24 a research lab oh where have we had that one before i wonder lol"

Were you around in 1958 ?

Manchester (she/her)

National Geographic 15/8/24 a research lab oh where have we had that one before i wonder lol"

Where do you think people find out about viruses if not research labs. Tesco?

By *assageVirtuosoMan 5 weeks ago

SouthEast

"DRC has a population of 105,000,000. Are we really going to get ourselves all worked up over a minuscule number of people?

Keep believing the WHO and the media if you wish but just have a look at the data for yourselves and stop listening to social media/MSM/WHO.

They really should teach critical thinking in school!"

They do teach critical thinking at school . However, later on , society teaches the opposite .

Bradford

National Geographic 15/8/24 a research lab oh where have we had that one before i wonder lol

Where do you think people find out about viruses if not research labs. Tesco?"

facebook and fab virus forums lol

Felixstowe

I do like it when average Joe quotes average scientist Joe, in the belief what they say is gospel.

Tin town

National Geographic 15/8/24 a research lab oh where have we had that one before i wonder lol

Where do you think people find out about viruses if not research labs. Tesco?facebook and fab virus forums lol"

Scientists don't use tescos or Facebook then? Interesting.

By *atandasmileMan 5 weeks ago

Edinburgh

"

Thank you. I haven't really been following the monkey pox situation and I did find your post informative. A good starting point.

Tin town

Here's an up to date assessment... Well dated yesterday from ecdc.

https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/sites/default/files/documents/mpox-risk-assessment-monkeypox-virus-africa-august-2024.pdf

Bradford

Where do you think people find out about viruses if not research labs. Tesco?facebook and fab virus forums lol

Scientists don't use tescos or Facebook then? Interesting. "

they might suppose every little helps

Tin town

"Scientists don't use tescos or Facebook then? Interesting. "

they might suppose every little helps"

Oh splendid work! Chapeau

By *arahfromwarringtonTV/TS 5 weeks ago

warrington

The first Mpox outbreak was a type that was primarily a MSM STD, and thus of some importance to many of our promiscuous community. This variant is more of a general close contact infection. Either way I will be getting vaccinated as soon as it’s available.

By *andG2024Couple 5 weeks ago

Atherstone

"The first Mpox outbreak was a type that was primarily a MSM STD, and thus of some importance to many of our promiscuous community. This variant is more of a general close contact infection. Either way I will be getting vaccinated as soon as it’s available."

I wish you all the best

Manchester (she/her)

Where do you think people find out about viruses if not research labs. Tesco?facebook and fab virus forums lol"

Every accusation is a confession 😅🤷‍♀️

By *hagTonightMan 5 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

We will stay calm, there is no need for a lockdown, unless there are financial interests to it.

By *enSiskoMan 5 weeks ago

Cestus 3

All I know is I am doing my own thing regardless, in relation to this thread topic, go out when I want do exactly as I want.

By *cfcchickWoman 5 weeks ago

leicester

Maybe stopping the migrants illegally crossing our sea would help x

By *appy 2 lickMan 5 weeks ago

lanarkshire

Stop all flights from the country s that are on the watch list

Bradford

"Stop all flights from the country s that are on the watch list "
id say theres more coming in on boats than planes

By *andL4FunCouple 5 weeks ago

Cheshire / Shropshire

"Are we all going back to lockdowns? Or will we stay calm and survive?

Opinions with some backing please!"

Be going back to some seriously boring discussions on here that’s for sure lol

By *ophieslutTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Central

"Maybe stopping the migrants illegally crossing our sea would help x"

I'm assuming that zero of them will have been visiting the DRC recently, so it's probably not going to make an iota of difference.

This is more about the rest of the world helping the poorer nations get easier access to medical support, to reduce the amount of suffering and the risks of infection getting out of hand. Unless you know something that's enlightening and compassionate,

By *rioxxxMan 5 weeks ago

edinburgh

It will make these shore as loads of workers in the holiday resorts are it’s no an if it’s a certainty

Tin town

"Maybe stopping the migrants illegally crossing our sea would help x

I'm assuming that zero of them will have been visiting the DRC recently, so it's probably not going to make an iota of difference.

