FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > FLU JAB

FLU JAB

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone tried to get normal flu jab recently ?

My doctor and all the local pharmacies seem to have run out of vaccine.

Lack of forward planning here it seems. Just when they are telling everyone to get one.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *old1974Man  over a year ago

Manchester

Had one today in hospital as I work for NHS.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Booked in for mine next week

Fortunately I get one through work but did try looking elsewhere for the family and seems only vulnerable people can get it so far. Makes sense to prioritise those first but shame I can’t seem to get the others

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Got mine easy enough. Lloyd’s and Tesco doing them round here.

Had mine last week and got told by work that we can all have it on them for free such is life.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Had ours two weeks ago at a pharmacy.

I get mine free because I care for my parents. Ironically they have to wait until late Oct.

By *ouble_The_DelightCouple  over a year ago

Wakefield

Had mine 3 weeks ago.

k

By *eter pepper 77Man  over a year ago

kelsall

Had the flu jab few years ago , made me ill for a week ,

"Anyone tried to get normal flu jab recently ?

Lack of forward planning here it seems. Just when they are telling everyone to get one."

Apparently anyone who isnt in the at risk group, has to wait til the end of November.

Because they havent got enough

Cos like, no one knew winter was coming and we were in the middle of the worst health crisis for hundreds of years

By *heltonianMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Lack of forward planning here it seems. Just when they are telling everyone to get one."

Flu jabs are ordered 12 months in advance, so that was done before this pandemic. Hence there will be an initial shortage with more people wanting them

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Got mine yesterday

Lack of forward planning here it seems. Just when they are telling everyone to get one.

Flu jabs are ordered 12 months in advance, so that was done before this pandemic. Hence there will be an initial shortage with more people wanting them"

So if thats the case, and they only have enough for the at risk groups, why did Boris say they are offering them to anyone over 50?

Did he fib, do you think?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Got mine yesterday "

Ditto..

And the boss has hers tomorrow..

By *essiCouple  over a year ago

suffolk

"Had one today in hospital as I work for NHS."

You're lucky..in the 5years I've been with NHS I've never been able to have one..not important enough to qualify,there words not mine so this year I'm going to Tesco..

By *heltonianMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Flu jabs are ordered 12 months in advance, so that was done before this pandemic. Hence there will be an initial shortage with more people wanting them

So if thats the case, and they only have enough for the at risk groups, why did Boris say they are offering them to anyone over 50?

Did he fib, do you think?"

Not fib per se.... they will be available, but obviously production of X amount of extra doses will mean a bit of a wait for the rest of us

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Got mine at Tescos next week

I couldn't get one off my GP last year they said I wasn't entitled as my daughter's carer. The chemist next door offered me one and said I am entitled.

My daughter who has learning disabilities has got a text to offer her one this year. She is not in a risk category for Covid though.But I have not been offered one . I was planning on going to the chemist again but probably won't bother if there's a shortage. X

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Had mine via the GP on 12th September, no problem.

I have one booked for the 20th at my place of work

Yes had mine 16th September no issues with getting it done this year normally I can’t get one until about mid November

By *D835Man  over a year ago

London

Got mine two weeks ago at my GP surgery.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There does seem to have been high levels of take up with the early stocks, as it's been highly encouraged and promoted. Many places have restricted it to the most highly vulnerable over 65s, until new stock arrives. It's still very early in the season and no cause for panic. I've not had mine yet, so probably going to wait a few weeks.

Organisation isn't this administrations strong point, unless it's to get their offensive big mouths aired, usually to say nothing of any value. MiniTrump was spaffing his way around yesterday, didn't add much

I had one in a local branch of asda on Sunday, but I am diabetic so may be different..

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

"I couldn't get one off my GP last year they said I wasn't entitled as my daughter's carer. The chemist next door offered me one and said I am entitled.

My daughter who has learning disabilities has got a text to offer her one this year. She is not in a risk category for Covid though.But I have not been offered one . I was planning on going to the chemist again but probably won't bother if there's a shortage. X"

I don’t know your exact circumstances or wish to pry so here is the information regarding flu vaccinations. I hope it helps going forward.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/flu-influenza-vaccine/

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

Got one a few weeks ago from the independent chemist I've gone to the last couple of years. I get one due to one of my partners being immunocompromised. Otherwise I wouldn't qualify on the NHS.. Too bloody healthy.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Got mine done last friday at boots

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"I get one due to one of my partners being immunocompromised. "

One of your partners ? Doesn't the fact that you are with other partners jeopardise their compromised immune system ?

Got mine done yesterday at my GP practise.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

I get offered it each year through work but always decline.

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

To be fair I’ve heard a lot of people saying ‘I haven’t had one for years but thought I better cos of this COVID’

Makes sense they would run short, really.

