FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Save the hospitality sector.

Save the hospitality sector.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

Who else feels that this sector is under threat cos of the lockdows and could it be saved? I hope it could be cos there are alot of jobs at stake.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

The tourism industry is harder hit shag, people just aren't shouting about that

"The tourism industry is harder hit shag, people just aren't shouting about that "
Yes I jeard about the tourism industry as well as tvere are not as much tourists visiting countries that needs them the most, lets hope for the best for them

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

"The tourism industry is harder hit shag, people just aren't shouting about that Yes I jeard about the tourism industry as well as tvere are not as much tourists visiting countries that needs them the most, lets hope for the best for them "

Great for the environment though shag! Greta will be well happy!

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

Its very important to save the hospitality sector. Currently 1 million jobs in hospitality alone are at risk, this will have a knock on effect to other sectors too. There is a very clear and established link between unemployment, poverty and health (both mental and physical).

Not to mention the loss of revenue will be extremely damaging to the country as a whole (including health care).

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

We have had 3 shops closing soon ,

salisbury

"Its very important to save the hospitality sector. Currently 1 million jobs in hospitality alone are at risk, this will have a knock on effect to other sectors too. There is a very clear and established link between unemployment, poverty and health (both mental and physical).

Not to mention the loss of revenue will be extremely damaging to the country as a whole (including health care)."

Yes, but Corona has a 1% mortality rate, so we should let millions suffer, right?

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

"The tourism industry is harder hit shag, people just aren't shouting about that "

I’ve just bought a 737 from Jet2.com for £8,000 who’s coming with me on a summer holiday.......you can fuck off Cliff !

"The tourism industry is harder hit shag, people just aren't shouting about that Yes I jeard about the tourism industry as well as tvere are not as much tourists visiting countries that needs them the most, lets hope for the best for them

Great for the environment though shag! Greta will be well happy! "

Yes it is but it is not good for the economy tho.

"We have had 3 shops closing soon ,"
Same here, few shops have closed as well which is not good.

salisbury

"The tourism industry is harder hit shag, people just aren't shouting about that Yes I jeard about the tourism industry as well as tvere are not as much tourists visiting countries that needs them the most, lets hope for the best for them

Great for the environment though shag! Greta will be well happy! Yes it is but it is not good for the economy tho."

The world is burning Shag! Surely we should let the economy crumble to save the planet?

By *ldaCouple  over a year ago

sutton Coldfield

Let’s not forget the events sector too. That’s come to a complete stop

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"The tourism industry is harder hit shag, people just aren't shouting about that

I’ve just bought a 737 from Jet2.com for £8,000 who’s coming with me on a summer holiday.......you can fuck off Cliff ! "

Bought A pilot?

I know I'm picky

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The tourism industry is harder hit shag, people just aren't shouting about that

I’ve just bought a 737 from Jet2.com for £8,000 who’s coming with me on a summer holiday.......you can fuck off Cliff !

Bought A pilot?

I know I'm picky "

dont need a pilot, just wing it lol

Great for the environment though shag! Greta will be well happy! Yes it is but it is not good for the economy tho.

The world is burning Shag! Surely we should let the economy crumble to save the planet? "

Yes we could but not too much there.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

If only people would wash their hands and wear a face covering none of this would be necessary, but they say they don't have to .....

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

A lovely gin bar in town has announced its not reopening

It's not just the hospitality industry though is it, everybody's job is a cog on a big wheel when enough cogs go missing you slip gear causing more cogs to break off, eventually the big wheel stops turning and at that point this entire website and everybodys point of view will be completely irrelevant to what comes next.

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

Bought A pilot?

I know I'm picky "

Is that by Joan Armatrading ?

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Who else feels that this sector is under threat cos of the lockdows and could it be saved? I hope it could be cos there are alot of jobs at stake."

I think that there will be a lot of heartache for the hospitality industry and the entertainment industry. How bad it gets will depend on how much support the government gives (if any).