This is more about the rest of the world helping the poorer nations get easier access to medical support, to reduce the amount of suffering and the risks of infection getting out of hand. Unless you know something that's enlightening and compassionate,"

Hopefully those responsible take a more proactive approach. The 13 African

Union Member States with reported cases in 2024 are Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Republic of the

Congo (hereafter referred to as Congo), Côte d’Ivoire, DRC, Ghana, Liberia, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa.

Although the degree of under-ascertainment and under-reporting of cases in affected countries is unknown, it is

presumed to be substantial. Thus, the number of reported cases is likely an underestimation of the true number of

infections and the case fatality is likely overestimated. Furthermore, it can be assumed that community

transmission is taking place in several African countries due to the widespread geographical distribution of reported

cases and the wide age ranges represented. Source ecdc

Peterborough

So no evidence of rodents passing it to humans this outbreak.? "

Dunno

By *ecret-strangerMan 5 weeks ago

Deeside

Quick - get your toilet roll while you can

Peterborough

Ask Sir Stalin keir "

for the politics forum, scroll down. Or you want yo blame mpoxcon him like you do everything else

Peterborough

Mpox on him...grrr phone

By *un Lancs 88Man 5 weeks ago

Ormskirk

Stay at home

Eat bananas

Climb trees 🌳

Wear a face mask made by the woman down the road on the local Facebook group, 3 for a tenner

Peterborough

In Pakistan

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

Mpox is a phyop.

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

Mpox is a phyop.

By *melie LALWoman 4 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Mpox is a phyop. "

Psyop?

By *x cplCouple 4 weeks ago

North of Oxford

It will be something else next year. Ebola or a new strain of the plague etc...

By *eep_HeatMan 4 weeks ago

Cockington

"Maybe stopping the migrants illegally crossing our sea would help x"

Sad how some have to bring their culture wars into everything…….

By *eadingCouple1963Couple 4 weeks ago

Reading

"

Yep, thought the same. Sad agenda

By *allySlinkyWoman 4 weeks ago

Leeds

Yep, thought the same. Sad agenda

"

It also seems that "Muppet Kier Stalin" is always mentioned

By *crumdiddlyumptiousMan 4 weeks ago

"

It’s crazy how people are connecting the two, people illegally entering countries un checked and diseases spreading from Asia and Africa into Europe

Leeds

The person who brought it into Sweden is a legal citizen there.

By *ackformore100Man 4 weeks ago

Tin town

"

Having secure borders is a culture war now? OK then.

Tin town

Do they know if the current vaccines are effective against the most recent outbreak variant.?

"The person who brought it into Sweden is a legal citizen there. "

1 he shouldn’t of been allowed to visit a outbreak area and return to his “home” country without proper checks

2 How many more people legally or illegally traveling across countries are carrying the disease without getting checked, Just like COVID allowing people to enter countries when they was traveling from infected areas just helped spread the disease

By *ophieslutTV/TS 4 weeks ago

Central

"The person who brought it into Sweden is a legal citizen there.

1 he shouldn’t of been allowed to visit a outbreak area and return to his “home” country without proper checks

2 How many more people legally or illegally traveling across countries are carrying the disease without getting checked, Just like COVID allowing people to enter countries when they was traveling from infected areas just helped spread the disease "

It's probably not that many. We need to remember that this isn't something like the plague, during medieval times. Open borders do help to spread diseases, including the flu and measles, etc but we don't stop travel. Vaccine acquired immunity may be the type of requirements needed for some infections. It's still a little early to know the effectiveness of vaccines and this new variant but it should be good

2 How many more people legally or illegally traveling across countries are carrying the disease without getting checked, Just like COVID allowing people to enter countries when they was traveling from infected areas just helped spread the disease

