FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Test and trace app has sent only one alert

Test and trace app has sent only one alert

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So after millions have installed this app...and 460,000 hospitality joints have downloaded and printed the barcode for use on entry. Its has given out a grand total of one alert after two weeks of use.

What's it for again?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isandhers691127Couple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

lining the pockets of Tory donors of course. World beating my arse.

"lining the pockets of Tory donors of course. World beating my arse."

Hancock was asked in the house of commons, what Ricky Tomlinson say about the world beating app. He replied with his lights out look on his face....I dont know

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

My OH got an alert the other day. Is he the only one. I hope so.

"My OH got an alert the other day. Is he the only one. I hope so. "

According to a report on sky...he must be.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I got an alert too. But when I clicked on it, it wasn't there.

App is pointless.

By *addyBabygirl2020Couple  over a year ago

norwich

Does anyone know if its true that our government was offered a fully functioning and tested track and trace app, but choose to develop their own?

By *eter pepper 77Man  over a year ago

kelsall

Waste of time I deleted the app straight away,

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Does anyone know if its true that our government was offered a fully functioning and tested track and trace app, but choose to develop their own?"

This was said months ago when they were giving Dominic Cummings business partners company millions to set one up, the guy who helped to sort the Swiss and German one was on fivelive saying he had contacted the government and was confident of getting one up and running in a week to ten days..

This was several weeks before the isle of Man trial started..

Think the cost for the failure was about £12 million..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"lining the pockets of Tory donors of course. World beating my arse."

On Sky yesterday about 1100 delliotte "consultants" charging around £2,000 A DAY EACH for track and trace "work",

incidentally :Deloitte ARE Tory donors, the service now being run by a Tory Baroness whose only expertise was running a mobile network who won annually the award TWICE for bad customer service-go figure!

Theres a Chinese word that says from a crisis there is always opportunity.

I dont know the word,but it looks like the Tory party do.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

The check-in feature of the app is no more reliable than businesses who ask you to leave your name and contact number - and so I'm not surprised.

The most useful part of the app is when it provides a notification if you have been in close contact (within 2 metres for 15 minutes, or for a longer time at up to 4 metres)[3] with someone who has tested positive for the virus.

The more people who download and have the app running in the background, the better.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

How much was it the government proposed to pay people to stay at home if contacted, £13?

That's some levelling up..

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

People have to remember how the app works.

* It doesn't contact ANY Government or Health Department.

* It isn't run by ANY Government or Health Department.

* It totally relies on us the users of the app to do the right thing and self-isolate if the app reports to YOU and YOU alone that you have been in close contact with another user of the App that has reported symptoms through the app.

* The ONLY time a Government or Health Department would know of a report would be if a user themselves reported themselves to a Government or Health Department that they has symptoms.

So. It says more about the users of the app 'and that's a BIG you and me' than it does about anything else.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Does anyone know if its true that our government was offered a fully functioning and tested track and trace app, but choose to develop their own?"

Yes. They spent a lot of public money via contacts of the cons party but it didn't work.

Also, the Republic Of Ireland app was introduced into Northern Ireland and Scotland. Other countries, including Germany, offered their open source software for other countries free of charge.

We decided to make another 1. The magic money tree grew well this year.

"Does anyone know if its true that our government was offered a fully functioning and tested track and trace app, but choose to develop their own?

Yes. They spent a lot of public money via contacts of the cons party but it didn't work.

Also, the Republic Of Ireland app was introduced into Northern Ireland and Scotland. Other countries, including Germany, offered their open source software for other countries free of charge.

We decided to make another 1. The magic money tree grew well this year. "

The OLD NHS app is NOT the current Covid-19 google/apple app.

I’ve had constant alerts the last 2 days but click on it and nothing happens. Open the app and alert not there apparently it’s sending false alerts

And the Germans don't seem to like their App (just search a bit of news about it). And it works in exactly the same way as ours does.

By *na WintersTV/TS  over a year ago

woodford halse

The issue with "our" app, is that it uses an active BT signal to pick up other users of the app, and determine if you've been close enough to somebody with a positive test, resulting in an alert in the app.

This is completely and utterly useless though, as it's been shown that using BT accessories, like headphones, hands free systems and whatnot, can cause false positives within the app.

By *iguy for funMan  over a year ago

CIRENCESTER

I got one today saying I had been close to a positive and so have to self isolate for 14 days.