Trouble is they are a bit of a waste of time. People still get the flu even after the flu jab. There are so many different strains of the flu. The jab only captors for some of them. Pretty pointless if you ask me. I am in the vulnerable group and until recently had one every year and still got the flu. Lucky my immune system. Is quite strong etc.

My GP surgery only did them for the over 65s at first and i was told it would be a while until i can have mine. Im highly vulnerable so i booked to have mine at Boots, for free, next week. Hubby is also booked in at Boots to have his as he is over 50 and also to protect me.I have now been sent a text from my GP asking me to book mine with them. So i have, just incase Boots run out although they have said they have enough for everyone already booked for theirs.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

My mum has had hers.

My children have to wait until they are offered them in School.

By *avid ElliottCouple  over a year ago

West Worthing

I got one today

By *avid ElliottCouple  over a year ago

West Worthing

"Got one a few weeks ago from the independent chemist I've gone to the last couple of years. I get one due to one of my partners being immunocompromised. Otherwise I wouldn't qualify on the NHS.. Too bloody healthy."

The flu jab doesnt in any way help your partner though ? You can still catch it and spread it ....

"Got one a few weeks ago from the independent chemist I've gone to the last couple of years. I get one due to one of my partners being immunocompromised. Otherwise I wouldn't qualify on the NHS.. Too bloody healthy.

The flu jab doesnt in any way help your partner though ? You can still catch it and spread it ...."

Do you have a link to show this ?

Why are the NHS staff, carers, education staff and partners of highly vulnerable people etc being asked to have the vaccine ?

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

"My mum has had hers.

My children have to wait until they are offered them in School."

Our school ones are not till November, but they are the nasal ones already prebooked for children only, the GP's are telling all of the parents at school to have it in school not at the docs to free up appts

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club Stoke

[Removed by poster at 07/10/20 17:50:09]

A friend of mine had her booking moved to the 19th of October. She spoke to the Boots Store to ask them why she had been moved and they said it was simply that demand had depleted their stock. They said that they should come back on stream again on the 19th October.

If you go to Boots. Lloyds etc et-al. All have a 'Notify me' of availability by email page.

Get a notification with as many as you can and accept the first one available.

Actually our GP Surgery wasn't doing even high-risk until the 19th October.

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

Had mine done on Sunday at the doctor's

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

I had mine on Monday at a Well Pharmacy, I paid for it as I don't qualify. Tried to book my husband in on line but they have suspended appointments there as well.

I haven't been able to get mine through the GP either. When I find they told me it was because people that didn't need it have been buying it through the pharmacies America now a national shortage even though I've had won every year for the last 8 years.

I tried to book one of the pharmacy 4 weeks ago and was told because I am entitled to a free 1 I should wait until I was called by my surgery so the selfish people who don't normally have 1 but have decided to have won this year just in case are to blame.

"I haven't been able to get mine through the GP either. When I find they told me it was because people that didn't need it have been buying it through the pharmacies America now a national shortage even though I've had won every year for the last 8 years.

I tried to book one of the pharmacy 4 weeks ago and was told because I am entitled to a free 1 I should wait until I was called by my surgery so the selfish people who don't normally have 1 but have decided to have won this year just in case are to blame."

The few typos in there not sure where America came from.

So those of you that a few weeks ago were criticising me because I said you shouldn't be rushing out to get one when you said you never had 1 before and told me to shut up because there was enough should feel pretty rotten now.

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

Apparently anyone who isnt in the at risk group, has to wait til the end of November.

Cos like, no one knew winter was coming and we were in the middle of the worst health crisis for hundreds of years"

We actually have to order our vaccines from the manufacturers a year in advance, I ordered mine last September, so only the usual as we had no knowledge of the pandemic. We have all tried to purchase more and have been told that NHSE have been stockpiling, so we aren't allowed anymore, it is just as frustrating for the staff to have to try and explain why not everyone can have one atm when we are just as in the dark as patients...

Cos like, no one knew winter was coming and we were in the middle of the worst health crisis for hundreds of years

We actually have to order our vaccines from the manufacturers a year in advance, I ordered mine last September, so only the usual as we had no knowledge of the pandemic. We have all tried to purchase more and have been told that NHSE have been stockpiling, so we aren't allowed anymore, it is just as frustrating for the staff to have to try and explain why not everyone can have one atm when we are just as in the dark as patients..."

I really don't think they should have been allowed to sell them in the pharmacies until it was certain there was enough for vulnerable people under 65 to have one at there surgeries.

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

My mum had hers last week... maybe it's just SOME areas?

Mines booked in for next week through my GP, I get offered one every year. Many of my family have already had theirs.

A couple of close friends have theirs booked in at pharmacies and have no problem getting appointments.

My mum had hers last week... maybe it's just SOME areas?"

It depends on your age there are 2 different types of vaccine. One for the over 65's which there isn't a shortage of and those under 65 which there is a national shortage of.