It's probably not that many. We need to remember that this isn't something like the plague, during medieval times. Open borders do help to spread diseases, including the flu and measles, etc but we don't stop travel. Vaccine acquired immunity may be the type of requirements needed for some infections. It's still a little early to know the effectiveness of vaccines and this new variant but it should be good "

I’m not saying stop traveling altogether unless traveling from infected areas and more stringent checks need to be in place

Central

It's probably not that many. We need to remember that this isn't something like the plague, during medieval times. Open borders do help to spread diseases, including the flu and measles, etc but we don't stop travel. Vaccine acquired immunity may be the type of requirements needed for some infections. It's still a little early to know the effectiveness of vaccines and this new variant but it should be good

I’m not saying stop traveling altogether unless traveling from infected areas and more stringent checks need to be in place "

Is it necessary, when this isn't likely, at current levels, to be a major issue? This would be a bit like the early Swedish response to COVID, where they were more relaxed than their Scandinavian neighbours.

By *iddle ManMan 4 weeks ago

Walsall

Let me know when it's something to worry about. The media would have us up in arms over anything.

I have no doubt it's bad if you get it and it will spread, but lockdowns and jab jab jab. Come on people.

By *lackXealMan 4 weeks ago

Middlesbrough

GAIN OF FUNCTION.

If you know what I mean

By *naswingdressWoman 4 weeks ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Let me know when it's something to worry about. The media would have us up in arms over anything.

I have no doubt it's bad if you get it and it will spread, but lockdowns and jab jab jab. Come on people. "

Yeah, I know. The conspiracy theorists need to up their game on their wank fantasy. Anyone with half a brain can see that different diseases require different mitigation strategies.

But the people who love their conspiracy stories can't handle that sort of nuance, so the peddlers spew out the same old tired hits. It's why we've barely seen novel wank material on COVID since 2020 - the masses won't tolerate deviation from their bedtime stories.

Peterborough

"GAIN OF FUNCTION.

If you know what I mean

"

Not a clue.

Peterborough

"Let me know when it's something to worry about. The media would have us up in arms over anything.

I have no doubt it's bad if you get it and it will spread, but lockdowns and jab jab jab. Come on people.

Yeah, I know. The conspiracy theorists need to up their game on their wank fantasy. Anyone with half a brain can see that different diseases require different mitigation strategies.

But the people who love their conspiracy stories can't handle that sort of nuance, so the peddlers spew out the same old tired hits. It's why we've barely seen novel wank material on COVID since 2020 - the masses won't tolerate deviation from their bedtime stories."

A bit like the poster I questioned whether he meant psyop.

Reading

"GAIN OF FUNCTION.

If you know what I mean

"

Please explain! & don't use the "Do you own research" bollox

Leeds

"Shock horror, Sweden announced first case outside of Africa... Would be Sweden wouldn't it."

I am still waiting to see why it "would be Sweden wouldn't it"

Peterborough

I am still waiting to see why it "would be Sweden wouldn't it""

He didn't want to answer.

Central

I am still waiting to see why it "would be Sweden wouldn't it""

I think we'll continue to wait for a long time for an intelligent response Sally

By *ithintemptationsCouple 4 weeks ago

plymouth

more profitable fear mongering , as you were...

By *I TwoCouple 4 weeks ago

"GAIN OF FUNCTION.

If you know what I mean

Not a clue."

Learn how to pull your foreskin back ?

By *he Flat CapsCouple 4 weeks ago

Pontypool

Dunno"

From the NHS website -

In parts of west and central Africa, mpox can also be caught from infected rodents (such as rats, mice and squirrels) if:

you're bitten

you touch their fur, skin, blood, body fluids, spots, blisters or scabs

you eat their meat and it has not been cooked thoroughly

Leeds

"

Today's Guardian says that for the first time in 50 years Sweden has "net negative immigration" which means more people are leaving the country than entering. Is this of any relevance ?