I was already self isolating because I had a cold and was erring on the side of caution. So it's arguable I'm already 3 days into the 14 days or I'm now heading for 17.

However whether the app is worth is it a different question. I've only been in to two pubs where I have used it and half the punters check in with app and half with paper. So many of them have no idea they are infected/close and unless everyone had Bluetooth activated at all times in the pubs they don't know either. As a general rule of thumb I only have Bluetooth on for track and trace or synching my fitbit.

Will the staff have had their Bluetooth on all the time? And will their phone have been in their pocket or handbag/rucksack in a locker?

If so presumably those pubs will now be shut whilst all the staff self isolate. If not then what's the point?

[Removed by poster at 09/10/20 14:26:47]

"

If so presumably those pubs will now be shut whilst all the staff self isolate. If not then what's the point?"

The Pub will probably only be asked to shut to deep-clean.

But . . .

A Venue will ONLY know if someone has tested positive if a person who used the app filled in symptoms data in the app itself and ONLY 'if' they present themselves for a test to a Health Authority (not through the app) that a Health Authority will be informed of a positive test (if indeed they tested positive) and only if the Health Authority inform the Venue. (keeping up? lol)

But here's the thing that needs to be understood . . .

The Health Authority (NHS) can only put that data into the central database (Google/Apple/Microsoft Cloud/Amazon Cloud) if the positive person says where it was that they have been. But it's the database that sends the Notifications to everyone else that the positive person may have come in contact with not the NHS.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"The issue with "our" app, is that it uses an active BT signal to pick up other users of the app, and determine if you've been close enough to somebody with a positive test, resulting in an alert in the app.

This is completely and utterly useless though, as it's been shown that using BT accessories, like headphones, hands free systems and whatnot, can cause false positives within the app."

I would be surprised if the bluetooth signature for the headphones or whatnot later reported they had tested positive for covid

By *miles4himandmeCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

"I got an alert too. But when I clicked on it, it wasn't there.

App is pointless."

Same here

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Does anyone know if its true that our government was offered a fully functioning and tested track and trace app, but choose to develop their own?

"

Correct, hence my listing of the 3 app options that I know of that have been pursued in the UK. Read what I wrote again, for it to become clearer

Correct, hence my listing of the 3 app options that I know of that have been pursued in the UK. Read what I wrote again, for it to become clearer

"

Got that

But all of the apps (except the UK V1 app) use Bluetooth tracking.

The only difference with the German one is that they didn't use the google/apple version, but built their own 'just the same as google/apple' version.

By *all me FlikWoman  over a year ago

Galaxy Far Far Away

"My OH got an alert the other day. Is he the only one. I hope so. "

There's someone on another thread who has had an alert too.

"My OH got an alert the other day. Is he the only one. I hope so.

There's someone on another thread who has had an alert too."

Bloody sky news for you

im not surprised by this at all.

barney rubble and the flintstones strike again.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Why do they call it nhs app when it clearly is not?

"Why do they call it nhs app when it clearly is not?

"

Deception the nhs has a good name...serco haven't...

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

I think from reading it, it said the app had only send one alert about a venue. So for instant only one alert had been sent out about one particular outbreak at a venue. Given how the virus has spread and people coming and going I'd say that's a pretty crap return and an even worse way to be relying on this app to keep us all safe

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

My daughter tested positive two weeks ago. She informed the app. Her partner (who she lives with) also has the app and has never been alerted. Track and trace never contacted her either.

"My daughter tested positive two weeks ago. She informed the app. Her partner (who she lives with) also has the app and has never been alerted. Track and trace never contacted her either. "

I watched I again on ske last night and they were sticking with the story of it only giving out one (not the false one that many have had) alert so far.

But hey post it here and everyone says they've had one.

The story on Sky is a bit misleading .. .

The NHS have the ability to upload data into the Google/Apple Data Centre if they have a client that has tested positive. That's what the Sky story relates to - the NHS uploading only one data set for a venue.

As the app itself keeps everything private to you (not the NHS google/apple or anyone else) The NHS would only know that a Venue may have been infected if the 'patient' told them that they had been there on a particular day and time and that they were found positive at the test.

By *ornyQueerWoman  over a year ago

I got one but it had no details where it was from who etc. Seemed pointless so I deleted app as think having Bluetooth on drains my battery

» Add a new message to this topic