FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Diabetes type 2

Diabetes type 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ensible lady 1960 OP   Woman 9 weeks ago

Near Bishop Auckland.

i have been told am high risk of getting diabetes type2.although i know i will have to be careful with carbs and sugar. Anymore advice on this matter would be helpful.thanks

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site) 9 weeks ago

Carnivore type diet seems to be the way forward but as u said remove the sugar and carbs

By *etropolitainMan 9 weeks ago

Redworth Co Durham

Don’t drink alcohol

Excercise

Just have a treat now and then it life’s boring

Oh and a lot of sex is good for you

Especially reverse cowboy

You can try my cock if you want I go to woods a lot near Bishop

By *he duckworthsCouple 9 weeks ago

chorley

OP (sensible lady) please message me

By *udding RoseWoman 9 weeks ago

Somewhere out there

"i have been told am high risk of getting diabetes type2.although i know i will have to be careful with carbs and sugar. Anymore advice on this matter would be helpful.thanks"

Get out walking, walk a neighbours dog!! Do some aerobics maybe or Zumba, whatever you want that'll give you the exercise you need!! And you know the aul saying, if you don't buy something, ie. Sweets, chocolate, crisps etc, you won't eat them!! Avoid processed foods like frozen pizzas, Bolognese sauces, sweet & sour sauces.... !!?? Eat less take away, treat yourself every now and then but not weekly!! Drink plenty of water!! Check foods for sugar content and get an alternative thing that have less sugar!!

Apples and berries are lower in sugar than oranges and peaches!!

By *udding RoseWoman 9 weeks ago

Somewhere out there

Oh and cut down on the alcohol, you don't have to give it up altogether, just don't drink alcohol weekly, avoid having a beer or wine at home, at least not weekly!!

By *icecouple561Couple 9 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Basically don't eat vegetables that grow under ground

By *assageVirtuosoMan 9 weeks ago

SouthEast

Live as if as you are training for the Olympics and you'll be fine .

Start gradually , of course.

By *iss LovelyWoman 9 weeks ago

Here and There

Need to avoid sugar and carbs and keep a healthy weight. It’s avoidable if you put your mind to it

SouthEast

"Basically don't eat vegetables that grow under ground"

Since when are these considered a threat by scientists ?

There are groups of people in Asia who don't eat them because they consider these vegetables a life like organism similar to animals. This is simply a belief though.

Fruit, vegetables, seeds and nuts are good. Eat as much as you can.

By *hoirCouple 9 weeks ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

So pre-diabetic then?

Keto is a great tool for prevention. Labour MP (ex?) Tom Watson got rid of his type 2 from bein in Keto and he lost a ton of weight with it.

C

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Basically don't eat vegetables that grow under ground

There are groups of people in Asia who don't eat them because they consider these vegetables a life like organism similar to animals. This is simply a belief though.

Fruit, vegetables, seeds and nuts are good. Eat as much as you can."

A threat is the wrong word. Antinutrients and the like are well established though, as are oxalates.

Do NOT ever just eat tonnes of fruit and veg. Your science knowledge needs updating.

C

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I don't think scientists do see them as a threat.

By *adyinred696969Couple 9 weeks ago

Brecon

Cut right back on processed flour products, especially white bread. Brown or wholemeal is ok if its low carb, (products have a "per 100g" section in the info), anything above 50g per 100g is very high, try to get it under 40g, or lower. Also learn to eat smaller portions, and try to bulk meals out with a lot more protein and dairy to help you feel fuller for longer and provide sustenance. Carbs can be balanced against fibre, 40g of carbs reduces to "net" 30g of carbs if there is 10g of fibre as balance.

Pasta is out too, as is anything like pastry, cakes and biscuits.

Rice is gone, and starchy veg like potatoes too.

Any berry fruit is ok as long as you only eat sensible portion sizes.

Study nutritional info on food, and research flour alternatives to make your own pasta, bread etc....or be prepared to pay a lot for ready-made "low carb" or "zero carb" alternatives.

Brecon

"So pre-diabetic then?

Keto is a great tool for prevention. Labour MP (ex?) Tom Watson got rid of his type 2 from bein in Keto and he lost a ton of weight with it.

C"

You dont "get rid" of type 2, you just put it into remission, if you go back to your old eating habits your blood sugar level will shoot back up.

I lost 4 stone in 4 months, had to start re-introducing some "healthier" carbs as I went too far the other way and struggled in my job due to not getting enough energy in the food.

Brecon

Incorrect.

SOME fruits (mainly berries like blueberries, blackberries etc) are ok, but you need to eat sensible portions.

Veg can be bad, especially potatoes, research to find the veg with the lower carb/starch content.

Seeds and nuts are good, so long as you stay away from the common seeds used to make flour like wheat, oats etc.

By *ittlelad69Man 9 weeks ago

clay cross

I found out I’d got diabetes at age 17. People try to tell you stop this stop that but don’t do it all at once and don’t be afraid to treat yourself every now and again. Most of the foods that are nice are the ones you should cut out.

Food shouldn't be nice its just essential to what your body needs

By *inister_SpinsterWoman 9 weeks ago

North West

"i have been told am high risk of getting diabetes type2.although i know i will have to be careful with carbs and sugar. Anymore advice on this matter would be helpful.thanks"

Go and use the info on the diabetes society website and its forums. You'll find plenty of people living and managing their diabetes on there.

Good luck.

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"Food shouldn't be nice its just essential to what your body needs "

Steak and eggs are far beyond nice and both are extremely good for you.

C

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"So pre-diabetic then?

C

You dont "get rid" of type 2, you just put it into remission, if you go back to your old eating habits your blood sugar level will shoot back up.

I lost 4 stone in 4 months, had to start re-introducing some "healthier" carbs as I went too far the other way and struggled in my job due to not getting enough energy in the food."

Bad wording on my behalf.

C

By *entleman of FortuneMan 9 weeks ago

Hull

I've got type 2 diabetes, choose carbs wisely, rolled oats are good quinoa, bulgar wheat, pulses, legumes ect, try and eat lots of lean protein and healthy fats, olive oil, avocados ect, split these into protein 60% fat 20% carbs from healthy source 20% that will keep bloods stable.

Drink water it flushes sugars out your blood.

Hull

Incorrect.

SOME fruits (mainly berries like blueberries, blackberries etc) are ok, but you need to eat sensible portions.

Veg can be bad, especially potatoes, research to find the veg with the lower carb/starch content.

Seeds and nuts are good, so long as you stay away from the common seeds used to make flour like wheat, oats etc."

Oats are great providing they're rolled not milled.

SouthEast

A threat is the wrong word. Antinutrients and the like are well established though, as are oxalates.

Do NOT ever just eat tonnes of fruit and veg. Your science knowledge needs updating.

C"

And you should apply common sense when you read comments .

Nobody ever eats ton of fruit and vegetables . We are talking about human consumption , not about cows and elephants. Unless...you meant the latter...

SouthEast

Incorrect.

Seeds and nuts are good, so long as you stay away from the common seeds used to make flour like wheat, oats etc."

Perfectly correct, madam!

Not incorrect.

Strachy food, bread, pasta , potatoes...it's a common knowledge to limit when diabetic.

Unless one is a junk food eater, unlikely they'll be eating potatoes with buckets. Obviously we are talking about a balanced diet with variety of food. No chance that one would be overeating anything then.

No normal person eats only potatoes . Or only berries. Or only bananas. And expects to be in good health.

Generally vegetarian food is better than meat , but again,it depends what you actually eat and HOW you prepare the food. No good in deep frying veggies and thinking you are doing well.

Fresh uncooked vegetables and fruit should be about half your food intake.

Ultimately, you have to listen to your body. Different bodies, different reaction to the same kind of food. Don't force yourself unreasonably solely because certain food is supposed to be healthy for you if , by the signs of it, causes you discomfort.

I don't think we are in disagreement. Only how we express in our comments here, if we decide to be pedantic .

Wish you well!

More so to OP

By *melie LALWoman 9 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I found out I’d got diabetes at age 17. People try to tell you stop this stop that but don’t do it all at once and don’t be afraid to treat yourself every now and again. Most of the foods that are nice are the ones you should cut out."