North Bucks

Superdrug dependent on the store location I’ve seen.

Local surgery doesn’t seem to have a shortage either.

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

Our pharmacist asked about 2 months ago if anyone in the household would be wanting the flu jab so they knew how many to ask for and wouldn’t be short, not sure how they are getting on with this but I know our doctors last week still had approx 5000 jabs to give out to the elderly and vulnerable in our area which is a worry. Personally only had it once while working for a large corporation and I was ill for ages afterwards so not sure I would bother again

"Superdrug dependent on the store location I’ve seen.

Local surgery doesn’t seem to have a shortage either. "

And how do you know this because you said on another thread a couple of weeks ago how you never had one before but you'd booked in to have 1 just in case. There is a national shortage in the ones for the under 65's.

You and someone else shouted me down when I said that wasn't going to be enough for those that need them well I do need one I can't have 1 because people have been selfish and put themselves 1st as usual. You should check again if you are under 65 I bet you can't book in for one or if you can it won't be till the end of November.

North Bucks

And how do you know this because you said on another thread a couple of weeks ago how you never had one before but you'd booked in to have 1 just in case. There is a national shortage in the ones for the under 65's.

You and someone else shouted me down when I said that wasn't going to be enough for those that need them well I do need one I can't have 1 because people have been selfish and put themselves 1st as usual. You should check again if you are under 65 I bet you can't book in for one or if you can it won't be till the end of November."

How did I shout you down? We spoke about my dad not being able to have one?

I said I had booked one with Lloyd’s.

Been to the asthma clinic and they told me as they wanted to know if I had one. Hope that’s enough info for you

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Mrs M had hers last week and I am having mine this Saturday.

Boots luckily sorted us out prior to them running short on the vaccines.

You and someone else shouted me down when I said that wasn't going to be enough for those that need them well I do need one I can't have 1 because people have been selfish and put themselves 1st as usual. You should check again if you are under 65 I bet you can't book in for one or if you can it won't be till the end of November.

Been to the asthma clinic and they told me as they wanted to know if I had one. Hope that’s enough info for you "

You clearly posted That you would never had one before but you thought you would this year. When Clem said you all seem to be rushing out to get them before the The vunerable You kept saying that there was plenty there would be no shortage, that you weren't entitled to a free one so you paid for one.

When someone asked you why you were having one If you want vulnerable and you said with a laughing emoji well they took my money.

Let's HELP people to get a flu vaccination - if you get one it helps to protect everyone. So try and get one as soon as possible - if Boots or anyone else allow you to have one then they will have already prioritized - Let's let people who know what they are doing do what they do best . . .

A friend of mine had her booking moved to the 19th of October. She spoke to the Boots Store to ask them why she had been moved and they said it was simply that demand had depleted their stock. They said that they should come back on stream again on the 19th October.

If you go to Boots. Lloyds etc et-al. All have a 'Notify me' of availability by email page.

"Let's HELP people to get a flu vaccination - if you get one it helps to protect everyone. So try and get one as soon as possible - if Boots or anyone else allow you to have one then they will have already prioritized - Let's let people who know what they are doing do what they do best . . .

"

As usual you haven't checked your facts. I couldn't get one at my surgery until the end of November because they have run out for the under 65 I called boots who told me they have also run out until at least the end of October.

I told them I was in the vulnerable group and entitle to a free one so are they saving any for that group and may said it is not the company policy it is 1st come first serve so please check your facts before you put this stuff out there.

North Bucks

Been to the asthma clinic and they told me as they wanted to know if I had one. Hope that’s enough info for you

You clearly posted That you would never had one before but you thought you would this year. When Clem said you all seem to be rushing out to get them before the The vunerable You kept saying that there was plenty there would be no shortage, that you weren't entitled to a free one so you paid for one.

When someone asked you why you were having one If you want vulnerable and you said with a laughing emoji well they took my money.

"

Not strictly accurate there are we. Perhaps go back and read again. (Can’t believe you actually went back and read the thread )

It was the first time I considered it. Didn’t know I had to give you a detailed history of my health.

Been offered it twice free now just my luck.

Been offered two free ones

North Bucks

"Let's HELP people to get a flu vaccination - if you get one it helps to protect everyone. So try and get one as soon as possible - if Boots or anyone else allow you to have one then they will have already prioritized - Let's let people who know what they are doing do what they do best . . .

"

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

My mum had hers last week... maybe it's just SOME areas?

It depends on your age there are 2 different types of vaccine. One for the over 65's which there isn't a shortage of and those under 65 which there is a national shortage of."

I'm significantly under 65 but had mine at the GP in mid Sept. The shortages seem to be very regional/area dependent.

As usual you haven't checked your facts. I couldn't get one at my surgery until the end of November because they have run out for the under 65 I called boots who told me they have also run out until at least the end of October.

