FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid and the wealth divide

Covid and the wealth divide

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you think the virus has highlighted which areas are the poorest and which areas are the richest?

I don’t know if there is a relationship.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *evil with the haloWoman  over a year ago

Crystal Peaks

There are multiple reasons and yes there is a connection.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

"Do you think the virus has highlighted which areas are the poorest and which areas are the richest?

"

If you mean are people who have money any less stupid to understand the rules than those who don't then the answer would be a resounding 'they have equal shares of stupidity'.

With regard to access to better health then yes, there is a very wide divide.

With regard to a better understanding of health related issues less of a divide.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

"Do you think the virus has highlighted which areas are the poorest and which areas are the richest?

"

I think it's more related to the behaviours of different socio- economic and ethnic groups.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

If you mean are people who have money any less stupid to understand the rules than those who don't then the answer would be a resounding 'they have equal shares of stupidity'.

With regard to a better understanding of health related issues less of a divide.

"

As far as I'm a are there are not too many private ICU beds

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

As far as I'm a are there are not too many private ICU beds "

Perhaps not, but people with access to private health care are probably less likely to belong to a socio economic group where the prevalence of the comorbidities that place people in danger of needing an ICU bed exist. It's all linked in that respect.

I don't really think it's even got that much to do with being able to afford private health care.

People on a lower income tend to rely on public transport more and are much less likely to have jobs in which they can do from home. Therefore more likely to be exposed to the virus.

"I don't really think it's even got that much to do with being able to afford private health care.

People on a lower income tend to rely on public transport more and are much less likely to have jobs in which they can do from home. Therefore more likely to be exposed to the virus. "

I agree actually. Lower socioeconomic groups do face a greater risk of exposure to the virus and tend to be unhealthier than those from higher groups. Private healthcare probably only plays a tiny part in overall risk.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

It is also easier to work from home or quarantine if you have a big house and garden and no money worries.

"It is also easier to work from home or quarantine if you have a big house and garden and no money worries. "

Yes

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

All the .ore reason for the poor people to fully comply with the regulations and stop the spread and not party on the streets of liverpool ?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I don't really think it's even got that much to do with being able to afford private health care.

People on a lower income tend to rely on public transport more and are much less likely to have jobs in which they can do from home. Therefore more likely to be exposed to the virus. "

Much more likely to have customers facing jobs too.

As far as I'm a are there are not too many private ICU beds "

They do exist tho.

They had one ready for me after my multiple operations in August just in case I needed it.

"It is also easier to work from home or quarantine if you have a big house and garden and no money worries. "

Very much this.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"All the .ore reason for the poor people to fully comply with the regulations and stop the spread and not party on the streets of liverpool ?"

As far as I'm a are there are not too many private ICU beds

They do exist tho.

They had one ready for me after my multiple operations in August just in case I needed it. "

They are very few and far between, private hospitals, as a rule, rely on the NHS when they mess up.

"All the .ore reason for the poor people to fully comply with the regulations and stop the spread and not party on the streets of liverpool ?"

a lot of people dont think of themselves as poor or unhealthy I guess.

Trump got it (supposedly) and he is uber rich. As have quite a few other rich celebs.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

People on a lower income tend to rely on public transport more and are much less likely to have jobs in which they can do from home. Therefore more likely to be exposed to the virus.

Much more likely to have customers facing jobs too."

"Trump got it (supposedly) and he is uber rich. As have quite a few other rich celebs. "

in regards to trump:

of course the best of care at taxpayers expense.

Much more likely to have customers facing jobs too."

or work in factory settings etc,as I do myself.Being a 'keyworker' behind the scenes often shows me that people really don't see the processes that keep them alive unless it's healthcare related.

By *irldnCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"Trump got it (supposedly) and he is uber rich. As have quite a few other rich celebs. "

Trump didn’t have it just gaslighting!

Brighton

"

Many factors at play but socio demographics playing a significant role (with outliers of course).

GENERALLY speaking more manual labour and manufacturing roles in NW/NE/Midlands than South/SE. So smaller proportion of workforce can work from home.

GENERALLY a higher correlation with BAME communities too who live in multi-generation homes.

GENERALLY higher density housing.

GENERALLY there is also a correlation between poverty + poor diet + health issues.

We also know that UK is 2nd fattest nation in Europe after Malta! Being overweight puts additional strain on the body/organs reducing ability to fight disease etc.

Etc

Many factors at play but socio demographics playing a significant role (with outliers of course).

GENERALLY speaking more manual labour and manufacturing roles in NW/NE/Midlands than South/SE. So smaller proportion of workforce can work from home.

GENERALLY a higher correlation with BAME communities too who live in multi-generation homes.

GENERALLY higher density housing.

GENERALLY there is also a correlation between poverty + poor diet + health issues.

We also know that UK is 2nd fattest nation in Europe after Malta! Being overweight puts additional strain on the body/organs reducing ability to fight disease etc.

Etc"

agreed,however there a lot of other comorbidities through illnesses,disorders etc a lot is also inherited.

Brighton

Of course

"Trump got it (supposedly) and he is uber rich. As have quite a few other rich celebs.

in regards to trump:

of course the best of care at taxpayers expense."

Yeah I know I'm just saying his money didn't stop him from (supposedly) getting it in the first place

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So being powerful and rich means you’ve got access to better healthcare so the chances are you will survive?

» Add a new message to this topic