FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > It’s ok for us to break the rules 2

It’s ok for us to break the rules 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ess37 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Nantwich

This one is about breaking the rules on most threads in this ‘room’ ... it’s really interesting to observe how other areas of forums are fun, even the most controversial threads are debated in a civilised way and then you open the ‘covid’ room and it’s like a Wild Wild West : )

It should be respected that different people have different views and even if these views are against yours - Please don't name and shame other users.

Don't be nasty, Don’t Abuse other site users, Don't be personal... these are the rules of the forums on this great website? Right?

It costs nothing to treat people with respect.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m glad it’s ok to break the rules. I’ve just finished a bottle of vodka and fancy a drive.

By *eglieanCouple  over a year ago

Torbay

I kicked this off , and the more replies that appear make it so clear why we are in this shit.

This morning I got a mail from a couple in the West Midlands, saying they are fed up of all this covid as are others( yes we all are ) and they are going to hold a house party. There's so many people wanting to attend that they are going to have to turn people away. Bit of a link here? West Midlands? Now tell me that's a good safe covid area, isn't the area having enough problems, with out these add to it?

I hope their little party, or big party, costs them the 10.000 pounds and everyone there gets busted too, because that's a tiny price compared to deaths. Have fun ..... because thanks to them the rest of us won't get a Christmas or New year.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

My point exactly

What’s wrong with people

Nantwich

"I kicked this off , and the more replies that appear make it so clear why we are in this shit.

This morning I got a mail from a couple in the West Midlands, saying they are fed up of all this covid as are others( yes we all are ) and they are going to hold a house party. There's so many people wanting to attend that they are going to have to turn people away. Bit of a link here? West Midlands? Now tell me that's a good safe covid area, isn't the area having enough problems, with out these add to it?

I hope their little party, or big party, costs them the 10.000 pounds and everyone there gets busted too, because that's a tiny price compared to deaths. Have fun ..... because thanks to them the rest of us won't get a Christmas or New year."

No, it’s not personally to you - I’ve just ‘borrowed’ your thread title as I am talking about breaking rules - the forum rules - not covid rules.

Nearly every debate here ends with abuse, shaming and other disgusting behaviours that should not be acceptable - no matter what views people have they should be treated with respect.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"I kicked this off , and the more replies that appear make it so clear why we are in this shit.

I hope their little party, or big party, costs them the 10.000 pounds and everyone there gets busted too, because that's a tiny price compared to deaths. Have fun ..... because thanks to them the rest of us won't get a Christmas or New year.

No, it’s not personally to you - I’ve just ‘borrowed’ your thread title as I am talking about breaking rules - the forum rules - not covid rules.

Nearly every debate here ends with abuse, shaming and other disgusting behaviours that should not be acceptable - no matter what views people have they should be treated with respect. "

I think op that whilst the point you make is valid, in using the title you have which was intended to be about covid rule breakers this thread will possibly be a mix of both topics..

Mind you that's not unusual..

I hope their little party, or big party, costs them the 10.000 pounds and everyone there gets busted too, because that's a tiny price compared to deaths. Have fun ..... because thanks to them the rest of us won't get a Christmas or New year."

Hopefully someone will ask for their address like they want to attend and report them.

It's a swingers site a d a subsection on a virus that can take someone's life.

Some post here saying face masks dont work...others post that the virus saying the virus is like a little cold or flu.

Then you have others who say it doesn't even exist and there is no such thing as long covid,and people died would have died by their underlying conditons.

Then we have people who have lost loved ones...and some who are suffering long term effects months after contacting this.

So yeah one the whole emotions will always run high on this.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"It's a swingers site a d a subsection on a virus that can take someone's life.

Some post here saying face masks dont work...others post that the virus saying the virus is like a little cold or flu.

Then you have others who say it doesn't even exist and there is no such thing as long covid,and people died would have died by their underlying conditons.

Then we have people who have lost loved ones...and some who are suffering long term effects months after contacting this.

So yeah one the whole emotions will always run high on this."

If you think forum rules are being broken, report them.