People who get diabetes at a young age are most often insulin dependent.

SouthEast

"I've got type 2 diabetes, choose carbs wisely, rolled oats are good quinoa, bulgar wheat, pulses, legumes ect, try and eat lots of lean protein and healthy fats, olive oil, avocados ect, split these into protein 60% fat 20% carbs from healthy source 20% that will keep bloods stable.

Drink water it flushes sugars out your blood. "

Indeed . Very good!

You've found out what works for you.

Peterborough

Avoid carbonated drinks, even the zero sugar. Limit fruit juices.

Food registers on the glycaemic index, you want the lower alternatives. Eg apples over oranges; sweet potatoes over white potatoes; brown/wild/pilau rice over white; porridge over rice krispies; and so on.

By *ittlelad69Man 9 weeks ago

clay cross

"I found out I’d got diabetes at age 17. People try to tell you stop this stop that but don’t do it all at once and don’t be afraid to treat yourself every now and again. Most of the foods that are nice are the ones you should cut out.

People who get diabetes at a young age are most often insulin dependent. "

This is just not true, I have a type called mody HNF1alpha which runs in my family some of us are on insulin some are on tablets and others who are good with food are just on diet alone

By *orny PTMan 9 weeks ago

Peterborough

Have you been to Diabetes Uk? They sound like the best place to go. Good luck.

By *ipppyMan 9 weeks ago

Poole

I was diagnosed some time ago and placed on diet control. I was advised that 10 in 100 was high when reading labels and to keep to under 5 if possible. However if a choice of 2 products always choose the lower I.e ice cream 14 or 12. A treat is allowed. Now I’m on metformin but still keeping it under control. Just remember it’s not the end of the world!

By *namoratomanMan 9 weeks ago

Herefordshire

I lost 20Kg by joining Slimming world and reversed pre diabetes to free of it.

Wholemeal bread

No fat on meat

5% or less meat

Reduce cheese and milk intake

Sugar free fizzy drinks - as much as you want

Drink at least 2 ltrs water daily .

It sounds draconian but it really isn’t .

By *nthony_60Man 9 weeks ago

ipswich

I cut sugar out of drinks completely have sweeteners. Likewise only drink diet exercise. A brisk 20 min walk

By *odgers and PartingCouple 9 weeks ago

edinburgh

Ive reversed it. Cut out potato, rice, bread, pasta anything starchy basically. Bin snacks like crisps and sweets. Fruit, eat berries. Lots of nuts. If you eat meat fill your boots with fresh stuff but no processed garbage. Steer clear of ready meals and mass processed food. Don’t eat low fat. Full fat all the way and get yourself on an exercise plan. Doesn’t have to be masses. I do calisthenics as I can do it pretty much anywhere which suits my work. If you can raise your heart rate doing it then all the better. Good luck. It’s not easy at first but you’ll be surprised how much you won’t miss the stuff you’re cutting out. I genuinely can’t eat sweet things any more. K

edinburgh

Oh and don’t fall for all the shit stamped ‘protein’. It’s all bollox. Meat, fish, mushrooms, eggs - loads of eggs - avacado. Seeing a lot of drinks recommendations above. Honestly, get them in the bin. They’re all shit. Water, tea coffee etc. For a fizzy drink I use sparking water with a shot of apple cider vinegar (with the mother - that naturally helps to reduce your blood numbers) and lemon juice. It’s really nice and refreshing. K

By *ngel-ishWoman 9 weeks ago

Colchester

https://www.england.nhs.uk/diabetes/diabetes-prevention/

Stop it before it starts x

SouthEast

Food, as close to the source, is better than processed food.

By *oggstarrMan 9 weeks ago

Calderfornia

"

No don't - they're full of carbs. Nuts are ok though.

Track what you eat with an app - Lifesum is free and very good. Or you can pay a small amount for tailored meal plans.

Educate yourself as to what food contain carbs.

You should take all the advice your doctor gives you. They're the medical professionals, not us on here

By *ools and the brainCouple 9 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Knock bread on the head.

Join weight watchers.

Start to educate yourself on hidden sugars and realise that the body doesn't differentiate between a chocolate bar and a bowl of pasta the result is the same just some foods do it quicker.

Sugary drinks are the big one cut out any energy drinks or Cola's and remember a small bottle of fresh orange juice has as much sugar as a can of .

By *iss.ddWoman 9 weeks ago

Leeds + Newcastle

Join the Diabetes UK forum as it's incredibly supportive and helpful with info from source.

By *ools and the brainCouple 9 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Hardest meal of the day for me is breakfast.

Peterborough

"I found out I’d got diabetes at age 17. People try to tell you stop this stop that but don’t do it all at once and don’t be afraid to treat yourself every now and again. Most of the foods that are nice are the ones you should cut out.

People who get diabetes at a young age are most often insulin dependent.

This is just not true, I have a type called mody HNF1alpha which runs in my family some of us are on insulin some are on tablets and others who are good with food are just on diet alone"

I said most. Are you most?

Peterborough

"

Track what you eat with an app - Lifesum is free and very good. Or you can pay a small amount for tailored meal plans.

You should take all the advice your doctor gives you. They're the medical professionals, not us on here"

Diabetic nurse or dietitian is better.

By *mandamark99Couple 9 weeks ago

Bridgnorth

I had to give up breakfast cereal because it really spikes me, milk does too. Everyone is different with what affects them. Are you overweight? If so just by losing weight you can put off becoming diabetic. If you can’t give up rice or pasta, cook them the day before then cool overnight and reheat the next day. Science has proved that this changes the starches in the food. Eat smaller portions. I don’t eat any sugar treats. I had gestational diabetes 30 years ago so have been tested every year. I was diagnosed in December with an Hb1ac of 51. I have lost over 2 stone so far and my Hb1ac is now 35. I’m hoping I can keep it in remission.

SouthEast

"

You should take all the advice your doctor gives you. They're the medical professionals, not us on here

Diabetic nurse or dietitian is better."

Quite many doctors are the least reliable source of info on diet. People have been eating well for thousands of years without ever listening to doctors. Diabetes , High BP, cancer, etc are woes of modern life.

We see how many on here speak against fruit and veg,seeds and nuts, while these should be the primary food. Ignorance is rife.

My grandad had diabetes.It was hard on him as he had beehives . If he had listen to doctors as opposed to us, his family, especially grandma , he would've likely died much earlier...

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Quite many doctors are the least reliable source of info on diet. People have been eating well for thousands of years without ever listening to doctors. Diabetes , High BP, cancer, etc are woes of modern life.

We see how many on here speak against fruit and veg,seeds and nuts, while these should be the primary food. Ignorance is rife.

My grandad had diabetes.It was hard on him as he had beehives . If he had listen to doctors as opposed to us, his family, especially grandma , he would've likely died much earlier... "

What's your recommended diet to reverse type 2 diabetes or reduce high blood sugar?

By *9alMan 9 weeks ago

Bridgend

I have been type 2 for a couple of years cut out potatoes sugar etc & its now just into pre diabetic range I am not particularly overweight . personally I think its bad genetics rather than bad diet

By *elaninMaverickWoman 9 weeks ago

near Putney Heath

"Avoid carbonated drinks, even the zero sugar. Limit fruit juices.

Food registers on the glycaemic index, you want the lower alternatives. Eg apples over oranges; sweet potatoes over white potatoes; brown/wild/pilau rice over white; porridge over rice krispies; and so on."

Agree with this.

1. Limit food and drink with a high glycaemic index (GI) and a high glycaemic Load (GL)

2. Weight loss.

3. Reduce saturated animal fat which will reduce cholesterol

4. reduce salt/sodium which will reduce high blood pressure

5. look up metabolic syndrome

6. 10,000 steps a day.

7. Look up Geriatric diabetes for the 65 and overs.

8. Get a blood sugar monitor

9. work with your doctor and a nutritionist.

10. stop smoking and alcohol.

good luck.

