FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > The Pubs 'may' be back after 10pm !

The Pubs 'may' be back after 10pm !

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-the-pm-is-in-trouble-and-he-could-be-about-to-face-a-parliamentary-defeat-over-the-10pm-pub-curfew-12098504

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Broadstairs

That’s good fed up going home early

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good, it's well past time he had his wings clipped. Now if only someone could do the same up north....

There are rumblings of tighter lockdown or restrictions as of Monday including closing of pubs etc....

By *dsindyTV/TS  over a year ago

East Lancashire

"There are rumblings of tighter lockdown or restrictions as of Monday including closing of pubs etc...."

Yeah, just seen link on bbc news app

Pubs and restaurants need X amount of customers per day to be profitable, squeezing hours just means squeezing customers in.

Lengthen hours and maximize capacity at any given time to get the same amount of customers, this isn't rocket science and behavioural scientists did the science 20 years ago that made the labour party change the licencing hours.

Kind of odd that it may need the backing of the SNP to defeat while NQS had just shut so many of them.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Has that scruffy #### ever heard of a comb?

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-the-pm-is-in-trouble-and-he-could-be-about-to-face-a-parliamentary-defeat-over-the-10pm-pub-curfew-12098504

"

I'd have thought it's just as likely they will close pubs completely

"Has that scruffy #### ever heard of a comb?"

Now Now Lionel. Let's not be personal.

"Kind of odd that it may need the backing of the SNP to defeat while NQS had just shut so many of them.

"

Indeed.. and I for one will be watching VERY closely to see if they do back this.

I can't see it - it would destroy any credibility the SNP had in Scotland.

"https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-the-pm-is-in-trouble-and-he-could-be-about-to-face-a-parliamentary-defeat-over-the-10pm-pub-curfew-12098504

I'd have thought it's just as likely they will close pubs completely"

A strange one indeed.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Has that scruffy #### ever heard of a comb?"

As you said in the other thread “classy”

liverpool

"Has that scruffy #### ever heard of a comb?

As you said in the other thread “classy” "

Couldnt help it..look at that picture.

All those conspiracy theorists saying it's all a big ruse.

He cant even dress properly so the idea of him being some dr evil type genius is ridiculous.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Has that scruffy #### ever heard of a comb?

As you said in the other thread “classy”

Couldnt help it..look at that picture.

All those conspiracy theorists saying it's all a big ruse.

He cant even dress properly so the idea of him being some dr evil type genius is ridiculous. "

Ha ha just looked.

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Boris and co are drawing up plans to most probably close pubs, restaurants and other licensed venues from the weekend onwards, possibly only in the worst affected areas...the North. We'll have to wait and see

"Boris and co are drawing up plans to most probably close pubs, restaurants and other licensed venues from the weekend onwards, possibly only in the worst affected areas...the North. We'll have to wait and see "

That's because there an incompetent bunch of morons without a backbone between them, leaders have to make difficult decisions that they answer to, this lot are incapable and will just make the easy decision to run the economy into the ground and then blame they're scientific advisors.

"Boris and co are drawing up plans to most probably close pubs, restaurants and other licensed venues from the weekend onwards, possibly only in the worst affected areas...the North. We'll have to wait and see "

News is so polar-opposite, even in the same 5 minutes.

There will come a time when 'Covid' is a phd subject at Uni'.

There will also come a time when we sit around campfires and tell this story and children will think it fantasy.

There may also come a time when ants debate 'Whatever happened to the Humans' and Seagulls will say 'I used to love chips. Not so much the Humans'.

"

There will come a time when 'Covid' is a phd subject at Uni'.

There will also come a time when we sit around campfires and tell this story and children will think it fantasy.

"

You'll need to make sure you keep the mandatory 2m distance between everyone, have no more than 6 (including the dog!) around the fire and wear your masks whenever you're not actually eating or drinking.

Don't dare drink in case your social distancing slips and you stray within 2m of someone or god forbid, try to hug a child... you'll be reported to the Covid Police and have to spend a month in a re-education (sorry, quarantine) center learning how to be a Socially Aware Adult...

(sarcasm... I think)

By *oubleswing2019Man  over a year ago

Colchester

In the absence of a viable vaccine, there are only a limited number of tools (stop sniggering at the back) to deal with a rise in cases in an area.

And these tools don't have the finesse to allow for minimal impact to the population in that area.

The objective is to get the numbers down as quickly as possible by limiting the spread, and blunt instruments cover a wider area faster than precise surgical ones.

Where is the virus spreading the most ? Where it has the greatest opportunity for infection. Where masses of people congregate. Where footfall is high, and ever-changing.

Pubs, Clubs and Restaurants are prime targets. There are more, but a response has to be proportional and specific, with good reason.

The tools may be blunt, but they can and should be wielded with some specificity.

For a limited time. Then review the results.

Overall, I feel we are not reacting fast enough, and outbreaks are being allowed to grow too fast in certain areas, and we're constantly intervening just a little bit too late. Tinkering around the edges for fear of political repercussions.

Remember, every senior, top scientific decision is viewed through a political lens, and this has informed our response accordingly.

What is scientifically best for the country and the people, may not be politically expedient for our lords and masters, now or come the next election.

Is it "business-friendly" to close a pub in a high infection rate area ? No.

Is it "Virus-friendly" to continue to allow that establishment to bring in trade and by extension humans ? Yes.

What's the goal ? Whack-a-mole and get cases down. The latter proposition will achieve that, in part.

Is it proportionate and specific ? Yes.

Is it forever ? No. It just buys time. Will it be needed again ? Most likely, if cases rise again in that area.

It's not elegant, but it is brutal and effective, if only for a while.

We will get there. Eventually.

"

We will get there. Eventually. "

All well and good but by the time we 'get there', which may well be years or potentially decades away how many of those businesses will still be trading?