It will undoubtedly bounce back, how long it takes will depend on how willing people are to invest... and how keen people are to go out and support these industries.

Cal

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Who else feels that this sector is under threat cos of the lockdows and could it be saved? I hope it could be cos there are alot of jobs at stake."
It is the suppliers that I feel sorry for as the suppliers are not forced to close so do not get government help.

All the bars that closed will be replaced by new ones when better times come along but who will supply them?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"It's not just the hospitality industry though is it, everybody's job is a cog on a big wheel when enough cogs go missing you slip gear causing more cogs to break off, eventually the big wheel stops turning and at that point this entire website and everybodys point of view will be completely irrelevant to what comes next. "
True

By *amaraBeaverbankWoman  over a year ago

Benidorm Spain

Yup. I haven’t worked since March with no clue as to when I will be able to again. Literally earned less than €500 all year, and there are no other jobs to be found. So many of us in so many industries have struggled. I wish o had the answers, but no matter whatever happens, people will fall through the cracks. So many losing jobs which obviously in turn leads to so many other issues

"Let’s not forget the events sector too. That’s come to a complete stop"

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Yup. I haven’t worked since March with no clue as to when I will be able to again. Literally earned less than €500 all year, and there are no other jobs to be found. So many of us in so many industries have struggled. I wish o had the answers, but no matter whatever happens, people will fall through the cracks. So many losing jobs which obviously in turn leads to so many other issues

Let’s not forget the events sector too. That’s come to a complete stop"

Absolutely 100%

Live events are at a standstill.

Hospitality is open to some degree as is tourism.

No live performances:

bands

plays

dance

comedy

No conferences

No festivals

"If only people would wash their hands and wear a face covering none of this would be necessary, but they say they don't have to ....."

^

Simples !

Er . . Something tells us that’s not quite the full extent of the problem.

Our club has been closed since the 14th of March which fed the local hospitality guest houses and hotels close to us, one sector closing can seriously effect another.

lots of other businesses small and large depend on the hospitality sector like the local hospitality sector local to us did, thats the true economic impact of this and what people don't seem to understand. It's a bit like the food chain in nature but for business.

As for our Club we are financially devastated by this and fighting to survive along with many other well known clubs desperate now for help.

The fact is there is no financial help local lockdowns or national lockdowns for swinging clubs that are shut doing the right thing like us which is confusing & annoying.

I’ve a friend who is a group manager of a successful bar chain across the North. He has said that the business is now in serious risk of collapse along with many other of his competitors.

Consumer confidence is at a low and even if everything opens in the next few months; how many of us would go back to going out out? The hospitality industry is in dire straights

The loss of these business will also have a massive effect on supply chain jobs as well.

[Removed by poster at 22/10/20 07:16:06]

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Further financial help for the hospitality sector to be announced today.

Not putting too much of a downer on things but we are completely FUCKED

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

"Not putting too much of a downer on things but we are completely FUCKED"

I agree, we could build a new hospital everyday and staff it for the money we are borrowing to shut this country down.

Close the schools! It's that simple.

The hospitality industry was aloud to open again at the beginning of july, no real increase in infection. Kids go back to school in September and hey presto, infection rates go through the roof! No brainer really.

But no, let's just punish the hospitality industry again.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"If only people would wash their hands and wear a face covering none of this would be necessary, but they say they don't have to .....

^

Simples !

Er . . Something tells us that’s not quite the full extent of the problem. "

sshh don't mention the covidiots they'll get all upset

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

"Who else feels that this sector is under threat cos of the lockdows and could it be saved? I hope it could be cos there are alot of jobs at stake.It is the suppliers that I feel sorry for as the suppliers are not forced to close so do not get government help.

All the bars that closed will be replaced by new ones when better times come along but who will supply them?"

Newer micro breweries and people setting up new businesses to fill the gap. In every crisis there is opportunity

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Bought A pilot?