Food registers on the glycaemic index, you want the lower alternatives. Eg apples over oranges; sweet potatoes over white potatoes; brown/wild/pilau rice over white; porridge over rice krispies; and so on.

Agree with this.

1. Limit food and drink with a high glycaemic index (GI) and a high glycaemic Load (GL)

2. Weight loss.

6. 10,000 steps a day.

good luck."

Animal fats do not cause cholesterol at all thats just a myth

Hull

Agree with this.

2. Weight loss.

6. 10,000 steps a day.

good luck.

Animal fats do not cause cholesterol at all thats just a myth "

Exactly dietary cholesterol accounts for about 10% of cholesterol

By *9alMan 9 weeks ago

Bridgend

I have not found diabetes UK at all helpful its just condescending silly quizzes & very little useful information. Perhaps its aimed at people of a different age & gender ?

edinburgh

"I have not found diabetes UK at all helpful its just condescending silly quizzes & very little useful information. Perhaps its aimed at people of a different age & gender ? "

Totally agree with this. If I followed my doc and diabetic nurse’s advice I’d still be high numbers. Meal plans are awful and full of stuff that actually increases sugar levels.

Go check out Ken Berry MD. His stuff is pretty spot on. Don’t agree with all of it but it’s pretty good. Eddie Abbew as well, on instagram. He’s a bit in-your-face at times but again, good info in there.

By *inky_ragnarCouple 9 weeks ago

Peterborough

I'd ask YOUR DOCTOR. Not strangers on a swingers forum

By *ary1974Man 9 weeks ago

Luton

I am type1 so no use to you. I will say JDRF and Diabetes uk are good sites with olenty of info.

Also ask gp to refer you to a diabetic specialist nurse/dietitian at the hospital.

By *octordigitsMan 9 weeks ago

Cheshire

"Oh and cut down on the alcohol, you don't have to give it up altogether, just don't drink alcohol weekly, avoid having a beer or wine at home, at least not weekly!! "
zebra drinking is great / non alcohol/ alcohol / non alcohol ….

By *ortyairCouple 9 weeks ago

Wallasey

Not fruit it has too much sugar, berries are OK though. Mrs x

By *dqsyMan 9 weeks ago

Mappawell

I am type 2 on insulin.

prediabetic 2000

tablets 2006 to 2018

put on insulin 2018

Do get in touch with a gp to be referred to a diabetic specialist, but because you are pre diabetic that may not happen.

Best blood sugar control for me (could be different for you) was to try eat less than 60g a day of carb (its not a lot) ,and mostly eat fat and protein, but also limit the amount you eat. Its very very easy to underestimate how much you do eat.

The bottom line is eat less carbs and sugar and if you are overweight dont be.

Getting put on insulin is a total crapper. I can put 5Kg on in less than a week and losing it can take a month or so.

If you don't get a lot of help because you are prediabetic, if you can afford it buy 2 freestyle libre bloods sugar sensors (£50 odd e.g. a free ample from the manufacturer and just buying one - no prescription needed - over the counter from boot etc) 2 sensors will give you roughly a month of information. Its a similar thing to the 'Zoe' diet scheme

look at what you eat and see how your blood sugar responds It gives you information on what causes your blood sugars to change quickly. See if you can find foods that don't cause rapid spikes changes in blood sugars and what helps you keep you blood sugars under the recommended level with little changes as possible.

I am suggesting this because from the prediabetic advice given to me was next to nothing apart from diet & how are you feeling, when I went in for the yearly h1abc test

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

"i have been told am high risk of getting diabetes type2.although i know i will have to be careful with carbs and sugar. Anymore advice on this matter would be helpful.thanks

I'd ask YOUR DOCTOR. Not strangers on a swingers forum"

Doctors aren't trained in nutrition.

C

By *oxy jWoman 9 weeks ago

somerset

diabetes uk online go and join and then go to the forums and there is a fantastic wealth of knowledge of all types of diabetes including pre diabetes ...

go and seek advice from a place that really knows and good luck

By *un couple 2Couple 9 weeks ago

Tynemouth.

my doctor give me a link for a company called secon nature, they give you daily tasks and healthy recipes, and your own helth coach for advice etc.

By *eenriderMan 9 weeks ago

bristol

"with a shot of apple cider vinegar"

The glucosegoddess on IG has some good tips on vinegar. (And two books)

Something else that caught me out was frothy milk coffees. Black coffee all the way now.

Your GP may be able to get you on a Dafne or Desmond course which you might find helpful.

By *ing00Man 9 weeks ago

Kettering Area

"

Your GP may be able to get you on a Dafne or Desmond course which you might find helpful."

Yeah I went on that couple of years ago, not bad.. Goes thru basic bully l biology and the mechanism of diabetes, useful stuff.

By *r Strictly 69Man 8 weeks ago

Middlesbrough

I was diagnosed with the same thing just before Xmas.. Diabetes can be controlled by diet alone.

I thought I was always eating healthily by eating pasta,and plenty of rice etc. However, and beleive it or not there's 9 tea spoons of sugar in 150 grams of white rice. It's cards that you need to avoid. My Doctor advised me to have an 800 cal a day intake for the first month,1200 for the second, and 1400 for the 3rd.

I lost just over 13kg's in 7 weeks with the diet I used which was two apples per day and meat only..I no longer have Hyperglycaemia.

Middlesbrough

"I was diagnosed with the same thing just before Xmas.. Diabetes can be controlled by diet alone.

I thought I was always eating healthily by eating pasta,and plenty of rice etc. However, and beleive it or not there's 9 tea spoons of sugar in 150 grams of white rice. It's cards that you need to avoid. My Doctor advised me to have an 800 cal a day intake for the first month,1200 for the second, and 1400 for the 3rd.

I lost just over 13kg's in 7 weeks with the diet I used which was two apples per day and meat only..I no longer have Hyperglycaemia. "

Also check out Dr Unwinn on youtube.

By *az1959Man 8 weeks ago

yeovil

Early diabetes can be helped by diet alone. But mostly controlled by tablets and if not looked after turn to insulin dependant.

By *etropolitainMan 8 weeks ago

Redworth Co Durham

I prefer the sex diet

By *usty_Nail80Man 8 weeks ago

Motherwell

Yes, ask for metformin and the new drug just out, cant mind the name. My diabetes is horrendous, bs is 126, dropped to 119 with the new meds. Ive been terrible at watching it though. Id recommended getting a nutritionist or dietician involved as soon as possible, reason being is theyre the only ones qulaified to give you proper advice. I was a PT, qualifications in nutrition and it still didnt help. My feet are numb and BS is extremely high, just starting to do what i should have been 6,7 years ago when i was diagnosed. Eat a high fiber, medium protein and fat diet, Mediterranean diet does the trick. Stay off juice, cola, orange juice, any kind of juice/ginger you can think of, up your water to 4 litres a day (in time obv) stay away from takeaways, alchohol and sweet treats as much as possible and go a 30 min walk after dinner, helps with digestion. Mines was/is a red bull addiction, was on 20 + cans a day, now only 1 or 2, every other day.

By *usie pTV/TS 8 weeks ago

taunton

Presumably you have been diagnosed this by a medical proffesional and they should be able to supply you with the advice you need.

By (user no longer on site) 8 weeks ago

I cant beleive the varied advise on this post lol from high fibre to low fibre medium protein to high no wonder nobody has a clue if this advise has come from different nutritionists, begining to wonder if your best just getting a moniter and figuring it out yourself

By *aveyourcakeandeatitCouple 8 weeks ago

Leeds

Eat none processed foods, green veg, berries, strawberries, raspberries etc. Not apples or banana's as these are high in sugar. Eat clean foods, organic and natural, eat carbs but limit it to 30 grams per day as per keto, exercise, drink spring water or filtered waters rather than tap. Check the ingredients, if it has more than approx. 4/5 its probably processed, look out for fortified foods, bio engineered, if it has a name in it that looks like it belongs in a lab cut it out. If your in to your podcasts look up Gary Breka, he is a biologist who helps people at a cost to break the cycle and heal the body naturally by changing nutrients and some supplements the body may be missing.

