FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Buying a car & covid

Buying a car & covid

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Traders are taking precautions to minimise the virus risk, but what about private selers? Is it taking a risk to buy a car from private or trade?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ebel Red HotWoman  over a year ago

York

What do you think?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Just follow what's been advised, if unsure take wipes etc and use them if you decide to take it for a spin..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Traders are taking precautions to minimise the virus risk, but what about private selers? Is it taking a risk to buy a car from private or trade? "

It depends on if you get a bargain or not...you can always take it for a good valet.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Just follow what's been advised, if unsure take wipes etc and use them if you decide to take it for a spin..

"

This is the problem. Ive tried looking fo advice / guidance but nothing. Possibly safer via a trader as they're more likely to follow govt guidelines.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Same as going anywhere and touching a surface wash your hands.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Same with buying anything I suppose, if it stays on surfaces like they say it does then surely there’s a risk in all you buy.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

If your that concerned get it decontaminated by vapour or ozone it's not expensive

Go prepared and wear a haz suit if you are overly concerned

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Take sanitiser with you, as well as asking the seller to clean it. Wear a mask. Wash hands before and after you touch it. Consider having the window open for ventilation.

By *ardiffCoupleNJCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd/Rhyfelin

"Traders are taking precautions to minimise the virus risk, but what about private selers? Is it taking a risk to buy a car from private or trade? "

Is this a serious enquiry?

If that worried buy it & don't go near it for 3 days.....then take some wipes to clean the door handle when you pick it up!!

TBH i'd still give it a vacuum & tidy up after collecting. Who knows what might be lurking under the back seat!

Wtf.... Are you really asking that question. What do you think.

"Traders are taking precautions to minimise the virus risk, but what about private selers? Is it taking a risk to buy a car from private or trade?

If that worried buy it & don't go near it for 3 days.....then take some wipes to clean the door handle when you pick it up!!

TBH i'd still give it a vacuum & tidy up after collecting. Who knows what might be lurking under the back seat! "

Think yourself lucky you’re allowed to buy a car. Asda wouldn’t sell me a light bulb yesterday because the Welsh Assembly have decided light bulbs are not essential items, but they would sell Christmas Pudding flavour McVities Digestive Biscuits because they have been deemed essential!

Maybe Mark Drakeford is blind and has a fetish for peculiar biscuits.

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

"Traders are taking precautions to minimise the virus risk, but what about private selers? Is it taking a risk to buy a car from private or trade?

TBH i'd still give it a vacuum & tidy up after collecting. Who knows what might be lurking under the back seat!

Think yourself lucky you’re allowed to buy a car. Asda wouldn’t sell me a light bulb yesterday because the Welsh Assembly have decided light bulbs are not essential items, but they would sell Christmas Pudding flavour McVities Digestive Biscuits because they have been deemed essential!

Maybe Mark Drakeford is blind and has a fetish for peculiar biscuits."

You can get your light bulb online if you must, but take this as a lesson to always have a spare light bulb

Anyway, McVities Xmas pudding biscuits. Didn't even know they were a thing, but now I do, that's an essential alright (at least to give them a test)

Back to the original query, take your own sanitiser & face covering. That's as much as you can do initially if you're just going to look at a prospective private used car. I'd only go to look of there was a real chance I would be buying it, not just looking to see what's about.

By *unloversCouple  over a year ago

rotherham

Pretty obvious really

By *DGF20Man  over a year ago

Dublin

Oh Jesus...i been driving probably more than 30 cars last few months...buy the car as usual, no difference

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"Oh Jesus...i been driving probably more than 30 cars last few months...buy the car as usual, no difference "

Your a busy twocker !

» Add a new message to this topic