Tin town

Dunno

From the NHS website -

In parts of west and central Africa, mpox can also be caught from infected rodents (such as rats, mice and squirrels) if:

you're bitten

you touch their fur, skin, blood, body fluids, spots, blisters or scabs

you eat their meat and it has not been cooked thoroughly"

Thank you

By *rWhite4YouMan 4 weeks ago

Manchester

As from covid , my job had to carry on. Never had any jabs, and i wont be having any for this either.

Simple if its my time to die

The world is over crowded as it is. What will be, will be.

Reading

"As from covid , my job had to carry on. Never had any jabs, and i wont be having any for this either.

"

Such compassion!

By *londebiguyMan 4 weeks ago

Southport

Is it the monkeypox virus aroubd a couple of years ago?

Or a different strain etc?

Southport

[Removed by poster at 20/08/24 12:46:57]

By *enny PR9TV/TS 4 weeks ago

Southport

"Is it the monkeypox virus aroubd a couple of years ago?

Or a different strain etc?"

It's a different clade of the MPox virus that's still around in this country, of which there were 40 cases reported last month. MPox is in the same family as the Smallpox virus, which is why the modified Smallpox vaccine is up to 85% effective against it.

Central

"As from covid , my job had to carry on. Never had any jabs, and i wont be having any for this either.

"

Do you generally avoid any/all medical treatments?

By *oandstephCouple 4 weeks ago

Bradford

Do you generally avoid any/all medical treatments? "

we personally do, our bodys are more than capable of looking after us if we look after our body, got to 35 with no issuesso far

Central

Do you generally avoid any/all medical treatments? we personally do, our bodys are more than capable of looking after us if we look after our body, got to 35 with no issuesso far"

Tin town

Do you generally avoid any/all medical treatments? we personally do, our bodys are more than capable of looking after us if we look after our body, got to 35 with no issuesso far"

I think that's brilliant if you are able to do that. There's a clear narrative to shove more and more into our bodies but if you can manage without more power to you.

Bradford

Do you generally avoid any/all medical treatments? we personally do, our bodys are more than capable of looking after us if we look after our body, got to 35 with no issuesso far

I think that's brilliant if you are able to do that. There's a clear narrative to shove more and more into our bodies but if you can manage without more power to you. "

the problem nowadays is the nutritional value of foods were lacking in

By *antastic_Mr_Fox_76Man 4 weeks ago

District 13

According to the news I briefly caught wind of the incubation period could be two weeks and the presumption is it could already be in the UK but not spotted yet 😳

Kinda reminds me of initial Covid times where people were getting sick in the latter part of 2019 and spreading it before it was noticed 🤷🏽‍♂️

But to try and remain positive I hope it’s not at all in UK yet 😳🤞🏽

Manchester

Do you generally avoid any/all medical treatments? we personally do, our bodys are more than capable of looking after us if we look after our body, got to 35 with no issuesso far

I think that's brilliant if you are able to do that. There's a clear narrative to shove more and more into our bodies but if you can manage without more power to you. the problem nowadays is the nutritional value of foods were lacking in "

glad to hear other people arent already queuing at the local jab centres.

Human test project has never been on my list of to-do's .

By *Silver-Man 4 weeks ago

Mold

"nothing to joke about when in the congo its spreading and looks horrific ...lets hope it dont make it to these shores in the first place tho there was a simular out break last year amongst a small gay/bi male group "

Haha...thats total rubbish

Mold

There has been no cases of mpox with the same strain as the congo here in the UK.

And it has nothing to do with bi or gay men lol

A less severe type of mpox outbreak a couple of years ago but that strain has been here for time and is still here and across europe and the world.

Peterborough

[Removed by poster at 20/08/24 15:32:48]

Mold

[Removed by poster at 20/08/24 15:34:43]

Peterborough

Ahhh stuff is just around the corner then

By *assageVirtuosoMan 4 weeks ago

SouthEast

I think that's brilliant if you are able to do that. There's a clear narrative to shove more and more into our bodies but if you can manage without more power to you. the problem nowadays is the nutritional value of foods were lacking in

glad to hear other people arent already queuing at the local jab centres.