By *assageVirtuosoMan 8 weeks ago

SouthEast

"I cant beleive the varied advise on this post lol from high fibre to low fibre medium protein to high no wonder nobody has a clue if this advise has come from different nutritionists, begining to wonder if your best just getting a moniter and figuring it out yourself "

Nothing unusual . Varied responses always abound on a forum.

But you are right and I said it too : different bodies + same food = different results.

"I cant beleive the varied advise on this post lol from high fibre to low fibre medium protein to high no wonder nobody has a clue if this advise has come from different nutritionists, begining to wonder if your best just getting a moniter and figuring it out yourself

But you are right and I said it too : different bodies + same food = different results.

Possibly but more like

Different routines and exercise + same food =different results

"

By *avin77Man 8 weeks ago

camberley

I've got it. Need next check up to see of meds helping.

But, but of a shock

Perhaps speak to a doctor rather than seeking advice on a recreational sex site?

Adult nurse here. Try to control your carbs and sugars, exercise and low calorie diet had been proven that reverse type 2 diabetes. Best thing is to speak to your GP and get a plan.

By *assageVirtuosoMan 8 weeks ago

SouthEast

"I cant beleive the varied advise on this post lol from high fibre to low fibre medium protein to high no wonder nobody has a clue if this advise has come from different nutritionists, begining to wonder if your best just getting a moniter and figuring it out yourself

Possibly but more like

Different routines and exercise + same food =different results

"

Even more comprehensive : Different lives

By *elaninMaverickWoman 8 weeks ago

near Putney Heath

Agree with this.

2. Weight loss.

6. 10,000 steps a day.

good luck.

Animal fats do not cause cholesterol at all thats just a myth "

It's just a suggestion. Mysteriously the myth works for me. When I cut out animal and diary fat, my cholesterol goes down. I must by a unicorn.

near Putney Heath

"I cant beleive the varied advise on this post lol from high fibre to low fibre medium protein to high no wonder nobody has a clue if this advise has come from different nutritionists, begining to wonder if your best just getting a moniter and figuring it out yourself "

Yeah, It's going to be varied because we are all different and respond differently to diet and exercise.

Shockingly only I and one other person mentioned the glycemic index and the glycemic load.

Also shocking is a fitness personal trainer with a Redbull addiction. . People been telling us to stay off the Caffeine since Central Perk on Friends in the 90s!!

Middlesbrough

Why medicate when there is really no need to?

By *melie LALWoman 8 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I am type1 so no use to you. I will say JDRF and Diabetes uk are good sites with olenty of info.

Also ask gp to refer you to a diabetic specialist nurse/dietitian at the hospital. "

There are community practitioners.

Peterborough

"Early diabetes can be helped by diet alone. But mostly controlled by tablets and if not looked after turn to insulin dependant. "

It's the condition of the pancreas that determines medication.

Peterborough

"i have been told am high risk of getting diabetes type2.although i know i will have to be careful with carbs and sugar. Anymore advice on this matter would be helpful.thanks

Yes, ask for metformin and the new drug just out, cant mind the name. My diabetes is horrendous, bs is 126, dropped to 119 with the new meds. Ive been terrible at watching it though. Id recommended getting a nutritionist or dietician involved as soon as possible, reason being is theyre the only ones qulaified to give you proper advice. I was a PT, qualifications in nutrition and it still didnt help. My feet are numb and BS is extremely high, just starting to do what i should have been 6,7 years ago when i was diagnosed. Eat a high fiber, medium protein and fat diet, Mediterranean diet does the trick. Stay off juice, cola, orange juice, any kind of juice/ginger you can think of, up your water to 4 litres a day (in time obv) stay away from takeaways, alchohol and sweet treats as much as possible and go a 30 min walk after dinner, helps with digestion. Mines was/is a red bull addiction, was on 20 + cans a day, now only 1 or 2, every other day.

"

You don't just ask for diabetic medication , we're not America. A pre-diabetic diagnosis is a wake up call to sort out diet.

Peterborough

Yeah, It's going to be varied because we are all different and respond differently to diet and exercise.

Shockingly only I and one other person mentioned the glycemic index and the glycemic load.

Also shocking is a fitness personal trainer with a Redbull addiction. . People been telling us to stay off the Caffeine since Central Perk on Friends in the 90s!!

"

Most PTs have very basic nutritional training.

Peterborough

Most PTs have very basic nutritional training."

Change that to many. They probably still believe the simple low calorie in and higher calorie output algorithm. This may be suitable for many but not all.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 8 weeks ago

Stockport

"I prefer the sex diet

"

If you swallow, make sure you only have low calorie cum, with no added sugar...

near Putney Heath

Most PTs have very basic nutritional training."

I'm finding out about PTs!! I've seen a dietician on the NHS and it was very basic and she didn't even teach me about the GL and GI!!

But then again I wasn't technically diabetic..just obese on a mood stabiliser medication that makes you fat. Lol!

near Putney Heath

Change that to many. They probably still believe the simple low calorie in and higher calorie output algorithm. This may be suitable for many but not all."

I'm just relieved that my PT didn't tell me to drink redbull, unlike my GP who told me to pop caffeine pills. Lol! She's given me a 1800-calorie mark to focus on and that feels doable. I don't mind calorie counting as it works for me but I don't like processed food (apart from chocolate). The last takeaway/ready meal I had was miso soup...Vegan and 190 calories...most people are not eating that.

I'm now investigating my chronic insomnia and they've been adamant in telling me no caffeine after 13.30pm...including my chocolate habit..Lol!

I bet no one had made the correlation yet between poor health, poor diet and poor sleep... Just had a 15 minute conversation with my GP's Physician Assistant to fight/advocate for my sleep.

I'm a patient pest.

By *elticGent2024Man 8 weeks ago

Kempston

To the OP, this should be something that you take very seriously. You do not want to become diabetic, so act on this now.

While it can be managed, and put in remission, you cannot (right now at least) cure it. You should be listening to qualified advice from medical experts, nutritionists and dieticians. While shared experiences on a sex site can be useful, don’t take it as the gospel according to fab.

While the advice here has been mixed, you will find that your journey will be around sugar, carbohydrate and exercise. It’s not a a diet, but an entire lifestyle change.

For me personally, I find carbs the big one. Rice, noodles, pasta, potatoes and bread… what meal doesn’t have one or more of those? Sugar, on the other hand, was easy to reduce. Exercise doesn’t have to be running a marathon as a gentle walk can suffice.

Things like the Libre real time monitor patch are great, educational devices, but each patch lasts two weeks and costs £50.

My name is Dave, and I am a type 2 diabetic.

By *megmaloverMan 8 weeks ago

inverness

It is a lifestyle change to a degree. Mixed advice so not helpful. Wonder how many are actually diabetic whether 1 or 2. I’m type 2 on insulin. My advice gleaned from clinicians treating me is avoid pasta unless properly cooked (Al dente) yes cut back on the drink, you STILL-need carbs though! I get hypos which after need carbs to recover properly. Dairy don’t do it. Try & “generally” eat healthier. Are you on meds? If you are on metformin for example, don’t accept the fast acting as you will shit threw the eye of a needle. Sorry to be blunt (that is why you lose weight on it lol) but ask for the slow release version which doesn’t fuck up your bowel. Lots to take in but feel free to pm me if I can help with any questions xxx

Peterborough

I'm finding out about PTs!! I've seen a dietician on the NHS and it was very basic and she didn't even teach me about the GL and GI!!

But then again I wasn't technically diabetic..just obese on a mood stabiliser medication that makes you fat. Lol!"

Was she a dietitian or a support worker in that department?

Peterborough

Change that to many. They probably still believe the simple low calorie in and higher calorie output algorithm. This may be suitable for many but not all.

I'm just relieved that my PT didn't tell me to drink redbull, unlike my GP who told me to pop caffeine pills. Lol! She's given me a 1800-calorie mark to focus on and that feels doable. I don't mind calorie counting as it works for me but I don't like processed food (apart from chocolate). The last takeaway/ready meal I had was miso soup...Vegan and 190 calories...most people are not eating that.