I know I'm picky "

Cough cough.......I can fly a plane. Am sure a 737 isnt too much of a step up. All I ask for is a nice pair of heels and some decent seamed stockings...what a bargain.

It seems like the entire sector is being dismantled. There's grants and whatnot available but it won't be enough. It's beyond sad, it's awful.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Who else feels that this sector is under threat cos of the lockdows and could it be saved? I hope it could be cos there are alot of jobs at stake.It is the suppliers that I feel sorry for as the suppliers are not forced to close so do not get government help.

All the bars that closed will be replaced by new ones when better times come along but who will supply them?

Newer micro breweries and people setting up new businesses to fill the gap. In every crisis there is opportunity "

Presumably the supply chains and breweries will also be hit.

Bought A pilot?

I know I'm picky

Cough cough.......I can fly a plane. Am sure a 737 isnt too much of a step up. All I ask for is a nice pair of heels and some decent seamed stockings...what a bargain. "

I think the cough cough just lost you the job

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Do the government care about small businesses; especially ones in the north and in places like Blackpool, Scarborough, and similar resorts; of course they don't, why would they, these places are not somewhere they would go, or live or have any interest in.

As long as they are seen to be doing 'something' however ineffectual these businesses are collateral damage.

No one will be able to put exact figures on them and so who is to judge !

The hospitality sector was in it's death throws long before Covid. Just look at the number of pubs that have closed in the last 20 years.

Covid may speed up the enevitable closure of some places, but ultimately, these places would probably have shut within 2 years in anycase and potentially, the furlough and eat out to help out schemes have actually kept them going longer than they may have otherwise continued without Covid.

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

"Do the government care about small businesses; especially ones in the north and in places like Blackpool, Scarborough, and similar resorts; of course they don't, why would they, these places are not somewhere they would go, or live or have any interest in.

As long as they are seen to be doing 'something' however ineffectual these businesses are collateral damage.

No one will be able to put exact figures on them and so who is to judge !

"

You have a very low opinion of human beings if you think that people only do things for their own interest to me it says a lot about you.

"The hospitality sector was in it's death throws long before Covid. Just look at the number of pubs that have closed in the last 20 years.

Covid may speed up the enevitable closure of some places, but ultimately, these places would probably have shut within 2 years in anycase and potentially, the furlough and eat out to help out schemes have actually kept them going longer than they may have otherwise continued without Covid."

Pubs=hospitality

What about cinemas, restaurants, ten pin bowling alleys, music events, theatre, comedy clubs, hotels, guest houses, adventure days, horse racing, indoor go carts, wedding venues.. On that front weddings alone are a 700 million pound industry.

If your naive enough to presume pubs=hospitality I'm glad your not in government.

Oh and by the way, pubs... There a 6 billion pound industry and alcohol tax is a sizeable chunk of government revenue.

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

Bought A pilot?

I know I'm picky

Cough cough.......I can fly a plane. Am sure a 737 isnt too much of a step up. All I ask for is a nice pair of heels and some decent seamed stockings...what a bargain.

I think the cough cough just lost you the job "

Damn.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Yup. I haven’t worked since March with no clue as to when I will be able to again. Literally earned less than €500 all year, and there are no other jobs to be found. So many of us in so many industries have struggled. I wish o had the answers, but no matter whatever happens, people will fall through the cracks. So many losing jobs which obviously in turn leads to so many other issues

Let’s not forget the events sector too. That’s come to a complete stop

Absolutely 100%

Live events are at a standstill.

Hospitality is open to some degree as is tourism.

No live performances:

bands

plays

dance

comedy

No conferences

No festivals"

I just saw some live blues the other day for the first time in months. It's heartbreaking!!

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Bought A pilot?

I know I'm picky

dont need a pilot, just wing it lol"

Just point in the right direction, and go for it.

» Add a new message to this topic