I told them I was in the vulnerable group and entitle to a free one so are they saving any for that group and may said it is not the company policy it is 1st come first serve so please check your facts before you put this stuff out there."

Jeesus. It's nothing to DO with FACTS. Boots HAVE prioritized FLU injections for vulnerable people. I said when you can get one get one.

By *iobhan123Woman  over a year ago

Deal

We actually have to order our vaccines from the manufacturers a year in advance, I ordered mine last September, so only the usual as we had no knowledge of the pandemic. We have all tried to purchase more and have been told that NHSE have been stockpiling, so we aren't allowed anymore, it is just as frustrating for the staff to have to try and explain why not everyone can have one atm when we are just as in the dark as patients...

I really don't think they should have been allowed to sell them in the pharmacies until it was certain there was enough for vulnerable people under 65 to have one at there surgeries."

I agree with you entirely. Pharmacies usually get priority delivery because they place larger orders than surgeries can as we have to order based on the over 65 and unders at risk only...been a bone of contention for the last few years

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I get mine next week. Appointment has been booked for 2 weeks.

Not strictly accurate there are we. Perhaps go back and read again. (Can’t believe you actually went back and read the thread )

It was the first time I considered it. Didn’t know I had to give you a detailed history of my health.

Been offered two free ones "

I didn't i have an identical memory. You did say because the pharmacy took your money.

Its there for everyone who wants to to see.

I told them I was in the vulnerable group and entitle to a free one so are they saving any for that group and may said it is not the company policy it is 1st come first serve so please check your facts before you put this stuff out there.

Jeesus. It's nothing to DO with FACTS. Boots HAVE prioritized FLU injections for vulnerable people. I said when you can get one get one.

"

No they haven't.

They have prioritized the appointments for the over 65's.

North Bucks

I didn't i have an identical memory. You did say because the pharmacy took your money.

Its there for everyone who wants to to see. "

Well your memory isn’t accurate. I paid for a flu jab when I get one free so sue me.

I interacted with Clem the way he interacts with people.

Well you don't have an 'identical' memory because you would have remembered that it's spelt 'eidetic'.

"

How dare you so because yet again you have been caught out giving wrong information you decide to take the piss out of me.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I got a txt yesterday to say come along to the surgery on sat for mine x

No they haven't.

They have prioritized the appointments for the over 65's. "

Jesus Christ I SAID THAT VULNERABLE PEOPLE!!!!!

Well your memory isn’t accurate. I paid for a flu jab when I get one free so sue me.

I interacted with Clem the way he interacts with people. "

OK but we all know that your not telling the truth.

No they haven't.

Jesus Christ I SAID THAT VULNERABLE PEOPLE!!!!!"

You don't listen or read. Where is totally different vaccine for the over 65's it is a completely different strain that is covered.

The one for the under 65 that are vulnerable is not available because healthy people have rushed out to get it. No pharmacy has prioritised the vaccine in the under 65 because they are meant to have it done at their surgery but because the pharmacies bought so many there isn't enough at the doctor's surgeries and now the appointments at the pharmacies have run out so like I said you've got your facts wrong again.

Well you don't have an 'identical' memory because you would have remembered that it's spelt 'eidetic'.

How dare you so because yet again you have been caught out giving wrong information you decide to take the piss out of me."

So. Word by word what is wrong with this information?

'Let's HELP people to get a flu vaccination - if you get one it helps to protect everyone. So try and get one as soon as possible - if Boots or anyone else allow you to have one then they will have already prioritized - Let's let people who know what they are doing do what they do best . . .

Get a notification with as many as you can and accept the first one available.'

????

"I got a txt yesterday to say come along to the surgery on sat for mine x"

I had a text message on Friday from my surgery to book mine. When I phoned they offered me 17th November as they should have some in by then.

North Bucks

OK but we all know that your not telling the truth. "

What because I didn’t offer up my full medial history. This seems to be a bigger deal for you than me.

Now I know I am classified as vulnerable I will probably get one next year as well if that’s ok? Just won’t pay for it.

I don’t begrudge others having it though from a vulnerable persons perspective.

What because I didn’t offer up my full medial history. This seems to be a bigger deal for you than me.

Now I know I am classified as vulnerable I will probably get one next year as well if that’s ok? Just won’t pay for it.

"

That is because you got yours those of us that were told that because we are vulnerable we should not go to the pharmacy to have one and have one at the doctors now can't get one for ages so yes I do begrudge perfectly healthy people getting one.

No they haven't.

Jesus Christ I SAID THAT VULNERABLE PEOPLE!!!!!

You don't listen or read. Where is totally different vaccine for the over 65's it is a completely different strain that is covered.