I'm now investigating my chronic insomnia and they've been adamant in telling me no caffeine after 13.30pm...including my chocolate habit..Lol!

I bet no one had made the correlation yet between poor health, poor diet and poor sleep... Just had a 15 minute conversation with my GP's Physician Assistant to fight/advocate for my sleep.

I'm a patient pest. "

There's plenty of research into poor sleep exacerbating any disease.

By *icknmix500Man 8 weeks ago

South Gloucestershire

I have Type 2 it's a pain ! if your diagnosed with it ask for dapagliflozin its brilliant You lose weight fast !

By *over not a fighter69Man 8 weeks ago

greenock

Follow

By *eenriderMan 8 weeks ago

bristol

"I prefer the sex diet

If you swallow, make sure you only have low calorie cum, with no added sugar..."

This is the most fab reply lol

near Putney Heath

"It is a lifestyle change to a degree. Mixed advice so not helpful. Wonder how many are actually diabetic whether 1 or 2. I’m type 2 on insulin. My advice gleaned from clinicians treating me is avoid pasta unless properly cooked (Al dente) yes cut back on the drink, you STILL-need carbs though! I get hypos which after need carbs to recover properly. Dairy don’t do it. Try & “generally” eat healthier. Are you on meds? If you are on metformin for example, don’t accept the fast acting as you will shit threw the eye of a needle. Sorry to be blunt (that is why you lose weight on it lol) but ask for the slow release version which doesn’t fuck up your bowel. Lots to take in but feel free to pm me if I can help with any questions xxx"

Yeah I agree on the carb issue. Some people go full carnivore and only eat animal protein but when I tried that my blood sugar dropped too low!

Saturated animal fat spikes my cholesterol but in other people it has no effect. I can have fat-free/low fat dairy and gluten.

My poor mother can't have raw fruits and veggies so everything has to be cooked or parboiled.

If you have IBS, that must be a nightmare too.

Definitely a lifestyle change and what works for everyone is different.

Not full diabetic, have been pre-diabetic and am obese but increasing my activity seems to have made it go away.... for now. It runs in my family so I know there's a genetic predisposition for Type 1, Type 2, gestational and the geriatric kind.

Definitely have to work closely with professionals and a glucose monitor.

near Putney Heath

But then again I wasn't technically diabetic..just obese on a mood stabiliser medication that makes you fat. Lol!

Was she a dietitian or a support worker in that department?"

she was an actual dietitian not a support worker.

near Putney Heath

I'm a patient pest.

There's plenty of research into poor sleep exacerbating any disease."

No one apart from maybe me the insomniac is reading that research. Lol!

We live in a 24/7 society. People pride themselves on functioning on as little sleep as possible. It's like badge of honour. Trying to explain to my managers that my brain doesn't work properly because I'm an insomniac is like talking to a brick wall. Lol! At least occupational health gets it.

Peterborough

she was an actual dietitian not a support worker."

If there's a next appointment, ask her what you want to know.

By *otyouraverageABCMan 8 weeks ago

kent

Get out walking, walk a neighbours dog!! Do some aerobics maybe or Zumba, whatever you want that'll give you the exercise you need!! And you know the aul saying, if you don't buy something, ie. Sweets, chocolate, crisps etc, you won't eat them!! Avoid processed foods like frozen pizzas, Bolognese sauces, sweet & sour sauces.... !!?? Eat less take away, treat yourself every now and then but not weekly!! Drink plenty of water!! Check foods for sugar content and get an alternative thing that have less sugar!!

Apples and berries are lower in sugar than oranges and peaches!! "

Fantastic advice. I've found that walking and counting my steps daily has helped massively

By *xstevenxxMan 8 weeks ago

Ashbourne

What are the symptoms of diabetes 2 ?

By *iss.ddWoman 8 weeks ago

Leeds + Newcastle

"What are the symptoms of diabetes 2 ? "

Have you tried Google?

I've changed my diet to low carb, mostly meat, veg and fruit with potatoes on occasion. My energy has soared I feel so much better just generally within myself, my chronic pain has reduced, I'm sleeping better, my blood pressure is fantastic, my sex drive is at an all time high and I've lost a stone.

I mean I wasn't type 2 or anything but I can't tell you how fantastic I feel. The amount of energy I have is insane.

I also walk miles and miles every day, I always have done but it doesn't kill me off like it used to.

By *hesubtlegentMan 8 weeks ago

surrey

I’ve been told I’m borderline type 2. Have got a course I’m starting through the nhs for nine months that will teach you how to reverse the effect by lifestyle changes. Which is what I want to do so looking at it in a positive light. My GP referred me to the diabetic clinic and they have arranged it.

By *anforkinkywomenMan 8 weeks ago

Barwell

Berries and yoghurt is a good low sugar dessert. Add some walnuts and Flax seeds too if you want to make sure it's filling.

By *apmanMan 8 weeks ago

Holmfirth /Harpenden

Have a look at the Public Health Collaboration website. Lots of resources and suggestions. The 'Thrive' course is very good at explaining the science behind the dietary advice. Much easier to stick to a plan if you understand why.

Bottom line is reducing carbs that the body doesn't really need, and avoiding ultra processed food.

I was type 2 and went into remission after 6 Months. It works. Good luck.

By *oxy jWoman 8 weeks ago

somerset

not all type 2 affects the same waywhat works for one doesn't for the other their is a large group of people who get type 2 very short term and sort with diet the other large group get not so lucky and need meds/ insulin and there a smaller group who quite simply live a living nightmare with it with multi health problems that go with it ...

some people get so ill from it they cant work they are in and out of hospital plus suffer chronic pain ... so its not just a simple change your diet for some so just because some of you were lucky to catch iy early and change its course not all will have that option its not that str8 forward for some....

the new one is a hard reset well i say new one its not new but more diabetics are havcing gastric surgery and its working for a hi percentage had a ill family member who had been type 2 for 20 years and had heart probs along with kidney and liver probs too who weny into hospital diabetic type 2 came out off diabetic meds and now her heart is healthy her liver is healthy and her kidneys are getting better she a new woman oh and 10 stone lighter she's going private next year to have all the acess skin removed she a new woman back to work the only scar she has from type 2 is neuropathy pain ...

so its not a easy road for some

near Putney Heath

she was an actual dietitian not a support worker.

If there's a next appointment, ask her what you want to know."

This was pre-Covid so I'd need another referral. I think I'd prefer to work with my trainer as the trainer sees me every week and that NHS doesn't do weekly appointment for me for diet.

near Putney Heath

"not all type 2 affects the same waywhat works for one doesn't for the other their is a large group of people who get type 2 very short term and sort with diet the other large group get not so lucky and need meds/ insulin and there a smaller group who quite simply live a living nightmare with it with multi health problems that go with it ...

some people get so ill from it they cant work they are in and out of hospital plus suffer chronic pain ... so its not just a simple change your diet for some so just because some of you were lucky to catch iy early and change its course not all will have that option its not that str8 forward for some....

the new one is a hard reset well i say new one its not new but more diabetics are havcing gastric surgery and its working for a hi percentage had a ill family member who had been type 2 for 20 years and had heart probs along with kidney and liver probs too who weny into hospital diabetic type 2 came out off diabetic meds and now her heart is healthy her liver is healthy and her kidneys are getting better she a new woman oh and 10 stone lighter she's going private next year to have all the acess skin removed she a new woman back to work the only scar she has from type 2 is neuropathy pain ...

so its not a easy road for some "

I met someone who had the surgery also.

By *unnjack68Man 8 weeks ago

Bradford

I controlled mine with diet and exercise

By *aulupforitMan 8 weeks ago

Corbridge

I found wanking and cumming 6 times a day 7 days a week worked but will not help everyone.

By *oxy jWoman 8 weeks ago

somerset

keep it to the post guys dont pm me as ill just block you debate it here

By *aulupforitMan 7 weeks ago

Corbridge

"keep it to the post guys dont pm me as ill just block you debate it here"

I do not know why peeps have to pm you surely they are not shy to put it in the forum.

By *oxy jWoman 7 weeks ago

somerset

that 2 blocked from this post just today they do it because they think they can wind you up without other seeing it ... i just block and not bother ...it seems some just dont understand what a forum is for ...