I also don't think "have respect for other people's views" is appropriate as though every choice is equally valid. It's not.

in Lancashire

The respect issue is interesting, I can go with different views to a point on how we are dealing with it and different ways to etc but when someone is saying it doesn't exist and is a planned event then it's treat accordingly..

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"The respect issue is interesting, I can go with different views to a point on how we are dealing with it and different ways to etc but when someone is saying it doesn't exist and is a planned event then it's treat accordingly..

"

Yeah I can (usually) treat someone with respect and argue erring on the side of respectful. But some arguments don't deserve respect.

Nantwich

yes you are right But ... there is always a civilised way of putting things forward rather than attack and abuse even in the most heated debates ...

My opinion is that news articles in the UK are not unbiased factual accounts. They are slanted left or right depending on the rag you pick up.

The fact that links to fact based, scientific articles are not allowed, but links to news feeds is allowed, encourages the continual posting of wildly inaccurate "facts" that cannot be refuted without breaking forum rules.

Some people are going out and spreading the virus because they believe these "facts". This something our NHS end up having to deal with. The same NHS we are supposedly supporting by not meeting. The people we clapped for months back. The people some of us now want to throw under the bus with herd immunity.

"yes you are right But ... there is always a civilised way of putting things forward rather than attack and abuse even in the most heated debates ... "

The sign of a poor counter argument is the need to attack the person not the argument.

By *ookMan  over a year ago

london

To be honest I think we have all broken rules in some small way... driving too fast, using the phone, etc etc... the word of the day is ‘ consequences’... what happens if your mistake or deliberate action against advice or law causes others to be harmed. We are all human and make mistakes just don’t make stupid ones!... perhaps if you think about it the answer will probably be ‘ best not’... ‘do we/should we be doing this?

Nantwich

"yes you are right But ... there is always a civilised way of putting things forward rather than attack and abuse even in the most heated debates ...

The sign of a poor counter argument is the need to attack the person not the argument."

Nantwich

"To be honest I think we have all broken rules in some small way... driving too fast, using the phone, etc etc... the word of the day is ‘ consequences’... what happens if your mistake or deliberate action against advice or law causes others to be harmed. We are all human and make mistakes just don’t make stupid ones!... perhaps if you think about it the answer will probably be ‘ best not’... ‘do we/should we be doing this? "

It’s just a foot on the break with hope that some people on here will think twice before they post something ...

By *cloversCouple  over a year ago

Hull

We've had some vile abuse today because we've deleted messages from people that want to meet and are clearly meeting others unknown to them. Cam veris being used to describe real physical meets & not just a social either.

Very sad day in our Fab life

"This one is about breaking the rules on most threads in this ‘room’ ... it’s really interesting to observe how other areas of forums are fun, even the most controversial threads are debated in a civilised way and then you open the ‘covid’ room and it’s like a Wild Wild West : )

It should be respected that different people have different views and even if these views are against yours - Please don't name and shame other users.

Don't be nasty, Don’t Abuse other site users, Don't be personal... these are the rules of the forums on this great website? Right?

It costs nothing to treat people with respect.

"

I think if truth be known everyone has in one small way or another “broken the rules”, it’s a fact of life... oh I’m driving at 33 in a 30mph area, whoops I forgot my mask but need milk etc...

For me, that’s kind of par for the course. What I do struggle with is the people who create an illusion as a means to justify their own selfish actions... covid does exist, more people have been knocked down by buses etc... it’s all bollox, this pandemic has had horrific consequences despite all the measures we have in place and the “libertarians” aka “insert c word” just present it as a veil to try an justify what we all know is 100% self serving behaviour.

Nobody has to be perfect but... own your shit x

"We've had some vile abuse today because we've deleted messages from people that want to meet and are clearly meeting others unknown to them. Cam veris being used to describe real physical meets & not just a social either.

"

Report them.

If you take everything off your 'Looking for' list it takes you off the searches and reduces mail from people looking to meet.

in Lancashire

"We've had some vile abuse today because we've deleted messages from people that want to meet and are clearly meeting others unknown to them. Cam veris being used to describe real physical meets & not just a social either.

"

Fuck em, not literally of course..

Had one of some cpl saying stop hiding behind the sofa and if you are you should come off the site as no one will want to meet you if your hiding, oh and be more positive about how the government is doing..