Human test project has never been on my list of to-do's . "

Me too / Me neither

By *izandpaulCouple 4 weeks ago

merseyside

Up to 35 eh.

Brilliant.

If you can keep this up for another 50 years you win a coconut.

Sadly, even those who try may not be successful but I wish you every luck in the world.

Manchester

Up to 35 eh.

Brilliant.

Sadly, even those who try may not be successful but I wish you every luck in the world.

"

What doesnt ki*l you

makes you you stronger

Southport

Rodents are passing the mpox virus on and it's young people who are dying at the moment..dont think theres any evidence too prove where it naturally originated either after all these years "

There is evidence as to the origins of HIV.

To the other poster, there is no evidence suggesting thst it was man made at all.

Peterborough

Up to 35 eh.

Brilliant.

What doesnt ki*l you

makes you you stronger "

Oddly enough that's a fallacy.

By *izandpaulCouple 4 weeks ago

merseyside

Up to 35 eh.

Brilliant.

What doesnt ki*l you

makes you you stronger "

Oh dear.

Maybe ask a cancer survivor if they feel stronger than before diagnosis or someone who has had a major trauma.

Maybe happy they are cured or in remission but stronger, probably not.

But, but, but.

If it makes you feel better thinking this way, as always, good luck to you.

Reading

Up to 35 eh.

Brilliant.

What doesnt ki*l you

makes you you stronger "

Interesting point. Wish I'd thought of that when I had chemo, radio therapy and finally surgery. Perhaps I should just have declined the treatment. What say you OP?

Southport

"I've worked in some of these countries and to see these poor people walking around with any variety of pox is a sad, sorry sight.

Don't think any part of their fate is in anyway laughable.

Their living conditions tends to be a breeding ground for all types of contagion, being undernourished, living 6 to a room, poor access to laundry, washing facilities and clean water, is a disaster for them.

Poor education, poor healthcare and a general over arching corruption at local and national level makes their lives just manageable.

The only time they seem to get serious help is when the overweight, educated, western folks like me and you get scared their terrible pox may reach our shores and then we demand help from our leaders while simultaneously cursing our healthcare and pharma companies.

Wouldn't be too concerned as most of those horrible diseases that contaminate African States wouldn't do too well on or overfed, daily showered and sweet smelling carcasses.

If you are really concerned you could always volunteer to go out and help. "

This.

Sadly, this is reality.

Southport

Is this a new Monkey pox strain then?

By *eep_HeatMan 4 weeks ago

Cockington

Up to 35 eh.

Brilliant.

What doesnt ki*l you

makes you you stronger "

Sadly the scars left by trauma might appear ‘stronger’ than healthy tissue -but they are less flexible -or sensitive and often never stop hurting -that South Bavarian folk BS re-cycled by that sociopath Nietzche has been responsible for a lot of cruelty in the name of resilience.

Tin town

It's interesting how many people seem incapable of accepting that some people like to do things "differently" and for that they are ganged up on, bullied, have the piss taken out of them. People are thankfully different. Why so much need to flex muscles and continue to poke fun? Seems rather lacking in comprehension and humanity.

Reading

"It's interesting how many people seem incapable of accepting that some people like to do things "differently" and for that they are ganged up on, bullied, have the piss taken out of them. People are thankfully different. Why so much need to flex muscles and continue to poke fun? Seems rather lacking in comprehension and humanity. "

Probably because some of the nonsense on this thread is frankly insulting. But hey Ho!

Central

"It's interesting how many people seem incapable of accepting that some people like to do things "differently" and for that they are ganged up on, bullied, have the piss taken out of them. People are thankfully different. Why so much need to flex muscles and continue to poke fun? Seems rather lacking in comprehension and humanity.