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

"that 2 blocked from this post just today they do it because they think they can wind you up without other seeing it ... i just block and not bother ...it seems some just dont understand what a forum is for ..."

Why would anyone waste time writing to a blank profile?

somerset

seems a couple of guys took offence when i said not all type 2 are the same or controlled the same ... they seem to think one solution fits all it does not any nurse dr specialist consultant will tell you the same .. most will control with diet alone but there a group who has type 2 where they live a daily hell they eat the right foods and the right amounts and still have to inject and its these that go on to get alot of other health problem on top so get alot of these problems from major neuropathy that is so painful to heart problems of all kinds kidney liver problems eye problems limbs /joints its a never ending list and being ill you body will raise blood sugars all on its own without the help of food/drink

the new gastric surgery is beginning to work for alot of people who do have problems with food addiction but its not a 100% some are having it done and still staying on medication ... so i stand by what i say i see it daily with-in my job type 2 can be very complicated just like other types of diabetes one fix does not fix all ...

keep it to the forums ase if you dm/pm me it a insant block

somerset

"that 2 blocked from this post just today they do it because they think they can wind you up without other seeing it ... i just block and not bother ...it seems some just dont understand what a forum is for ...

Why would anyone waste time writing to a blank profile?"

my profile is hidden as ive just lost a family member and not looking it will stay hidden until im ready to unhide

By *londebiguyMan 7 weeks ago

Southport

"Carnivore type diet seems to be the way forward but as u said remove the sugar and carbs "

That is not a healthy way forward for anybody.

somerset

"Carnivore type diet seems to be the way forward but as u said remove the sugar and carbs

That is not a healthy way forward for anybody."

actually for alot of type 2 this has worked the low carb diet high in non processed meat and full fat dairy has returned very good blood results

By *reeSpiritElleWoman 7 weeks ago

Miles of beautiful golden sand, Dorset

"Carnivore type diet seems to be the way forward but as u said remove the sugar and carbs

actually for alot of type 2 this has worked the low carb diet high in non processed meat and full fat dairy has returned very good blood results "

^^ Exactly this. I've lost 3stone eating a diet like this (along with regular exercise and better sleep patterns) ... my 6 monthly Hba1c results are much lower and my daily glucose levels are more balanced.

By *asygoingcouple2022Couple 7 weeks ago

The moon

Limit carbs drink lots, I drink coffee and zero type drinks as told was ok by nurse. I am an insulin user remember and carb control your drinks bought out, for example one of the new frappachino from bucks is 60g of carbs x

By *ktartenMan 7 weeks ago

Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 24/07/24 04:27:40]

By *dqsyMan 7 weeks ago

Mappawell

actually for alot of type 2 this has worked the low carb diet high in non processed meat and full fat dairy has returned very good blood results "

So my understanding the "newcastle" diet e.g. 800Kcals per 8 weeks is that its something like 60% carb and the rest is protein and fat and other etc.

I find that if I low carb e.g. less than 50g a day I can manage to stay on it for something like 3 to 4 weeks before the cravings for something sweet is overwhelming and that at that stage 400g of galaxy is a 10 min snack. I might lose something like 15Kg in the 3 to 4 weeks but in one week I can put on 7Kg. Insulin for me doesnt necessarily control the blood sugar but I load weight on for sure

I can get into ketosis in say 4 days with 50g of carb a day, but then a bacon sarnie (large balm cake, egg, sausage, bacon etc) on a friday means its back to the start again.

By *ature2434Man 7 weeks ago

newport

I have leukaemia hasn't stopped me although I gave up smoking and drinking years ago I don't eat processed food

But like my consultant said to me a little in moderation is good for you

By *elticGent2024Man 7 weeks ago

Kempston

Low carb, low / no processed foods of any kind, and full fat is the reason for very good blood sugar. You do not need meats or dairy, just make sure you are eating protein.

By *lark_KentMan 7 weeks ago

Northampton

Like everyone is saying, a health diet and lifestyle, and lots of sexercise

You've got this

By *iseekingbiCouple 7 weeks ago

N ireland and West Midlands

Eat less

Excercise more

Not sure whether this advice applies to you or me

Deffo me!

By *ENGUYMan 7 weeks ago

Hull

I was diagnosed with Diabetes T2 in 2004, much to my then GP's surprise, as I didn't show the usual signs!

OK, at that time I weighed 27st but now I'm now 14st. But from my perspective, watching what you eat is key. There have been varied posts already on what or not to eat, but it is a case of finding out what suits you as well as what is recommended; you will soon find a Balance!

Look at Diabetes UK website which can offer loads of advice plus if your GP Surgery is clued up with details of local support groups etc, take advantage of their input.

I'm fortunate my GP Surgery keeps tabs on me with annual Diabetic reviews, blood tests and physical checks. I always work with the thought that occasionally I'll have a foodie 'treat' but equalise it in the days afterwards to compensate; that's ideal if out with family or friends whose knowledge of the condition isn't as well known.

Exercise does help immensely; you don't need to toil away at a gym, but simple daily exercise will be beneficial.

One added benefit is if you are on other Medications and have been paying for each, once your GP has you recognised as Diabetic, your Prescription Meds will all be free!

Take advice of the loads of advice as I've mentioned and with good control by yourself, it works well. Good Luck.

By *ENGUYMan 7 weeks ago

Hull

"What are the symptoms of diabetes 2 ? "

Look on the NHS Website and follow the Illness A-Z link, selecting Diabetes. Everything is on there.

By *oeSurreyMan 7 weeks ago

Woking

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/type-2-diabetes/

By *asyfun_BoltonMan 7 weeks ago

Bolton

One of the things I was advised to do by my GP (who specialises in diabetes) was to consider following one of the 'fasting' regimes which I have to say was a tad challenging for the first 2 to 3 days but my brain got into it and I haven't looked back since. Not for everyone I agree, but works for me

"Carnivore type diet seems to be the way forward but as u said remove the sugar and carbs "

Which increases the potential for heightened cholesterol and atherosclerosis?

By *kguy4444Man 7 weeks ago

Wales

"Cut right back on processed flour products, especially white bread. Brown or wholemeal is ok if its low carb, (products have a "per 100g" section in the info), anything above 50g per 100g is very high, try to get it under 40g, or lower. Also learn to eat smaller portions, and try to bulk meals out with a lot more protein and dairy to help you feel fuller for longer and provide sustenance. Carbs can be balanced against fibre, 40g of carbs reduces to "net" 30g of carbs if there is 10g of fibre as balance.

Pasta is out too, as is anything like pastry, cakes and biscuits.

Rice is gone, and starchy veg like potatoes too.

Any berry fruit is ok as long as you only eat sensible portion sizes.

Study nutritional info on food, and research flour alternatives to make your own pasta, bread etc....or be prepared to pay a lot for ready-made "low carb" or "zero carb" alternatives."

Spot on, veggie chillis and curries good, dark chocolate is ok as a treat now And again.

Cereals and juices are really high in sugar. Walking or regular exercise is great.

By *etropolitainMan 7 weeks ago

Redworth Co Durham

Eat donuts

Drink beer

Eat pate

Eat Stilton

Eat croissants

Enjoy life

I have diabetes type 2 but i excercise so I can eat what I want to

If you don’t excercise you won’t lose weight etc

By *onnoisseur100Man 7 weeks ago

Woking-ish

Dear sensible lady, how about living up to your username and go and to talk to the person most qualified to give you taylored advice. A doctor. Everybody else are just opinions.

Best wishes, another type 2 sufferer.

"Dear sensible lady, how about living up to your username and go and to talk to the person most qualified to give you taylored advice. A doctor. Everybody else are just opinions.

Best wishes, another type 2 sufferer."

Hush your mouth. Being sensible and seeking professional and informed health care is frowned upon on Fab. Just come on a recreational sex site forums and ask for advice from members. I mean what possibly could be wrong with that!

Interesting that the OP has yet to respond to all the advice?