The one for the under 65 that are vulnerable is not available because healthy people have rushed out to get it. No pharmacy has prioritised the vaccine in the under 65 because they are meant to have it done at their surgery but because the pharmacies bought so many there isn't enough at the doctor's surgeries and now the appointments at the pharmacies have run out so like I said you've got your facts wrong again."

Then why oh why are you including me in anything YOU wrote about flu injections - I'm talking about Boots et-al.

When you can get an Vaccination get a Vaccination !!!!

North Bucks

That is because you got yours those of us that were told that because we are vulnerable we should not go to the pharmacy to have one and have one at the doctors now can't get one for ages so yes I do begrudge perfectly healthy people getting one."

Now that’s it’s calmed down a little.

Do you believe that the pharmacy stocks that people paid for took away NHS stock?

I booked and paid for flu jab a month ago ,had it last Thursday .First time in 8 years I've felt rough after having it

That is because you got yours those of us that were told that because we are vulnerable we should not go to the pharmacy to have one and have one at the doctors now can't get one for ages so yes I do begrudge perfectly healthy people getting one.

Do you believe that the pharmacy stocks that people paid for took away NHS stock?"

Don't patronise me I'm allowed an opinion and not to be told to calm down.

A person on this very thread who is a Pharmacist Has written that the pharmacies have been given priority for delivery and my GP surgery confirmed yesterday that because pharmacies had ordered so many there wasn't enough for the surgeries so yes that's exactly what's happened.

If people want to pay for a flu jab then surely they should be allowed to without being made to feel bad about it.

I get mine for free but I would pay for it if I felt I needed it.

You still get it for free from the pharmacy if you are on the list of those entitled to one on the NHS

Keep checking Tesco online I managed to get an appointment for my 75 year old mum eventually

North Bucks

Do you believe that the pharmacy stocks that people paid for took away NHS stock?

Don't patronise me I'm allowed an opinion and not to be told to calm down.

A person on this very thread who is a Pharmacist Has written that the pharmacies have been given priority for delivery and my GP surgery confirmed yesterday that because pharmacies had ordered so many there wasn't enough for the surgeries so yes that's exactly what's happened."

I didn’t tell you to calm down. And wasn’t patronising.

I think it’s probably best to leave it here. You seem to get upset over stuff on this thread that’s not actually happening.

Hope you get the jab sorted

So. People whenever you can get a Flu Vaccination get one - Leave the prioritizing of who get what first to the 'experts'.

Put yourself on as many email notifications as you possibly can.

The more people that are vaccinated the more protection there is for EVERYBODY.

"You still get it for free from the pharmacy if you are on the list of those entitled to one on the NHS

Keep checking Tesco online I managed to get an appointment for my 75 year old mum eventually "

Yes but you now can't get in with a pharmacy and the over 65 there is no shortage is the under 65 that has a shortage.

"So. People whenever you can get a Flu Vaccination get one - Leave the prioritizing of who get what first to the 'experts'.

"

What part of there has been no prioritising don't you seem to understand.

"So. People whenever you can get a Flu Vaccination get one - Leave the prioritizing of who get what first to the 'experts'.

What part of there has been no prioritising don't you seem to understand. "

Lots of people on this thread of the beginning who were vulnerable said they couldn't get one if they were under 65 but yes please do keep advocating that people just look out for themselves.

What part of there has been no prioritising don't you seem to understand. "

Boots have been prioritizing - I know because I took my friends Mum (67) - and I couldn't get one !!!!

North Bucks

Boots have been prioritizing - I know because I took my friends Mum (67) - and I couldn't get one !!!!"

Have you tried Superdrug

Boots have been prioritizing - I know because I took my friends Mum (67) - and I couldn't get one !!!!

Have you tried Superdrug "

I have one booked after the 19th.

Have you tried Superdrug "

Can you people not read it is a different vaccine for the over 65's there is no shortage of that.

There is no priority given to vulnerable people under 65 you can check it out for yourself and I will welcome apologies.

North Bucks

Have you tried Superdrug

Can you people not read it is a different vaccine for the over 65's there is no shortage of that.

There is no priority given to vulnerable people under 65 you can check it out for yourself and I will welcome apologies."

Sorry what have I got to apologise for now? This is quite exhausting keeping track.

Was just trying to help the poster out

Lost the will to live on this one.

I'm out. Merlot here I come.

People when you can get a Vaccination the EXPERTS will have sorted the priorities.

Get one and Be safe.

(L)

North Bucks

"Lost the will to live on this one.

People when you can get a Vaccination the EXPERTS will have sorted the priorities.

Get one and Be safe.

(L)"

Merlot yuck

Get one and Be safe.

(L)"

But they haven't.

I can't get one and I'm in the shielding group. You and twisted have got this wrong and I don't understand why you can't just admit that. You keep saying they are prioritising no they are not prioritising anybody under 65 but you won't acknowledge that.

Get one and Be safe.