How many will have suffered through poverty-related diseases, mental health problems, homelessness and all themother ills that stem from an economic depression?

You cannot just look at covid harms. The control measures have a cost too, and not just an economic one.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

If you can’t be good boys and girls and go home at 10 all that will happen is pubs will be ordered not to open at all. #longwinterahead

By *otsossieMan  over a year ago

Chesterfield

Yep, the pubs will be shutting again.

Scotland is already on it.

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

"Boris and co are drawing up plans to most probably close pubs, restaurants and other licensed venues from the weekend onwards, possibly only in the worst affected areas...the North. We'll have to wait and see

That's because there an incompetent bunch of morons without a backbone between them, leaders have to make difficult decisions that they answer to, this lot are incapable and will just make the easy decision to run the economy into the ground and then blame they're scientific advisors."

Competence is finding and putting the right pin in the right hole... this government have a number of different pins to choose from but none match the hole.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"There are rumblings of tighter lockdown or restrictions as of Monday including closing of pubs etc...."

Are there?

By *i1971Man  over a year ago

Cornwall

I do feel sorry for the pubs and premises which are and have been responsible in following the laws as they've changed. I've seen some of the idiots with pint in hand wandering about, then going outside for a smoke and mixing with others for all the time I'd seen them. I've also heard some say it's not like it used to be. Well, the longer they refuse to obey the law the more likely it is the changes will become the new normal.

By *umalotagainMan  over a year ago

a town called malice

It’s happened for 16 days in Scotland and wee cranky made it clear that she would keep them closed longer if she needed to. Trouble is in 16 days you are only just likely to see the salutary if it is having an effect so you can bet they will he closed a lot longer “just to make sure”

The trouble is the adults don’t seem to want to adult, mate of mine sent me picture from a hotel in the east of Scotland where he and his wife were for a golfing break, two of them sat at a table having a quiet drink and a group of 8-10 at the other side of the bar drinking heavily raised voices and general loutish behaviour, my question is why didn’t the management stop them and enforce the rule of 6 and only two households, my guess is become they see money coming in and don’t see it as their job to police it

So until people actually stop acting like assholes as it “won’t affect me” then closures like this are going to happen more and more, and more and more jobs will be lost, Scottish radio news had people calling in last night saying they had been made redundant 10 minutes after the announcement

When is this going to end

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

"It’s happened for 16 days in Scotland and wee cranky made it clear that she would keep them closed longer if she needed to. Trouble is in 16 days you are only just likely to see the salutary if it is having an effect so you can bet they will he closed a lot longer “just to make sure”

The trouble is the adults don’t seem to want to adult, mate of mine sent me picture from a hotel in the east of Scotland where he and his wife were for a golfing break, two of them sat at a table having a quiet drink and a group of 8-10 at the other side of the bar drinking heavily raised voices and general loutish behaviour, my question is why didn’t the management stop them and enforce the rule of 6 and only two households, my guess is become they see money coming in and don’t see it as their job to police it

So until people actually stop acting like assholes as it “won’t affect me” then closures like this are going to happen more and more, and more and more jobs will be lost, Scottish radio news had people calling in last night saying they had been made redundant 10 minutes after the announcement

When is this going to end "

Totally agree, when there is a till near by or money being made all restrictions and virus thinking goes out of the window. I can't blame some of these people though as for months they have had their businesses turned upside down, the individuals should have more though and should know better. You see it everywhere people just not sticking to these very lose rules. I don't agree with some of the restriction but they are here so just put up with them and hopefully it will get better sooner than later.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

The Labour leader, as well as many constructive politicians, have quite rightly asked for the evidence to be produced that supposedly is behind these changes. That closing time change may signal the undoing of Johnsons chaotic failures to achieve positive results.

A cross-party leadership team for covid19 would be an improvement, though he's resisted this all year. Perhaps he'll implement it, so that it becomes another body, other than himself and his incompetent team, that he can try to deflect blame on to.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"The Labour leader, as well as many constructive politicians, have quite rightly asked for the evidence to be produced that supposedly is behind these changes. That closing time change may signal the undoing of Johnsons chaotic failures to achieve positive results.

A cross-party leadership team for covid19 would be an improvement, though he's resisted this all year. Perhaps he'll implement it, so that it becomes another body, other than himself and his incompetent team, that he can try to deflect blame on to. "

That should have said conservative politicians, not 'constructive'

By *lixirWoman  over a year ago

Chippenham

Its all bloody point scoring by both parties they have lost the plot they work for us.

"

More likely they’ll be shut full time in most areas

By *arahspiceCouple  over a year ago

Brighton

"

I think we are heading for more of a lockdown though

liverpool

I think we are heading for more of a lockdown though "

Hope not

[Removed by poster at 08/10/20 15:59:50]

I think we are heading for more of a lockdown though

Hope not "

Signed off last night apparently

I think we are heading for more of a lockdown though "

Yup. Me too.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"Its all bloody point scoring by both parties they have lost the plot they work for us. "

No they don't they work for their own self interest, to make money and to have the power to make stupid decisions.

If they worked for us they would care what happened to people; all they care about is being 'seen to do something' rather than actually doing anything sensible.

The members of all parties are as bad, some local politicians in local authorities do care about the people, but once they get to Westminster they are all part of the same club.

All you have to do is listen to the stupid behaviour in the house, the dated language, the childish booing and moaning and the total lack of sensible debate and these people 'work for us' no way !!

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan  over a year ago

North East

[Removed by poster at 08/10/20 16:39:29]

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan  over a year ago

North East

"

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

"Good, it's well past time he had his wings clipped. Now if only someone could do the same up north...."

Sorry your beloved leader has shut them completely

» Add a new message to this topic