By *onnoisseur100Man 7 weeks ago

Woking-ish

"Dear sensible lady, how about living up to your username and go and to talk to the person most qualified to give you taylored advice. A doctor. Everybody else are just opinions.

Best wishes, another type 2 sufferer.

Hush your mouth. Being sensible and seeking professional and informed health care is frowned upon on Fab. Just come on a recreational sex site forums and ask for advice from members. I mean what possibly could be wrong with that!"

By *lderscot52Man 7 weeks ago

Inverness

[Removed by poster at 26/07/24 17:37:44]

By *lderscot52Man 7 weeks ago

Inverness

"I have been type 2 diabetic for 30 years. But I haven't shown it over the past 9 years. Added to Metformin I was put on an injection called Byetta, then a few years later to a newer version, Victos. Added to this I go on walks and have a garden to look after. The injections are only for type 2. I was taken off them 9 years ago.

"

By *assageVirtuosoMan 7 weeks ago

SouthEast

"

My grandad had diabetes.It was hard on him as he had beehives . If he had listen to doctors as opposed to us, his family, especially grandma , he would've likely died much earlier...

What's your recommended diet to reverse type 2 diabetes or reduce high blood sugar?"

The following is a summary of the good contributions in this thread and a bit more.

Nutrition 🍲

Eat whole food as close to the source as possible. Avoid processed food. Wholegrain instead of white bread, for example. Lean meat instead of ready minced meat. Cook your own food instead of buying ready meals. Home grown food is best. Organic second best, if available and affordable.

If you follow recipes , add no more than half the sugar and salt the recipe calls for.

Chew your food thoroughly, do not rush, eat when you are calm.

Eat at regular intervals during the day, avoiding late suppers. Do not snack in between meals, let your stomach rest. Do not drink too much while consuming food and straight after as it dilutes the stomach acid and impairs digestion.

Eat normal size portions, do not overeat, even if you do not need to lose weight .

Recommended Mediterranean diet and Asian Indian. Limit consumption of red meat 🥩 . Best avoid altogether. Eat wild fish only 🐠 , not farmed even if it is marketed as “organic”. Eggs 🥚 and yogurt (home made from organic milk. Store bought yogurt is rubbish).

Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables. 🥗 Some say to avoid very sweet fruit, but this is not necessary. If you eat fruits whole rather than juicing or blending in smoothie and as part of a balanced diet, it is very hard to overeat.

Eat with limitation food with high glycemic index, e.g. potatos🥔.

Drinking 💦

Drink plenty of water. 2-3littres per day, or more depending on weather, type of activity, your preference. Start the day with a pint of water in sips while you are getting ready some time before breakfast (do not skip breakfast). Do not drink soft drinks or alcohol 🥃 . There is no safe dose of alcohol, but if you do drink, drink only occasionally, say a glass or two per week. It is not advisable to drink fruit juice if you have diabetes.

Exercise

🚶 🏊 🏃 🏋️

Mild to intense exercises depending on your abilities and general health with attempts to safely up your goals.

Rest

Good quality sleep 😴 . Practise weekly rest. Jews and some other groups observe their Sabbath – practically abstaining from work that you can do on other days of the week . Have a day of rest when you do not worry about life’s troubles and enjoy time with family and friends and your hobbies.

De-stress at every turn. Have a kind and positive attitude. (Don’t bicker on forums, 😂 )

Meditate, read books, pamper yourself with a massage 💆 or some other healthy treats, spend time in nature, get involved in charitable events.

Spend time outside in fresh air and sun light (stay in shade in the middle of the day when the sun rays are the strongest). Watch the sun ☀ shortly after sun rise and before sun down – it is soothing for eyes and calming for the mind. Some eastern beliefs say “eat the sun”.

Drugs 💉

Zero. Tabacco, vaping – zero

Alcohol – as above

Educate yourself academically on healthy lifestyle as well as how your body reacts. No body is identical to another, test and find out what works for you.

By *adger BrocMan 7 weeks ago

Co. Cork

Read the ingredients on the packaging......and avoid hydrogenated fats(trans fats), I.e. most processed foods.

Trans fats are banned in some European countries and some states in the USA.

"Eat the burger...not the bun".

Use walnuts to provide the fats you need in your diet.

By *rego69Man 7 weeks ago

Chelmsford

Try the Freshwell App. Written by GPs to help those with more obese presentations facing type 2.

I cut out carbs as I had already reduced eliminated sugars. It does work.

By *stwo2023Couple 7 weeks ago

Worcester

"Eat donuts

Drink beer

Eat pate

Eat Stilton

Eat croissants

Enjoy life

I have diabetes type 2 but i excercise so I can eat what I want to

If you don’t excercise you won’t lose weight etc "

I have type 2 and exercise regularly yet I find the exercise really spikes by blood sugars! Can't bloody win?

Evie

By *icecouple561Couple 7 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

What's your recommended diet to reverse type 2 diabetes or reduce high blood sugar?

The following is a summary of the good contributions in this thread and a bit more.

Nutrition 🍲

Eat whole food as close to the source as possible. Avoid processed food. Wholegrain instead of white bread, for example. Lean meat instead of ready minced meat. Cook your own food instead of buying ready meals. Home grown food is best. Organic second best, if available and affordable.

If you follow recipes , add no more than half the sugar and salt the recipe calls for.

Chew your food thoroughly, do not rush, eat when you are calm.

Eat at regular intervals during the day, avoiding late suppers. Do not snack in between meals, let your stomach rest. Do not drink too much while consuming food and straight after as it dilutes the stomach acid and impairs digestion.

Eat normal size portions, do not overeat, even if you do not need to lose weight .

Recommended Mediterranean diet and Asian Indian. Limit consumption of red meat 🥩 . Best avoid altogether. Eat wild fish only 🐠 , not farmed even if it is marketed as “organic”. Eggs 🥚 and yogurt (home made from organic milk. Store bought yogurt is rubbish).

Eat plenty of fruit and vegetables. 🥗 Some say to avoid very sweet fruit, but this is not necessary. If you eat fruits whole rather than juicing or blending in smoothie and as part of a balanced diet, it is very hard to overeat.

Eat with limitation food with high glycemic index, e.g. potatos🥔.

Drinking 💦

Drink plenty of water. 2-3littres per day, or more depending on weather, type of activity, your preference. Start the day with a pint of water in sips while you are getting ready some time before breakfast (do not skip breakfast). Do not drink soft drinks or alcohol 🥃 . There is no safe dose of alcohol, but if you do drink, drink only occasionally, say a glass or two per week. It is not advisable to drink fruit juice if you have diabetes.

Exercise

🚶 🏊 🏃 🏋️

Mild to intense exercises depending on your abilities and general health with attempts to safely up your goals.

Rest

Good quality sleep 😴 . Practise weekly rest. Jews and some other groups observe their Sabbath – practically abstaining from work that you can do on other days of the week . Have a day of rest when you do not worry about life’s troubles and enjoy time with family and friends and your hobbies.

De-stress at every turn. Have a kind and positive attitude. (Don’t bicker on forums, 😂 )

Meditate, read books, pamper yourself with a massage 💆 or some other healthy treats, spend time in nature, get involved in charitable events.

Spend time outside in fresh air and sun light (stay in shade in the middle of the day when the sun rays are the strongest). Watch the sun ☀ shortly after sun rise and before sun down – it is soothing for eyes and calming for the mind. Some eastern beliefs say “eat the sun”.

Drugs 💉

Zero. Tabacco, vaping – zero

Alcohol – as above

Educate yourself academically on healthy lifestyle as well as how your body reacts. No body is identical to another, test and find out what works for you.

"

Thank you. I practice moderation because I think it's about life in my years rather than striving for years on my life.

I'm not type 2 but I find a diet that's lower in carbs suits me. I've found what works for me.

By *assageVirtuosoMan 7 weeks ago

SouthEast

"

Thank you. I practice moderation because I think it's about life in my years rather than striving for years on my life.

I'm not type 2 but I find a diet that's lower in carbs suits me. I've found what works for me.

"

You are welcome!

Wish you well!