Probably because some of the nonsense on this thread is frankly insulting. But hey Ho! "

It's not just this thread, in the Virus section, sadly

Bradford

Up to 35 eh.

Brilliant.

"

hence why i said we, it were by no means advise to anyone else just personal preference

Bradford

"It's interesting how many people seem incapable of accepting that some people like to do things "differently" and for that they are ganged up on, bullied, have the piss taken out of them. People are thankfully different. Why so much need to flex muscles and continue to poke fun? Seems rather lacking in comprehension and humanity.

Probably because some of the nonsense on this thread is frankly insulting. But hey Ho! "

insulting to who tho, think thia is the point some are trying to make, if they personally choose to not be vaccinated against ect ect ect then why does that insult said vaccinated person, and id say that surgery and treatments are slightly different to vaccinations in this topic specifically

By *urplerhinoMan 4 weeks ago

Newcastle

Seams to be a lot of daily mail readers on this thread. I think every conspiracy and wacky idea has come forward, only one I didn’t see is flat earth!

Tin town

Who is it insulting..? Hey ho.

Tin town

Probably because some of the nonsense on this thread is frankly insulting. But hey Ho!

It's not just this thread, in the Virus section, sadly "

Well quite. I see it many threads. Feeling the need to insult and take the piss because some people choose to be different. It's not necessary, adds little of value to any debate and not something anyone would say face to face with eachother.

Peterborough

"It's interesting how many people seem incapable of accepting that some people like to do things "differently" and for that they are ganged up on, bullied, have the piss taken out of them. People are thankfully different. Why so much need to flex muscles and continue to poke fun? Seems rather lacking in comprehension and humanity. "

An opposing view is bullying? You have to accept medical knowledge and experiential knowledge can, and does outweigh a saying that is frankly non-sensical for physical health; however, some may feel stronger psychologically (discounting ptsd obviously).

Peterborough

Well quite. I see it many threads. Feeling the need to insult and take the piss because some people choose to be different. It's not necessary, adds little of value to any debate and not something anyone would say face to face with eachother. "

As an HCP I want people to make informed decisions, to know the consequences of the aye or nay.

Bradford

Well quite. I see it many threads. Feeling the need to insult and take the piss because some people choose to be different. It's not necessary, adds little of value to any debate and not something anyone would say face to face with eachother.

As an HCP I want people to make informed decisions, to know the consequences of the aye or nay. "

exactly that and nowadays its never bewn easier for people to do their own research and make there own decision, but thats still wrong for some people if it doesn't align with their views. I couldnt care less whether you've had this that or them but try telling me i need them because you think you do thats just bizzare lol

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man 4 weeks ago

Stourbridge

I think you’ve got to search for the hero inside your self

Or was that M People

By *assageVirtuosoMan 4 weeks ago

SouthEast

As an HCP I want people to make informed decisions, to know the consequences of the aye or nay. exactly that and nowadays its never bewn easier for people to do their own research and make there own decision, but thats still wrong for some people if it doesn't align with their views. I couldnt care less whether you've had this that or them but try telling me i need them because you think you do thats just bizzare lol"

Many people don't realise how much of communists they are. Society takes prevalence over an individual. We have to do what everyone else does, usually being dictated from a superior authority . Even thinking differently is seen as a threat to unity.

By *orlandaMan 4 weeks ago

Norwich

Remember folks, the only difference between conspiracy theory and fact is time. At one point, we believed the universe revolved around the earth!

It's personal choice as to what anyone is prepared to have put in their body, some will be comfortable with a jab or 8, others won't.

Personally, I won't judge or get offended whatever the choice is for whoever I happen to be talking to about it

Peace and love folks, peace and love.

X

Tin town

As an HCP I want people to make informed decisions, to know the consequences of the aye or nay. "

What you want and what others want may not always align. And it is a good thing to respect others choices.

