FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Tennis makes you think!

Tennis makes you think!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Turned on TV before. Thought I was watching a replay of an old te nis final. But no! It's the Australian Open. Packed with people watching! Makes you think more about how wrong the UK got the whole lockdown thing wrong.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Turned on TV before. Thought I was watching a replay of an old te nis final. But no! It's the Australian Open. Packed with people watching! Makes you think more about how wrong the UK got the whole lockdown thing wrong. "
I don't follow are you wanting the Australian open in the UK because that won't ever happen we have our own event called Wimbledon

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

"Turned on TV before. Thought I was watching a replay of an old te nis final. But no! It's the Australian Open. Packed with people watching! Makes you think more about how wrong the UK got the whole lockdown thing wrong. I don't follow are you wanting the Australian open in the UK because that won't ever happen we have our own event called Wimbledon "

Lol

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Turned on TV before. Thought I was watching a replay of an old te nis final. But no! It's the Australian Open. Packed with people watching! Makes you think more about how wrong the UK got the whole lockdown thing wrong. "
Uk right now has it 100% right pity we did not get right first lockdown.Australia has been a lot stricter than here if you have taken any notice

It was though touch and go initially and could have gone disastrously wrong with the players turning up on specially chartered planes, a couple of players testing positive and all the other players then having to quarantining for two weeks.

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

Totally different situation with a population of under 26 million in a continent! Isolating towns and cities not a huge task, UK 60 million and a fraction of the size with cities within under an hour of each other.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Turned on TV before. Thought I was watching a replay of an old te nis final. But no! It's the Australian Open. Packed with people watching! Makes you think more about how wrong the UK got the whole lockdown thing wrong.

Totally different situation with a population of under 26 million in a continent! Isolating towns and cities not a huge task, UK 60 million and a fraction of the size with cities within under an hour of each other. "

And we had and have, many many times the number of international travellers pass through out ports and airports! Oz are not in lockdown because they have virtually no cases

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Population population population

If we had of been a lot stricter with people travelling here and tighter restrictions we could have been out of this much quicker!

By *ove2pleaseseukMan  over a year ago

Hastings

"Turned on TV before. Thought I was watching a replay of an old te nis final. But no! It's the Australian Open. Packed with people watching! Makes you think more about how wrong the UK got the whole lockdown thing wrong. Uk right now has it 100% right pity we did not get right first lockdown.Australia has been a lot stricter than here if you have taken any notice"

Got know if we do have it right now looks like all schools to open quite soon 8th for 3 weeks till Easter? ? Really don't know if this is the right thing R is hardly under 1

Camarthen

"If we had of been a lot stricter with people travelling here and tighter restrictions we could have been out of this much quicker! "

Think we should look closer to home with the behaviour of some UK citizens, house parties, packed beaches, traveling hundreds of miles to visit beauty spots, escaping to 2nd homes I could go on but I'm sure you know what I mean.

By *antasy Explorers 1313Couple  over a year ago

A place where others reside (nr Oxford)

For context, just under 7,500 people were allowed to attend the final. The capacity for the Rod Laver Arena for a tennis match is just under 15,000.

Not exactly revolutionary numbers. Think the majority of the tournament has been no fans at all.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Yes but it was easier for Australia as they are an island.........oh hang on a minute

Camarthen

"Turned on TV before. Thought I was watching a replay of an old te nis final. But no! It's the Australian Open. Packed with people watching! Makes you think more about how wrong the UK got the whole lockdown thing wrong.

Yes but it was easier for Australia as they are an island.........oh hang on a minute "

Think you'll find Australia is a continent!

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

Yes but it was easier for Australia as they are an island.........oh hang on a minute

Think you'll find Australia is a continent! "

And the population density of the UK is about 80 times that of Australia!

Leeds

Think you'll find Australia is a continent! "

It’s still surrounded by water so all you need to do is control your points of entry which just happen to be custom points, you must think we’ve handled this well in the U.K. ?

By *arah_11TV/TS  over a year ago

Yeadon/Leeds

[Removed by poster at 23/02/21 09:25:51]

we haven't handled it well, particularly last March and in late Autumn/early winter but it don't change fact defending Australia from it was much easier as its not at the centre of the western world as we are

The Aussie open had crowds for first few days and last couple of days. With a lockdown in the middle due to a local outbreak....

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

Out of interest did you think the same watching the Superbowl a couple of weeks ago?

This conversation will just go back n forth! "boom tish.."

This conversation will just go back n forth! "boom tish.." "

See what you did there. LOVE it

This conversation will just go back n forth! "boom tish.."

See what you did there. LOVE it "

I'll try not to SERVE another lol.

On a serious note, other countries have managed it a lot better. Not just island countries like Australia and New Zealand but Vietnam too apparently

Totally different situation with a population of under 26 million in a continent! Isolating towns and cities not a huge task, UK 60 million and a fraction of the size with cities within under an hour of each other. "

You're missing the point. Australia and New Zealand closed thier airports and sea ports to stop people arriving. So covid didn't get a grip to start. Boris dithered and waffled and fucked it all up right from the start by putting profit before people.

Leeds

Totally different situation with a population of under 26 million in a continent! Isolating towns and cities not a huge task, UK 60 million and a fraction of the size with cities within under an hour of each other.

You're missing the point. Australia and New Zealand closed thier airports and sea ports to stop people arriving. So covid didn't get a grip to start. Boris dithered and waffled and fucked it all up right from the start by putting profit before people. "

Totally agree

By *uttyandbeeCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

60 million really! Whatever happened to the other 8 which is incedently 3 less than New Zealand.

» Add a new message to this topic