80% of Covid-19 patients lack Vitamin D

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

According to a study reported in the Mirror

https://www.mirror.co.uk/science/coronavirus-80-covid-19-patients-22912396

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Obsession with skin cancer and rise in veganism and vegetarianism hasn’t helped, the marketers of meat and dairy free and spf15 products are not too fussed about your vitamin D levels.

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Everyone knows that the Mirror is the parragon of accurate journalism...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

To be fair that's the same as it is in general society so tells us nothing and maybe something.

Theres been countless thread on here about the benefits of vit D on here...so the mirror is only telling you what most knew months ago.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We have to be cautious of inferring causation, rather than there being a correlation.

It seems apt to test for deficiency on hospital admissions for covid-19 and to treat appropriately. And for Northern hemisphere to be supplementing now through to spring. Lots of threads on vitamin D here in the virus section.

It will be good when people have read the actual report, as news media often report scientific and statistical reports with limited quality of understanding them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qyMFsLFAE5o

That was Dr John Campbell on about it around 5 months back

"https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qyMFsLFAE5o

That was Dr John Campbell on about it around 5 months back"

It's the same prevalence as in general society so doesn't really tell us anything.

If we all get out vitamin d levels up and it's still at 80% in covid patients then there might be some causation.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"We have to be cautious of inferring causation, rather than there being a correlation.

It seems apt to test for deficiency on hospital admissions for covid-19 and to treat appropriately. And for Northern hemisphere to be supplementing now through to spring. Lots of threads on vitamin D here in the virus section.

It will be good when people have read the actual report, as news media often report scientific and statistical reports with limited quality of understanding them. "

So the trial found 80% are deficient in just under 200 tests in COVID positive people sunny Spain , average is 20% population are deficiency in the uk

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"Theres been countless thread on here about the benefits of vit D on here...so the mirror is only telling you what most knew months ago."

Months ago when the police were actively patrolling telling sunbathers to go home?

"Theres been countless thread on here about the benefits of vit D on here...so the mirror is only telling you what most knew months ago.

Months ago when the police were actively patrolling telling sunbathers to go home?"

Yes slim months ago...whoops I got the name wrong

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

To be fair 1 in 5 of the UK are deficient in Vit D, so that statistic isn't exactly a surprise.

"To be fair 1 in 5 of the UK are deficient in Vit D, so that statistic isn't exactly a surprise."

Spot on we are getting no vitamin D from the sun at all now for close on 5 months.

"To be fair 1 in 5 of the UK are deficient in Vit D, so that statistic isn't exactly a surprise.

Spot on we are getting no vitamin D from the sun at all now for close on 5 months."

I am .

One of the actual good things of being a roofer as well as keeping in shape.

"To be fair 1 in 5 of the UK are deficient in Vit D, so that statistic isn't exactly a surprise.

Spot on we are getting no vitamin D from the sun at all now for close on 5 months.

I am .

One of the actual good things of being a roofer as well as keeping in shape."

What your working in a pair of shorts?

I am .

What your working in a pair of shorts?"

In the summer you bet.

I am .

In the summer you bet."

Yup you didn't read my post

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I am .

In the summer you bet."

Sorry to disappoint, but even if you do naked roofing now, you'll make bugger all Vitamin D. The UV wavelengths striking the UK are only the correct wavelengths between April to September. In the autumn/winter, even on the brightest, sunniest day, you'll be making nowt. That's why you can stand in the October sunshine and not burn here in the UK.

I am .

In the summer you bet.

Sorry to disappoint, but even if you do naked roofing now, you'll make bugger all Vitamin D. The UV wavelengths striking the UK are only the correct wavelengths between April to September. In the autumn/winter, even on the brightest, sunniest day, you'll be making nowt. That's why you can stand in the October sunshine and not burn here in the UK."

Hey them capsules are spot on

North West

I am .

In the summer you bet.

Sorry to disappoint, but even if you do naked roofing now, you'll make bugger all Vitamin D. The UV wavelengths striking the UK are only the correct wavelengths between April to September. In the autumn/winter, even on the brightest, sunniest day, you'll be making nowt. That's why you can stand in the October sunshine and not burn here in the UK.

Hey them capsules are spot on "

Splendid, splendid, glad to have been of help

I am .

In the summer you bet.

Sorry to disappoint, but even if you do naked roofing now, you'll make bugger all Vitamin D. The UV wavelengths striking the UK are only the correct wavelengths between April to September. In the autumn/winter, even on the brightest, sunniest day, you'll be making nowt. That's why you can stand in the October sunshine and not burn here in the UK."

I take vitamin .

I was stating a fact that I get sunshine every single day at work.

North West

I am .

In the summer you bet.

I take vitamin .

"

I'm sure you get plenty of sun, especially if naked roofing

Just no vit D for a while now ........

I am .

In the summer you bet.

I take vitamin .

Just no vit D for a while now ........"

I take vitamin D I donf know how it came up as a smiley lol.

North West

I am .

In the summer you bet.

I take vitamin .

Just no vit D for a while now ........I take vitamin D I donf know how it came up as a smiley lol. "

Maybe we should all take vitamin

I am .

In the summer you bet.

I take vitamin .

"

Get of it...you were taking another opportunity to spout how fit you are

I am .

In the summer you bet.

Hey them capsules are spot on

Splendid, splendid, glad to have been of help "

I am .

In the summer you bet.

I take vitamin .

Get of it...you were taking another opportunity to spout how fit you are "

Who me ?

Never

» Add a new message to this topic