(L)

Merlot yuck "

lol

North Bucks

Get one and Be safe.

(L)

But they haven't.

I can't get one and I'm in the shielding group. You and twisted have got this wrong and I don't understand why you can't just admit that. You keep saying they are prioritising no they are not prioritising anybody under 65 but you won't acknowledge that."

What have I got wrong dude?

Get one and Be safe.

(L)

Merlot yuck "

Oh man, Merlot is lush. You have crap taste

North Bucks

Get one and Be safe.

(L)

Merlot yuck

Oh man, Merlot is lush. You have crap taste "

Give me something white and bubbly. I know I know

Get one and Be safe.

(L)

But they haven't.

I can't get one and I'm in the shielding group. You and twisted have got this wrong and I don't understand why you can't just admit that. You keep saying they are prioritising no they are not prioritising anybody under 65 but you won't acknowledge that.

What have I got wrong dude? "

You just post said there are appointments available at pharmacies and the pharmacies are prioritising. They are not prioritising for anybody vulnerable under 65's.

Get one and Be safe.

(L)

But they haven't.

I can't get one and I'm in the shielding group. You and twisted have got this wrong and I don't understand why you can't just admit that. You keep saying they are prioritising no they are not prioritising anybody under 65 but you won't acknowledge that."

Out.

North Bucks

Get one and Be safe.

(L)

But they haven't.

What have I got wrong dude?

You just post said there are appointments available at pharmacies and the pharmacies are prioritising. They are not prioritising for anybody vulnerable under 65's."

I don’t remember saying they are prioritising? Can you bump that post?

Get one and Be safe.

(L)

But they haven't.

Out."

OK I will say this one more time they have not been prioritising for vulnerable people under 65 there are 2 types of vaccine 1 for the over 65's which there is no shortage of and 1 for the under 65 which is a shortage of because too many people who don't need 1 have been booking them through pharmacies.

[Removed by poster at 07/10/20 19:58:05]

Actually Friends Father got one at boots two days ago he's 57 and has COPD (ex-smoker).

Get one and Be safe.

(L)

Merlot yuck

Oh man, Merlot is lush. You have crap taste

Give me something white and bubbly. I know I know "

My hot tub is bubbly lol

By *ed VoluptaWoman  over a year ago

Wirral.

Well, I'm just happy that I was able to get my jab at my GP last week.

Have been getting it every year for god knows how long. Never got ill from it and I've not even had a cold for 7yrs!

So go out & get vaccinated people - every little helps!

I'm asthmatic and have the flu jab every year. Ordinarily I would have had it by now no problem but can I get one this year !

tried phoning sugery twice and got nowhere even overheard the chemist telling a customer to come back to make an appointment as they had no stock.

"I'm asthmatic and have the flu jab every year. Ordinarily I would have had it by now no problem but can I get one this year !

tried phoning sugery twice and got nowhere even overheard the chemist telling a customer to come back to make an appointment as they had no stock. "

Thats exactly the issue iv had.

In for ours tomorrow

"In for ours tomorrow "

Every vaccination helps to protect yourself and others.

My doctor called me 4 weeks ago and gave me an appointment for 5rd Oct, so had it few days back

I am also a volunteer driver for NHS ambulance and dur to this, they also offered one

Flu Jab seems plentiful in Scotland.

North Bucks

"My doctor called me 4 weeks ago and gave me an appointment for 5rd Oct, so had it few days back

I am also a volunteer driver for NHS ambulance and dur to this, they also offered one

Flu Jab seems plentiful in Scotland. "

Hope you are keeping well mate. How’s the shooting going?

By *inkerbell67Woman  over a year ago

Clacton on sea essex

Had mine last Saturday but it left me with a cough for a few days ,first time i had any side effects,wonder if its a different strain this year.

I interacted with Clem the way he interacts with people. "

Why did you pay for it when you can get it free ?

North Bucks

Why did you pay for it when you can get it free ?"

I didn’t really know much about it until Covid came along. Didn’t start considering my mortality till I passed 40 so it all made me think.

Arranged one with the pharmacy paid for it online and simply didn’t realise I was in a vulnerable group.

Also my work came out a week later and said they would also pay for every employee to have one as well. So could have got it twice for free.

You live and learn.

That is because you got yours those of us that were told that because we are vulnerable we should not go to the pharmacy to have one and have one at the doctors now can't get one for ages so yes I do begrudge perfectly healthy people getting one."

Im vulnerable too but i usually get mine done for free at Boots, iv never been told i have to just go to my GP for it.

I had mine. I'm not vulnerable (runs for cover) but I'm entitled to the free one at my Dr's cos of my job. I have paid in the past for it. But this year, I decided to go to my drs for my free one. I've worked all through covid (we aren't actually allowed to take holiday and haven't been since it started). I don't work for the NHS but I do work for a company that are helping by caring for ppl recovering from covid, in there homes, to free up hospital space. I think I deserve my free jab

Im vulnerable too but i usually get mine done for free at Boots, iv never been told i have to just go to my GP for it."