By *idnight_Express69Man 7 weeks ago

Rochdale

Cut out sugar, stop eating processed foods. Eat cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower with lean meat for protein, like chicken or turkey. Drink oat milk no sugars instead of cow’s milk. Eat 2 apples a day. This will all aid weight loss and should lower your LDL (bad) cholesterol.

By *an DeLyonMan 7 weeks ago

County Durham

Apparently some exercise too as this lowers glucose storage levels in muscles to help

By *rotic_lokiMan 7 weeks ago

Swindon

[Removed by poster at 27/07/24 21:52:22]

Swindon

[Removed by poster at 27/07/24 21:52:31]

You keep procrastinating?

Swindon

You cant go wrong eating

Meat and two veg..

Nuts

Liquid diet helps..

Search for Dr Mosely and his books.

Eggs 🥚 kiwi 🥝 and dark chocolate 😋 Also oats breakfast and apples 🍎

Dump skimmed and go full fat.

Frozen spinach, blue berries raspberries in smoothie shakes.

Chia/flax seed & cocoa puddings.

Swindon

Oh get metyl B12 tablets as you will be definitely deficient in future.

exercise calf muscles ..

Stand on one leg and balance on each leg every day.

Swindon

Oh get metyl B12 tablets as you will be definitely deficient in future.

exercise calf muscles ..

Stand on one leg and balance on each leg every day.

"Oh get metyl B12 tablets as you will be definitely deficient in future.

exercise calf muscles ..

Stand on one leg and balance on each leg every day."

For fuck sake.........

somerset

you got to stop thinking one cure for all its just not like that yes 80% will beat it many wont even get it after pre warnings but some that smaller minority its somewhat more complex and not just eat better exercise some people are so complex and have other severe health conditions ... so one cure for all its not and even the easy ones will need different diets as different foods act differently with each person ....

keep it to the thread guys i dont need you to tell me im wrong or right privately its a open forum say it on the post

By *otsossieMan 6 weeks ago

Chesterfield

"... so one cure for all its not and even the easy ones will need different diets as different foods act differently with each person ...."

Correctness.

By *aulupforitMan 6 weeks ago

Corbridge

"you got to stop thinking one cure for all its just not like that yes 80% will beat it many wont even get it after pre warnings but some that smaller minority its somewhat more complex and not just eat better exercise some people are so complex and have other severe health conditions ... so one cure for all its not and even the easy ones will need different diets as different foods act differently with each person ....

keep it to the thread guys i dont need you to tell me im wrong or right privately its a open forum say it on the post"

Seems they can not help themselves and have to reply in pm than the forum.

By *onnoisseur100Man 6 weeks ago

Woking-ish

Possibly dangeeous snake oil salesmen, all of them. Wouldn't trust any of them.

By *ockdownlickdownMan 6 weeks ago

Crewe

My suggestion would be research the subject more broadly than asking a bunch of swingers . Seriously, there's a lot of good material out there on the internet, and a bunch of misinformation too. Do you know the glycemic index of the stuff you ate today? Do you know what a glycemic index is? Those might be good starting points for Mrs Google

By *melie LALWoman 6 weeks ago

Peterborough

"My suggestion would be research the subject more broadly than asking a bunch of swingers . Seriously, there's a lot of good material out there on the internet, and a bunch of misinformation too. Do you know the glycemic index of the stuff you ate today? Do you know what a glycemic index is? Those might be good starting points for Mrs Google "

You're late to the party.

Crewe

[Removed by poster at 29/07/24 18:42:10]

Crewe

"My suggestion would be research the subject more broadly than asking a bunch of swingers . Seriously, there's a lot of good material out there on the internet, and a bunch of misinformation too. Do you know the glycemic index of the stuff you ate today? Do you know what a glycemic index is? Those might be good starting points for Mrs Google

You're late to the party."

I didn't realise it was a race 😆 or that sensible advice had a shelf life

By (user no longer on site) 6 weeks ago

I hear that going higher fat (good fat) coconut butter/cheese, nuts etc and lowering carbs (potatoes etc) helps with that from some friends.

By *lue yesMan 6 weeks ago

Aberdeen

Take it seriously.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS 6 weeks ago

Stockport

"Possibly dangeeous snake oil salesmen, all of them. Wouldn't trust any of them. "

What's the sugar & carbs content of snake oil? Is the high quality extra virgin snake oil any better than the ordinary, for diabetics?

By *dqsyMan 6 weeks ago

Mappawell

"Possibly dangeeous snake oil salesmen, all of them. Wouldn't trust any of them.

What's the sugar & carbs content of snake oil? Is the high quality extra virgin snake oil any better than the ordinary, for diabetics?"

is there a glycemic index for it?

By *ools and the brainCouple 6 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Anyone struggling with the heat?

Crewe

Oils generally have a GI of 0.0, no carbohydrates and no protein.

By *ortyairCouple 6 weeks ago

Wallasey

"I hear that going higher fat (good fat) coconut butter/cheese, nuts etc and lowering carbs (potatoes etc) helps with that from some friends."
That's the best approach, my hubby's used the Keto diet and it's worked wonders for him.

Mrs x

By *oxy jWoman 6 weeks ago

somerset

the keto diet is bery good but it has a dangerous point too the amount of people i see ill from low blood sugars on keto diets the danger point being bedtime and tour blood sugars going really low ...

its also possible to have high blood sugars and be in a keto zone Ketotic hyperglycemia is very dangerous and life threatening tho mainly type one it can and does happen to type 2 as well

the above 2 are mainly points for those on insulin

Peterborough

"the keto diet is bery good but it has a dangerous point too the amount of people i see ill from low blood sugars on keto diets the danger point being bedtime and tour blood sugars going really low ...

its also possible to have high blood sugars and be in a keto zone Ketotic hyperglycemia is very dangerous and life threatening tho mainly type one it can and does happen to type 2 as well

the above 2 are mainly points for those on insulin"

In case you're referring to diabetic keto acidosis, I've copied an abstract from diabetes.org site:

Some people follow a ketogenic diet to lose weight, sometimes called the keto diet. This is a very low carb diet that produces ketones in their blood. We don't recommend the keto diet for treating diabetes because there is not enough evidence to say it is safe or effective.

Does the keto diet cause DKA?

Following a keto diet does not necessarily cause DKA. A keto diet leads to ketosis when your body breaks down stored fat to convert it into energy. You might think that more ketones in your blood this would increase your risk of DKA. But, this ketosis doesn’t lead to DKA if your pancreas is still producing insulin, or you inject the right amount of insulin for your diabetes, and  your blood doesn’t become acidic. But if you are considering a ketogenic diet you should speak to your diabetes team first . 

By *oxy jWoman 6 weeks ago

somerset

"the keto diet is bery good but it has a dangerous point too the amount of people i see ill from low blood sugars on keto diets the danger point being bedtime and tour blood sugars going really low ...

In case you're referring to diabetic keto acidosis, I've copied an abstract from diabetes.org site:

Some people follow a ketogenic diet to lose weight, sometimes called the keto diet. This is a very low carb diet that produces ketones in their blood. We don't recommend the keto diet for treating diabetes because there is not enough evidence to say it is safe or effective.

Following a keto diet does not necessarily cause DKA. A keto diet leads to ketosis when your body breaks down stored fat to convert it into energy. You might think that more ketones in your blood this would increase your risk of DKA. But, this ketosis doesn’t lead to DKA if your pancreas is still producing insulin, or you inject the right amount of insulin for your diabetes, and  your blood doesn’t become acidic. But if you are considering a ketogenic diet you should speak to your diabetes team first . 

"

yes thats it i names the lower blood sugar one opps Ketotic hyperglycemia mainly affect children but adults can get it to its caused by not eating / starving your body

Peterborough

yes thats it i names the lower blood sugar one opps Ketotic hyperglycemia mainly affect children but adults can get it to its caused by not eating / starving your body "

Hyper means high, hypo means low.

By *onlywishiMan 6 weeks ago

Newcastle

Just been given a book carb & calorie counter which is a real eye opener and is supported by diabetes Uk

Got mine from a diabetic nurse so hopefully they are available free via the nhs

Peterborough

Good luck OP.