Then they blocked us..

Never seen them post on any of the forums, there's some proper special folk on here..

Had one of some cpl saying stop hiding behind the sofa and if you are you should come off the site as no one will want to meet you if your hiding, oh and be more positive about how the government is doing..

Then they blocked us..

Never seen them post on any of the forums, there's some proper special folk on here.."

And the last time you did that was in the 60s when Dr Who came on

in Lancashire

Then they blocked us..

Never seen them post on any of the forums, there's some proper special folk on here..

And the last time you did that was in the 60s when Dr Who came on "

Think it was the Friday night horror film on ITV, used to pester Mum so I could stay up late and watch it but doesn't most of the time with a cushion over my face..

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man  over a year ago

BRIDPORT

Well your rules don’t bother me coz I’m in my castle, so yaaa boo sucks to you

I myself have always broken the rules. I like to push boundaries and break the law cos I think to myself ..I dont want to be told what to do im not a sheep

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Well your rules don’t bother me coz I’m in my castle, so yaaa boo sucks to you "

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Then they blocked us..

Never seen them post on any of the forums, there's some proper special folk on here.."

Messaging people and then blocking them is bad nonce behaviour

in Lancashire

Then they blocked us..

Messaging people and then blocking them is bad nonce behaviour "

For all my gobbyness it was a first tbh, ducks back and water..

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Then they blocked us..

Messaging people and then blocking them is bad nonce behaviour

For all my gobbyness it was a first tbh, ducks back and water.."

Shitehouse thing to do.

Then they blocked us..

Messaging people and then blocking them is bad nonce behaviour "

nonce behaviour is to do with kids not adults on a swingers site

Sadly I've had it all, messaged and blocked, rudeness and blocked, messaged to tell me I'm blocked, rudeness on the forums and found myself with a ban despite them still posting,I know sometimes I have a very matter of fact manner that upsets those who have a very empathetic nature but that's just my Aspergers.

I never have been rude to anybody for the sake of it though despite the obvious crew who try to swamp your good point with obvious bollocks like today on the face masks thread.

It's tiresome and annoying but I try not rise to their childish behaviour as I'm trying to make what I think is a genuine point.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"yes you are right But ... there is always a civilised way of putting things forward rather than attack and abuse even in the most heated debates ...

The sign of a poor counter argument is the need to attack the person not the argument."

Definitely

"The respect issue is interesting, I can go with different views to a point on how we are dealing with it and different ways to etc but when someone is saying it doesn't exist and is a planned event then it's treat accordingly..

Yeah I can (usually) treat someone with respect and argue erring on the side of respectful. But some arguments don't deserve respect."

Sometimes people can be that #@%& they fucking need telling for their own good

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Sadly I've had it all, messaged and blocked, rudeness and blocked, messaged to tell me I'm blocked, rudeness on the forums and found myself with a ban despite them still posting,I know sometimes I have a very matter of fact manner that upsets those who have a very empathetic nature but that's just my Aspergers.

I never have been rude to anybody for the sake of it though despite the obvious crew who try to swamp your good point with obvious bollocks like today on the face masks thread.

It's tiresome and annoying but I try not rise to their childish behaviour as I'm trying to make what I think is a genuine point."

It's also childish to post a quote and change it to something completely different. That should definitely be against the rules...

Nantwich

"Sadly I've had it all, messaged and blocked, rudeness and blocked, messaged to tell me I'm blocked, rudeness on the forums and found myself with a ban despite them still posting,I know sometimes I have a very matter of fact manner that upsets those who have a very empathetic nature but that's just my Aspergers.

It's tiresome and annoying but I try not rise to their childish behaviour as I'm trying to make what I think is a genuine point."

I do admire your patience but sadly many people have left the forum for exactly those reasons ... I will certainly not get down to the levels represented on here, have better things to do with my life.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

That's the good thing, no one has to go on a forum, there are some I avoid too

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

You mistook "swamped" for corrected

You mistook "agenda" for opinion

You stated that people who sneeze or cough should self isolate

You were corrected with facts not opinions from many people

You last post on the face covering thread was to launch a personal indul

Sorry you feel aggrieved though