Yep thats exactly what I was told but the GP surgery's don't have enough.

I didn’t really know much about it until Covid came along. Didn’t start considering my mortality till I passed 40 so it all made me think.

Arranged one with the pharmacy paid for it online and simply didn’t realise I was in a vulnerable group.

Also my work came out a week later and said they would also pay for every employee to have one as well. So could have got it twice for free.

You live and learn.

"

Ah ok, the pharmacy should have given you it for free, when you book it they should ask if you qualify for it free ....next year maybe

North Bucks

You live and learn.

Ah ok, the pharmacy should have given you it for free, when you book it they should ask if you qualify for it free ....next year maybe "

Yes deffo.

Im vulnerable too but i usually get mine done for free at Boots, iv never been told i have to just go to my GP for it.

Yep thats exactly what I was told but the GP surgery's don't have enough. "

Maybe next year get it (for free) at a pharmacy

You live and learn.

Ah ok, the pharmacy should have given you it for free, when you book it they should ask if you qualify for it free ....next year maybe

Yes deffo. "

"I had mine. I'm not vulnerable (runs for cover) but I'm entitled to the free one at my Dr's cos of my job. I have paid in the past for it. But this year, I decided to go to my drs for my free one. I've worked all through covid (we aren't actually allowed to take holiday and haven't been since it started). I don't work for the NHS but I do work for a company that are helping by caring for ppl recovering from covid, in there homes, to free up hospital space. I think I deserve my free jab"

You shouldn't feel that you have to justify getting a flu jab. No one should. If anyone wants one, they should go ahead and get one.

Northampton Somewhere

"I had mine. I'm not vulnerable (runs for cover) but I'm entitled to the free one at my Dr's cos of my job. I have paid in the past for it. But this year, I decided to go to my drs for my free one. I've worked all through covid (we aren't actually allowed to take holiday and haven't been since it started). I don't work for the NHS but I do work for a company that are helping by caring for ppl recovering from covid, in there homes, to free up hospital space. I think I deserve my free jab

You shouldn't feel that you have to justify getting a flu jab. No one should. If anyone wants one, they should go ahead and get one."

I started writing a post but swiftly changed my mind thinking exactly that!

It's important for as many people as wish to get a Flu Vac to get one - Protect yourself to protect others.

Be vocal about getting one. The more vocal you are, the more that others will too.

Hope you get one soon. XX

North Bucks

"I had mine. I'm not vulnerable (runs for cover) but I'm entitled to the free one at my Dr's cos of my job. I have paid in the past for it. But this year, I decided to go to my drs for my free one. I've worked all through covid (we aren't actually allowed to take holiday and haven't been since it started). I don't work for the NHS but I do work for a company that are helping by caring for ppl recovering from covid, in there homes, to free up hospital space. I think I deserve my free jab

You shouldn't feel that you have to justify getting a flu jab. No one should. If anyone wants one, they should go ahead and get one.

I started writing a post but swiftly changed my mind thinking exactly that! "

Same here.

Maybe next year get it (for free) at a pharmacy "

I swear people can't read. The pharmacies have not prioritised anybody under 65! The pharmacies have ordered more of the vaccine and the surgeries haven't been able to get them. The slots have run out at pharmacies.

I really don't understand what people don't get about the fact if you are not at risk you should wait and allow people who are a risk to get one. several people on this thread who keep banging on about how vulnerable people should stay shielding and look after themselves what do you think we are trying to do? when selfish people are rushing to the front of the queue.

Loads of people on this thread have said they can't get one yet there are still the selfish who are advocating to just book anyway and as many slots as you can. It's disgusting attitude.

When people who work at pharmacies and doctors surgeries have confirmed what I have said on this thread you have all just ignored it. I am allowed an opinion yet my character keeps getting slammed. My opinion is that anybody who have not been told by their GP all their work place but they are a priority should have waited. You can say all you like there is enough for the vulnerable but I can tell you that there isn't.

I started writing a post but swiftly changed my mind thinking exactly that! "

Nobody has said anybody that is entitled to a free flu jab shouldn't have one. The problem is those that need it can't get one why can't people understand this.

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

Flu vaccines will not protect you from COVID -19 but they will help protect you from further illness IF you also contract Corona Virus

Every surgery, pharmacy etc will have had to order their Flu vaccs at the start of the year! Most will base ordering on last years demand. Any unused vaccines have to be destroyed so why would any provider order more than they need at £10 a shot

This year demand is unprecedented and there is not enough vaccine in the system to fulfill everyone’s need. If you NEED one GET one if you’re offered one

Incidentally, next years strain of flu vaccine was decided on the last day of February this year, as it is every year!