By *I TwoCouple 4 weeks ago

As an HCP I want people to make informed decisions, to know the consequences of the aye or nay. exactly that and nowadays its never bewn easier for people to do their own research and make there own decision, but thats still wrong for some people if it doesn't align with their views. I couldnt care less whether you've had this that or them but try telling me i need them because you think you do thats just bizzare lol"

The art of doing one's own research is judging what is fact and what is bullshit. That requires an immense amount of knowledge of the subject you are researching, not a belief in what you want to find.

Bradford

As an HCP I want people to make informed decisions, to know the consequences of the aye or nay. exactly that and nowadays its never bewn easier for people to do their own research and make there own decision, but thats still wrong for some people if it doesn't align with their views. I couldnt care less whether you've had this that or them but try telling me i need them because you think you do thats just bizzare lol

The art of doing one's own research is judging what is fact and what is bullshit. That requires an immense amount of knowledge of the subject you are researching, not a belief in what you want to find."

certainly does ypu are correct and theres plenty of that in the media, but suppose this is about personal choice so it comes down to personal belief not what someone else beleives is and tells you is true or bullshit

Peterborough

As an HCP I want people to make informed decisions, to know the consequences of the aye or nay.

What you want and what others want may not always align. And it is a good thing to respect others choices. "

People have the right to make good choices or perceived poor choices = respecting others choices. What I don't have to respect are those people (on either side) try and force their choices onto others as being hobsons choice.

Manchester

"Remember folks, the only difference between conspiracy theory and fact is time. At one point, we believed the universe revolved around the earth!

It's personal choice as to what anyone is prepared to have put in their body, some will be comfortable with a jab or 8, others won't.

Personally, I won't judge or get offended whatever the choice is for whoever I happen to be talking to about it

X

"

As wise man once said ^^^^ all of the above

Manchester

Imagine if , everybody takes it .

And everyone dies.

Then theres a few that was outcast from society for not having it - an they were the only people left.

If half have it and half dont - bill gates will get his "population" numbers he wants so badly

Central

[Removed by poster at 22/08/24 12:32:46]

Central

"Imagine if , everybody takes it .

And everyone dies.

Then theres a few that was outcast from society for not having it - an they were the only people left.

If half have it and half dont - bill gates will get his "population" numbers he wants so badly"

Takes what?

Bradford

And everyone dies.

If half have it and half dont - bill gates will get his "population" numbers he wants so badly

Takes what?"

its fairly obvious he means the vax

Central

And everyone dies.

Takes what?its fairly obvious he means the vax"

I wondered but when some people aren't specific, it could mean anything.

The Smallpox vaccines have done very well, including helping to eradicate it. They may mean that one. A lot of people have had Smallpox vaccines and gained immunity from Mpox, though there are several variants. It's assumed that this newer variant would likely be controlled by the Smallpox vaccine but the countries in Africa are typically poorer than the nations with it and it's less affordable. I think the few thousand donated doses won't arrive there until a few months will have passed. The local populations are thus exposed to its increased exposure. And where it exists in ever higher numbers, it's got potential to get to other countries.

By *gainagainMan 4 weeks ago

pontypridd

"Remember folks, the only difference between conspiracy theory and fact is time. At one point, we believed the universe revolved around the earth!

X

"

The main difference between conspiracy theory and fact is evidence. Unfortunately, conspiracy theorists tend to ignore evidence if it does not fit with their view of truth.

By *gainagainMan 4 weeks ago

pontypridd

I'm just waiting for someone to blame mpox on 5G masts!

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm just waiting for someone to blame mpox on 5G masts!"

It's only a matter of time. This stuff is like records skipping.

Bill Gates/ globalists/ the establishment want to take control because reasons and they're going to do it with (stuff they think will scare the market) and you can stop it from happening by giving us money/ standing up and saying NO like a toddler. If you read our stuff and masturbate furiously, then you will have done your own research and be one of the elite AWAKE.

Manchester

Its the 5g masts . They have them all over africa

Bradford

"I'm just waiting for someone to blame mpox on 5G masts!

