FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid app

Covid app

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rxham OP   Man  over a year ago

Wrexham

Heard of a few occasions of alerts disapeering without trace in the app and people Been leftunable to prove they should isolate to employers and in some cases unsure if they should even isolate or not. Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"Heard of a few occasions of alerts disapeering without trace in the app and people Been leftunable to prove they should isolate to employers and in some cases unsure if they should even isolate or not. Thoughts? "

I'd guess the individual concerned should ask questions of track and trace if and when it happens ?

Their number is well publicised I don't think we're allowed to post it here.

By *ctionnotwords69Man  over a year ago

ENFIELD

"Heard of a few occasions of alerts disapeering without trace in the app and people Been leftunable to prove they should isolate to employers and in some cases unsure if they should even isolate or not. Thoughts? "

These are not NHS app notifications. They are from Google/Apple. They can be ignored. App is being fixed to resolve apparently.

https://www.digitalhealth.net/2020/10/nhs-covid-19-app-updated-to-fix-disappearing-exposure-alerts/

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 26/10/20 18:53:08]

By *igh wide and handsomeMan  over a year ago

Dagenham

I don't trust the government enough,to allow them to track me.

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

Easy enough to do a screenshot of any message if it comes up on the app I'd have thought (unless it was just flashed on the screen briefly)

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"I don't trust the government enough,to allow them to track me."
but you do google apple etc.

By *orwegian BlueMan  over a year ago

Iceland, but Aldi is closer..

"I don't trust the government enough,to allow them to track me."

Do you think the government has the time, money or resources to track the every movement of every UK citizen?

No, of course they don't, nor do they have any interest in doing so.

The only time they do is when you are up to no good and the amount of red tape that gets in the way for the police to be able to track someone is ridiculous.

So don't panic, remove your tinfoil hat and come out from under the kitchen table..

However, your mobile phone provider, ISP and app provider are all quite adept at tracking and storing your every move, purchases and what emails you get.

But that's life today, you either accept it or go and live in a cave by candlelight.

"I don't trust the government enough,to allow them to track me. but you do google apple etc."
i dont trust either i turn off location data and refuse to sign into accounts for them

By *ylonSlutTV/TS  over a year ago

Durham

"I don't trust the government enough,to allow them to track me. but you do google apple etc.i dont trust either i turn off location data and refuse to sign into accounts for them "

That won't stop your phone provider knowing where you are and google/apple etc will still know what you do on the internet.

"I don't trust the government enough,to allow them to track me. but you do google apple etc.i dont trust either i turn off location data and refuse to sign into accounts for them

That won't stop your phone provider knowing where you are and google/apple etc will still know what you do on the internet."

Only if you use google...other search engines that do not store your searches are available

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I don't trust the government enough,to allow them to track me. but you do google apple etc.i dont trust either i turn off location data and refuse to sign into accounts for them

That won't stop your phone provider knowing where you are and google/apple etc will still know what you do on the internet.

Only if you use google...other search engines that do not store your searches are available "

There are many good search engines that don't track you and collate search details. Likewise, many ways to reduce tech companies collating data to profit from us too, away from search engines. It's good for us all to learn what we can do to limit our privacy from invasion.

» Add a new message to this topic