Maybe next year get it (for free) at a pharmacy

I swear people can't read. The pharmacies have not prioritised anybody under 65! The pharmacies have ordered more of the vaccine and the surgeries haven't been able to get them. The slots have run out at pharmacies.

I really don't understand what people don't get about the fact if you are not at risk you should wait and allow people who are a risk to get one. several people on this thread who keep banging on about how vulnerable people should stay shielding and look after themselves what do you think we are trying to do? when selfish people are rushing to the front of the queue.

Loads of people on this thread have said they can't get one yet there are still the selfish who are advocating to just book anyway and as many slots as you can. It's disgusting attitude.

When people who work at pharmacies and doctors surgeries have confirmed what I have said on this thread you have all just ignored it. I am allowed an opinion yet my character keeps getting slammed. My opinion is that anybody who have not been told by their GP all their work place but they are a priority should have waited. You can say all you like there is enough for the vulnerable but I can tell you that there isn't. "

I'm not sure what annoyed/upset you about my comment suggesting that next year you get your flu jab for free at a pharmacy, you are vulnerable so you are entitled to it ? I have done that for many years, mainly because in past years my GP only had flu vaccine clinics during my working day and i would have to book a days annual leave to get it, hence i booked to have one at Boots or Superdrug who do them at the weekend which suits me better ! I have never been told that because I'm vulnerable i have to get it done at my GP surgery, they are fine about me choosing to get it done elsewhere !!

Nobody has said anybody that is entitled to a free flu jab shouldn't have one. The problem is those that need it can't get one why can't people understand this."

Im highly vulnerable, i had the shielding letter. I'm booked to have my flu vaccine done at Boots next week, i rang them to check thats still available and they said it is.

You can’t have looked that hard, due to work commitments I had to cancel the doctors appointment I had, they directed my to three pharmacies all in South Liverpool who had appointments within three days

Got mine free due to work policies

North Bucks

You can’t have looked that hard, due to work commitments I had to cancel the doctors appointment I had, they directed my to three pharmacies all in South Liverpool who had appointments within three days"

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"To be fair I’ve heard a lot of people saying ‘I haven’t had one for years but thought I better cos of this COVID’

Makes sense they would run short, really. "

The irony is that these are probably the very same people that have been saying covid and flu are two different things!

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Had mine recently.

Consider other venues, such as pharmacies..

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes departure lounge NN9 Northamptonshire East not West MidlandsMidlands

Have mine booked at my GP for 7th November.

Seemingly I am also entitled to a Pneumonia vaccine which I will have at the same time as my flu jab.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Have mine booked at my GP for 7th November.

Seemingly I am also entitled to a Pneumonia vaccine which I will have at the same time as my flu jab."

Yes I've been having the pneumonia one last few years x

"Trouble is they are a bit of a waste of time. People still get the flu even after the flu jab. There are so many different strains of the flu. The jab only captors for some of them. Pretty pointless if you ask me. I am in the vulnerable group and until recently had one every year and still got the flu. Lucky my immune system. Is quite strong etc. "

Theyre not at all pointless. I've been having flu jabs for years and have never had flu. I doubt you had flu just another virus

But the truth is . . .

Actually a Friends Father got one at boots two days ago he's 57 and has COPD (ex-smoker).

Get a flu vaccination as soon as you can - the experts will take care of the priorities - Protect yourself. Protects others too.

I have health problems and have had the flu jab for a good few now. I had mine on Tuesday at Boots which I booked at the begining of September as last year my GP had problems with stock of the jab. I didnt wait to hear from my GP this year and I still havent heard from them about a jab but Boots will inform them I have had one.

Whilst I was waiting an elderly couple asked about the flu jab and were told that they werent making anymore appointments as stock was very low. The couple had tried their GP and other chemists with no luck. The couple were told to keep checking online and when they said they arent online they were told that it was the only way to book an appointment. Whilst I understand why it is done this way it does seem unfair to anyone who cant get online.

I had the pneumonia jab last year and I thought you only either needed it once or you have to have a booster every 5 years if you have certain spleen/kidney problems .

Northampton Somewhere

Nobody has said anybody that is entitled to a free flu jab shouldn't have one. The problem is those that need it can't get one why can't people understand this."

I understand what you are saying thank you very much.

What I don't understand is why you keep saying people are selfish for paying for a vaccine if they're not entitled.

I've had mine and should I be unfortunate enough to catch flu I will no longer pass to on to anyone else, vunerable or not.

Nobody has said anybody that is entitled to a free flu jab shouldn't have one. The problem is those that need it can't get one why can't people understand this.

I understand what you are saying thank you very much.

What I don't understand is why you keep saying people are selfish for paying for a vaccine if they're not entitled.

I've had mine and should I be unfortunate enough to catch flu I will no longer pass to on to anyone else, vunerable or not. "