Bill Gates/ globalists/ the establishment want to take control because reasons and they're going to do it with (stuff they think will scare the market) and you can stop it from happening by giving us money/ standing up and saying NO like a toddler. If you read our stuff and masturbate furiously, then you will have done your own research and be one of the elite AWAKE."

u missed the rubber dingy riders out ffs🤦so close

Manchester (she/her)

"I'm just waiting for someone to blame mpox on 5G masts!

Bill Gates/ globalists/ the establishment want to take control because reasons and they're going to do it with (stuff they think will scare the market) and you can stop it from happening by giving us money/ standing up and saying NO like a toddler. If you read our stuff and masturbate furiously, then you will have done your own research and be one of the elite AWAKE.u missed the rubber dingy riders out ffs🤦so close "

mmm. I got the major hits. Besides, there's some degree of variation. It'll be dinghies in this country, it'll be hordes of genetically modified Chinese storming across the border to assist the Demoncrats in America. Which we must oppose because Alex Jones is a messenger of God and he knows that it will bring socialist communist poo poo tyranny let's pretend we know what words mean.

I like my wank chat a bit more based in reality

Norwich

"

The main difference between conspiracy theory and fact is evidence. Unfortunately, conspiracy theorists tend to ignore evidence if it does not fit with their view of truth."

And it takes time to gather, collate and measure evidence.

We were told by historians, archaeologists etc al that our society had only been around for circa 6-8000 years. Then Gobekli Tepi was discovered. The evidence of it's existence had been there for 12000 years, but it took time to discover it.

Meanwhile, before Gobekli Tepi had actually been discovered, people were posting the theory that there was an advanced civilisation that existed before ours. They were labelled crackpots, conspiracy theorists and tin foil hat wearing nutjobs. Turns out though, they were right.

It's just a matter of time.

Central

"

The main difference between conspiracy theory and fact is evidence. Unfortunately, conspiracy theorists tend to ignore evidence if it does not fit with their view of truth.

We were told by historians, archaeologists etc al that our society had only been around for circa 6-8000 years. Then Gobekli Tepi was discovered. The evidence of it's existence had been there for 12000 years, but it took time to discover it.

Meanwhile, before Gobekli Tepi had actually been discovered, people were posting the theory that there was an advanced civilisation that existed before ours. They were labelled crackpots, conspiracy theorists and tin foil hat wearing nutjobs. Turns out though, they were right.

"

Thankfully the enormous volume of evidence that we have today can guide us very helpfully, coupled with the scientific method, means that we have reduced dependency on conspiracy fantasists, compared with the olden times

Manchester (she/her)

"

"

Ah, the Galileo gambit.

"They laughed at Galileo, therefore I shall be proven right!"

Galileo had evidence. Many others they laughed at did not.

Unless there's evidence rather than feelings, conspiracy theorists don't get to hang with Galileo, they get to hang out with the other clowns we laugh at.

Tin town

X

The main difference between conspiracy theory and fact is evidence. Unfortunately, conspiracy theorists tend to ignore evidence if it does not fit with their view of truth."

That's true. It's also true some people twist what they think is evidence to arrive at evidence led support for their position. Both sides are incapable to accept the possibility of anything other than their absolute truth. It works both ways and both are equally as bad as eachother and neither are as intelligent as they like to think they are.

Norwich

"

Thankfully the enormous volume of evidence that we have today can guide us very helpfully, coupled with the scientific method, means that we have reduced dependency on conspiracy fantasists, compared with the olden times"

Gobekli Tepi is a very recently discovered thing. Scientific methods were employed to date it. We have an enormous volume of evidence about the things we have discovered...but what about stuff we haven't?

Everything starts off as a theory until evidence comes to light. Scientists posit theories all the time about all manner of things.

Apart from "flat earthers" of course. Even their own experiments prove them wrong, yet they still have the rigid belief that the earth is flat!